Author Topic: Puleo vs Josh Stewart  (Read 58237 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Puleo vs Josh Stewart
« Reply #270 on: November 19, 2018, 09:40:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Where does racism and not understanding (or being empathetic at the absolute least) homosexuality and coming out and what that entails come in to that bullshit numerology?

The whole Bobby VS Stewart/Jahmal is stupid, but at least there can be some sort of debate there. Many skateboarders have found a spot, gotten to if first, and had someone else do that trick or one up you. It’s here where the path forks - either accept it as part of life / grow from it and try to reclaim your place by trying to one up them or become a bitter asshole behind an Instagram screen, resorting to outright racism when your hypocrisy is called out, and alienating the last few fans you had.

Like what I said in the Jeremy Wray thread, I could find a bunch of people to skate with tomorrow (or let’s say, this week. No one I know can actually skate tomorrow) if I wanted to. And I live about 40 minutes outside of Detroit - not NYC. The difference is, I haven’t continually - and infamously, mind you - kooked myself out of the scene via several ways, including public forums.

Bobby, unlike Jeremy, is relegated to skating a slope to angle ironed box behind an auto parts store because he’a literally alienated everyone in the city that would/could skate/film with him. I’d almost say it’s sad, but it’s not. It’s poetic justice.

I need to get off of Slap again.
[close]

I don't get it.  Tf is wrong with skating a bank to box in a random location?  What is he supposed to be skating? ("behind an auto parts store" - heavens to Betsy!)
[close]

My point is Bob’s a skateboarding pariah because nobody can stand to be around him. I believe his actions on Social Media show this - and that’s the shit he chooses to put out there. That’s his good side. You can look up the Vivien Feil story for one of the many documented instances of his bad side.

Dudes a kook and there’s a reason all the people that used to back him - on a personal level or as a fan - no longer do.
[close]

It may not be your intention but I feel you and some others in these Bibby/Bobby threads are rewriting history citing whatever you can (always the Vivien shit, who tf is that dude really anyway, in the grand scheme?) Bob isn't your industry pariah like other cases because it's his intention.  He wouldn't ride for 99  percent of the companies cause he'd hate them and you know this.  We don't know what people can stand him or not and there's plenty of companies that would have given him a model at least up until 3or4 years ago.  Still companies now that would, admittedly less, but he is older.
[close]

Oh so you’re saying a skateboarding pariah because nobody can stand to be around him because he wants it that way
He keeps it pure and that's not a path of the least resistance for sure.  I'd say your being overly conclusive (having no personal perspective on his life) with the "nobody can stand to be around him" stuff tho.  That's kinda high schoolly imo.  But maybe that's the effect of the net.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #271 on: November 19, 2018, 09:44:40 AM »

It may not be your intention but I feel you and some others in these Bibby/Bobby threads are rewriting history citing whatever you can (always the Vivien shit, who tf is that dude really anyway, in the grand scheme?)

i guess this is about vivien feil, who is one of the founders of magenta skateboards, in the grand scheme of things.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #272 on: November 19, 2018, 09:48:12 AM »
I’m preparing a shot-by-shot breakdown of Bibby’s La Luz part where I prove that the “Bobby Puleo” character is actually several actors/skaters. In fact, the Bobby Puleo we know is fake and he has never filmed a clip in his life. Why do you think so much of it is at night?  Harder to see their faces, that’s why.

See how he likes a dose of his own medicine.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #273 on: November 19, 2018, 09:50:14 AM »
I’m preparing a shot-by-shot breakdown of Bibby’s La Luz part where I prove that the “Bobby Puleo” character is actually several actors/skaters. In fact, the Bobby Puleo we know is fake and he has never filmed a clip in his life. Why do you think so much of it is at night?  Harder to see their faces, that’s why.

See how he likes a dose of his own medicine.

bobby was definitely a real person but he died and was replaced by several others.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #274 on: November 19, 2018, 09:51:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Where does racism and not understanding (or being empathetic at the absolute least) homosexuality and coming out and what that entails come in to that bullshit numerology?

The whole Bobby VS Stewart/Jahmal is stupid, but at least there can be some sort of debate there. Many skateboarders have found a spot, gotten to if first, and had someone else do that trick or one up you. It’s here where the path forks - either accept it as part of life / grow from it and try to reclaim your place by trying to one up them or become a bitter asshole behind an Instagram screen, resorting to outright racism when your hypocrisy is called out, and alienating the last few fans you had.

Like what I said in the Jeremy Wray thread, I could find a bunch of people to skate with tomorrow (or let’s say, this week. No one I know can actually skate tomorrow) if I wanted to. And I live about 40 minutes outside of Detroit - not NYC. The difference is, I haven’t continually - and infamously, mind you - kooked myself out of the scene via several ways, including public forums.

Bobby, unlike Jeremy, is relegated to skating a slope to angle ironed box behind an auto parts store because he’a literally alienated everyone in the city that would/could skate/film with him. I’d almost say it’s sad, but it’s not. It’s poetic justice.

I need to get off of Slap again.
[close]

I don't get it.  Tf is wrong with skating a bank to box in a random location?  What is he supposed to be skating? ("behind an auto parts store" - heavens to Betsy!)
[close]

My point is Bob’s a skateboarding pariah because nobody can stand to be around him. I believe his actions on Social Media show this - and that’s the shit he chooses to put out there. That’s his good side. You can look up the Vivien Feil story for one of the many documented instances of his bad side.

Dudes a kook and there’s a reason all the people that used to back him - on a personal level or as a fan - no longer do.
[close]

It may not be your intention but I feel you and some others in these Bibby/Bobby threads are rewriting history citing whatever you can (always the Vivien shit, who tf is that dude really anyway, in the grand scheme?) Bob isn't your industry pariah like other cases because it's his intention.  He wouldn't ride for 99  percent of the companies cause he'd hate them and you know this.  We don't know what people can stand him or not and there's plenty of companies that would have given him a model at least up until 3or4 years ago.  Still companies now that would, admittedly less, but he is older.
[close]

Oh so you’re saying a skateboarding pariah because nobody can stand to be around him because he wants it that way
[close]
He keeps it pure and that's not a path of the least resistance for sure.  I'd say your being overly conclusive (having no personal perspective on his life) with the "nobody can stand to be around him" stuff tho.  That's kinda high schoolly imo.  But maybe that's the effect of the net.

You’ve got a point there. Ive never met the guy, and all of what I said is just gossipy assumptions. But c’mon man, this is Slap.

That said, I was generally a fan of Bobby’s for the whole ‘keeping it pure’ thing. I’m not a fan of telling Pep Kim to go back to Korea, or claiming someone came out of the closet for monetary benefit. Because coming out of the closet in 2018, with Trump as president and seeing how awful so many people around us really are deep down, is an easy cash grab.

Those things are inexcusable.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3288
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #275 on: November 19, 2018, 09:58:29 AM »
I'm just grateful to have someone like Puleo to stand up for us, the LGBTQ community.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #276 on: November 19, 2018, 10:24:46 AM »
That lurker lou post made me respect that dude so much more

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #277 on: November 19, 2018, 10:49:58 AM »
Expand Quote

It may not be your intention but I feel you and some others in these Bibby/Bobby threads are rewriting history citing whatever you can (always the Vivien shit, who tf is that dude really anyway, in the grand scheme?)
[close]

i guess this is about vivien feil, who is one of the founders of magenta skateboards, in the grand scheme of things.

Which is awesome, being involved with and become known for a company that came out prolly after the 00's, -there's nothing wrong with that, I like the team and the vids they do and all that, that shits cool.  But I dunno about in the. 'grand scheme of things' type of thing. (I like the music in their vids too.)

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #278 on: November 19, 2018, 11:00:52 AM »
Cool to hear that you don't think anything after 2000 "counts" in the "grand scheme of things," I'll be sure you take all of your arguments about "rewriting history" super seriously from now on, since you think literally half of contemporary skateboarding doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 11:10:44 AM by heckler »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #279 on: November 19, 2018, 11:23:21 AM »
Cool to hear that you don't think anything after 2000 "counts" in the "grand scheme of things," I'll be sure you take all of your arguments about "rewriting history" super seriously from now on, since you think literally half of contemporary skateboarding doesn't matter.
 Tu che - for sure, for an example I was looking at lavars part in triology the other night thinking it was nicer than parts I see now. Edit to be fair tho Bobby put out stuff from 93 till 2011 which why I said 'in the grand scheme of things' .  He has clips more recent than that too. Edit I meant that magenta started after the 00s ended.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 12:24:29 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #280 on: November 19, 2018, 12:43:18 PM »
Tu che
no soy che hijo de puta soy baron samedi

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #281 on: November 19, 2018, 03:25:19 PM »

This never happened to JW or Josh Stewart

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #282 on: November 19, 2018, 03:44:01 PM »
In some ways, you have to wonder if there's ever been a bigger skate industry joke than Bobby Puleo?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #284 on: November 19, 2018, 05:14:21 PM »

bobby puleo is a fictional character that was created in china. confirmed.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #285 on: November 19, 2018, 05:19:47 PM »
The GOD Bobby Puleo.

We’d be lucky to get more guys like him in skating.
I need a coffee

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #286 on: November 19, 2018, 05:41:05 PM »
Bibby the crisis skater, whole career conspiracy

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #287 on: November 19, 2018, 08:43:04 PM »
The GOD Bobby Puleo.

We’d be lucky to get more guys like him Josh Stewart in skating.
Fixed this for ya.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #288 on: November 20, 2018, 04:02:14 AM »
Expand Quote
The GOD Bobby Puleo.

[close]
Fixed this for ya.

Come on Heckler, you gotta know i love josh. But man, fucking Bobby. That guy is an original coors.
I need a coffee

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #289 on: November 20, 2018, 05:29:48 AM »
In some ways, you have to wonder if there's ever been a bigger skate industry joke than Bobby Puleo?
  Well the "skate industry" has nothing to do with you and on a sadder note they'd also have blacklisted you (regardless of ability)  up until 5 years ago or so cause of your sexual preferences if you were honest about them.  Why tf are slappers so about the industry workings when we're just fucking skateboarders.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 05:41:04 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #290 on: November 20, 2018, 09:19:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  Well the "skate industry" has nothing to do with you and on a sadder note they'd also have blacklisted you (regardless of ability)  up until 5 years ago or so cause of your sexual preferences if you were honest about them.  Why tf are slappers so about the industry workings when we're just fucking skateboarders.

Oh man you're right that is so sad. And truthfully, I never, ever considered this.

It's a good thing we've got Mensa like you to make sure we #wokeboyz up in here, givecigstosurfgroms.

One thing you've got wrong, though. I'm not only fucking skateboarders.

dustythecat

• Rep: 1
« Reply #291 on: November 20, 2018, 10:05:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The GOD Bobby Puleo.

[close]
Fixed this for ya.
[close]

Come on Heckler, you gotta know i love josh. But man, fucking Bobby. That guy is an original coors.

Room for both, but not without some discomfort

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #292 on: November 20, 2018, 10:13:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The GOD Bobby Puleo.

[close]
Fixed this for ya.
[close]

[close]

I've stuck up for Bobby, both as a skateboarder and as a figurehead, for years now. His skateboarding and drive obviously speaks for itself and while I haven't always agreed with what he said, I appreciated that he was willing to speak out of turn and voice his opinions, regardless the outcome. With that being said, there is absolutely nothing okay about shaming an LGBTQ person for coming out, or telling an Asian photographer to "go back to Korea." He's reached the point of no return, and I see no reason to stick up for a bitter old asshole whose best years of skating can likely be replicated by a few kids on Instagram now.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #293 on: November 20, 2018, 11:39:39 AM »

Middle board looking like a good xmas present for my son

beat!

• Rep: -16
  • i feel like im skating a 7.5 in dunks
    • streetbeerz avatar image
« Reply #294 on: November 20, 2018, 12:34:14 PM »
lets get puleo on joe rogan

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #295 on: November 20, 2018, 01:10:11 PM »
biby pls

sfa

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #296 on: November 20, 2018, 02:09:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The GOD Bobby Puleo.

[close]
Fixed this for ya.
[close]

[close]

[close]
I've stuck up for Bobby, both as a skateboarder and as a figurehead, for years now. His skateboarding and drive obviously speaks for itself and while I haven't always agreed with what he said, I appreciated that he was willing to speak out of turn and voice his opinions, regardless the outcome. With that being said, there is absolutely nothing okay about shaming an LGBTQ person for coming out, or telling an Asian photographer to "go back to Korea." He's reached the point of no return, and I see no reason to stick up for a bitter old asshole whose best years of skating can likely be replicated by a few kids on Instagram now.

Seems I missed some of these not okay statements out Mr. Puleo’s most.

I do not approve of either.

Man, another one bites the dust.
I need a coffee

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #297 on: November 20, 2018, 02:28:35 PM »
lets get puleo on joe rogan

I'll hold the camera.

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #298 on: November 20, 2018, 02:50:34 PM »
in 2007 i was briefly roommates with this chick dating Puleo. She would always say he was broke but waiting on some crazy lump sum from iPath (owned by timberland at the time).

how could he not know he was sucking timberlands teat? the corporate vulture that shouldn't be in skateboarding?

he is certifiably insane.

i wonder how he felt about shanahan's love park 98 kalis biting ass doing a kick flip across those bank to bank steps in a line in bronze it's time.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #299 on: November 20, 2018, 03:17:34 PM »
how could he not know he was sucking timberlands teat? the corporate vulture that shouldn't be in skateboarding?

Of course he knew, but it's all part of the "It's fine if I do it, because I have a reason. If somebody else does it, they're fucking lame" mission statement of his.