Author Topic: Jamie Foy of Diamond  (Read 18709 times)

headtowall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -14
Re: Jamie Foy of Diamond
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2018, 12:00:25 PM »
always thought he would be a good fir for Krooked Footwear

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2018, 12:24:53 PM »
Jamie Foy on Vox confirmed.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2018, 02:00:22 PM »
Foy on Vans would have been a nice move. I don’t know why anyone would want to go w Diamond although a few of the Boo Js look alright even tho they rip of the slip on pros.

Anyone tried Boos shoe yet?
Tried Biebels and left a bit to be desired
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Pavs323

• Rep: 13
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2018, 02:15:39 PM »
i'd say he would fit emerica pretty well.
but yeah i doubt it that he'll land there.

Yeah there’s no way they could afford him.

sms_b

« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2018, 02:21:38 PM »
He's going to the brand new UGG skate program.

• Rep: 99
  • Fully Flared! coming November 16th 2007
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2018, 04:42:09 PM »
boost the brand

What is this brand and why is it biting the shoes I had in middle school 11 years ago?

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2018, 05:06:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hard to understand why one of the biggest (no pun intended) skaters on earth, a reigning SOTY at that, isn’t on a big shoe company.
[close]
who is chris cole.
[close]

Chris Cole hasn’t been relevant for almost 10 years now.
[close]

5 years at most. His DC deal was huge, but then everyone stopped caring about his boom boom ass style
[close]

I can't believe they spent so much money on that team and didn't do shit with it

My local shop changed locations a while back and their old building is still sitting there abandoned with a huge reDISCOVER DC banner with that whole team in one of the windows.  Gets me pumped whenever I'm walking by 

wheee!

gross_nerd

• Rep: -5
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2018, 05:50:27 PM »
Finally, bet

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2018, 07:42:33 PM »
If true it's a great move for NB# and Foy deserves every bit of it. Foy/Westgate/Villani/Knox leading the charge.

HisDudest

• Rep: -140
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2018, 07:43:32 PM »
I still can't believe he has a deal with Jack Links, fucking hilarious

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2018, 07:49:13 PM »
If true it's a great move for NB# and Foy deserves every bit of it. Foy/Westgate/Villani/Knox leading the charge.

Don’t forget marquise Henry!

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2018, 08:00:03 PM »
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2018, 08:47:25 PM »
Will Diamond survive this?

Also:
of
adverb
away from the place in question; to or at a distance.
"Jamie Foy of Diamond"

Fixed this for you

fs overkrook

« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2018, 10:15:23 PM »
Foy left Nike cuz scuba wasn’t going to do anything with him.

Big mistake on his part if you ask me.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2018, 10:38:55 PM »
always thought it was weird he was on Diamond cause he doesnt fit the image of it being on deathwish and all that.

hope he gets on something that pays well with good travel opportunities

id love to see him on eS actually but that wont happen  :(
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

shit4breakfast

• Rep: -15
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2018, 10:46:29 PM »
i always forget that NB makes skate shoes, do they really pull a profit off this shit?

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2018, 10:55:48 PM »
Foy left Nike cuz scuba wasn’t going to do anything with him.

Big mistake on his part if you ask me.

Big boy really could have used that nike air unit though...
But really, if he's on NB# that is pretty sick. Cool team.

Although whenever I see Foy it just screams 'emerica'...

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2018, 11:03:05 PM »
Expand Quote
I always thought he was on Diamond as a homey move. I mean, he left Nike to go to them, I can't imagine they possibly pay better than Nike.
[close]

from what was discussed in jamie's nine club interview, it seemed like torey and ellington were in cahoots to cross-promote him/bring him up the pro ranks in unison. like ellington was thinking he'd like to turn jamie pro for deathwish, but not if nike wasn't going to be promoting him. and torey was looking for a fresh face to hype up his newish footwear venture, but not if he wasn't even going to be pro yet for a board company. so boom - pro for deathwish, pro for diamond, diamond x deathwish high-top - gotta strike while the iron is hot and cash in on that soty buzz. i think it was a good move by jamie (ryan clements?) to leave the crowded team over at nike in favor of getting the pro push from deathwish and diamond. seems like he was able to parlay that into a season of street league, and now he has the luxury to branch out and look for more lucrative deals.

Am I missing something because it didn't seem like Diamond really did anything with him. Just one colour way.

fs overkrook

« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2018, 11:06:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I always thought he was on Diamond as a homey move. I mean, he left Nike to go to them, I can't imagine they possibly pay better than Nike.
[close]

from what was discussed in jamie's nine club interview, it seemed like torey and ellington were in cahoots to cross-promote him/bring him up the pro ranks in unison. like ellington was thinking he'd like to turn jamie pro for deathwish, but not if nike wasn't going to be promoting him. and torey was looking for a fresh face to hype up his newish footwear venture, but not if he wasn't even going to be pro yet for a board company. so boom - pro for deathwish, pro for diamond, diamond x deathwish high-top - gotta strike while the iron is hot and cash in on that soty buzz. i think it was a good move by jamie (ryan clements?) to leave the crowded team over at nike in favor of getting the pro push from deathwish and diamond. seems like he was able to parlay that into a season of street league, and now he has the luxury to branch out and look for more lucrative deals.
[close]

Am I missing something because it didn't seem like Diamond really did anything with him. Just one colour way.
What does diamond do with any of their riders? Is it that I just don’t care???? I follow skateboarding and I never hear anything about them. Can anybody out there prove me wrong

Zumiez And Xanax

« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2018, 11:26:19 PM »
jamie foy on emerica would make my week.. i am alone

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2018, 12:14:57 AM »
Red bull footwear

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2018, 12:15:31 AM »
I don’t know how him and Franky cram their fat feet in to New Balances. I bought a pair of 868s in my normal size, felt like my feet were wearing vices.
I luckily got 1/2 size bigger in the 868 and its perfect!

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2018, 12:18:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Foy on Vans would have been a nice move. I don’t know why anyone would want to go w Diamond although a few of the Boo Js look alright even tho they rip of the slip on pros.
[close]

Anyone tried Boos shoe yet?

Skated amazingly for a day and then got soggy/floppy.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2018, 12:50:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
What does diamond do with any of their riders? Is it that I just don’t care???? I follow skateboarding and I never hear anything about them. Can anybody out there prove me wrong

Well besides Jamie all of their pros were getting pro models.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2018, 03:07:26 AM »
If Diamond is not doing too fine, it would explain why Nick Tucker left just after his promodel was released.
Who is Diamond left with: Biebel, Torey and Boo Johnson? No ams?
The future doesn't look too bright

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2018, 03:47:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Will Diamond survive this?

Also:
off
adverb
away from the place in question; to or at a distance.
"Jamie Foy off Diamond"
[close]

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Welcome to Slap
Fuck you
[close]

gracias, I feel all cozy 'n caca.

fuck of and get of SLAP so you can stop giving latinxs a bad image

also maradona is and has always been a pos—igual que tu boludo hdp
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

cloudy

« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2018, 04:09:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

they gave him a pro model shoe, and also released an entire capsule collection based off his connection with deathwish. they were also running two-page ads of him in the skate mags. considering dudes the caliber of ishod and gt and only getting colorways on nike, you'd be crazy to think that nike would have done anything more for jamie.

"Unveiling their brand new collaborated line of shoes, accessories and apparel, Diamond Supply Co. and Deathwish Skateboards introduce the Foy Select Hi Skate Shoes, Jamie Foy's signature pro model shoe." https://www.zumiez.com/diamond-supply-co-x-deathwish-foy-select-hi-skate-shoes.html

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2018, 08:42:00 AM »
i always forget that NB makes skate shoes, do they really pull a profit off this shit?

NB makes great shoes, they have a good team and put out good content. Are you really interested in their profit margins??...because you just sound like some sort of teen edgelord here

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2018, 09:02:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

they gave him a pro model shoe, and also released an entire capsule collection based off his connection with deathwish. they were also running two-page ads of him in the skate mags. considering dudes the caliber of ishod and gt and only getting colorways on nike, you'd be crazy to think that nike would have done anything more for jamie.

"Unveiling their brand new collaborated line of shoes, accessories and apparel, Diamond Supply Co. and Deathwish Skateboards introduce the Foy Select Hi Skate Shoes, Jamie Foy's signature pro model shoe." https://www.zumiez.com/diamond-supply-co-x-deathwish-foy-select-hi-skate-shoes.html

This is one of the ugliest shoes I've ever seen. Diamond seems to have that market covered.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2018, 09:29:01 AM »
^ That's a colorway not a promodel, I don't get how diamond didn't released a pro shoe after he won soty