Author Topic: Evan Smith  (Read 19835 times)

Googan Christmas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
Re: Evan Smith
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2018, 08:41:38 AM »
Saying he makes good use of psychedelics is just dumb.  He's a hippy who likes to take hippy drugs.  This doesn't make him a better skater

Do they also have no effect in creating music and art? Let us know what else they can’t do!

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2018, 10:47:04 AM »
I hated when he was making music for his own parts and stuff but don't mind him so much in the phase he is in now, seems like he's only getting better... I met him once, the element team was eating at the restaurant I was working at, I came out to bus their table and was kinda like woah because Donny barley was there. But then I was like where's Bam? Where's the Muska!? And Evan was the only one who thought it was funny and he was like please come to the demo tomorrow I wanna skate with you but then I didn't because I worked till 7am
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 11:23:05 AM by CrappyChan »
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2018, 12:27:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Saying he makes good use of psychedelics is just dumb.  He's a hippy who likes to take hippy drugs.  This doesn't make him a better skater

Do they also have no effect in creating music and art? Let us know what else they can’t do!
[close]

sometimes psychedelics makes you see thing in another ways, and be a better skater\artist, you cant deny that.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 01:22:41 PM by UserFame »
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2018, 12:32:11 PM »
He looks like one of my ex girlfriends and I have issues surrounding that

Brguy

« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2018, 01:19:00 PM »
Expand Quote
I never met the guy, but a lot of you guys nailed exactly what I wanted to say. Weird hippy vibe. Kind of pretentious, but I never met the guy so it could just be the look on his face. Like bro, most of us and even older people in the 70s have tried psychedelics. We've seen all the perspectives and hallucinations, so don't act like you had this great awakening and know more than other people. But, being a pro skater has got to make your head pretty huge. Especially for the pro's who never struggled in the real world.
[close]
 "Never strugled in the real world"?  Wtf?!  In the real world you can break bones and get paralyzed.  That's what he is risking for money to live.  Your just being a hater.  There's no difference between you and him so if you want a break from the 'real world' - just hop on some handrails.   They're the lap of luxury.  (PS yes I agree with the skate world his style is iffy and his whole head/face/hair sucks.  Oh well)

Isn't this a skate message board? I'm sure most people here do this regularly just because they like it.

Tortoise

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2018, 06:06:47 PM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2018, 06:17:01 PM »
I mean we've all tongue punched the gnar button before right? Let the man eat dog poop, at least he didn't abuse the dog, torture a lobster or shoot mountain lions in the head ;)

seriously though, he's pretty much just like a one of those gifted and talented students that attends a Steiner school; if you look at him in that light he's not so bad. Sure, I could only handle him in small doses but his ability on the board is absolutely fucked!!!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2018, 07:09:51 PM »
What part was is where he skated to the “drowning Clowns”?

I just remember a terrible bass line and the words “life exists” to start the song. Was that evan singing?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2018, 07:17:57 PM »
A thread about Evan eating shit has reminded me of the other strange/disgusting things (in)famous skaters have done.

I know a pro who has sucked his own dick. Another couple of dudes who have drank their own piss (if not each others' piss). The Wet Boys used to jerk off on to a stuffed bear (that poor bear and I will never unsee that footage).

But none of this compares to the crew out of PHX that ate (each others'?) vomit. (The pirate trailer is out there somewhere.)

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2018, 07:35:50 PM »
He's an evolutionary step imo, but has yet to put out a truly timeless part. I hope he finds the right person to work with at some point, i can't see it happening via his bigger corpo sponsors. It would have to be a tws video part or some other indie passion project.

ungzilla

« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2018, 07:53:27 PM »
What part was is where he skated to the “drowning Clowns”?

like fuckin all of them

suprisebuttsex

• Rep: -7
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2018, 05:12:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Awesome thread
[close]
This witty and sarcastic take on this thread is a really great addition. Tasteful use of sarcasm forsure, I really like what youre doing here. I enjoyed your comment and I like your avatar too!
Thanks dude!

shingles

• Rep: -61
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2018, 05:13:37 AM »
He looks like one of my ex girlfriends and I have issues surrounding that

weird taste...
support your local ramp-tramp

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2018, 05:55:20 AM »
Oh so if Divine eats dogs shit straight from the ass it's art, but if Evan Smith does it now it's gross?  Y'all are hypocrites!
do more yoga!

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2018, 06:01:43 AM »
when he was recently on the 9 club at one point he was attempting to portray himself as if he had a in-depth knowledge of the side effects of traveling at light speed and knew about some 300 IQ einstein shit. it came of as pretentious as hell and it was obvious it was something he only had an extremely surface level understanding of, like maybe he read a single page article about the subject. its cool if he wants to be mr. positivity and completely free spirited, but at times he really over does it and it really looks in-genuine like someone putting on a show for others. all that stuff aside his skating is entertaining to watch, his trick selection can be pretty unique.

He is putting on a show. He's on camera. Even people who are in front of a camera all the time, and say they're comfortable in front of one, still act fake with a camera on them because it's fucking weird to have a camera on you.
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2018, 06:42:22 AM »
He's an evolutionary step imo, but has yet to put out a truly timeless part. I hope he finds the right person to work with at some point, i can't see it happening via his bigger corpo sponsors. It would have to be a tws video part or some other indie passion project.

yep, i dont think hes released a part that shows quite how good he is. i think he kinda needs a guide to tell him what tricks to do that arent corny or something. i dont quite know how to explain it

he seems like the type of guy that thinks he's superior to bros even though he is one with different interests. i get the cringe thinking about that KOTR episode where they perform a good deed by skating with that local kid. it just seemed like he felt so good about himself for allowing a kid to skate with their elite squad(i guess they hooked up a ride to the spot and fresh setup, but again isnt that more element corp. hooking it up than it is evan smith?). it was particularly bad when he gave the kid his totoro onezie. i dont think the kid gave a shit at all

Zumiez And Xanax

« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2018, 04:45:28 PM »
if he were more open about wanting SOTY i'd back him.. seems like a nice guy.

Zumiez And Xanax

« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2018, 04:47:55 PM »
can a soul skater chase trophies?

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2018, 05:15:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I never met the guy, but a lot of you guys nailed exactly what I wanted to say. Weird hippy vibe. Kind of pretentious, but I never met the guy so it could just be the look on his face. Like bro, most of us and even older people in the 70s have tried psychedelics. We've seen all the perspectives and hallucinations, so don't act like you had this great awakening and know more than other people. But, being a pro skater has got to make your head pretty huge. Especially for the pro's who never struggled in the real world.
[close]
 "Never strugled in the real world"?  Wtf?!  In the real world you can break bones and get paralyzed.  That's what he is risking for money to live.  Your just being a hater.  There's no difference between you and him so if you want a break from the 'real world' - just hop on some handrails.   They're the lap of luxury.  (PS yes I agree with the skate world his style is iffy and his whole head/face/hair sucks.  Oh well)
[close]
Such a dumb comment. A roofer is a hard job. Being a pro-skater is fun. Change my mind. I skateboard, but just not as good as him. But if someone wants to pay me big, have a lot fame, and give me stuff for being sponsored than I'll take it.  He skates good. The forum is about how I feel about him. I gave my opinion. I guess anyone who doesn't think is a god is a hater. lol. Get a life.

Whats with you and this change my mind shit, no one gives a fuck about your opinion.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2018, 05:31:39 PM »
perfect fit for element. whether thats a compliment or insult is up to you.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2018, 05:38:53 PM »
Remember when he was on Listen
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

no life

• Rep: -31
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2018, 05:49:31 PM »
evan smith is just nyjah but on psychedelics instead of coke

FLstrange

• Rep: 324
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2018, 07:30:57 PM »
He is putting on a show. He's on camera. Even people who are in front of a camera all the time, and say they're comfortable in front of one, still act fake with a camera on them because it's fucking weird to have a camera on you.

obviously the presence of a camera filming you makes most people act less comfortable/natural. the point is that most people dont seem like theyre putting on a total persona or character for it.

CoMpLeMeNts4U

« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2018, 11:40:54 PM »
Oooh this was a deep take, has some layers to it. Really great comment you must have a really cool personality.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2018, 06:11:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Oooh this was a deep take, has some layers to it. Really great comment you must have a really cool personality.
Says Ziad’s best bud

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2018, 06:26:32 AM »
is dog shit vegan though?

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2018, 06:28:24 AM »
is dog shit vegan though?

Gay Imp Sausage Metal is vegan so yes
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 01:45:23 PM by Allen. »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2018, 06:36:22 AM »
Imo!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

D10S

• Rep: -53
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2018, 06:43:59 AM »
Yay on the video screen
Nay in the van

RE: dog shit, we ingest fecal matter on the daily, especially in organic foods...

FOGDOG

• Rep: 10
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2018, 06:53:17 AM »
His sleeves are too long.