Author Topic: Puleo vs Josh Stewart  (Read 58419 times)

DannyDee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
Re: Puleo vs Josh Stewart
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2018, 10:37:04 PM »
I sort of wish Jahmal and Josh actually knew it was Puelo's spot and did this to fuck with him. The guy's a great skateboarder, but he's a fucking nut-job. Isn't skateboarding in part about free expression and finding spots, yet Bobby and Ricky try to write conformist rules about everything.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2018, 10:47:44 PM »
I've been spare with Instagram lately. I keep deleting it and downloading it again to watch clips of my friends. Saw this ans immediately deleted again.

Bibby as a crisis actor lmao....how do we fall into our own conspiracies? Wasnt he the original "spot rapist" after the mad circle SF days? Oh how the turns have tabled

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2018, 11:54:08 PM »
Expand Quote
and with his last breath, surrounded by loved ones, he tearfully gasped “locals only”.
[close]

Got me good

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2018, 12:03:44 AM »
I say start a movement for people to submit footage of themselves doing Puleo tricks at his spots, and then make a compilation of all of them. Call it Fuck Bobby.

OwlGreen

• Rep: -126
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2018, 12:50:06 AM »
What the fuck is wrong with all of you idiots?
Puleo's point is completely valid, Josh Stewart is a fraud, and Tim Upson would have had every right to be upset at Thrasher running Busenitz on the cover, although the rain complicates things.

Pigeon

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2018, 01:44:06 AM »
Puleo's point is completely valid, Josh Stewart is a fraud, and Tim Upson would have had every right to be upset at Thrasher running Busenitz on the cover, although the rain complicates things.
What’s actually wrong is the fact that grown men get territorial over places that don’t even belong to them. It’s the same mentality that homeless people and gang members have.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2018, 02:21:58 AM »
There must be some strange equation involving cellar doors, New Yorks subway system, and the number 33 that equals... STATIC 2. Stay woke fam.

Donald Rump

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2018, 02:23:41 AM »
I say start a movement for people to submit footage of themselves doing Puleo tricks at his spots, and then make a compilation of all of them. Call it Fuck Bibby.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2018, 02:33:39 AM »

Billyjoesaunders

• Rep: -9
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2018, 02:49:46 AM »
go Wipe your tears with one of them rotten empty fag packets bum
You be punching fresh air all night

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2018, 02:54:32 AM »
I am kinda with Bobby on this one. Same angle and everything (it also seems like that "spot rape" thing is not what he has an issue with, as he repeatedly says he doesn't have a problem with Gilbert's kickflip)

If it was a homage, they should at least have mentioned it.

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2018, 03:53:02 AM »
There are no golden rules in skateboarding.

Don't embarrass yourself with this bullshit.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2018, 04:07:44 AM »
Everybody is quick to lash on Bobby but he's actually addressing his issue a lot better than he was doing it ten years ago back when he'd go all crazy on the TOA website. He's being cordial and articulate leaving individual replies to most people reacting like he's genuinely into trying to discuss his point, as opposed to just spamming a comments section like a 13-year-old just figuring out the Internet which is what gave him bad rep originally: the form, but his points have always been worth at least considering (of course if you disregard how some of them don't seem to apply to himself, it's funny to see how he thinks). Finally he's grasped how to present an idea.

To be honest I don't see any beef; social commentary if anything. Those two photos exist, same trick at same spot except the newest one is used to sell Nike shoes, which is what Bobby seems mostly intrigued by as he's always had an anti-Nike stance. He's an idealist but what he might be failing to see is the bigger picture of how many small, otherwise independent board companies nowadays actually rely on those occasional big name collabs to stay afloat, and that if they didn't then their disappearance would be more detrimental to the culture Bobby cherishes than if they couldn't get those deals in the first place?

His photo is super iconic, there's no way I'm buying that Josh didn't know about the photo. Or maybe I could because coincidentally I sent Josh an old part of Jahmal's a few months back as part of a random exchange and he was stoked on it, but I was surprised to hear he had never seen it before; out of all people I'd figured he would know it. I guess in reality Josh is just too modern to really worry about anything in the past and busy producing and running his things, while Bobby just cares more (which isn't a bad thing per se). There are no rules, but etiquette is nice.

I like where territorial Bobby is coming from because I like clips to reflect more than just tricks and when you can sense the personal connection between the skater and the spot. Watching a Bobby part you don't look at just the tricks, in each clip the whole picture was considered so the viewer gets an impression of how complex finding and skating the spot was, even though the final outcome somehow looks graceful. To me, way richer and more interesting than thought processes of the likes of 'just catch this hardflip'. I don't always agree, but I like that he's there.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 04:19:34 AM by silhouette »

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2018, 04:50:53 AM »
Bobby really is a like an angry territorial dog that pees everywhere to mark his territory.
But actually I'm 100% with him for this one, this almost looks like a 'tribute shot'. And in an age where skateboarding is getting more and more corporate each day, we need characters like him to keep an 'edge' to it.

He's a bit weird, but I'm sure he's harmless, and there A LOT worse people in skateboarding than him...

« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 04:57:53 AM by DISTANT RUMOURS »

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2018, 05:12:05 AM »
It must suck to be 40 and delivering pizza for a living

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2018, 05:33:52 AM »
Puleo's a dude from Jersey who made a name for himself in San Francisco and has beef with Josh over a spot in London. I very much appreciate his skateboarding, his willingness to be outspoken, and I actually agree with him on a fair bit of things, but let's not act like he's not a fraud, either.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

JeremyScottofChapman

• Rep: -21
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2018, 05:35:14 AM »
It must suck to be 40 and delivering pizza for a living

After I saw this IG post I ordered some chicken nuggets from Alphaville on Wilson Avenue and didn't tip when Bobby delivered those sweet tender nuggets.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2018, 05:55:06 AM »
Expand Quote
and with his last breath, surrounded by loved ones, he tearfully gasped “locals only”.
[close]

Made my day and it's only 754am

ungzilla

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2018, 06:12:44 AM »
can someone cliff-notes the tim upson/thrasher/busenitz thing for me? preferably incorporate 9/11-truth, lizard people, free masons, and flat earth into the explanation.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2018, 06:16:10 AM »
This whole charade is being orchestrated to distract you from the truth. Don't believe his lies.

This isn't even the same person.

TD

• Rep: -2
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2018, 06:23:13 AM »
TWS crisis actor's favourite crisis actor

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2018, 06:45:19 AM »
Everybody is quick to lash on Bobby but he's actually addressing his issue a lot better than he was doing it ten years ago back when he'd go all crazy on the TOA website. He's being cordial and articulate leaving individual replies to most people reacting like he's genuinely into trying to discuss his point, as opposed to just spamming a comments section like a 13-year-old just figuring out the Internet which is what gave him bad rep originally: the form, but his points have always been worth at least considering (of course if you disregard how some of them don't seem to apply to himself, it's funny to see how he thinks). Finally he's grasped how to present an idea.

To be honest I don't see any beef; social commentary if anything. Those two photos exist, same trick at same spot except the newest one is used to sell Nike shoes, which is what Bobby seems mostly intrigued by as he's always had an anti-Nike stance. He's an idealist but what he might be failing to see is the bigger picture of how many small, otherwise independent board companies nowadays actually rely on those occasional big name collabs to stay afloat, and that if they didn't then their disappearance would be more detrimental to the culture Bobby cherishes than if they couldn't get those deals in the first place?

His photo is super iconic, there's no way I'm buying that Josh didn't know about the photo. Or maybe I could because coincidentally I sent Josh an old part of Jahmal's a few months back as part of a random exchange and he was stoked on it, but I was surprised to hear he had never seen it before; out of all people I'd figured he would know it. I guess in reality Josh is just too modern to really worry about anything in the past and busy producing and running his things, while Bobby just cares more (which isn't a bad thing per se). There are no rules, but etiquette is nice.

I like where territorial Bobby is coming from because I like clips to reflect more than just tricks and when you can sense the personal connection between the skater and the spot. Watching a Bobby part you don't look at just the tricks, in each clip the whole picture was considered so the viewer gets an impression of how complex finding and skating the spot was, even though the final outcome somehow looks graceful. To me, way richer and more interesting than thought processes of the likes of 'just catch this hardflip'. I don't always agree, but I like that he's there.

I’d side with him in that case but it mostly seems like it’s about himself. I have to admit he’s an interesting character but more as a cautionary tale, i.e., the skateboarding version of get off my lawn guy. Nobody can control getting old but they can control whether they become bitter along with it.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2018, 06:51:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Made my day and it's only 754am

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2018, 06:55:41 AM »
idk, I think skateboarding needs dudes like him, he's a nut job and all but he grew up in a different age of skating

it's not a direct comparison but it's kind of like when you feel the need to teach kids skatepark etiquette and they are just like, "fuck off old man!". If I said that to an older skate at my local back in the day they woulda fucking hog tied me to the fence and whipped me with s sweaty t-shirt.
ok, well maybe it's not the same, but while he does come across like a raving maniac most of the time I feel he is trying to preserve something that is very dear to him and maybe through making this post he was trying to make Josh more aware of what he puts out there into the "culture".
Personally though, I like it better when Bobby's just running into fancy restaurants and screaming and people and their (pregnant) significant others ;)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

shit_for_brains

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2018, 07:04:10 AM »
THIS IS SERIOUS

OwlGreen

• Rep: -126
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2018, 07:07:50 AM »
can someone cliff-notes the tim upson/thrasher/busenitz thing for me? preferably incorporate 9/11-truth, lizard people, free masons, and flat earth into the explanation.

22 years

ungzilla

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2018, 08:13:02 AM »
which one is the lizard person though

LegitDude

• Rep: 6
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2018, 08:35:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

22 years

Who photoshopped Harrison Fords face onto Busenitz

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2018, 08:37:46 AM »
Bibby is poosey

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2018, 08:54:53 AM »
Bobby should be happy that a trick he did 17 years ago has any relevance in modern skateboarding.  If it was ad worthy then and now it's flattering for him.  He had a decently long career with a bunch of tricks, who cares if someone re-did ONE?  Mistake or not it seems like a grasp at staying in the skate conversation.
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog