Author Topic: Jamie Foy of Diamond  (Read 18710 times)

cloudy

Re: Jamie Foy of Diamond
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2018, 07:15:22 AM »
could see him on geox

muntcuscle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 44
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2018, 07:16:27 AM »
Will Diamond survive this?

Also:
off
adverb
away from the place in question; to or at a distance.
"Jamie Foy off Diamond"

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2018, 07:22:22 AM »
Expand Quote
He's going to Footprint shoes with Joey Brezinski
[close]
Isn’t that already dead?
apparently (and amazingly) it's not...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2018, 07:39:08 AM »
Diamond of footwear

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2018, 07:40:01 AM »
Foy to Praxis.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2018, 07:42:44 AM »
I fucks with the NB#

So when you have sex, you wear New Balance shoes?  Probably some decent arch support and heel cushioning.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1057
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2018, 07:52:20 AM »

Also:
off
adverb
"Jamie Foy off Diamond"

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Welcome to Slap
Fuck you

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1057
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2018, 07:56:47 AM »
I think NB is a good fit. Jaime could easily be on any brand he wanted but chose a brand with a dope and tight-knit team, which I back. Diamond Footwear has some crazy deals, like 3 pairs for $100. I'm no mathematician, but if you're selling 3 shoes in a bundle which were originally sold individually for at least $79, your company is probably having a hard time getting rid of inventory.

I've never seen Diamond shoes in the wild and I think Torey was in over his head trying to create a brand that competes with the big 3. Anyone for that matter, not just Torey.

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2018, 07:57:57 AM »
Dude must really want paid. Should be getting alot from red bull and diamond and deathwish.

"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2018, 08:05:40 AM »
Diamond of footwear

This crossed my mind a couple weeks ago when Diamond announced a collab shoe with Nike SB.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2018, 08:16:53 AM »
Expand Quote
I fucks with the NB#
[close]

So when you have sex, you wear New Balance shoes?  Probably some decent arch support and heel cushioning.
Yeah. everyone's got their thing when they fuck. That one black guy wears Timberlands and knee braces. I wear my New Balances.

Zumiez And Xanax

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2018, 08:31:17 AM »
boost the brand

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2018, 08:41:32 AM »
I don’t know how him and Franky cram their fat feet in to New Balances. I bought a pair of 868s in my normal size, felt like my feet were wearing vices.

D10S

• Rep: -53
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2018, 08:46:12 AM »
Expand Quote

Also:
off
adverb
"Jamie Foy off Diamond"
[close]

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Welcome to Slap
Fuck you

gracias, I feel all cozy 'n caca. 

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2018, 09:00:47 AM »
Foy on Vans would have been a nice move. I don’t know why anyone would want to go w Diamond although a few of the Boo Js look alright even tho they rip of the slip on pros.

pinkbananastatus

• Rep: 10
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2018, 09:01:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i'd say he would fit emerica pretty well.
but yeah i doubt it that he'll land there.
[close]
Although he doesn't fit their image, this the kinda move That might help Emerica or any of the sole tech brands, mortgage the brand on him and make shoes kids want.
[close]

the kids want adidas...

Emerica on Adidas confirmed
I don't really understand what's going on and I haven't read this thread yet, but I can tell I'm angry.

MASTiF

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2018, 09:04:51 AM »

Those mid life crisis dad shoes will go great with his boosted board

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2018, 09:07:05 AM »
I think NB is a good fit. Jaime could easily be on any brand he wanted but chose a brand with a dope and tight-knit team, which I back. Diamond Footwear has some crazy deals, like 3 pairs for $100. I'm no mathematician, but if you're selling 3 shoes in a bundle which were originally sold individually for at least $79, your company is probably having a hard time getting rid of inventory.

I've never seen Diamond shoes in the wild and I think Torey was in over his head trying to create a brand that competes with the big 3. Anyone for that matter, not just Torey.

Torey only rides for Diamond shoes and has HIS brand Grizzly under the same distribution, but Diamond is Nick Tershay's brand, NOT Torey's.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2018, 09:08:24 AM »
NB makes great skate shoes. Fuck off with the dad shoes jokes already.

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2018, 09:15:01 AM »
Foy is perfect for NB, if anyone actually is.

drunkenshredder

• Rep: -135
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2018, 09:15:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Grizzly will be done in a few months.

Torey only rides for Diamond shoes and has HIS brand Grizzly under the same distribution, but Diamond is Nick Tershay's brand, NOT Torey's.

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2018, 09:38:32 AM »
so wait you're telling me that someone tried to start a skate shoe brand its failing now, I would've nevvvvverrrrr thought that would happen trying to compete nike and addidas......

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3330
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2018, 09:43:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Him on NB# is a bit unexpected, but why not ? I could picture him on Vans.
At least it's not Nike
[close]

Jake Hayes connection maybe?
[close]

i don't think the SOTY needs an "in" to get noticed at a major shoe company

I'd take care talking that way about The SOTY if I were you! The SOTY demands respect or leave The SOTY's  name out your mouth. All hail The SOTY!

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2018, 09:54:10 AM »

Also:
off
adverb
"Jamie Foy off Diamond"

The dictionary is wrong...

of
adverb
"D10S should get of SLAP"
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2018, 09:58:09 AM »
I always thought he was on Diamond as a homey move. I mean, he left Nike to go to them, I can't imagine they possibly pay better than Nike.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2018, 10:01:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Grizzly will be done in a few months.

[close]

what makes you say that?

cloudy

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2018, 10:24:10 AM »
I always thought he was on Diamond as a homey move. I mean, he left Nike to go to them, I can't imagine they possibly pay better than Nike.

from what was discussed in jamie's nine club interview, it seemed like torey and ellington were in cahoots to cross-promote him/bring him up the pro ranks in unison. like ellington was thinking he'd like to turn jamie pro for deathwish, but not if nike wasn't going to be promoting him. and torey was looking for a fresh face to hype up his newish footwear venture, but not if he wasn't even going to be pro yet for a board company. so boom - pro for deathwish, pro for diamond, diamond x deathwish high-top - gotta strike while the iron is hot and cash in on that soty buzz. i think it was a good move by jamie (ryan clements?) to leave the crowded team over at nike in favor of getting the pro push from deathwish and diamond. seems like he was able to parlay that into a season of street league, and now he has the luxury to branch out and look for more lucrative deals.

tetanus xrist

• Rep: -18
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2018, 10:33:33 AM »
I'd wear those Torey Pudwill clown shoes every day if they flew me out to Hawaii to do body shots off of models.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2018, 10:35:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

from what was discussed in jamie's nine club interview, it seemed like torey and ellington were in cahoots to cross-promote him/bring him up the pro ranks in unison. like ellington was thinking he'd like to turn jamie pro for deathwish, but not if nike wasn't going to be promoting him. and torey was looking for a fresh face to hype up his newish footwear venture, but not if he wasn't even going to be pro yet for a board company. so boom - pro for deathwish, pro for diamond, diamond x deathwish high-top - gotta strike while the iron is hot and cash in on that soty buzz. i think it was a good move by jamie (ryan clements?) to leave the crowded team over at nike in favor of getting the pro push from deathwish and diamond. seems like he was able to parlay that into a season of street league, and now he has the luxury to branch out and look for more lucrative deals.

Ryan Clements is a major factor in all of this as well.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2018, 10:45:37 AM »

Leaving Nike was a good move in the long run for Jamie and all conspiring parties. Easier to shine on Diamond. Diamond/Deathwish got their fresh face that turned into a SOTY. I'd assume Jamie got paid more being full on Diamond than he would have if he would have remained Nike Flow Pro for those years (although nobody could have predicted that SOTY).