Author Topic: Active Rideshop To Drop Nike January 2014  (Read 17201 times)

J.R.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -38
Re: Active Rideshop To Drop Nike January 2014
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2013, 07:22:54 PM »
i bet nike actually dropped them

It's either this, or they couldn't move enough of the other shoes they needed to carry in order to sell the ones everyone wants. It's funny that they had no problem not giving a fuck about 'core' and 'indie' bullshit until they couldn't push the corporate brand's back stock.

J.R.

• Rep: -38
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2013, 08:08:50 PM »
Expand Quote
i bet nike actually dropped them
[close]

It's either this, or they couldn't move enough of the other shoes they needed to carry in order to sell the ones everyone wants. It's funny that they had no problem not giving a fuck about 'core' and 'indie' bullshit until they couldn't push the corporate brand's back stock. Everyone wants to bitch and complain now because the it isn't like how things used to be when Nike came back out in '02 and every dunk and the vast majority of team shoes actually sold. I can see why though, many of the team models are generic now and the Dunk colorways are nowhere as stimulating as they were when they were originally put out. Even shoes like the E-Cue, URL, Angus, FC, etc. all sold relatively well compared to what's out now. Maybe they should have just picked the basic plan where they could cherry pick the basic Janoski's that everyone buys. I see shops that do just fine on all that, even if they have to slash a price once and drop it to the first sale price point they end up making good since the mark up is high.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2016, 12:45:01 PM »
 ::)

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2016, 12:57:52 PM »
I was waiting for someone to post this up. Kind of a strange tactic to say the least. It's like they are doing this to help in their sales at the brick and mortar shops. Give it a couple and they will also be sold online as well.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2016, 05:04:45 PM »
i thought it was something about how nike wants their own online store to be the only major online retailer that carries sb? maybe that was a rumour tho idk
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2016, 06:05:18 PM »
Grimming
Backing off from a prearranged 50/50 gamble, a "flip", in an unfair way upon realizing that your chance of winning the flip is below 50%.

I hope the big heads at SB get AIDS and die

glutton.

« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2016, 10:47:15 PM »
Unless Nike offered Active cheaper prices, a shitload of customers must have annoyed the fuck out of mployees by asking for SBs.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2018, 11:14:21 AM »
Bumping this cause I just noticed active is selling Sbs again. That lasted a good while though. Guess es didn’t make up for the loss of Nike like they thought it would. Wonder when this started back up as there weren’t Nike’s in active when I went earlier this year, plenty of cons though.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2018, 04:16:31 PM »
I think Nike wants to only sell their product at Nike stores and they'll slowly take away their products from skateshops by putting minimum orders and such.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2018, 04:24:38 PM »
Bumping this cause I just noticed active is selling Sbs again. That lasted a good while though. Guess es didn’t make up for the loss of Nike like they thought it would. Wonder when this started back up as there weren’t Nike’s in active when I went earlier this year, plenty of cons though.
who gives a shit?
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

ManMelt

« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2018, 01:29:36 AM »
Remember back in the day when places like Footlocker would measure your foot with that little metal sizing apparatus, then actually put the shoe on your foot for you and lace it up, then tell you to walk around the store to see how they fit? Nowadays shoe store employees just hand you the box and go back to checking social media on their phones. If Active still sized me, put the shoe on my foot, laced them up, and told me to walk around, I’d buy a pair of Nike Air Choads from them.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2018, 02:41:14 AM »

Get there b

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • Free Max B
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2018, 05:14:40 AM »
Remember back in the day when places like Footlocker would measure your foot with that little metal sizing apparatus, then actually put the shoe on your foot for you and lace it up, then tell you to walk around the store to see how they fit? Nowadays shoe store employees just hand you the box and go back to checking social media on their phones. If Active still sized me, put the shoe on my foot, laced them up, and told me to walk around, I’d buy a pair of Nike Air Choads from them.
Haha are you 12? Any adult that needs another adult to measure their feet, tie their shoes, and remind them to try them on before buying (excluding anyone physically or mentally handicapped) is fucked for life. Especially at a skateshop. Worse than being an adult and asking someone else to grip your board.

Really great thread btw def needed a bump good work.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

ManMelt

« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2018, 06:37:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Haha are you 12? Any adult that needs another adult to measure their feet, tie their shoes, and remind them to try them on before buying (excluding anyone physically or mentally handicapped) is fucked for life. Especially at a skateshop. Worse than being an adult and asking someone else to grip your board.

Really great thread btw def needed a bump good work.

Free max b

It was a joke dude, and here I thought you were quick

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2018, 06:53:39 AM »
Expand Quote
i don t skate them but i gotta say these days nike s had the best quality for the last couple of years.

companies fell behind in that aspect cause they once were up to par. i still have a lot of emericas and es from the late 90s and early 2000s and have to say that sole tech s product is nowhere near where it was back then. a lot of my friends are like- why should i get a pair of these that last half the time, then them nikes? i can t blame them.

i believe nike s success also has its roots in maintaining good quality while others cut back. regarding actives move i find it a good thing. they re big enough to make a statement. coincidently a lot of realer shoe brands are finally getting back to using better materials. who knows maybe the timing s right and we ll see the nike bubble burst in a couple of years.
[close]
is this post from 2007?

i know right?!!! To write such a large paragraph with not on single word of new information. There isn't one skateboarder on earth who doesn't 105% of everything he wrote, even in Skatestan they know this info...Where will Austyn end up? that sir is the question at hand

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2018, 09:31:53 AM »
Funny to see this thread bumped, because outside of this circumstance I’ve heard multiple things saying that all the big brands are gonna pull out of shops, but to my knowledge that hasn’t happened yet? I still see gratuitous Nike, Cons, and Adidas shoes at most shops.