Author Topic: Puleo vs Josh Stewart  (Read 58294 times)

happenstance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Puleo vs Josh Stewart
« Reply #300 on: November 20, 2018, 03:20:56 PM »
You two must have missed Stiener’s “Puleo Logic” story post where he said Puleo asked him to proofread an email asking for a raise because iPath got bought out by Timberland.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #301 on: November 20, 2018, 04:51:38 PM »
I've stuck up for Bobby, both as a skateboarder and as a figurehead, for years now. His skateboarding and drive obviously speaks for itself and while I haven't always agreed with what he said, I appreciated that he was willing to speak out of turn and voice his opinions, regardless the outcome. With that being said, there is absolutely nothing okay about shaming an LGBTQ person for coming out, or telling an Asian photographer to "go back to Korea." He's reached the point of no return, and I see no reason to stick up for a bitter old asshole whose best years of skating can likely be replicated by a few kids on Instagram now.
well said!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

ManMelt

« Reply #302 on: November 20, 2018, 05:37:11 PM »
Quick question, and maybe I missed it, but how did Bobby disrespect LGBT community, namely Steve Brandi? What did he say about his coming out?

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #303 on: November 20, 2018, 05:37:38 PM »
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 05:40:47 PM by ChuckRamone »

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #304 on: November 20, 2018, 05:42:08 PM »
Quick question, and maybe I missed it, but how did Bobby disrespect LGBT community, namely Steve Brandi? What did he say about his coming out?

In case you guys haven't had enough Bobby this week...

timandvicstagram: "Maybe you should consider changing your name to “Steve Branding”😂. Using one’s sexual preference to sell a Nike product is not only super shameful and lame, it’s also pretty offensive to not only the LBGQT community your pretend to be championing, but also to the skateboard community. At this point(and especially after BA already used this dead horse tactic to sell another Nike product), I’m fairly certain most skateboarders don’t give a fuck what you or anyone else’s sexual preference is. And on top of that, it shouldn’t matter. Not to you and definitely not to them. So that’s what makes these “posts” so curious. “Coming out on IG and Thrasher”? Don’t you have any class or respect for yourself? Does one’s sexual preference have any place in skateboarding? In fact, I’ll go as far as to say that I don’t know what’s more offensive in this case, discriminating against someone because of their sexual preference or using a sexual preference to promote and sell a Nike product. The timing of this “announcement”, the Thrasher “interview”(maybe advertisement is more accurate?) and the release of the Hopps/Converse shoe and “promo” just seems a little too “coincidently” close for comfort. Love ya bro. #businessneverpersonal"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqOCDf-Fn92/

ManMelt

« Reply #305 on: November 20, 2018, 07:11:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

timandvicstagram: "Maybe you should consider changing your name to “Steve Branding”😂. Using one’s sexual preference to sell a Nike product is not only super shameful and lame, it’s also pretty offensive to not only the LBGQT community your pretend to be championing, but also to the skateboard community. At this point(and especially after BA already used this dead horse tactic to sell another Nike product), I’m fairly certain most skateboarders don’t give a fuck what you or anyone else’s sexual preference is. And on top of that, it shouldn’t matter. Not to you and definitely not to them. So that’s what makes these “posts” so curious. “Coming out on IG and Thrasher”? Don’t you have any class or respect for yourself? Does one’s sexual preference have any place in skateboarding? In fact, I’ll go as far as to say that I don’t know what’s more offensive in this case, discriminating against someone because of their sexual preference or using a sexual preference to promote and sell a Nike product. The timing of this “announcement”, the Thrasher “interview”(maybe advertisement is more accurate?) and the release of the Hopps/Converse shoe and “promo” just seems a little too “coincidently” close for comfort. Love ya bro. #businessneverpersonal"

[close]

He has officially caused me to forget about how much of a fan I was of him, and in my eyes, the final nails are being hammered into his coffin. Every single word in that statement involving BA and Brandi coming out in order to sell Nike’s is so completely laughable. I won’t bother breaking the whole statement down, but I truly think Bobby is a real piece of shit, and I hope he’s blackballed by the industry. IMO, he has 100% Officially kooked himself way past the point of return. Crawl back into the gutters of NYC, keep your bus boy job (that most 43 year olds have), and disappear from the skate world for life. You’ve earned a lifetime ban. So if you ever run into Pete Rose, you two can talk about what it’s like to be banned from your respective sports.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #306 on: November 20, 2018, 08:05:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

He has officially caused me to forget about how much of a fan I was of him, and in my eyes, the final nails are being hammered into his coffin. Every single word in that statement involving BA and Brandi coming out in order to sell Nike’s is so completely laughable. I won’t bother breaking the whole statement down, but I truly think Bobby is a real piece of shit, and I hope he’s blackballed by the industry. IMO, he has 100% Officially kooked himself way past the point of return. Crawl back into the gutters of NYC, keep your bus boy job (that most 43 year olds have), and disappear from the skate world for life. You’ve earned a lifetime ban. So if you ever run into Pete Rose, you two can talk about what it’s like to be banned from your respective sports.

Check out his responses after he left that ridiculous comment. What a flat-out, pathetic, fucking loser. I can't believe I was a ever a fan of his or had any respect for him. I'm with you. The industry should just keep ignoring him and he can continue to be a delusional, self-absorbed moron.

I should have known he was insane when he anonymously argued with his own friend, Josh Stewart, for days on the Theories site. That Towel vs Theorizer argument was so embarrassing to read through. Bobby Puleo is a flat-out kook.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #307 on: November 20, 2018, 08:26:19 PM »
“What if I made a post saying ‘I’m straight! Thank you to my sponsors for supporting me!’ And listed my sponsors?” - Sponsorless* Bobby Puleo, 2018

*His only sponsor is his own board company
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #308 on: November 20, 2018, 08:32:06 PM »
“What if I made a post saying ‘I’m straight! Thank you to my sponsors for supporting me!’ And listed my sponsors?” - Sponsorless* Bobby Puleo, 2018

holy shit i thought you were making a joke. not that he actually said that!

its only a matter of time before he starts blaming "the jews" for stuff

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #309 on: November 20, 2018, 08:34:29 PM »

is his board company like theories except he’s dead serious about his alex jones-esque conspiracy graphics?

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #310 on: November 20, 2018, 08:36:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

is his board company like theories except he’s dead serious about his alex jones-esque conspiracy graphics?

its just rip offs from the movie falling down

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
« Reply #311 on: November 20, 2018, 09:54:50 PM »
Bibby needs to Puleo out of IG. I get being a miserable man,but he really doesn't know when to shut the fuck up. Dropping my fandom of him like a bag of rocks.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1003
« Reply #312 on: November 21, 2018, 07:09:49 AM »
"I’ve always equated flipping out of tricks to be akin to rollerblading." – Bobby Puleo, 2018

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
« Reply #313 on: November 21, 2018, 08:58:40 AM »
"I’ve always equated flipping out of tricks to be akin to rollerblading." – Bobby Puleo, 2018
Thats the excuse of many then huh?

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

JeremyScottofChapman

• Rep: -21
« Reply #314 on: November 21, 2018, 09:16:54 AM »
Now, to balance the scale, I'd like to talk about some things that bring us together, things that point out our similarities instead of our differences. 'Cause that's all you ever hear about in this country. It's our differences. That's all the media and the politicians are ever talking about—the things that separate us, things that make us different from one another. That's the way the ruling class operates in any society. They try to divide the rest of the people. They keep the lower and the middle classes fighting with each other so that they, the rich, can run off with all the fucking money! Fairly simple thing. Happens to work. You know? Anything different—that's what they're gonna talk about—race, religion, ethnic and national background, jobs, income, education, social status, sexuality, anything they can do to keep us fighting with each other, so that they can keep going to the bank! You know how I define the economic and social classes in this country? The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes. The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work. The poor are there just to scare the shit out of the middle class. Keep 'em showing up at those jobs.

JeremyScottofChapman

• Rep: -21
« Reply #315 on: November 21, 2018, 09:19:29 AM »
George Carlin

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #316 on: November 21, 2018, 09:52:17 AM »
puleo is cancelled

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #317 on: November 21, 2018, 10:41:17 AM »
Quote from: timandvicstagram
Have you ever monitized your skateboarding, had a sponsor, been paid to produce content, or been in a magazine? I doubt it. That my friend is a lonely hill. But I digress.

Holy shit!

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3313
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #318 on: November 21, 2018, 11:06:23 AM »
Quote from: timandvicstagram
Expand Quote
Have you ever monitized your skateboarding, had a sponsor, been paid to produce content, or been in a magazine? I doubt it. That my friend is a lonely hill. But I digress.
[close]

Holy shit!

It's like, no Bobby. But I also haven't delivered for Door Dash, either. Not that there's anything wrong with that...I just haven't done either.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #319 on: November 21, 2018, 02:17:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No, Theories is sick. I don't know what this is. That future board isn't a placeholder. I skated two a few years ago, because up till these recent developments, I was a big fan.

For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #320 on: November 21, 2018, 06:49:44 PM »
  I don't know what Bobby said but there def was a pretty hi budget campaign when BA came out.   And it did give him an 5 extra years, -easily!   and having to do no gnarly skate shit for it either.   that part was weak af but no one on here was saying that.   Power to him tho,  dudes gotta eat.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Dorothy Zbornak

« Reply #321 on: November 21, 2018, 06:56:35 PM »
  I don't know what Bobby said but there def was a pretty hi budget campaign when BA came out.   And it did give him an 5 extra years, -easily!   and having to do no gnarly skate shit for it either.   that part was weak af but no one on here was saying that.   Power to him tho,  dudes gotta eat.

That's actually a really good strategy. Maybe J Wray should try it.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #322 on: November 21, 2018, 07:20:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's actually a really good strategy. Maybe J Wray should try it.
  thats pretty rad.

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #323 on: November 21, 2018, 07:21:26 PM »
I believe he genuinely has absolutely nothing against lgbt-people and feels that part of treating one as an equal is giving them shit like an equal, no matter what the person's sexuality is.

Obviously he did not anticipate how seriously people would react to him criticizing someone coming out on instagram. Maybe coming out is nothing to Bobby, but that's definitely not the case for the general public. Very poor judgement on his part.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #324 on: November 21, 2018, 07:40:19 PM »
I believe he genuinely has absolutely nothing against lgbt-people and feels that part of treating one as an equal is giving them shit like an equal, no matter what the person's sexuality is.

Obviously he did not anticipate how seriously people would react to him criticizing someone coming out on instagram. Maybe coming out is nothing to Bobby, but that's definitely not the case for the general public. Very poor judgement on his part.
   To be having the best judgement possible in todays landscape you'd have to be pretty slick, i'd say.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 07:44:39 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #325 on: November 21, 2018, 08:19:52 PM »
ok so how do you guys excuse him for telling pep kim to go back to korea?

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #326 on: November 21, 2018, 08:42:59 PM »
I genuinely believe Bobby wants every last person to leave NYC, no matter their country of origin. He hates every human being equally.

Edit: now that someone’s making this argument below for real, I feel like I need to just walk this joke back. He should know better. No excuse for the comments to Pep or Brandi.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 07:35:59 AM by happenstance »

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #327 on: November 21, 2018, 08:44:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I genuinely believe Bobby wants every last person to leave NYC, no matter their country of origin. He hates every human being equally.

then who would he deliver food to?

Dorothy Zbornak

« Reply #328 on: November 21, 2018, 08:48:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

then who would he deliver food to?

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #329 on: November 21, 2018, 08:57:17 PM »

There's no excuse. But he did also tell Leo Valls or Vivien Feil (don't remember which one) to go back to France and Mark Suciu to go back to the west coast. When he said it to the Magenta guy no one had a problem because they are part of the ruling white class. Understandably it sounds completely different when he tells it to an asian, but apparently Bobby does not get it.

I believe again Bobby thinks that giving shit to a person in a very confrontational working class way is a sign of respect.  He's a product of an era in which this was the norm in skateboarding. That's no excuse though for sounding racist.