Author Topic: Puleo vs Josh Stewart  (Read 58243 times)

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
Re: Puleo vs Josh Stewart
« Reply #330 on: November 21, 2018, 08:58:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
ok so how do you guys excuse him for telling pep kim to go back to korea?
[close]
I genuinely believe Bobby wants every last person to leave NYC, no matter their country of origin. He hates every human being equally.
[close]

then who would he deliver food to?
[close]

[/quote

He'd still be a Shredder complaining about Splinters all day

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #331 on: November 21, 2018, 08:59:48 PM »
Can someone use that illuminati numbers thing to figure out why he's such a POS.
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #332 on: November 21, 2018, 09:18:03 PM »
Contrary to Bob,'s idea, I don't thank that that many people would be lining up to buy "the gay shoes" marketed by "the gay pro skater," "progressive" 2018 or not. I'm not anti LGBTQ, but I really don't think kids would be lining up for that kind of thing. I don't think shit works that way. Him coming out not going to move Steve Brandi into a new neighborhood or buy him 16 cars. I don't quite understand how people can think that people would come out for any other reason than that they don't want to hide that part of themselves any longer. Coming out makes you so vunerable and open to all sorts of assholes - socially conservative assholes and bitter associates - this means you Bob. The difference between Brandi coming out is that he is obviously loved and cared about by skateboarding, without being a super star. If Bobby came out tomorrow, I'd be happy for him being true to himself, but he'd still be a bitter racist asshole who has alienated 99% of Slap. This message board is known for being the last stronghold of Puleo fans. It's a fucking inside joke!

Skateboarding is about expressing yourself and I think the microcosm of slap would have been completely supportive of Brian, Forrest and Steve even if they weren't selling anything. In fact, Forrest isn't pro anymore and hasn't been for a few years. I don't even think dude fuckin' skates anymore. It makes me angry that someone is so fucking delusional, delusional because I don't even think he's homophobic. I think he said some stupid shit that he somehow believes. I think he believes that Brandi talking about coming out is going to drive people by the boatload to by those hideous (IMO) Cons. No one was buying the Project BA because they thought "huh, Brian Anderson is gay, I should buy these." They bought them because they looked sick and skated well.

At least Bobby can back up his numerology shit with the fact that  yes, he is in fact citing real numbers.

Sorry for the rant I have nothing better to do than write and get my mind off shit.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Coolhats

« Reply #333 on: November 21, 2018, 09:35:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Quick question, and maybe I missed it, but how did Bobby disrespect LGBT community, namely Steve Brandi? What did he say about his coming out?
[close]

Expand Quote
In case you guys haven't had enough Bobby this week...

timandvicstagram: "Maybe you should consider changing your name to “Steve Branding”😂. Using one’s sexual preference to sell a Nike product is not only super shameful and lame, it’s also pretty offensive to not only the LBGQT community your pretend to be championing, but also to the skateboard community. At this point(and especially after BA already used this dead horse tactic to sell another Nike product), I’m fairly certain most skateboarders don’t give a fuck what you or anyone else’s sexual preference is. And on top of that, it shouldn’t matter. Not to you and definitely not to them. So that’s what makes these “posts” so curious. “Coming out on IG and Thrasher”? Don’t you have any class or respect for yourself? Does one’s sexual preference have any place in skateboarding? In fact, I’ll go as far as to say that I don’t know what’s more offensive in this case, discriminating against someone because of their sexual preference or using a sexual preference to promote and sell a Nike product. The timing of this “announcement”, the Thrasher “interview”(maybe advertisement is more accurate?) and the release of the Hopps/Converse shoe and “promo” just seems a little too “coincidently” close for comfort. Love ya bro. #businessneverpersonal"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqOCDf-Fn92/
[close]
[close]

He has officially caused me to forget about how much of a fan I was of him, and in my eyes, the final nails are being hammered into his coffin. Every single word in that statement involving BA and Brandi coming out in order to sell Nike’s is so completely laughable. I won’t bother breaking the whole statement down, but I truly think Bobby is a real piece of shit, and I hope he’s blackballed by the industry. IMO, he has 100% Officially kooked himself way past the point of return. Crawl back into the gutters of NYC, keep your bus boy job (that most 43 year olds have), and disappear from the skate world for life. You’ve earned a lifetime ban. So if you ever run into Pete Rose, you two can talk about what it’s like to be banned from your respective sports.
[close]

Check out his responses after he left that ridiculous comment. What a flat-out, pathetic, fucking loser. I can't believe I was a ever a fan of his or had any respect for him. I'm with you. The industry should just keep ignoring him and he can continue to be a delusional, self-absorbed moron.

I should have known he was insane when he anonymously argued with his own friend, Josh Stewart, for days on the Theories site. That Towel vs Theorizer argument was so embarrassing to read through. Bobby Puleo is a flat-out kook.

What's worse is that he buys Nikes and has posted stuff on his instagram of Nikes he has paid full price for, and cut the swooshes off with an exacto knife...Like dude, that's great that you think you're being cool and core and not supporting a giant corporation, but you just paid almost $100 for some Air Forces.

Noioso

• Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #334 on: November 21, 2018, 09:51:25 PM »
Contrary to Bob,'s idea, I don't thank that that many people would be lining up to buy "the gay shoes" marketed by "the gay pro skater," "progressive" 2018 or not. I'm not anti LGBTQ, but I really don't think kids would be lining up for that kind of thing. I don't think shit works that way. Him coming out not going to move Steve Brandi into a new neighborhood or buy him 16 cars. I don't quite understand how people can think that people would come out for any other reason than that they don't want to hide that part of themselves any longer. Coming out makes you so vunerable and open to all sorts of assholes - socially conservative assholes and bitter associates - this means you Bob. The difference between Brandi coming out is that he is obviously loved and cared about by skateboarding, without being a super star. If Bobby came out tomorrow, I'd be happy for him being true to himself, but he'd still be a bitter racist asshole who has alienated 99% of Slap. This message board is known for being the last stronghold of Puleo fans. It's a fucking inside joke!

Skateboarding is about expressing yourself and I think the microcosm of slap would have been completely supportive of Brian, Forrest and Steve even if they weren't selling anything. In fact, Forrest isn't pro anymore and hasn't been for a few years. I don't even think dude fuckin' skates anymore. It makes me angry that someone is so fucking delusional, delusional because I don't even think he's homophobic. I think he said some stupid shit that he somehow believes. I think he believes that Brandi talking about coming out is going to drive people by the boatload to by those hideous (IMO) Cons. No one was buying the Project BA because they thought "huh, Brian Anderson is gay, I should buy these." They bought them because they looked sick and skated well.

At least Bobby can back up his numerology shit with the fact that  yes, he is in fact citing real numbers.

Sorry for the rant I have nothing better to do than write and get my mind off shit.

You're tripping if you don't think queer people went out and bought a Brian Anderson board after he came out. I'm gay and I bought an Anti-Hero BA board right after he came out, and I hadn't skated a BA board in years. I always liked him, but him coming out made me want to go out and support him. Have you heard of Unity? A lot of Queer people get insanely hyped to ride their boards because they know what it represents and who else is riding them.

It's about representation and seeing someone who is like you in a prominent position. Y'all can talk about like 4 dudes who have come out, but in the scope of who is currently skating and has ever skated, that's just a microscopic fraction. The number of queer skateboarders (or out ones, I should say) is only growing, and with that, there will be more products marketed specifically to that audience. Skateboarding has always been marketed towards straight dudes, so you can't go about it the same. You're going to probably see changes. I can't wait.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 09:53:31 PM by Noioso »
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #335 on: November 21, 2018, 10:15:10 PM »

i agree that he is most likely not homophobic and it almost makes his attack on someones sexuality worse. its straight up asshole bully shit. shaming someone for the way they come out is disgusting and says a lot about why so many people still have a hard time being open about it when non homophobes attack you over it.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #336 on: November 21, 2018, 10:32:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You're tripping if you don't think queer people went out and bought a Brian Anderson board after he came out. I'm gay and I bought an Anti-Hero BA board right after he came out, and I hadn't skated a BA board in years. I always liked him, but him coming out made me want to go out and support him. Have you heard of Unity? A lot of Queer people get insanely hyped to ride their boards because they know what it represents and who else is riding them.

It's about representation and seeing someone who is like you in a prominent position. Y'all can talk about like 4 dudes who have come out, but in the scope of who is currently skating and has ever skated, that's just a microscopic fraction. The number of queer skateboarders (or out ones, I should say) is only growing, and with that, there will be more products marketed specifically to that audience. Skateboarding has always been marketed towards straight dudes, so you can't go about it the same. You're going to probably see changes. I can't wait.

It was the easiest way to tell who likes dick at a skatepark prolly ever. After I saw the Brian Anderson pro models pop up at parks. I was like yep,this dude likes dick lmao.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #337 on: November 21, 2018, 10:44:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dude, I have his first Anti-Hero board (and a Girl board with Templeton artwork) as a wall board. I'm not saying queer people didn't go out and support him. I'm stoked for him, and I'm stoked for Steve and Forrest. Let me try to explain:

I was definitely having difficulties explaining what I meant. I still can't really put my thoughts into words. How about this: I don't think Brian came out to sell boards, and I don't think Steve Brandi came out to sell Hopps boards or Cons. In Steve's case, being a pro with a much lower profile than BA or even Forrest, this might be his only major interview. Maybe he had a 'Heads' or 'Who's Hot' or something. I think the fact that this Cons x Hopps video/shoe drop is the reason he got the interview... I hope I'm not being unkind by saying I seriously doubt that he will have a million other Thrasher interviews, or a platform to say something meaningful that can change lives. This Thrasher interview was his one chance to do that. He took it. I'm sure that there are people in the closet reading it that feel completely empowered by the fact that Steve Brandi isn't seen as "the bic'd badass who front blunted hubba hideout," and he's gay. There were many people, when BA came out, that theorized that a lot of people might be less accepting if it was someone less badass. There's probably something to that, unfortunately.

Point is - if the more progressive people non-neanderthal, forward thinking types want to buy a Steve Brandi board or a Brian Anderson board or... uh... a Forrest Kirby dumb-bell, sick, please go do it. Support them. I've had Hopps boards and I wish I could still skate a Forrest Kirby board. I just don't think that it's generally a big marketing scheme when someone comes out. That's what Puleo thinks happened, and that's what I took offense to.

Yes, I know of Unity. I think what they do is really rad. I wish skateboarding was more inclusive to everybody, but as everyone knows, that isn't the case. It sucks there's a need for a queer only skateboarding brand because skateboarding (and unfortunately parts of society) doesn't accept them, but I'm glad they're doing what they're doing.

They also gave Stevie Shakes a pro-model, and he was/is the nicest dude with the best half cab flips and backside flips. Dude was always very very nice to me and my friends even though he had no need to be. He's jocking Hockey pretty hard right now so I'm not sure if he's involved or not anymore.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #338 on: November 22, 2018, 12:23:45 AM »

can you please DM this to him? I'm not even joking

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #339 on: November 22, 2018, 11:05:13 AM »
Expand Quote
rant
[close]
can you please DM this to him? I'm not even joking

Honestly, I don't think it would do any good. As far as I can see, other people have confronted him about his problematic stances and he doesn't seem to get it, or doesn't seem to want to get it.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #340 on: November 22, 2018, 11:11:16 AM »
I agree. Hopefully I’m wrong but he really doesn’t come off like a guy that’s willing to learn anything and is just 100% set in his ways.

Never meet your idols

tinyboobs

« Reply #341 on: November 22, 2018, 11:17:10 AM »
My love of bobby only grows stronger.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #342 on: November 22, 2018, 11:36:21 AM »
I wish Bobby would come on here. He's down with arguing on IG, which is also a data mining and marketing device. I would think paranoid people like him would feel safer talking shit/discussing on an old school bulletin board site like this. I'm a bit of a technophobe myself, I still have a flip phone and 0 social media. This is the only place you'll see me in the digital world, and an email account.

I'm not giving up on him completely, I'm putting him up there with MJ, another lost soul looking at conspiracies for a clearer view of life. Today is Thanksgiving and JFK's death date, so he's going to be busy deciphering that all day today.

Get it together Bobby, you can be better than this. I hope.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
« Reply #343 on: November 22, 2018, 11:41:55 AM »

I think you are taking your argument too far. True, it is tasteless and inappropriate of Bobby to single out Steve when he's just taken such a personal risk, but to say that Nike doesn't have a massive campaign going at the moment to rebrand itself the champion of diversity, is to bury your head in the sand. I'm not saying at all that Steve took advantage of this fact, I don't believe that he did and I'm glad that he felt like sharing something important to him with skateboarding. But independently of that, from Nike's perspective not Steve's his sexuality has to be a check mark on his marketability in a campaign that focuses on diversity. I'm not saying that's wrong, just that it seems pretty obvious.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #344 on: November 22, 2018, 12:02:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think you are taking your argument too far. True, it is tasteless and inappropriate of Bobby to single out Steve when he's just taken such a personal risk, but to say that Nike doesn't have a massive campaign going at the moment to rebrand itself the champion of diversity, is to bury your head in the sand. I'm not saying at all that Steve took advantage of this fact, I don't believe that he did and I'm glad that he felt like sharing something important to him with skateboarding. But independently of that, from Nike's perspective not Steve's his sexuality has to be a check mark on his marketability in a campaign that focuses on diversity. I'm not saying that's wrong, just that it seems pretty obvious.

Oh of, course they do. I don't disagree with anything you said. I just don't think anyone at Nike/deluxe/cons/theories/hopps/et all were pressuring BA or Steve Brandi to come out just to add that to their marketability though (not saying you do either).

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #345 on: November 22, 2018, 12:02:48 PM »
Expand Quote
ok so how do you guys excuse him for telling pep kim to go back to korea?
[close]
I genuinely believe Bobby wants every last person to leave NYC, no matter their country of origin. He hates every human being equally.

Edit: now that someone’s making this argument below for real, I feel like I need to just walk this joke back. He should know better. No excuse for the comments to Pep or Brandi.

well then he better take the path or nj transit back to new jersey and then eventually make his way back to italy.

CoMpLeMeNts4U

« Reply #346 on: November 22, 2018, 01:14:53 PM »
Lots of passion in this thread it's inspiring. I just hope everyone is staying hydrated if you haven't yet maybe eat a banana keep those electrolytes up.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #347 on: November 22, 2018, 03:44:25 PM »

What a contrarian you are!

tinyboobs

« Reply #348 on: November 22, 2018, 03:59:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah, Id feel that way with or without slaps collective opinion on the matter.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #349 on: November 23, 2018, 04:20:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yuck.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #350 on: February 05, 2019, 04:52:49 PM »

SIMPLY

• Rep: 30
« Reply #351 on: February 05, 2019, 04:54:49 PM »
Nice. I have a zine Bobby Puleo made and I genuinely don’t care for the dude in the slightest, anybody want it? It’s all pictures of homeless people from a shitty phone.

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #352 on: February 05, 2019, 07:28:18 PM »
the only response to bobby on IG is to talk strictly skate shit whenever he veers off into insanity

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #353 on: February 05, 2019, 08:44:25 PM »
Shots fired...

http://www.instagram.com/p/BtdeW7CFxhN/
yeah, I saw that and thought he would have internally combusted over it by now?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #354 on: February 05, 2019, 10:15:19 PM »
Expand Quote
yeah, I saw that and thought he would have internally combusted over it by now?

Bobby's still better.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #355 on: February 06, 2019, 08:04:31 AM »

Statebird

• Rep: 46
« Reply #356 on: February 06, 2019, 08:47:36 AM »
not really any shots being fired but i'm sure bobby is still pissed about it

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #357 on: February 06, 2019, 09:04:33 AM »