Author Topic: Shaun White called out by Special Olympic Community  (Read 32272 times)

slappies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Shaun White called out by Special Olympic Community
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2018, 07:16:01 AM »
how is stand up comedy even still at thing at this point?

I can tell you from experience a lot of comics are really taking a stand (or at least thing they're taking a stand) against PC culture, to the point of no longer being funny. Just offensive for the sake of offensive, I watched one comic do a 5 minute "bit" about why forced female circumcision is okay because "women are whores". The more push back there is, the more certain comics will go out of there way to be defiant or some shit. I know there are at least 1 or 2 other PALS here involved in stand-up who can attest to this. It's just as annoying to watch as the recreational outrage of some people.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

calvinsdream

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2018, 07:29:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I can tell you from experience a lot of comics are really taking a stand (or at least thing they're taking a stand) against PC culture, to the point of no longer being funny. Just offensive for the sake of offensive, I watched one comic do a 5 minute "bit" about why forced female circumcision is okay because "women are whores". The more push back there is, the more certain comics will go out of there way to be defiant or some shit. I know there are at least 1 or 2 other PALS here involved in stand-up who can attest to this. It's just as annoying to watch as the recreational outrage of some people.

A group of stand up comics taking a stand against PC culture is more poosey than any left wing crying hole safe space.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2018, 07:37:51 AM »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2018, 07:38:35 AM »
  I wonder this as well but only cause stand up comedy sucks ass.  1% of it is okay.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2018, 07:44:14 AM »
What's worse, someone getting offended by something possibly offensive or someone online getting offended that someone got offended by something possibly offensive?

Or someone getting offended not by the original possibly offensive thing, but rather by someone online getting offended that someone got offended by something possibly offensive?
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Get the strap

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2018, 08:20:22 AM »
Some of you are being huge hypocrites being upset at other people being upset, just shut the fuck up. So you're saying it's perfectly ok to mock disabled people during Halloween? But any other day of the year it's inappropriate? Or is it ok to do all the time? Typical right wing bullshit, "I said this but I meant this...."Say what the fuck you mean the first time around which is you HATE disabled people. The ignorance and intolerance is scary.

boxlogo

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2018, 08:22:18 AM »
Stupid ass jack

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2018, 08:23:15 AM »
Some of you are being huge hypocrites being upset at other people being upset, just shut the fuck up. So you're saying it's perfectly ok to mock disabled people during Halloween? But any other day of the year it's inappropriate? Or is it ok to do all the time? Typical right wing bullshit, "I said this but I meant this...."Say what the fuck you mean the first time around which is you HATE disabled people. The ignorance and intolerance is scary.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2018, 09:07:21 AM »
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2018, 09:48:16 AM »
A cunt is a cunt.  Some of you guys are cunts.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2018, 09:52:10 AM »
im definitely more regular than i am cunty
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2018, 09:58:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
"ha I'm a person, for a night ha.'
[close]
*Serious question - do 'cognitively disabled' individuals possess knowledge of self, especially to the point of understanding ridicule?

* I fully realize this ain't the point just kinda always wondered.
[close]
Yes, dude.

One of my younger High school skate homies sister had a form of down syndrome and she was fully conscious of it, once she got used to me hanging around she got cool, but she'd always hid her face and her their dad was a complete dick to her too...My homey would full on rage and whoop on people who made fun of her or the disability 

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 613
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2018, 10:00:43 AM »
people who get pissed about celebrities wearing thrasher shirts being unable to sympathize with a maligned and outcasted group feeling mocked is fucking fascinating irony

Seriously.

This thread is embarrassing.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 425
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2018, 10:08:46 AM »
To the people saying everyone's so easily offended by everything, if someone dressed up as a person with a facial deformity and you had a child with the same condition, you don't think that would hurt if you saw that? That's like the same shit when Tim Oconnor made fun of kids with a cleft lip and Kenny Anderson called him out because his kid has that.

I think there's an incredible amount of useless outrage in the world right now, but if you can't see why this would upset some people, you're an idiot.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2018, 10:13:12 AM »
To the people saying everyone's so easily offended by everything, if someone dressed up as a person with a facial deformity and you had a child with the same condition, you don't think that would hurt if you saw that? That's like the same shit when Tim Oconnor made fun of kids with a cleft lip and Kenny Anderson called him out because his kid has that.

I think there's an incredible amount of useless outrage in the world right now, but if you can't see why this would upset some people, you're an idiot.

Megyn Kelly a recent clear example of such people

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2018, 10:15:00 AM »
Really thankful that this guy represents snowboarding and not skateboarding.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2018, 10:19:00 AM »
Expand Quote
imagine what sort of boring ass life you have to live to be offended by a fuckin halloween costume.
[close]

Imagine the kind of boring person that's wearing a halloween costume in the first place.
I once saw Shaun white eating alone in the corner of a ramen place next my house . Facing the window too. Bentley outside and everything. I’ve never laughed so hard.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2018, 10:19:21 AM »

I saw this chick on the bus she was 18 I'd say and had a major cleft lip.  The thing about her that I found inspiring was that you could tell she KNEW she was hot.  I remember thinking "fuck yah gf -you go"

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2018, 10:29:28 AM »
I'd rather talk about how Shaun White has no chance at competing against the latest crop of bowl/park destroyers. Did anyone see that latest Vans park series final? He will get fully embarrassed.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2018, 11:37:01 AM »
You ma-make me haapppy

Uknowmyinsta

• Rep: -363
  • Your brain has no facts.
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2018, 11:51:20 AM »

You can get yours here, or send them hate mail.
https://carboncostume.com/simple-jack/

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 11:59:35 AM by Uknowmyinsta »

8thproxy

• Rep: -11
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2018, 11:53:55 AM »
Retards will always be retarted and do funny things you cant stop retardation through anger only through gene editing.

Mr. Fink

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2018, 11:58:11 AM »

It’s Halloween! It’s supposed to be a lil spooky!

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2018, 12:33:22 PM »
Really the craziest thing is that he was seemingly able to just slide past those super creepy sexual harassment allegations.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2018, 12:51:36 PM »
Retards will always be retarted and do funny things you cant stop retardation through anger only through gene editing.
  Well that's how people feel.  Today most regular people get aborted.  They'll be super rare.  Sign of the times.  Crazy world.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2018, 12:56:58 PM »
Complaining about people being "too pc" is such a cop out for people who stopped thinking about things critically after high school. And that goes double for comedians.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2018, 01:11:17 PM »

2018: if you find this funny you're intolerant.

Thanos916

• Rep: 25
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2018, 01:43:42 PM »
Expand Quote
imagine what sort of boring ass life you have to live to be offended by a fuckin halloween costume.
[close]

i doubt a lot of people are really offended, but want others to believe they're offended...it's some sort of social status currency for some people.
Virtue signalling is hot right now! Buy! Buy! Buy!

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2018, 02:17:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

i doubt a lot of people are really offended, but want others to believe they're offended...it's some sort of social status currency for some people.
[close]

This^

Yeah, I'm sure the senior director of global youth engagement at Special Olympics is looking for some clout from this you fucking idiots

opinionated bastard

• Rep: -179
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2018, 02:45:37 PM »

thoughts on blackface?