Author Topic: Hey Krux - WTF?  (Read 11438 times)

backinaction

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
Hey Krux - WTF?
« on: November 01, 2018, 10:54:31 AM »
I don't think a skate product has bugged me as much as this.  I happened upon one of his videos a year ago and had to wash my eyes with acid.

How... the... fuck... does he get a truck?

It really is hard for me to think less of Krux - I have ridden them and they truly are horrible - but this does it.

It really does make me miss the time before people had signature trucks.   Give me an unpainted truck with maybe an anodized baseplate.  Maybe. 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 12:01:04 PM by backinaction »

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
Re: Hey Krux - WTF?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 10:56:39 AM »
1) You didn't need to make this thread
2) Krux were great trucks in my experience (I know I'm in the minority)
3) You really didn't need to make this thread

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

bo golden

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 10:57:38 AM »
fuck Krux, and I gotta say that's the best GIF ive seen in a while!

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 10:59:35 AM »
Who the fuck is Garrett?
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 11:00:59 AM »
Who the fuck is Garrett?

Don't do it... walk away...

Garrett Ginner.  YouTube asshole that makes you want to punch him in every video.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 11:01:18 AM »

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 11:03:39 AM »
well to be fair krux dosnt exactly have a following like thunder and indy and they want to make money and sell krux to childrens. So they put youtube man on a truck and badabing badaboom you have it

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1376
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 11:07:59 AM »
Eh, who cares. If they're trying to appeal to that demographic, let them. I'll keep watching Sabotage 5.

cloudy

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 11:23:49 AM »
hypothetical scenario: you can only pick one of the following two sets of trucks to ride for the rest of your life. which do you choose?

Yu Dum

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2018, 11:29:34 AM »
I’d skate Venture before Krux. Krux are the equivalent of buying a new hat, letting someone take a wet shit in said hat, then wearing it again like nothing happened.

Also, YouTube skaters deserve castration.

rothdigga

• Rep: 574
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2018, 11:47:22 AM »
I can't be the only one who was reading this thread and thought "Garrett Hill got a pro truck"? 

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 11:54:11 AM »
I'll take Krux over Ventures any day. Every set of Ventures I've ever owned broke along the baseplate or where the hanger meets the baseplate. I've had like 4 pairs and they have all done this. Krux skate fine. You just have to get used to looking at the stupid hole in the hanger. I would never pay for them though. Royals are hot garbage all around. Crooked hangers, loose kingpins, and slipped axles. Hot garbage.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

emchen

• Rep: 20
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2018, 11:58:14 AM »
I kinda wish I skated a different truck, but I've gotten too accustomed to Krux's and their horrible turning radius yet sloppy looseness. Hey at least the Krux hole doubles as a bottle opener, right?

The real tragedy here is that I can't drink alcohol

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2018, 12:06:13 PM »
  I had them when they made a 8.75.  I'd say I preferred them to Indy's or probably ace too. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 12:13:40 PM »
I can't be the only one who was reading this thread and thought "Garrett Hill got a pro truck"?

Likewise.

And I ride krux, love em

do-a-kickflip-mate

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 12:14:55 PM »

Yeah I had a pair in some sexy baby blue and I thought they were awesome lasted longer than any other trucks I had too.

Octobre Rouge.

• Rep: -2
  • Black metal and ledge skating
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2018, 12:17:38 PM »
Used to like Krux, then the axle bent.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 12:30:01 PM »
I bought a pair of Krux 8.5s.  A guy I skate with said they were pretty good (coming of Indy), I had heard good things about their bushings, and they were around $13 for the pair - shipped (Daddies blowout a couple months ago.)

I put them on a setup and kick flipped in the garage - bushing blowout.  Huh. Put it back in and tighten... do a carve on the garage mini and - bushing blowout.  Third time was a charm so in went some Mini Logo medium bushings (what I had on the workbench).  No blowout.  Took the setup to the skatepark and almost ate it a couple times because they didn't turn.  Not because I didn't have them loose enough - they just didn't turn.  Took them off and relegated them to a transportation board.

I'd rather skate the Royals because they at least turn (I have a set of 8" that SkateWarehouse blew out for $10). 

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 12:37:42 PM »
I bought a pair of Krux 8.5s.  A guy I skate with said they were pretty good (coming of Indy), I had heard good things about their bushings, and they were around $13 for the pair - shipped (Daddies blowout a couple months ago.)

I put them on a setup and kick flipped in the garage - bushing blowout.  Huh. Put it back in and tighten... do a carve on the garage mini and - bushing blowout.  Third time was a charm so in went some Mini Logo medium bushings (what I had on the workbench).  No blowout.  Took the setup to the skatepark and almost ate it a couple times because they didn't turn.  Not because I didn't have them loose enough - they just didn't turn.  Took them off and relegated them to a transportation board.

I'd rather skate the Royals because they at least turn (I have a set of 8" that SkateWarehouse blew out for $10).

im calling bullshit on this. there is no way you were able to carve on those trucks.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2018, 01:48:01 PM »
...Gary Glitter?

curbdrop

• Rep: 3
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2018, 02:10:32 PM »

Revive on Krux

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 02:45:33 PM »

Revive on Krux

The first 1min of that video was actually interesting. That he had a truck sponsor. That it was Orion, that Orion was still a business, that max dufor ran it, that the revive warehouse/office is bigger than I thought... I even liked him making fun of other YouTubedr with the fake “I’m bummed” thing

Then it completely went to shit once he did kickflip and I couldn’t watch him do whatever in that office.

Anyway, a lot of the larger brands have a toe in the YouTube, Instagram internet famous dudes. They just don’t advertise it.

Also, garret had a different truck like 2 years ago and there was a thread about it. I think they released it without his name on it though.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 03:04:20 PM »
Expand Quote

Revive on Krux
[close]

The first 1min of that video was actually interesting. That he had a truck sponsor. That it was Orion, that Orion was still a business, that max dufor ran it, that the revive warehouse/office is bigger than I thought... I even liked him making fun of other YouTubedr with the fake “I’m bummed” thing

Then it completely went to shit once he did kickflip and I couldn’t watch him do whatever in that office.

Anyway, a lot of the larger brands have a toe in the YouTube, Instagram internet famous dudes. They just don’t advertise it.

Also, garret had a different truck like 2 years ago and there was a thread about it. I think they released it without his name on it though.

that was unbearable.. how the fuck did he have a truck sponsor in the first place? That kickflip was criminally bad

ThaStampede

• Rep: 0
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2018, 08:37:49 PM »

Revive on Krux

I couldn't finish the video because I just can't stand that guy as a person. That part about Orion was interesting but I have no idea how people can watch more than one video of these guys. Unboxing a Coheed and Cambria album? What does that have to do with skating? Everyone is trying to make a dollar, but how can enough people watch this and actually subscribe? Skate youtube is a land I do not care to be apart of.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2018, 08:51:11 PM »
I had a pair for two years switched to indys now though

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2018, 09:34:21 PM »
Indy’s or thunders...or even ace. Everything else is wack

squintharder

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2018, 09:43:13 PM »
[/quote

this is slap of course this doesn't NEED to be posted here. but here it is anyway

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2018, 01:38:28 AM »
Indy’s or thunders...or even ace. Everything else is wack

I disagree, Theeve are the best trucks i have ever skated by a mile

darwin

• Rep: -8
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2018, 02:05:57 AM »
guy can actually skate. watched his 2015 street part he has on youtube and he did some pretty fucked stuff in there, and some of that was 3+ years ago so one can only assume he's better now considering he hasn't stopped skateboarding... don't get why the fact that since someone is a youtuber suddenly means they don't deserve to have their name associated with a brand when their skating clearly can back up the fact that they deserve it.

here's the 2015 part for anyone who actually wants to watch it
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 02:08:24 AM by darwin »

Shuh

• Rep: 4
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2018, 02:42:51 AM »
Alot of new skaters are skating krux because of Nora the explorer, I blame truck companies for being too slow In reallizing markatble potential of these female pros. Leticia or Lacey should have their own signature trucks