Author Topic: Which skathletes are going to be competing in the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics?  (Read 10502 times)

cosmicgypsies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
for some reason i feel like that fuckwad alex decunha will rep britain and do nothing but benihana late shuvs

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
Will Smith’s kid, Jayden.

appreciate the parental context haha

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
not neal hendrix.

crustynosepick

• Rep: -56
for some reason i feel like that fuckwad alex decunha will rep britain and do nothing but benihana late shuvs

I second this. The UK has never really had a proper contest circuit, so there aren't many skaters that will be able to compete at this high of a level. It's actually going to be laughable how bad the team will be.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
I hope they make an absolute disgrace of skateboarding. Like DUIs, drug possession, vandalism, showing up late as fuck, vomit on the course, forgot to bring a skateboard... I'd watch that.

CarbonaNotWax

• Rep: -10
Sky Siljeg has at the very least, posted his acceptance letter to participate in the qualifying events and some clips from the US Olympic Skateboarding meetings. So, him.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Russia - Maxim Kruglov

Gosha Konyshev is the best skater in Russia, but his style won't translate some rigid Street League scoring bullshit.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

do-a-kickflip-mate

England Blondie McCoy

well that's us not winning shit.

Eds_gallerist

Most skaters are from USA if it's only one skater representing the country I think it could be
USA         Nyjah
Brazil       Luan
Australia  Shane O neil
Japan      Yuto
Canada    Decenzo
Colombia David Gonzalez
Germany Willow

Lol

moneen

• Rep: -41
my gb skate team would be:

harry lintell
joe hinson
div adams
kris vile
james bush
alex hallford
j thax
charlie munro

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
i talked to the norwegian tm, and apparently each country can have as big of a team as they'd like, but in order to actually qualify for the olympic events you need to place high enough in certain "olympic approved" contests. so basically if all you can do is drop in and do kickturns, you won't be representing your country in the olympic events because you haven't actually qualified for it.

but apparently some national contests count, so there will be some people that aren't good in the events.

it's going to absolutely suck.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
Pedro Barros just won the first Olympic qualifying event and proceeded to give the crowd and judges the middle finger. Haha

slobplant

• Rep: -12
Pedro Barros just won the first Olympic qualifying event and proceeded to give the crowd and judges the middle finger. Haha

Where did you see this? I looked on youtube but if it was today it will hopefully be up soon

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
Expand Quote
[close]

I second this. The UK has never really had a proper contest circuit, so there aren't many skaters that will be able to compete at this high of a level. It's actually going to be laughable how bad the team will be.

ever been to the war of the thistles events?
Darryl Dominguez, Div Adam, Benson and Kris Vile could all do really fuckin well if they wanted too.
Theres a bunch of park rippers up here in Scotland, like an inordinate amount for such a small country. Cant Imagine any of them being too keen on the Olympics though..

clintendo

• Rep: 24
Australia - Shane O'neil Tommy Fynn... Apparently

CarbonaNotWax

• Rep: -10
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

ever been to the war of the thistles events?
Darryl Dominguez, Div Adam, Benson and Kris Vile could all do really fuckin well if they wanted too.
Theres a bunch of park rippers up here in Scotland, like an inordinate amount for such a small country. Cant Imagine any of them being too keen on the Olympics though..

“Jake Snelling”

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
Expand Quote
Most skaters are from USA if it's only one skater representing the country I think it could be
USA         Nyjah
Brazil       Luan
Australia  Shane O neil
Japan      Yuto
Canada    Decenzo
Colombia David Gonzalez
Germany Willow
[close]

Lol

It will probably be Alex Mizurov or Jost Arens those are the two that usually win the national contests. I don't think Willow has ever skated a contest...

There aren't really any good bowl skaters in Germany though, since they have only in recent years started building decent bowls here.

team Germany recently went to Woodward for a training camp with their national head coach Jürgen Horrwarth to train for the Olympics. They postet a video on youtube. It is as bad as it sounds.

Smithy

• Rep: 1
  • SmithySmitherson
I wonder who's going to famously stop doing drugs because they want to compete?

Smithy

• Rep: 1
  • SmithySmitherson
Actually, I don't give a shit. Who cares.

CoMpLeMeNts4U

Actually, I don't give a shit. Who cares.
BOOM ROASTED! Nice one smithy you're on top of it.

FakieNollie

I read somewhere that Australia already gave Shane medal incentive.

What country is Sewa from?

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
tommy fynn is not australian

artskool

• Rep: 31
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Nyjah blows out knee in training, Ishod shows up late and misses finals, Shane o'neill is DQ'd for not being able to prove himself 100% human, and Austyn comes out of nowhere to win street gold. Then DQ'd for not wearing uniform properly. Oski wins park.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
Expand Quote
[close]

Ummm Klay Kreiner could easily win park if he has a good day.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

clintendo

Expand Quote
[close]

I read somewhere that Australia already gave Shane medal incentive.

Medal-ling Money can be used to "encourage" people to represent a country where they have citizenship, I believe Shane has now got citizenship in the US, so they offered him the money to compete for Australia, however he can (and apparently has) turn it down at any time.
As for Tommy, he has a trio, South Africa, New Zealand & Australia, but again according to inside sources he and Brad Saunders are tipped to be "Team Australia" for street unless anything else changes over the next year.

I'll also mention for those commenting on how a lot of countries don't have pro skateboarders of the caliber we see and know through skateboarding competition, not every country is guaranteed to have a rider in these comps, it still goes on world rankings from official events (VPS & Street League), yet their will be maximum amounts each country will have so it may filter down the ranks a bit as the countries meet their quota's, but not far enough that johnny kick-turn ends up against Nyjah or Pedro.

Only the host country is guaranteed 1 spot for the competition
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 04:36:28 AM by clintendo »

Ghost Face

• Rep: 108

Tommy was born in South Africa so if Oz falls through he could still flip his passport over and still compete.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

clintendo

Expand Quote
[close]

Tommy was born in South Africa so if Oz falls through he could still flip his passport over and still compete.

Correct, the best part is if that was the case, Australian skateboarding would still back him 100% either way as well, dude deserves it!

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
UK super team

Rowley
Raemers
Barney page
Stu Graham
Rattray
Horsey
Danny Brady
Nick jensen
Penny

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

no life

• Rep: -31
UK super team

Rowley
Raemers
Barney page
Stu Graham
Rattray
Horsey
Danny Brady
Nick jensen