Author Topic: Jerry kicked of emerica  (Read 36522 times)

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
Re: Jerry kicked of emerica
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2018, 04:33:17 AM »
does anyone have a link to his made 2 part? can only find the b sides

I had to watch a minute of some pretty crazy KFC ad first, but Made 2 is up on youtube's non-union Chinese equivalent.
https://v.qq.com/x/page/e03599nhr27.html
Jerry's part is at about 25:00.

Tortoise

« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2018, 05:43:21 AM »
ITT

Gee, stop overreacting so much. Calm down.

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2018, 06:39:07 AM »
Could see him on business & co. Him and MJ work well together. Two people who are literally better than everyone in every way... ;D
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

emchen

• Rep: 20
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2018, 07:44:27 AM »
I thought his comments about how videos don't really sell shit were good.

The last video I remember that really moved product was Cherry with Cons/Chucks. And I don't even think that was totally on purpose either.

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2018, 09:02:31 AM »
i dont get how this guy doesnt have a shoe or board sponsor unless he just doesnt care about it anymore or is a huge pain in the ass to work for. his company is the blandest, not special shit ever, and it sells like crazy because its his. that alone should show his value to other companies. i just dont get it.
u didnt even listen to this podcast at all did u

artskool

• Rep: 31
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2018, 09:17:23 AM »
Imagine you go out of your way to back legit skateboard brands, like emerica vs. signing with big shoe and you end up where Jerry is. Or Marc if you're lucky.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2018, 09:31:12 AM »
Imagine you go out of your way to back legit skateboard brands, like emerica vs. signing with big shoe and you end up where Jerry is. Or Marc if you're lucky.

this.  the notion that "skater owned brands" somehow have superior ethics is laughable. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2018, 10:30:06 AM »
Makes me feel better about the Scifi Fantasy hoodie I copped on Friday

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2018, 10:59:17 AM »
This interview alone probably boosted sales of Nike, cons and adidas
Gentleman ninja warlock

haydtang

• Rep: -20
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2018, 12:09:58 PM »
where can i watch wet hot emerican summer it's not on youtube
you dont want to watch it, no jerry hsu

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 658
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2018, 01:23:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this.  the notion that "skater owned brands" somehow have superior ethics is laughable.

Ocean Howell did an interview where he briefly discusses skate business ethics and how skate brands were expected to make some decisions that didn't directly support the bottom line. Sadly, the interview is from 14 years ago, and I feel the days he was discussing are long gone.

https://skateboarding.transworld.net/news/skateboarding-though-corporate-america-we-are-inefficient-and-proud/

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2018, 02:53:24 PM »
Expand Quote
i dont get how this guy doesnt have a shoe or board sponsor unless he just doesnt care about it anymore or is a huge pain in the ass to work for. his company is the blandest, not special shit ever, and it sells like crazy because its his. that alone should show his value to other companies. i just dont get it.
[close]
u didnt even listen to this podcast at all did u

correct i didnt. i figured someone would have already addressed those points. i listened now though and yeah he just doesnt care about being sponsored and doesnt need it financially since he already prepared for life after skating. isnt complaining seriously about anything. hes doing everything right it seems.

that interview made me like him more.

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2018, 03:27:11 PM »
It's going to be strange when Emerica  is gone..

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2018, 04:35:26 PM »
Sponsorship wise, Jerry should still be coasting off the Made 2 part through 2019 even though the song/edit did him no favors. Shit was comparable to what AVE did in Propeller if you consider career length/industry status.   

wheee!

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2018, 04:41:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Someone needs to tell Jerry to quit being so Yellow because This Is Skateboarding and you just can't Stay Gold forever and fuckin Kids in Emerica too and fuck it Made 1 and 2 I'm regular.
[close]
All puns aside you have been reported
[close]
Jerry just lives life like it's a bag of suck

probably knows his career path is subject to change.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2018, 04:50:39 PM »
Sponsorship wise, Jerry should still be coasting off the Made 2 part through 2019 even though the song/edit did him no favors. Shit was comparable to what AVE did in Propeller if you consider career length/industry status.

I thought the same thing. Shit only came out 2 years ago and is more recent than say Propeller. I think emerica picked one vet pro to hang on to and Jerry wasn't it. He seems like he's doing fine and maybe it was better that he spent his remaining relevance on his own brand rather than someone else's.

Also fuck drop shipping that shit's corny.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2018, 04:52:08 PM »

Honestly, one or two fillers aside, that part was probably the best thing Jerry did since bag of suck, does not get the credit it deserves.

Giz

• Rep: -1
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2018, 05:37:49 PM »
I'm a Jerry fan, but truth be told he was always rocking other brands shoes (Converse etc) so I wouldn't blame Emerica for this. Pretty sure if Lebron was seen rocking Adidas that there would be problems. If you are sponsored paid and under contract to wear Emerica then you cant wear the competition's shoes...period. This should end this discussion

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2018, 06:02:14 PM »
Emerica shutting down?
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2018, 06:10:16 PM »
my bad i meant to not post that

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2018, 07:08:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Honestly, one or two fillers aside, that part was probably the best thing Jerry did since bag of suck, does not get the credit it deserves.

Completely forgot his part in Made 2 existed. Just rewatched and holy shit the song/edit doesn't do his skating any justice. I long for the days before music rights became an issue.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2018, 07:56:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Someone needs to tell Jerry to quit being so Yellow because This Is Skateboarding and you just can't Stay Gold forever and fuckin Kids in Emerica too and fuck it Made 1 and 2 I'm regular.
[close]
[close]
[close]

i just hope he can weather the storm

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2213
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2018, 09:35:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Depends how many black cats cross his path

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

nocomply900

• Rep: 2
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2018, 09:44:05 PM »

Is there ever an inappropriate time to post this? Jerry should be doing well from the t-shirt royalties for at least the next few years.

But on a serious note, I t’s very sad that Emerica did that to him. Hope he can bounce back!

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2018, 09:46:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
Depends how many black cats cross his path

In good times or bad, Jerry will always stay gold.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2018, 11:59:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Completely forgot his part in Made 2 existed. Just rewatched and holy shit the song/edit doesn't do his skating any justice. I long for the days before music rights became an issue.

Doesn't he have a Mogwai track?

On this note, how is it possibly in the interest of a brand like Emerica not to put their videos online? Is it a music licensing issue? I'd be super keen to watch Made 2 but it doesn't seem to be online. If I were running a company, I would want all our video productions easily available online in HD (or good quality). Whats the point of making a video if its not accessible? No one is buying hard copies these days.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2018, 12:51:40 AM »
You’re all smoking crack if you didn’t enjoy that Mogwai song.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2018, 02:11:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

On this note, how is it possibly in the interest of a brand like Emerica not to put their videos online? Is it a music licensing issue? I'd be super keen to watch Made 2 but it doesn't seem to be online. If I were running a company, I would want all our video productions easily available online in HD (or good quality). Whats the point of making a video if its not accessible? No one is buying hard copies these days.

There are still people buying hard copies like myself, but I would buy it anyway even if it was on YouTube.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

GinosGroceries

« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2018, 02:27:56 AM »

Is there ever an inappropriate time to post this? Jerry should be doing well from the t-shirt royalties for at least the next few years.

But on a serious note, I t’s very sad that Emerica did that to him. Hope he can bounce back!

Hahaha^^^^ never forget
I really want to know if anybody bought one of those shirts.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2018, 03:09:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

iTunes paywall homie. It's where a lot of the bigger budget videos go and yeah keeping it there forever is so fucking stupid that it's probably a contractual thing with Apple.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.