Author Topic: Puleo vs Josh Stewart  (Read 58418 times)

StabMasterArson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Puleo vs Josh Stewart
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2018, 09:41:12 AM »
Expand Quote
can someone cliff-notes the tim upson/thrasher/busenitz thing for me? preferably incorporate 9/11-truth, lizard people, free masons, and flat earth into the explanation.
[close]

22 years

Well, one of them was shot in the rain

LeeMarvin

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2018, 09:47:54 AM »
Are pro skaters kooks to start or does being a pro skater and fading out make you a kook?

CoMpLeMeNts4U

« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2018, 10:37:20 AM »

I can agree with booby about Josh Stewart claiming NYC and this even being kind of distasteful. But

"in any other forum this would be considered plagiarism, trademark infringement a violation of intellectual property"

Is absolutely one of the dumbest things I've read.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2018, 10:42:59 AM »

I can agree with booby about Josh Stewart claiming NYC and this even being kind of distasteful. But

"in any other forum this would be considered plagiarism, trademark infringement a violation of intellectual property"

i'm currently debating him on his belief that the victims of the latest mass shooting were "crisis actors".  he gets waaaaay dumber. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

CoMpLeMeNts4U

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2018, 10:43:58 AM »

Nvm disregard that I already read something more dumb. I didn't know what I was getting myself into.
 Why do murderers leave clues tho???

Fred Savage

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2018, 10:48:42 AM »

1 spot +2 skaters +2 photographers+906 slap message board posters  =911

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2018, 10:53:17 AM »
I'd just assume puleo has ollied just about every bump/bank/slight incline NY has to offer.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2018, 10:53:35 AM »
Bibby Bibby Bibby
Diggy Diggy Diggy
Stuck to your ass like a Victoria's Secret widdgy!

CoMpLeMeNts4U

« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2018, 11:02:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i'm currently debating him on his belief that the victims of the latest mass shooting were "crisis actors".  he gets waaaaay dumber.
No point IMO. The whole " it's all crisis actors" stance is one where deep down you can never definitively prove it true. People know this stance is always an absolute dead end to tackle. How are you gonna go about proving they were or werent? No matter what you say or all the other things that you can prove and show definitively about the truth he will rest inside the tiny little dark bubble that is the "crisis actors". If an all powerful shadow government is controlling the world with crisis actors but we figured it all out then they wouldn't be very powerful and it all falls apart. So Bobby rests on the fact that he is never supposed to figure out the truth, once he reaches "out of my hands crisis actors shadow government " he stops there forever. I have come to learn this from debating flat earthers. It's like if there's a knock on the door and we both go and I say it's mom you say it's more likely dad we start arguing in front of the locked door. You start telling me it's dad because he's supposed to be coming home at this time, mom's in Mexico, the knock is louder than mom's , he's yelling open the door, you list all these things and I say no let's never open the door so that we can never DEFINITIVELY prove that it's him. Because I don't want to be proven wrong. I do everything in my power to never open the door. If you reach and unlock it I turn and run away so I never see dad's face.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 11:06:29 AM by CoMpLeMeNts4U »

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2018, 11:07:52 AM »
sub question:  is a shifty (ollie) a different trick than a straight ollie? 

...and to the upson/busenitz guy up there somewhere... c'mon. the difference is clear. kickflip on the china banks is an improbable trick; while, kickflip on the china banks in the rain is impossible. 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 11:10:07 AM by art hellman »
hardly art, hardly starving

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2018, 11:08:52 AM »
Puleo vs The World

Jabootie Bootie

• Rep: -18
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2018, 11:25:02 AM »
willing to guess that anyone dissing puleo never really had to earn anything remarkable for themselves, and is unaware of the protective feelings one gets from accomplishing something memorable to anyone but themselves.

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2018, 11:32:29 AM »
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 12:01:49 PM by Craig Lutzka »

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2018, 11:51:35 AM »
Bobby it never happened. It is all a Hoax, Josh Stewart is a crisis skater. The crisis skaters turned you out Bobby.
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2018, 11:57:42 AM »
willing to guess that anyone dissing puleo never really had to earn anything remarkable for themselves, and is unaware of the protective feelings one gets from accomplishing something memorable to anyone but themselves.

when the only thing remarkable you've accomplished in life is some skateboard tricks you did 15+ years ago, i guess I can see why he'd get defensive

n0torious

• Rep: 153
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2018, 12:07:30 PM »
Some enterprising writer should catalog all of Bobby's self-owns. This is slightly less embarrassing than the years he spent screeching about Suciu, but only slightly.

Jabootie Bootie

« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2018, 12:10:58 PM »
when the only thing remarkable you've accomplished in life is some skateboard tricks you did 15+ years ago, i guess I can see why he'd get defensive

so there's a time limit on accomplishments?  the cycle starts over again, and originality is cast away?

yeah, i'm willing to guess you've accomplished a number of significant achievements.  if it wasn't significant, why did someone emulate it 17 years later?  your logic is flawed.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 12:12:38 PM by Jabootie Bootie »

bo bice

• Rep: 85
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2018, 12:15:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

so there's a time limit on accomplishments?  the cycle starts over again, and originality is cast away?

yeah, i'm willing to guess you've accomplished a number of significant achievements.  if it wasn't significant, why did someone emulate it 17 years later?  your logic is flawed.

lol remember minutes ago when you called what that feedback Ted guy does “tattletale culture”?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2018, 12:16:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

why would someone emulate it?  because its a simple fucking ollie and they needed a photo.  dude doesn't own a trick on a spot. 

Jabootie Bootie

« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2018, 12:18:48 PM »
lol remember minutes ago when you called what that feedback Ted guy does “tattletale culture”?

lol hehe teehee omg...fuck are you trying to say?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 12:23:39 PM by Jabootie Bootie »

Jabootie Bootie

« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2018, 12:21:01 PM »
why would someone emulate it?  because its a simple fucking ollie and they needed a photo.  dude doesn't own a trick on a spot. 

that's according to your code of ethics.  doesn't make it defacto.

thebacker

« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2018, 12:48:04 PM »
Does josh want that smoke?

Can Bobby provide said smoke?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2018, 12:51:52 PM »
sub question:  is a shifty (ollie) a different trick than a straight ollie? 

...and to the upson/busenitz guy up there somewhere... c'mon. the difference is clear. kickflip on the china banks is an improbable trick; while, kickflip on the china banks in the rain is impossible.
I brought it up only because Upson didn't have a bitch fit on Instagram about it.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

bo bice

• Rep: 85
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2018, 12:52:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol hehe teehee omg...fuck are you trying to say?

well, Ted is a guy doing satirical commentary on clips that people send to him. Bobby is same age and throwing a fit over “artistic infringement” of an ollie he did a decade and a half ago. Who comes across as the crybaby here?

Jabootie Bootie

« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2018, 01:09:09 PM »
well, Ted is a guy doing satirical commentary on clips that people send to him. Bobby is same age and throwing a fit over “artistic infringement” of an ollie he did a decade and a half ago. Who comes across as the crybaby here?

we used to live in a subculture where we respected people's originality. now everyone just copies with wild abandon, and criticizes without retribution.  bobby puleo, under no guise approached the issue head on, even going so far as to name the people out in the open.  no instagram story.  no anonymous slap posting.  barrow posted a DM with zero context. Just a bunch of 'you wouldn't hit a guy with glasses' double talk.  i think it's pretty clear who the cry baby is.

MASTiF

« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2018, 01:12:51 PM »
What do you do?  I guess you whine about it on instagram and then call the victims of a mass shooting crisis actors and go full conspiracy idiot.  Skating in LA where everything is NBD, this is everyday.  Bobby is being pretty arrogant and could have handled this with a lot more grace.  It's an ollie that already got taken out.

"That's NBD!  Yeah but no one has seen YOU do it!"

Statebird

• Rep: 47
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2018, 01:20:06 PM »
is there footage of bobs ollie anywhere?

calvinsdream

« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2018, 01:22:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Lol he mad
[close]

He real mad

[close]

is he really saying Josh Stewart shouldn't be in skateboarding at all? That's a bad hot take

"If you're not a real new yorker, don't claim it"
-city full of transplants from the midwest

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2018, 01:44:50 PM »
Isn't Bobby from Jersey?

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2018, 01:45:49 PM »
swear i've seen bobby skating a park in some dunks...