Author Topic: Want to know if I should skate this board or not  (Read 2483 times)

RemoteDeck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Want to know if I should skate this board or not
« on: November 11, 2018, 06:39:01 PM »
So here's the story, I am a new skater and got this board at a garage sale and I saw that it was signed. I didn't think the signature was important so I got some trucks and wheels for it. I posted the signatures on reddit to try and figure out who it was from, I believe it is Bucky Lasek and Bob Burnquist. Is the board worth saving new? Is it worth more than a new board? Should I just skate on it? if I shouldn't skate it where can I get a deck? Suggestions?

RemoteDeck

• Rep: 0
Re: Want to know if I should skate this board or not
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 06:45:43 PM »
image of the deck

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 06:48:47 PM »
Use it as tinder and eat 'smores

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 07:02:46 PM »
You’ve got a lot of moving pieces here.  Hold off on making any moves until trading closes on the Hang Seng and Nikkei, then we should have a better idea on how to proceed.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

CoMpLeMeNts4U

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 04:36:28 AM »
You’ve got a lot of moving pieces here.  Hold off on making any moves until trading closes on the Hang Seng and Nikkei, then we should have a better idea on how to proceed.
I have been feeling down lately, just struggling never being in the mood for compliments when usually they just come. But this, this really brought me back. This was a very good joke and it made me laugh out loud in public. It impressed me because shamefully I did not even know what the Hang Seng or Nikkei was. It adds layers to your personality, like a mystique. Who is this dude? How can he make such confident and casual jokes about this stuff? What is his job is it in finance or banking? Honestly really cool.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 02:17:00 PM »
So here's the story, I am a new skater and got this board at a garage sale and I saw that it was signed. I didn't think the signature was important so I got some trucks and wheels for it. I posted the signatures on reddit to try and figure out who it was from, I believe it is Bucky Lasek and Bob Burnquist. Is the board worth saving new? Is it worth more than a new board? Should I just skate on it? if I shouldn't skate it where can I get a deck? Suggestions?
put some trucks on it, ride it  AND DONT COME BACK HERE.
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 10:20:52 PM »
I’ve got a buddy that had his deck signed by Tony Hawk by randomly bumping in to him in Los Angeles.  He just said “fuck it” and kept on skating it. 

After a few sessions the autograph was completely gone. 

I was pretty impressed with the whole thing.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

LegitDude

• Rep: 6
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 12:55:27 AM »
Yeah it's gross. Destroy it by skate

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 02:27:33 PM »
Yes. Lots of noseslides.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 07:39:00 PM »
Use the money you got by selling it on eBay to buy a new board. Or me a new board.

mongopushingmallgraber

• Rep: 30
    • Voicemail avatar image
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 09:32:26 PM »
You might end up hating skateboarding if you skate that board on account of how shitty it will be.

backsidebonefull

• Rep: 3
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 03:26:32 AM »

Skate it.

tomriddle0054

• Rep: -3
    • Skate Review avatar image
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2019, 02:07:57 AM »
Sell it to a higher price and buy more skateboard..  ;D ;D