Author Topic: Neal Hendrix is a pedo  (Read 158310 times)

Schneaumunn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 19
  • Stop needlin’ me you prick!
The look and feel of hand tooled leather

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 637
Re: Neal Hendrix is a pedo
« Reply #571 on: September 20, 2019, 01:46:24 PM »
Wait, are these new people that came out with a similar story or did I miss something? :o

There's no new information. It's a think piece, published  by a skate magazine for women, about the pervasiveness of sexual abuse against women and the difficulties we have addressing it, both in skateboarding and more generally. However, this is Slap, and when women have something to say about skateboarding we get all fired up and complain about how many more stairs a man can kickflip.

Pillowphile

• Rep: 0
« Reply #572 on: September 21, 2019, 12:18:02 PM »
Debated on posting about this for a while, but since I haven't seen anything here on it, this is what I know:

Neal Hendrix had, by my gauging, a pretty creepy relationship with young and upcoming star Gavin Bottger. It appeared they met by Gavin being a Woodward frequenter and very talented.  He started to take on a mentor role with Gavin it appeared, them travelling together to all of the international contests, and Neal proudly posting about how good Gavin was getting.

This all seemed to come to a very precipitous end with the Julz Lynn outing, with nothing past Neal's last post on Instagram and Gavin no longer showing them travel together.

Now I'm not here to explicitly claim anything happened here. Neal may have been simply a mentor to this young kid, and the parents may have felt uncomfortable with the relationship after Julz doing what she did.

But, before I was ever aware of any wrongdoing on Neal's part it certainly felt a little fishy looking through an objective lens.

In summation, Neal Hendrix had a close relationship with a minor that ended after being accused of being a pedophile.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #573 on: September 21, 2019, 12:44:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Wait, are these new people that came out with a similar story or did I miss something? :o
[close]

There's no new information. It's a think piece, published  by a skate magazine for women, about the pervasiveness of sexual abuse against women and the difficulties we have addressing it, both in skateboarding and more generally. However, this is Slap, and when women have something to say about skateboarding we get all fired up and complain about how many more stairs a man can kickflip.

Ha, well said. Well said.

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #574 on: September 21, 2019, 01:16:20 PM »
Debated on posting about this for a while, but since I haven't seen anything here on it, this is what I know:

Neal Hendrix had, by my gauging, a pretty creepy relationship with young and upcoming star Gavin Bottger. It appeared they met by Gavin being a Woodward frequenter and very talented.  He started to take on a mentor role with Gavin it appeared, them travelling together to all of the international contests, and Neal proudly posting about how good Gavin was getting.

This all seemed to come to a very precipitous end with the Julz Lynn outing, with nothing past Neal's last post on Instagram and Gavin no longer showing them travel together.

Now I'm not here to explicitly claim anything happened here. Neal may have been simply a mentor to this young kid, and the parents may have felt uncomfortable with the relationship after Julz doing what she did.

But, before I was ever aware of any wrongdoing on Neal's part it certainly felt a little fishy looking through an objective lens.

In summation, Neal Hendrix had a close relationship with a minor that ended after being accused of being a pedophile.

Neal being one of Eastern Vert's most prominent riders back in the day doesn't help either. Crazy that I can't find anything about BK Willard/Eastern Vert/iLevel by googling, as I know first hand that shit happened.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

links, pics, and quotes

« Reply #575 on: September 21, 2019, 02:16:45 PM »

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #576 on: September 23, 2019, 08:07:48 PM »
Expand Quote
was wondering about this myself. any updates?
[close]

julie lynn kindstrand nelson started a fundraising campaign last month to relocate to hawaii.

https://www.gofundme.com/relocating-julzlovespools

Expand Quote
Hello Everybody!

Hope everything’s going awesome for you all!!

I am reaching out because of recently relocating to the Island of Hawaii to find peace and get a normal job.

A girl friend purchased me a one way ticket to Hawaii as a gift to relocate somewhere I can find peace going through so much emotion.

I am so extremely grateful and thankful!

I am working towards my own room to rent for the month of May starting the first! I have been approved for a place!

Sleeping on the beach, behind the skatepark, and taking cold showers on top of my jobs been pretty brutal!

I am making it happen; one way or another! Hitch hiking, walking, busing it!

Even when I can barely stand because my feet are blistered, my muscles are cramped, and my hips feel out of place....

I am thankful for a chance to stand again building now for a future worthy of living!

I am working at a Mexican restaurant making it happen!

I love it out here!

Any help getting back on my feet while saving towards transportation and Julz Skateboards is appreciated beyond belief!

I am so thankful for opportunity to settle down and become a woman in my own place, with a real job, continuing to make skateboards for enjoyment!

Thank you for all the support over the years through out this gnarly journey of my life!

Skateboarding shows so much love and support; I would not be alive with out you all!

Sincerely, genuine, and true!

JLKN.
[close]

fongool

• Rep: 94
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #577 on: September 23, 2019, 08:39:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Neal being one of Eastern Vert's most prominent riders back in the day doesn't help either. Crazy that I can't find anything about BK Willard/Eastern Vert/iLevel by googling, as I know first hand that shit happened.

http://sexoffender.ncsbi.gov/details.aspx?SRN=010497S11

links, pics, and quotes

« Reply #578 on: September 23, 2019, 09:42:47 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/julielynnk/posts/2740864185948051

I would like to take a moment to say thank you; I am learning so much from this whole experience!

The first time going through something on such a level as this I was 15 years old and it affected earlier than I even consciously/subconsciously was aware of. In my younger years it was very difficult for me to keep emotional stability along with staying in the competitive ranks with other sexual abusers that I have kept my mouth closed about ensuring that I am handling each individual properly now that I am an adult.

The world is an extremely interesting place coming from a home where I was sheltered most of my childhood from being able to even know what was out there. I am now at a place where I’ve gone through enough therapy in the system and out on my own personal time to ensure that I have peace in my heart knowing that I am doing things the righteous way with my adult years.

It has been extremely difficult to get through what I have gone through and I don’t wish to keep going into major detail because of the letter that I wrote. I do feel my letter was written with a lot of emotion and pressure because of the timeframe that I felt I was on with the legal statute of limitations in the district attorneys office. As time has gone on with everything I have come to learn just how over my head “tsunami style” surfing this feels like! (HE>I)*

I reached out on go fund me to be able to afford a lawyer when I learned that the district attorney had connections with Mr. Hendrix and his associates saying there was no evidence and they never subpoenaed anything and evidence went missing when being passed from Detective to the district attorneys office. The way that it was handled by the investigator was very interesting to me so I chose to pursue a civil case to ensure the suspension of Mr. Neil Hendricks from the Olympics or any further skateboarding events/jobs within the industry in the future. Personally, I feel that should go for his associates also that are involved with the Woodward scandal in the gymnastic boys Penn State and all the other things like Sandusky.

These high level predators are everywhere in society nowadays on all levels and forms and I don’t try to bring attention to myself seeing that our world is so torn up by so many people & situations just like mine. I was given a lot of advice as to how to handle things and what to put out to the public to ensure that everything was clear and everybody knows the type of men Mr. Hendrix and his associates are.

I am not proud of my decision to pursue Mr. Hendrix sexual advances at the age of 13. I’m not boasting about the fact that the ENERGY alone has caused a lot of problems spiritually physically mentally and emotionally in the lives of many. I am not envious of anybody who may be keeping quiet out of fear because they have a living and life made for them in quite comfortable fashion. I am patient when it comes to major problems that are also in conjunction with world issues that of been the topics as of late on the news channels of all facets. I have done nothing but learn kindness through all of this and to have unconditional understanding with radical acceptance because of LOVE conquering always holding the victory!

I am not a easily angered person and I choose to act on things that I know have an effect on all of our futures. I have done my best to ensure that I am not self-seeking trying to gain any type of financial “come up” off of this other than keeping a guilty man guilty whether a court government office jurisdiction is so with the matter.

I had no clue the level of predator that I had been molested and raped of my innocence by in my youth or that his associates or 20 times gnarlier and involved with the sex trafficking problems that are going on in America today. It would not surprise learning that they have international ties with sex trafficking.

To my personal knowledge of everything that I have read that, evidence that has magically disappeared off my phone when turned off and illuminati type things that are conspiracy theories are all quite possible with these men and their “deep pockets.”

From freak accidents debts narcissistic tactics sociopathic abuse all forms of abuse grooming the whole 9 yards with these guys and it doesn’t stop un less we take a stand together and put an end to this!

I feel I have been battling this battle alone and I know I’m not the only one. I am reaching out one last time for anybody WHOM has possibly experienced any type of sexual misconduct with Neil Hendrix, Gary Reem, or any of the associates that work closely with him through vans shoes, Woodward, dew tour, vans park series, any of his sponsors, Or any level of association for that matter please have no fear and trust that the truth always sets itself free and there is protection in that alone.

I have been able to gain emotional stability for the most part by coming to Hawaii; finding a place where I might be able to live the rest of my life here on this planet. It has been extremely difficult with the many deaths one after the other from my grandfather to my foster father to a lover and very close friend all within less than one year.

I have felt like I have been at spiritual war my whole life and I have prepared for all the things that this world is going through with my experiences being able to translate and find parallels within my own shoes that enable me to be able to see somebody else’s perspective from their point of view and possibly take a walk in other shoes that maybe others might not.

I have found love for myself love for this land love for everything around me and love for even the deepest and darkest of places because of radical acceptance and unconditional understanding found with our higher power God because of His son Christ Jesus being alive with us still today and the price HE paid for all of this. I am safe trusting in my Heavenly Father as Protector with all of HIS angels my witnesses spiritually I am sound in the knowing of THE TRUTH because that’s what’s called of me wearing my spiritual armor daily on this battle of life I’ve lived since I was born even before exiting my mothers womb. God has always been, and will always be OUR REFUGE!

I am doing my best to be forgiving of myself and those who have transgressed against myself, my family, and so many others! I would like to keep no record record of wrongs just as Jesus does for us. I am not in Heaven yet though and this world is a gnarly place. I N’ I am thankful for warriors that fight for truth and protection/ safety of our future knowing just how serious one mistake in the bucket can be.

Sometimes we are given grace and are allowed to walk away from mistakes and other times some of us don’t come back when we make mistakes.

I will never sing for evil to hold power over anybody any living thing or God! I will sing all my days because I am thankful I am still here on this planet alive breathing knowing and showing that I am far from “Perfect” by any means as they say.

I will always protect, trust, and Hope! With perseverance, having faith over evil on the righteous battle for a future for all!

I may be undeserving of any type of financial help in regards to a lawyer or life working on the civil case that is still going and should soon be coming to some sort of conclusion or trial. (Solutions!)

In my meditation and prayer the spirit has spoken and touched my heart letting me know that the truth is going to keep coming out more and more people will reveal the true colors of this man and the people that he works with that have done harm to the children and families of this world and on this world!

I pray that God opens HIS windows (💦🔫✨⚡️) and pours out blessings for all in need of HIS LOVE!

With all sincerity in my heart!

JJLKN

BLESSINGS!

n0torious

• Rep: 153
« Reply #579 on: September 24, 2019, 04:00:32 AM »
Something from Leaving Neverland comes to mind. Michael Jackson defended himself by pointing to normal relationships he had with kids like Macaulay Culkin. This is a common technique for predators - hedges against the risk of your behavior because they won't be lying if they speak up on your behalf. The most likely victims are kids without support, isolated from adults likely to detect the abuse.

So, not saying either way, but Neil could've been a mentor to some kids and a monster to others. It happens.

PossiblyMaybe

• Rep: 0
« Reply #580 on: October 02, 2019, 01:15:12 AM »
This statement was sent by Neal Hendrix yesterday:

For my entire adult life I was living a dream. I was fortunate enough to travel the world as a professional skateboarder, and eventually working in the only world I knew; skateboarding. It never felt like work, it was a passion, and I respected the people that I worked with and cherished the many projects I worked on around the world.

At the end of last year I was falsely accused of impropriety. It would prove to be the biggest personal and professional challenge I have ever faced. At the time I made a personal decision not to make any statements to the press or on social media because I wanted the investigation to highlight the truth. The more time passed, the harder it was to remain silent. I believe in the laws of our country, I had belief in our system and I cooperated in all aspects of the inquiry.

Today, over 300 days since this nightmare began, I can say that every organization that has investigated the allegations against me has cleared me, the most recent being SafeSport which wrapped up their investigation last week. SafeSport is the independent organization set up by the United States Congress and the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee to investigate inappropriate behavior within sports in the Olympic movement.

The last few months have been by far the toughest of my entire life. With just one letter, my entire life was erased and replaced with something that wasn’t true. I am determined not to let this define me.

But more importantly, I hope this doesn’t dissuade people who have actually been victimized from coming forward. I wholeheartedly believe that women need to feel safe in our sport. There are people that will not only listen to you, but leave no stone unturned in ensuring that the truth comes out.

I appreciate the love and support from my family, friends, and colleagues that helped support me during this time and look forward to starting the next chapter of my life.

Neal Hendrix

Heather Chandler

« Reply #581 on: October 02, 2019, 02:56:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

As horrible as pedophiles are, I want to believe there is an even deeper place in hell for people that wear glasses with no lenses.

midnightsnack

• Rep: -57
« Reply #582 on: October 02, 2019, 05:47:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

As horrible as pedophiles are, I want to believe there is an even deeper place in hell for people that wear glasses with no lenses.
[close]

As someone who is so blind I can’t find my glasses without wearing my glasses, I’m deeply offended by this as well. The only uptick is there would be no protection for this dork when you go to poke him in the eyes.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #583 on: October 02, 2019, 05:51:55 AM »
you can find at least one dude at every park that outwardly, proudly fucks kids... like at least one if not a group of them
huge problem in skateboarding for some reason
rape too

Damn.  What parks are you going to?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2268
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #584 on: October 02, 2019, 05:56:00 AM »

She's not having it,but he'll most likely be let back in and it's lame as fuck.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #585 on: October 02, 2019, 10:11:08 AM »
Anyone else starting to suspect Safe Sport is just there to appear as a safeguard to reassure child athletes and their parents and is in fact just a highly visible cover-up operation to conceal the bone-deep rot within all organized sports?

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #586 on: October 02, 2019, 10:22:02 AM »
Anyone else starting to suspect Safe Sport is just there to appear as a safeguard to reassure child athletes and their parents and is in fact just a highly visible cover-up operation to conceal the bone-deep rot within all organized sports?

All orginazed anything from sports to religion, god damn boys scouts. It's all fucked. Better make sure you know the specific one your taking your kid to really well. You can't trust strangers who are put in a position of power over your kid while also trying to help them. Hell even adults get manipulated the same way every day.

It's safer to just give your kid a board and drop them of at a schools loading dock for fucks sake. They don't need some creepy YouTube assholes telling them how to ollie. They can figure it out.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #587 on: October 02, 2019, 10:41:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

All orginazed anything from sports to religion, god damn boys scouts. It's all fucked. Better make sure you know the specific one your taking your kid to really well. You can't trust strangers who are put in a position of power over your kid while also trying to help them. Hell even adults get manipulated the same way every day.

It's safer to just give your kid a board and drop them of at a schools loading dock for fucks sake. They don't need some creepy YouTube assholes telling them how to ollie. They can figure it out.

Dude, I know it, I have personal and professional experience with this kind of thing happening in church, school, scouts, you name it.  I'm more saying that Safe Sport seems like it was even originally conceived as a sham organization at this point.  What else is reasonable to believe?  From what I have heard Julez Lynn was the victim in a case involving another Woodward creep/known Hendrix associate that actually led to a conviction.  That, combined with the decades of rumors about Hendrix the creep that were undoubtedly not investigated, makes it seem like clearing Hendrix was probably the point of the "investigation" from the drop.  If that organization actually did/were allowed to do its job as stated it would basically destroy Woodward and the newly minted olympic skateboarding industrial complex it feeds in one go.  Skateboarding for sure has its own Larry Nassar and we won't even know about until there are so many victims they can't keep it quiet anymore. 

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #588 on: October 02, 2019, 02:04:14 PM »

She's not having it,but he'll most likely be let back in and it's lame as fuck.
whatever she yelled at the end made me bust out laughing.

cynical cow

• Rep: 27
« Reply #589 on: October 02, 2019, 02:34:42 PM »
He's only been "cleared" because all we have is her word...smart phones weren't big then when all this shit went down. If there had been.. there'd probably be other proof but according to her testimony he usually played dumb in texts.

We all know you did it.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3340
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #590 on: October 02, 2019, 03:23:39 PM »
Expand Quote
you can find at least one dude at every park that outwardly, proudly fucks kids... like at least one if not a group of them
rape too
[close]

Just don't go to the parks sponsored by NAMBLA. Problem solved.

Heather Chandler

« Reply #591 on: October 02, 2019, 04:10:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

As someone who is so blind I can’t find my glasses without wearing my glasses, I’m deeply offended by this as well. The only uptick is there would be no protection for this dork when you go to poke him in the eyes.
[close]

It is akin to the "bald asshole hate crime" episode on CYE.  This man is cultivating a look, and we do not consider him as part of our community.  I have dual reverence for each community, as I am a member of both. A bald, bespectacled man.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1342
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #592 on: October 02, 2019, 04:14:28 PM »
Shoutout to all the four-eyed baldies ya'll.

Neal Hendrix can take the train.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

n0torious

• Rep: 153
« Reply #593 on: October 03, 2019, 02:38:12 PM »

CHURCH. Safe Sport exists to protect institutions not athletes.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #594 on: October 03, 2019, 04:24:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

It is akin to the "bald asshole hate crime" episode on CYE.  This man is cultivating a look, and we do not consider him as part of our community.  I have dual reverence for each community, as I am a member of both. A bald, bespectacled man.

[close]
Those frames don't even work for his face. Goddamn poser.

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #595 on: October 03, 2019, 04:50:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Those frames don't even work for his face. Goddamn poser.
[close]
Maybe he thought it would distract from his head and face, like "those glasses look awkward" is an improvement on "this dudes head looks like a diseased chode"
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

LiterallyRyan

• Rep: -19
« Reply #596 on: October 03, 2019, 06:50:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
rape too
[close]

[close]

Just don't go to the parks sponsored by NAMBLA. Problem solved.

What a great way to give back to your local skateboarding scene, join NAMBLA and help them sponsor parks guys.

Hastings

• Rep: 38
« Reply #597 on: October 03, 2019, 09:48:43 PM »

This reissue in 2016 never materialized (at least I don't think so)

Now was this because there was a reboot of TND planned or did people realize there was something shady about the dude.

I so wanted this board to be reissued but fuck that now.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 09:53:33 PM by Hastings »

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #598 on: October 05, 2019, 12:33:34 AM »

Soft Boiled

• Rep: 21
« Reply #599 on: October 05, 2019, 12:42:57 AM »
Most skateboarders are liberals, who rarely vote, and tend to give women the benefit of doubt when it comes to these issues. What about his accuser? Has she made a recent statement?