Author Topic: Puleo vs Josh Stewart  (Read 58423 times)

realitycontrol

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Puleo vs Josh Stewart
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2018, 10:42:16 PM »
i'm currently debating him on his belief that the victims of the latest mass shooting were "crisis actors".  he gets waaaaay dumber.

I’m in that same comments section trying to explain how being at a huge Las Vegas country music festival one year, and being in a Southern California country music bar the next year isn’t really that far fetched. And that someone being shot at in both of those situations speaks more about the problem of gun violence in our country and not necessarily that it’s part of a huge conspiracy.

You’ll be shocked to know he’s not buying it.
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2018, 10:56:17 PM »
The whole point of giving an intertextual nod is that those who know, know. Lights up Bobby.

All hail Puleo though. He should be a millionaire.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2018, 10:59:58 PM »
Bobby lost me when he called Josh a corporate vulture who doesn't belong in skateboarding... Josh is the nicest dude ever and has put in an insane amount of work into the NYC skate scene. Promoting the skaters in NYC (bobby included), touring pros and visitors around NYC, and putting out videos that made people appreciate the NYC culture. I feel like Josh is exactly the kind of dude who belongs in the skateboard industry.

Skateboarding has always been a culture that welcomes people to explore new cities, so it's embarrassing how hard he clutches NYC like it's his own, even though he's from fucking Jersey.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 977
  • the moon rules
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2018, 11:14:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I remember when it was "The Towel vs Theorizer" i think that was Josh's handle.
Anybody else remember The Towel?
[close]
Long live The Towel!
Classic reading.
[close]

I still remember the whole Landscape debacle and being amazed at how they just brought that shit up in a public forum. Haha good times. I'm thankful for that, it let me to look up FOS and instantly fell in love with Heroin skateboards.
[close]
Could someone summarize what happened?  Also agree Fos & Heroin are both rad.
im digging deep on this memory, so it might be slightly off from the original story. Bobby had a “guest” board that was supposed to be his official pro model back in the mid-2000’s, but he was such an asshole that Fos didn’t want to deal with him. The boards were already printed up so they advertised them as a guest model. The Theorizer(Josh) Vs The Towel(Bobby) shit has to be close to ten years old too. Bobby and josh were friends until Bobby outted himself as the guy constantly talking shit on the original Theories site. Pretty much he was upset that Josh Stewart made money off of skating by filming contests and such while he worked as a delivery boy
fuck you bama

conqueso

« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2018, 11:18:42 PM »
poor bibby  :(

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 132
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2018, 11:43:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I remember when it was "The Towel vs Theorizer" i think that was Josh's handle.
Anybody else remember The Towel?
[close]
Long live The Towel!
Classic reading.
[close]

I still remember the whole Landscape debacle and being amazed at how they just brought that shit up in a public forum. Haha good times. I'm thankful for that, it let me to look up FOS and instantly fell in love with Heroin skateboards.
[close]
Could someone summarize what happened?  Also agree Fos & Heroin are both rad.
[close]
im digging deep on this memory, so it might be slightly off from the original story. Bobby had a “guest” board that was supposed to be his official pro model back in the mid-2000’s, but he was such an asshole that Fos didn’t want to deal with him. The boards were already printed up so they advertised them as a guest model. The Theorizer(Josh) Vs The Towel(Bobby) shit has to be close to ten years old too. Bobby and josh were friends until Bobby outted himself as the guy constantly talking shit on the original Theories site. Pretty much he was upset that Josh Stewart made money off of skating by filming contests and such while he worked as a delivery boy

Bobby took an advance for being on the team then dipped out on the deal. So to pay FOS back they did the guest board for him.
That is how I remember it. Might not have gone down like that but both Josh and Bobby talked about the whole Landscape deal going sour. So at least that part is true.
Sucks that Fos had to deal with shit like that being that he is genuinely a nice guy.

morningcommute

« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2018, 11:49:31 PM »
the towel - theorizer thing was abit more than just jealousy about money. There was  (now torn down) spot in London called police banks that puleo supposedly found and skated in his static 2 part. Nick Jensen  and olly todd also have footage on it in the video but Bobby was adamnt that his footage should be shown first in the video because he found the spot. josh and bobby argued during the process of editing. Bobby was unhappy with the kinks song. if I recall correctly Josh says in a video interview that he told Bobby he would have his footage shown first in by the video to shut him then released the video how he wanted with olly todd's footage earlier in the video.

i think Bobby took it as a personal slight

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 132
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2018, 12:12:44 AM »
the towel - theorizer thing was abit more than just jealousy about money. There was  (now torn down) spot in London called police banks that puleo supposedly found and skated in his static 2 part. Nick Jensen  and olly todd also have footage on it in the video but Bobby was adamnt that his footage should be shown first in the video because he found the spot. josh and bobby argued during the process of editing. Bobby was unhappy with the kinks song. if I recall correctly Josh says in a video interview that he told Bobby he would have his footage shown first in by the video to shut him then released the video how he wanted with olly todd's footage earlier in the video.

Somebody checked Bobby as well. They said someone local had a trick on that spot in a mag. Also that locals had skated before to which Bobby said something along the lines of "not the way I skated it"

morningcommute

« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2018, 12:18:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Somebody checked Bobby as well. They said someone local had a trick on that spot in a mag. Also that locals had skated before to which Bobby said something along the lines of "not the way I skated it"

i can't be bothered to check but im sure mark Jackson and Chris pulman, at least, both had footage on it before. Jackson in waiting for the world I believe. both skating the top of the big bank.

yeah maybe no one did a grind and into the bank on the small bench before Bobby possibly but who fucking cares. Bobby is a confused bitter sandwich delivery boy. shit is equally funny and depressing.

Bobby the conspiracy theorist is great entertainment.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2018, 12:40:33 AM »
Bobby lost me when he called Josh a corporate vulture who doesn't belong in skateboarding... Josh is the nicest dude ever and has put in an insane amount of work into the NYC skate scene. Promoting the skaters in NYC (bobby included), touring pros and visitors around NYC, and putting out videos that made people appreciate the NYC culture. I feel like Josh is exactly the kind of dude who belongs in the skateboard industry.

Skateboarding has always been a culture that welcomes people to explore new cities, so it's embarrassing how hard he clutches NYC like it's his own, even though he's from fucking Jersey.

pretty certain that was intended for Nike / Converse...

Syhr

• Rep: 11
« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2018, 12:52:25 AM »
Expand Quote
can someone cliff-notes the tim upson/thrasher/busenitz thing for me? preferably incorporate 9/11-truth, lizard people, free masons, and flat earth into the explanation.
[close]

22 years

Still annoys me that there's no footage of that Busenitz kickflip. Like could not one person even get a sneaky iPhone angle, just so it could be seen

Tabletop

• Rep: -72
« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2018, 02:41:55 AM »
Going a bit over board but actually have to agree with what Puleo is saying.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2018, 05:26:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

i can't be bothered to check but im sure mark Jackson and Chris pulman, at least, both had footage on it before. Jackson in waiting for the world I believe. both skating the top of the big bank.

yeah maybe no one did a grind and into the bank on the small bench before Bobby possibly but who fucking cares. Bobby is a confused bitter sandwich delivery boy. shit is equally funny and depressing.

Bobby the conspiracy theorist is great entertainment.
Josh touches on the "controversy" regarding that London spot in this article: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ppmmg9/seventeen-things-you-didnt-know-static-josh-stewart-467
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2018, 09:23:31 AM »
Expand Quote
willing to guess that anyone dissing puleo never really had to earn anything remarkable for themselves, and is unaware of the protective feelings one gets from accomplishing something memorable to anyone but themselves.
[close]

when the only thing remarkable you've accomplished in life is some skateboard tricks you did 15+ years ago, i guess I can see why he'd get defensive
  He put out a full part in 2011.  -Its sick.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #134 on: November 13, 2018, 09:39:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
willing to guess that anyone dissing puleo never really had to earn anything remarkable for themselves, and is unaware of the protective feelings one gets from accomplishing something memorable to anyone but themselves.
[close]

when the only thing remarkable you've accomplished in life is some skateboard tricks you did 15+ years ago, i guess I can see why he'd get defensive
[close]
Not to mention that EVERY part he's put out is beyond sick.  Exquisite style.  That people hate on him for having strong opinions that aren't popular is fucking dumb. 

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2018, 09:57:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
his arrogance knows no bounds. I knew there was something I was missing with the Landscape story. A great style and cool trick/spot selection can’t make up for a shitty attitude and personality
fuck you bama

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2018, 10:00:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Not to mention that EVERY part he's put out is beyond sick.  Exquisite style.  That people hate on him for having strong opinions that aren't popular is fucking dumb.

Found Bobby’s slap account .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2018, 10:13:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
his arrogance knows no bounds. I knew there was something I was missing with the Landscape story. A great style and cool trick/spot selection can’t make up for a shitty attitude and personality
I totally disagree.  I didn't know pro skaters had to be personally likable.  Great style and cool trick/spot selection is way more than many pros have, and almost no one has it like him.  Not sure he deserves to be written off because he's a cranky conspiracy guy.

MASTiF

« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2018, 10:18:55 AM »

One day he'll connect all the dots

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2018, 10:23:50 AM »

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2018, 10:27:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
I totally disagree.  I didn't know pro skaters had to be personally likable.  Great style and cool trick/spot selection is way more than many pros have, and almost no one has it like him.  Not sure he deserves to be written off because he's a cranky conspiracy guy.
his personality and attitude is why he’s difficult to work with. He talks shit about his sponsors, his teammates, and his (former)main outlet for coverage
fuck you bama

BarbaraStreisand

• Rep: -12
« Reply #141 on: November 13, 2018, 10:31:53 AM »
It’s a conspiracy in the conspiracy:

Puleo on HOPPS confirmed!!!
brbraaah.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #142 on: November 13, 2018, 10:34:21 AM »
That’s it. We need brackets to see who comes out on top in the three versus threads on the front page.

Bobby VS Josh Stewart
Suciu VS Palace
Ted Barrow VS Stevie Perez
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

phillip dominguez

• Rep: 15
« Reply #143 on: November 13, 2018, 10:47:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is true, it was a whole thread on the old Theories site.  Basically someone from London called Puleo out for what he calls “spot rape” with video examples of every London spot he skated in Static.  He couldn’t offer a valid defense for any of it, except I’m Puleo and I made the spot. 

I appreciate the guys skating, however, he’s clearly out of his gourd.  I don’t know why any company would try to work with this man given his accused history of fucking them over and just being a difficult person to work with.  Heard he did some shady shit to Coda a few years ago, no details just heard he fucked them over for some money apparently.   

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 10:50:25 AM by phillip dominguez »

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2211
« Reply #144 on: November 13, 2018, 12:19:54 PM »
What came first,the chicken or the Puleo?

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #145 on: November 13, 2018, 01:14:27 PM »
What came first,the chicken or the Puleo?

El Puleo Loco!

superslopp

« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2018, 01:30:56 PM »
That’s it. We need brackets to see who comes out on top in the three versus threads on the front page.

Bobby VS Josh Stewart
Suciu VS Palace

don't forget richie jackson vs. skate mental. who you got in the finals?

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2018, 01:47:48 PM »
Anyone got the link to that last part he put out? Shit was so sick.
I need a coffee

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2018, 02:21:17 PM »
Expand Quote

Bobby VS Josh Stewart
Suciu VS Palace
[close]

don't forget richie jackson vs. skate mental. who you got in the finals?
My vote goes for Jackson v. Skate Mental because the latter's got Rick Dizzo on the the bench too. He's  a solid position player.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1193
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2018, 02:28:49 PM »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.