Author Topic: Which skathletes are going to be competing in the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics?  (Read 10474 times)

PABLOS SWANPOWERS LOBSTER

These dudes are going to be the rockstars of the olympics. Put any of these cookie cutter contest skaters up against say the guys swimming 100m freestyle and they look like Boulala at the height of his drug addiction.

I don't think we understand how much skating will blow up after this fuckery.

LegitDude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
UK super team

Rowley
Raemers
Barney page
Stu Graham
Rattray
Horsey
Danny Brady
Nick jensen
Penny

Horsey being the driving force, obvs

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
These dudes are going to be the rockstars of the olympics. Put any of these cookie cutter contest skaters up against say the guys swimming 100m freestyle and they look like Boulala at the height of his drug addiction.

I am interested in seeing how they would integrate, how the live crowd would react, if there would be any cross-sport beef going down (eg: skaters vs cross cuntry folk) etc. 

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91

It's going to be Skater Dater, Back to the Future, Police Academy 4, THPS, and a 900... times 10.

:P edit for maths pedants (Skater Dater + Back to the Future + Police Academy 4 + THPS + a 900) x10
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 07:33:47 AM by Jollyoli »
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
Expand Quote

[close]

It's going to be Skater Dater, Back to the Future, Police Academy 4, THPS, and a 9000.
SPB!

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Australia - Shane O'neil Tommy Fynn... Apparently
[close]

I read somewhere that Australia already gave Shane medal incentive.

[close]

I'll also mention for those commenting on how a lot of countries don't have pro skateboarders of the caliber we see and know through skateboarding competition, not every country is guaranteed to have a rider in these comps, it still goes on world rankings from official events (VPS & Street League), yet their will be maximum amounts each country will have so it may filter down the ranks a bit as the countries meet their quota's, but not far enough that johnny kick-turn ends up against Nyjah or Pedro.

Only the host country is guaranteed 1 spot for the competition
being in the actual olympic contest is like making the final contest in a series of contests. Like making it to Shanghai in Vans Park Series, or the last street league contest. only the riders that qualify will be in the actual televised olympic contest. everyone can compete for a spot in the main event by doing well in the qualifying events. in the mens contest its possible that not very many different countries will be represented. the womens contest might get weird tho...In olympic women's snowboarding there aren't a ton of contestants. They have qualifying contests all over the world. top 30 contestants qualify for the olympics. some of the qualifying contests only had 28 contestants. Some girl went to all the qualifying events, made the olympic halfpipe contest, and all she could do was basic airs while the real pro chicks were tossing 1080s... In women's skateboarding most of the girls are American. once those slots fill up who knows who might make the contest.

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
Jollyoli - I agree with you and fully appreciate your multi-generational pop culture boom points, just couldn’t resist a Dad/math joke.
SPB!

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
Expand Quote
UK super team

Rowley
Raemers
Barney page
Stu Graham
Rattray
Horsey
Danny Brady
Nick jensen
Penny
[close]
what year are you living in

to be fair barney page is one of the best people ive seen skate in person, rips

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
Puerto Rico Manny Santiago

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
Expand Quote
Most skaters are from USA if it's only one skater representing the country I think it could be
USA         Nyjah
Brazil       Luan
Australia  Shane O neil
Japan      Yuto
Canada    Decenzo
Colombia David Gonzalez
Germany Willow
[close]

Lol

Wonder how much it would cost them to land Busenitz? Would be amazing to see him skate vs all these tech kids who will make up most countries squads.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Pigeon

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Most skaters are from USA if it's only one skater representing the country I think it could be
USA         Nyjah
Brazil       Luan
Australia  Shane O neil
Japan      Yuto
Canada    Decenzo
Colombia David Gonzalez
Germany Willow
[close]

Lol
[close]

Wonder how much it would cost them to land Busenitz? Would be amazing to see him skate vs all these tech kids who will make up most countries squads.
Saudi Arabia can take Pat Duffy.

no life

• Rep: -31
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
USA         Nyjah
Brazil       Luan
Australia  Shane O neil
Japan      Yuto
Canada    Decenzo
Colombia David Gonzalez
Germany Willow
[close]

Lol
[close]

[close]
Saudi Arabia can take Pat Duffy.
heard hes skating for the confederacy

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Puerto Rico Manny Santiago

He's a regular on the contest circuit and could honestly bring some heat. I'd back him getting internationally flying tomato famous.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Yossi Tenenbaum is going to rep Israel

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -153
That Pedro Barros clip was so cringey

Who are you fooling dude.. in the red bull hat skating at the olympics

Also lol at any of the skaters "failing" a drug test or some other anti brand activity, that ain't gonna happen