Author Topic: Puleo vs Josh Stewart  (Read 58424 times)

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
Re: Puleo vs Josh Stewart
« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2018, 06:30:34 AM »

happenstance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2018, 07:26:09 AM »
Expand Quote
I've been a huge Bobby fan for a long time. Maybe I was being naive, but I always saw his weird conspiracies as an endearing form of crazy. Manageable.

But now he's gone and attacked one of our own in a very personal way
[close]
If you were the victim of the mass shooting, a family or friend of someone who was killed, or at the events watching people get shot I bet ol' Bob wouldn't seem so endearing.  Bibby is directly telling the victims of mass shootings that they are crisis actors on his instagram.  You picked a strange hill to die on but I guess for some people things only matter once they affect them.  Puleo is getting lamer by the day.
This is totally a fair criticism. For the record, I’d never seen any of his crisis actor posts but saw it mentioned in the last few days. I suppose I should have known. I just never paid much attention to his Instagram presence. Had I seen that previously, it would have been a tough pill to swallow and continue appreciating his skateboarding.

The distinction I guess I could make though is that he’s flinging his irrationality directly at someone rather than screaming at clouds in his own private corner of IG. A very personal moment, and he’s telling a member of a group he’s not a part of what to think and feel. It’s pure privilege. It definitely was a shark jump moment to me that he feels some responsibility in needing to “shame” someone.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 08:01:44 AM by happenstance »

Gino's Back 180 Nosegrind

• Rep: 34
« Reply #242 on: November 18, 2018, 08:02:52 AM »

I will PayPal $20 to the first person that shoots an ad at that spot! Unless it's to peddle a Nike product, in which case Bobby Puleo will personally arrive to sterilize you on location

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2018, 08:11:08 AM »
lurker lou has converses weiner so far in his mouth its starting to turn me on

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #244 on: November 18, 2018, 08:17:23 AM »
why can't josh just dm bob back? why he gotta send his theoryxnike minions?

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #245 on: November 18, 2018, 08:38:56 AM »
That Lou post is from this morning, I'm sure it has more to do with Puleo's comments about Steve Brandi more than anything.

Couldn't Puleo just have DMed Josh Stewart in the first place? I don't know what point you think you're making?

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #246 on: November 18, 2018, 08:46:57 AM »
i'm never getting food delivered by him again  >:(

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #247 on: November 18, 2018, 08:51:43 AM »
That Lou post is from this morning, I'm sure it has more to do with Puleo's comments about Steve Brandi more than anything.

Couldn't Puleo just have DMed Josh Stewart in the first place? I don't know what point you think you're making?

but but bibby said he did dm josh when he first saw the cons ad and that josh ignored him so thats why he made the post.....

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #248 on: November 18, 2018, 08:53:43 AM »
a theories x nike x minions collab may save skateboarding content from the dog shit its becoming

the ad could be taylor nawkrocki in a minion costume doing an ollie over that gap jahmal and bobby already did.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 08:57:26 AM by cherry »

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2018, 08:57:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

but but bibby said he did dm josh when he first saw the cons ad and that josh ignored him so thats why he made the post.....

You cant reason with crazy so I'd ignore a DM from bibby too.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2018, 09:03:27 AM »
i think joshs butt is hurt just as much as bobbys and thats why everyone who comments on his shit and says "wow your amazing" he comments back a little thumbs up but when bobby says something he turns the cheek.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2018, 09:07:32 AM »
this is kinda like watching syd barrett have a melt down on roger waters. I've seen the pink floyd of the future with their shirts in walmart, syd had a point!

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2018, 09:07:59 AM »

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2018, 09:15:59 AM »
wow the stores still active wonder if i can get an "are you a victim" shirt

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2018, 10:14:32 AM »
Was really missing your schizo-multi posts talking to yourself.

Rutger Hauer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -25
« Reply #255 on: November 18, 2018, 12:08:13 PM »
Oh it wasn't about Bobby skating the bench to bank in London.
"I don't know what my appeal is. I can see I've got blue eyes and don't look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame but I can't understand the fuss."

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #256 on: November 18, 2018, 12:32:26 PM »
You can still watch his old footage, he probably wouldn't have said all this shit back then.

Get the strap

« Reply #257 on: November 18, 2018, 12:42:27 PM »
No fuck that. Someone should troll Bobby why he's on Youtube and Instagram since its run by the Illuminati and Freemasons.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #258 on: November 18, 2018, 04:39:08 PM »
Was really missing your schizo-multi posts talking to yourself.

man, i hope you're not being sarcastic

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #259 on: November 18, 2018, 08:03:27 PM »

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #260 on: November 18, 2018, 08:17:27 PM »
Where does racism and not understanding (or being empathetic at the absolute least) homosexuality and coming out and what that entails come in to that bullshit numerology?

The whole Bobby VS Stewart/Jahmal is stupid, but at least there can be some sort of debate there. Many skateboarders have found a spot, gotten to if first, and had someone else do that trick or one up you. It’s here where the path forks - either accept it as part of life / grow from it and try to reclaim your place by trying to one up them or become a bitter asshole behind an Instagram screen, resorting to outright racism when your hypocrisy is called out, and alienating the last few fans you had.

Like what I said in the Jeremy Wray thread, I could find a bunch of people to skate with tomorrow (or let’s say, this week. No one I know can actually skate tomorrow) if I wanted to. And I live about 40 minutes outside of Detroit - not NYC. The difference is, I haven’t continually - and infamously, mind you - kooked myself out of the scene via several ways, including public forums.

Bobby, unlike Jeremy, is relegated to skating a slope to angle ironed box behind an auto parts store because he’a literally alienated everyone in the city that would/could skate/film with him. I’d almost say it’s sad, but it’s not. It’s poetic justice.

I need to get off of Slap again.

For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #261 on: November 18, 2018, 08:46:03 PM »
some freak on insta commented bobbys bike route to work, the normal time to find him on the route, and the name of where he worked, in case anyone wanted to attack him. it either got deleted or somn but i can't find it anymore. anyway bobbys an idiot but cmon
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #262 on: November 19, 2018, 02:44:15 AM »
Where does racism and not understanding (or being empathetic at the absolute least) homosexuality and coming out and what that entails come in to that bullshit numerology?

The whole Bobby VS Stewart/Jahmal is stupid, but at least there can be some sort of debate there. Many skateboarders have found a spot, gotten to if first, and had someone else do that trick or one up you. It’s here where the path forks - either accept it as part of life / grow from it and try to reclaim your place by trying to one up them or become a bitter asshole behind an Instagram screen, resorting to outright racism when your hypocrisy is called out, and alienating the last few fans you had.

Like what I said in the Jeremy Wray thread, I could find a bunch of people to skate with tomorrow (or let’s say, this week. No one I know can actually skate tomorrow) if I wanted to. And I live about 40 minutes outside of Detroit - not NYC. The difference is, I haven’t continually - and infamously, mind you - kooked myself out of the scene via several ways, including public forums.

Bobby, unlike Jeremy, is relegated to skating a slope to angle ironed box behind an auto parts store because he’a literally alienated everyone in the city that would/could skate/film with him. I’d almost say it’s sad, but it’s not. It’s poetic justice.

I don't get it.  Tf is wrong with skating a bank to box in a random location?  What is he supposed to be skating? ("behind an auto parts store" - heavens to Betsy!)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

playemright

« Reply #263 on: November 19, 2018, 03:01:58 AM »
Hehe people should stop getting angry over bobby like he's a threat or something. Posting his bike route? Lol

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • Free Max B
« Reply #264 on: November 19, 2018, 05:54:07 AM »
For what it’s worth there are a lot of people who have been doing that little Ollie up Ollie over the steps for a long time now. Probably daily. On some rolling up to it and just doing it type shit.
Seems bobbie is just pissed converse never hit him up when they started a skateboard program. Wasn’t he rocking one stars and sideways flexfit hats by choice in the infms video.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Black_Greg

• Rep: -15
  • NO MORE DRIPPIN SHIT STRICY NIGGA SHIT
    • GRAMS avatar image
« Reply #265 on: November 19, 2018, 08:33:47 AM »
The day that Puelo got bitched out by the kids at the skatepark is the day I started to look at him different
Old kissy kiss, I kiss thirty rap dicks, model bitch ass face ass niggas 
Old motherfuckin me, I never sold dope, I watched my cousin do it, so I was influenced ass niggas

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #266 on: November 19, 2018, 08:40:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don't get it.  Tf is wrong with skating a bank to box in a random location?  What is he supposed to be skating? ("behind an auto parts store" - heavens to Betsy!)

My point is Bob’s a skateboarding pariah because nobody can stand to be around him. I believe his actions on Social Media show this - and that’s the shit he chooses to put out there. That’s his good side. You can look up the Vivien Feil story for one of the many documented instances of his bad side.

Dudes a kook and there’s a reason all the people that used to back him - on a personal level or as a fan - no longer do.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #267 on: November 19, 2018, 09:19:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My point is Bob’s a skateboarding pariah because nobody can stand to be around him. I believe his actions on Social Media show this - and that’s the shit he chooses to put out there. That’s his good side. You can look up the Vivien Feil story for one of the many documented instances of his bad side.

Dudes a kook and there’s a reason all the people that used to back him - on a personal level or as a fan - no longer do.

It may not be your intention but I feel you and some others in these Bibby/Bobby threads are rewriting history citing whatever you can (always the Vivien shit, who tf is that dude really anyway, in the grand scheme?) Bob isn't your industry pariah like other cases because it's his intention.  He wouldn't ride for 99  percent of the companies cause he'd hate them and you know this.  We don't know what people can stand him or not and there's plenty of companies that would have given him a model at least up until 3or4 years ago.  Still companies now that would, admittedly less, but he is older.  Edit; maybe the bigger better question is does being a pariah in the industry of skating make you a kook ?  -to me it's starting not to look that way.  Like is the skate industry something your basing your value sys. around? I'd kinda hope not brah.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:28:23 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #268 on: November 19, 2018, 09:30:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

It may not be your intention but I feel you and some others in these Bibby/Bobby threads are rewriting history citing whatever you can (always the Vivien shit, who tf is that dude really anyway, in the grand scheme?) Bob isn't your industry pariah like other cases because it's his intention.  He wouldn't ride for 99  percent of the companies cause he'd hate them and you know this.  We don't know what people can stand him or not and there's plenty of companies that would have given him a model at least up until 3or4 years ago.  Still companies now that would, admittedly less, but he is older.

Oh so you’re saying a skateboarding pariah because nobody can stand to be around him because he wants it that way

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #269 on: November 19, 2018, 09:33:35 AM »
Integrity is a good thing but like everything else he's taking it to insane levels.