Author Topic: Mark suciu show middle finger to palace  (Read 88803 times)

Prinzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 178
Re: Mark suciu show middle finger to palace
« Reply #420 on: February 28, 2021, 07:54:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
palace is fucking wack, fuck all these hipster brands

habitat and alien are sick if you think about all the teams that used to be sick compared to now, if you actually pay attention and watch their team skate, it actually make sense, they have a team that makes sense and can skate for real, no bullshit needed.

they just turned kaue cossa pro, guy is fucking insane, saw him skating in person, very good style.. powerful..

this sucks cuz palace has sick skaters, but fuck all these hipsters trying to act cool and be like "oooh I'm sooo edgy baby look at me, HERE LOOK AT ME, I'M SO DIFFERENT!! U WILL NEVER GET IT BRAH UR NOT ARTSY ENOUGH BRAH"

get da fuck out of here!
no bullshit and skate > hipster shit, anyday.
[close]

you are a clown and mad that a guy in some cute looking clothing skates better than you ever did thats why you have to call out teams from back in the day instead of your self. do you like it when you girl dresses cute? so why wouldnt you try to dress cute too for her. and if the skills are there why would anyone get mad at these folks? dont think old aws or habitat were that better skill wise
[close]

nice try, if this is not a bait and u are really mad, I guarantee u use cuff pants and do no comply wallies only, skating a palace 9 inch board AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA get da fuck out of here little kid, learn some skate history and learn respect, u are not "artful" or "different" u just dress like every "follow the trend" kid nowdays.

no comply wallies are tight, ever seen that shit over a jersey barrier

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

michael scarn

« Reply #421 on: February 28, 2021, 09:01:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Why would palace be so mean to Mr suciu and two legendary brands? I don't get it:( yaje and Bobbydd need respek on their name. I'd rather skate termite boards than palace price point dwindle.
[close]

Amen

Expand Quote
I wonder if liking palace is a cultural thing? I met a dude from London and he said Palace was his favorite brand because it was like the epitome of London or somethingll like that. And I've never been to London and just don't get Palace at all. Totally agree than Chewy is the only good thing associated with them!
[close]

I know plenty of skaters from London and I can tell you that Palace is definitely not the epitome of London!
They are so far up their own ass its unreal! Never seen such an arrogant bunch of people. Exactly what the skateboard industry doesn't need. Plus its over priced hypebeast garbage made for sheep with more money than sense basically.

How many people do u know that actually skate skate that rock Palace? (Apart from those that get hooked up)
Don't worry I'll wait...

You're right, i don't know anyone who actually wears Palace. My local certainly doesn't carry their stuff. I don't think anyone who isn't wealthy can actually afford Palace.

I wonder, has anyone skated the boards? What's the shape like?

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #422 on: February 28, 2021, 09:01:52 AM »
Boards are good. Good shapes too

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #423 on: February 28, 2021, 09:06:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why would palace be so mean to Mr suciu and two legendary brands? I don't get it:( yaje and Bobbydd need respek on their name. I'd rather skate termite boards than palace price point dwindle.
[close]

Amen

Expand Quote
I wonder if liking palace is a cultural thing? I met a dude from London and he said Palace was his favorite brand because it was like the epitome of London or somethingll like that. And I've never been to London and just don't get Palace at all. Totally agree than Chewy is the only good thing associated with them!
[close]

I know plenty of skaters from London and I can tell you that Palace is definitely not the epitome of London!
They are so far up their own ass its unreal! Never seen such an arrogant bunch of people. Exactly what the skateboard industry doesn't need. Plus its over priced hypebeast garbage made for sheep with more money than sense basically.

How many people do u know that actually skate skate that rock Palace? (Apart from those that get hooked up)
Don't worry I'll wait...
[close]

You're right, i don't know anyone who actually wears Palace. My local certainly doesn't carry their stuff. I don't think anyone who isn't wealthy can actually afford Palace.

I wonder, has anyone skated the boards? What's the shape like?

I skate in Palace quite regularly (just the simple stuff like a triferg shirt or a cap ec). However thats because I got most of my Palace stuff a long time ago when I would get it cheap at my local shop which has now gone. I wouldn't bother buying any nowadays at the current prices. Skated a couple of their boards in the past too and they were fine. I've never really been a deck snob or really able to tell much difference other than width but it felt like any other normal skateboard.

Icandoflamingoes

• Rep: 1
« Reply #424 on: February 28, 2021, 09:09:18 AM »
Palsonic for video of the decade is a tall claim outside of the UK for sure. They make great videos and products but that’s a bit rich

Yes they’ve earnt more money than most companies ever would but a whole lot of that comes from outside skateboarding from crappy kids in the mall.

I don’t see any amount of video success making it cool to act that way, but I’m not 16 so what do I know.

shalom

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
Re: Mark suciu show middle finger to palac
« Reply #425 on: February 28, 2021, 12:34:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Team habitat over here, we will indeed see if palace has a lasting cultural impact like alien and habitat have, is there some backstory to the beef with fos?  I thought he was a super nice guy beloved by all?

In 10 years time are we really gonna say hey remember that straight to YouTube edit with the EDM music the way we remember mosaic or anything alien workshop ever did?

Seems pretty edgelordish, I for one shall be boycotting palace and refusing to buy their 200 dollar shirts,

Can’t everyone just be friends

Someone please think of the children
[close]

Palace is the most influential company of the last 10 years whether you like them or not. They’ve already left a massive cultural impact. They’re definitely worthy of criticism about certain things though and the insults towards Fos were pretty sad really
[close]
FA is the most influential company of the last decade
[close]
that'd be polar, actually
[close]
I would agree with Polar.
[close]

Yeah I’d agree with Polar too I just say Palace because it came out before them, also Pontus and Jason Dill both (allegedly) tried to get on Palace before starting their own things
I don't think this logic checks out. In terms of trick selection, board sizes, shapes and graphics, fashion choices, Polar and Palace are very different, and one cannot equate the two.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

LLN

• Rep: -2
« Reply #426 on: February 28, 2021, 12:47:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Team habitat over here, we will indeed see if palace has a lasting cultural impact like alien and habitat have, is there some backstory to the beef with fos?  I thought he was a super nice guy beloved by all?

In 10 years time are we really gonna say hey remember that straight to YouTube edit with the EDM music the way we remember mosaic or anything alien workshop ever did?

Seems pretty edgelordish, I for one shall be boycotting palace and refusing to buy their 200 dollar shirts,

[close]

Palace is the most influential company of the last 10 years whether you like them or not. They’ve already left a massive cultural impact. They’re definitely worthy of criticism about certain things though and the insults towards Fos were pretty sad really
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Yeah I’d agree with Polar too I just say Palace because it came out before them, also Pontus and Jason Dill both (allegedly) tried to get on Palace before starting their own things
[close]
I don't think this logic checks out. In terms of trick selection, board sizes, shapes and graphics, fashion choices, Polar and Palace are very different, and one cannot equate the two.

I disagree but can see where you’re coming from, though they have their own distinct identities they also share many similarities so I think the comparison is valid

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #427 on: February 28, 2021, 01:06:28 PM »
Please tell me what you think the similarities are because I'm not seeing them
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #428 on: February 28, 2021, 01:20:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Let’s be honest here.
There all just copying early World anyway.
That’s whats boring about all these companies, Palace included, they are not really very original at all. The kids are into it because they weren’t around in the 90’s.

Defo Polar

Copying early World how ? You can make that argument with nearly any brand. 
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #429 on: February 28, 2021, 01:31:48 PM »
I first started skating in 2000 so when I think World, I think Flameboy, Wet Willy, and slicks. Their cool days were before my time. Polar is cool, love their videos and I have a board waiting for me to skate that seems poppy and pretty spiffy overall. I’m not sure how to describe Palace as a brand and not seeking out their boards but I did watch Palasonic once and enjoyed it.

Maybe an unpopular opinion on here but Hockey as a brand is really cool.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #430 on: February 28, 2021, 02:21:08 PM »

Correct.

I don't care for their schtick but the boards are very good.

Have you tried the 7.75 with 13.8wb? Magic

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 404
« Reply #431 on: February 28, 2021, 02:32:03 PM »
I'm convinced everyone on Slap is 35+

34. I'll let you know when my birthday is if you're gonna send me a card though.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #432 on: February 28, 2021, 02:42:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Correct.

I don't care for their schtick but the boards are very good.

Have you tried the 7.75 with 13.8wb? Magic

I want to. I've had two 8s. But I keep almost trying their 7.75 since I prefer the size

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2196
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #433 on: February 28, 2021, 04:39:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Claim strikes me as somewhat sus. Palace was founded in 2009, Polar in 2010. At the time of Polar’s inception, Palace was still a dinky operation known as The Palace Wayward Boys Choir & was an infant as far as companies go. It wasn’t until later they were brought under the Slam City distro umbrella as an in-house brand that they got the big jab in the arm that helped launch them into the hype east juggernaut they are today. I don’t see Pontus, OR Dill who, at that point at least, was still enjoying large checks from “peak AWS,” begging to be put on a tiny fledging company.
But what do I know?!?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #434 on: February 28, 2021, 04:44:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Claim strikes me as somewhat sus. Palace was founded in 2009, Polar in 2010. At the time of Polar’s inception, Palace was still a dinky operation known as The Palace Wayward Boys Choir & was an infant as far as companies go. It wasn’t until later they were brought under the Slam City distro umbrella as an in-house brand that they got the big jab in the arm that helped launch them into the hype east juggernaut they are today. I don’t see Pontus, OR Dill who, at that point at least, was still enjoying large checks from “peak AWS,” begging to be put on a tiny fledging company.
But what do I know?!?

Yeah always struck me as bullshit.

GreggPopovich

• Rep: -44
« Reply #435 on: February 28, 2021, 05:55:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
But what do I know?!?

Lou,

I agree with the thinking here, and have always pondered this myself. My theory in why it is not suspect though, is look at what Dill and Pontus went out and did instead of Palace. This makes it a lot more believable from a motive/narrative perspective. If you remember some years back Pontus had an interview that got posted here, and I believe it was in the last 3 questions of the interview, but one of his answers devolved into why he made polar or something like that. In that answer he said one crucial thing that backs the narrative they asked or something similar. He says that brands need to have like one iconic figure, that essentially legitimizes the brand, similar to AVE and Dill on FA/AWS, or Pontus on Polar. He goes on for like three to four paragraphs about this concept. What makes sense with the palace narrative given that information, is Pontus likely saw these guys as something worth investing in, and wanted to be that guy for them. Same thing with Dill, Dill seems even more likely since he seems like the anxious fuck who would shit his pants halfway through an all in bet on the poker table. I bet after leaving AWS, he legit shit his pants and thought about leaving AVE high and dry for Palace, prolly not seriously cuz his conscious prolly would get the better of him, but he at minimum theorized about a fallback plan should FA fail. One thing I can say about Dill with all his eccentricities, usually eccentric people think their shit out to a high level, and tend to be fairly intelligent, which from a Risk analysis standpoint would have been the smart plan of action.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #436 on: February 28, 2021, 06:25:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

i've always felt that was them just making up a rumor because they thought it'd be funny

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

LLN

• Rep: -2
« Reply #437 on: February 28, 2021, 07:05:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
But what do I know?!?

The first Palace promo came out in 2010 and by this point the name was just Palace. But yeah was quite a different company back then. Fos said in his pals interview that he and Pontus discussed him riding for Heroin before going off to start Polar so I don't think it's implausible that he may have spoken to Palace as well around this time. Also I don't think it's too far fetched that Jason Dill would have spoke to them around the time he realised Alien was going to shit (around 2012?) before doing FA as a proper board company. By this point Palace was well established.

I don't know any of this though so yeah could just be bullshit

Hombreezy

« Reply #438 on: February 28, 2021, 07:12:15 PM »
Either way, palace is the least influential company of the last decade

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2196
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #439 on: February 28, 2021, 08:53:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
But what do I know?!?
[close]

The first Palace promo came out in 2010 and by this point the name was just Palace. But yeah was quite a different company back then. Fos said in his pals interview that he and Pontus discussed him riding for Heroin before going off to start Polar so I don't think it's implausible that he may have spoken to Palace as well around this time. Also I don't think it's too far fetched that Jason Dill would have spoke to them around the time he realised Alien was going to shit (around 2012?) before doing FA as a proper board company. By this point Palace was well established.

Meh. At worst blanch it’s still quite plausible; I’ll give you that.
Bound to be plenty of holes in my conjecture.
Like I was sayin’... What do I know?!?
Shalom.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #440 on: March 01, 2021, 03:35:14 AM »
Palsonic for video of the decade is a tall claim outside of the UK for sure. They make great videos and products but that’s a bit rich

And even in the UK Cover Version was much better anyway
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

joaopedro

• Rep: -38
« Reply #441 on: March 01, 2021, 06:30:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

habitat and alien are sick if you think about all the teams that used to be sick compared to now, if you actually pay attention and watch their team skate, it actually make sense, they have a team that makes sense and can skate for real, no bullshit needed.

they just turned kaue cossa pro, guy is fucking insane, saw him skating in person, very good style.. powerful..

this sucks cuz palace has sick skaters, but fuck all these hipsters trying to act cool and be like "oooh I'm sooo edgy baby look at me, HERE LOOK AT ME, I'M SO DIFFERENT!! U WILL NEVER GET IT BRAH UR NOT ARTSY ENOUGH BRAH"

get da fuck out of here!
[close]

you are a clown and mad that a guy in some cute looking clothing skates better than you ever did thats why you have to call out teams from back in the day instead of your self. do you like it when you girl dresses cute? so why wouldnt you try to dress cute too for her. and if the skills are there why would anyone get mad at these folks? dont think old aws or habitat were that better skill wise
[close]

nice try, if this is not a bait and u are really mad, I guarantee u use cuff pants and do no comply wallies only, skating a palace 9 inch board AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA get da fuck out of here little kid, learn some skate history and learn respect, u are not "artful" or "different" u just dress like every "follow the trend" kid nowdays.
[close]

I'm talking about "followthetrend" type of people, of course nothing against specific tricks, just used as example of hipster skaters nowdays

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #442 on: March 01, 2021, 10:01:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

get da fuck out of here!
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm talking about "followthetrend" type of people, of course nothing against specific tricks, just used as example of hipster skaters nowdays

I dont think palace makes 9 inch boards.

ALSO Everyone is following trends from some era, like sure it looks corny, but let the kids look corny if they want to. Every single era of skateboarding has had corny fashion trends, literally nothing has changed

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #443 on: March 01, 2021, 03:03:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
But what do I know?!?
[close]

[close]
Shalom.

Dill was even in a Palace clip, and I think Chewy is also saying in the clip, "he's on Palace, now huh".

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #444 on: March 01, 2021, 03:05:56 PM »
I'm convinced everyone on Slap is 35+

you thought teenagers came on here ?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #445 on: March 01, 2021, 03:19:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
But what do I know?!?
[close]

[close]
Shalom.
[close]

Dill was even in a Palace clip, and I think Chewy is also saying in the clip, "he's on Palace, now huh".

2:32 mark, and the only people who weren't on Palace at the time in the edit were Benny Fairfax (who got on shortly after along with Brady) and Andrew Brophy who were both original PWBC members.

Palace and Supreme/Dill had some fall out a few years back over their shops (I think Supreme thought Palace was poaching employees or something), which is why no one from Palace rides for Supreme anymore (Lucien at the least used to), and all the London guys they hook up are associated with Atlantic Drift (Casper Brooker, Kyron Davis, Mike Arnold).

Don

• Rep: -31
« Reply #446 on: March 01, 2021, 04:34:41 PM »
It started with Palace, but Supreme(FA) was more influential

BOILIN HOT MODELLO

• Rep: -1
« Reply #447 on: March 01, 2021, 04:53:54 PM »
It was said in a Palace ad a few years back now.  Something along the lines of saying

"These are the people who tried to get on but we said nein to"

.Pontus Alv
.Jason Dill
.Tiago lemos
.That guy on numbers who skates rails (wasnt sure who they ment, miles silvas maybe?)

and finished by saying Palace is more interested in Tony Ferguson

michael scarn

« Reply #448 on: March 01, 2021, 05:27:18 PM »
It was said in a Palace ad a few years back now.  Something along the lines of saying

"These are the people who tried to get on but we said nein to"

.Pontus Alv
.Jason Dill
.Tiago lemos
.That guy on numbers who skates rails (wasnt sure who they ment, miles silvas maybe?)

and finished by saying Palace is more interested in Tony Ferguson

I doubt the honesty behind that ad frankly. Seems like such a Palace thing to do, they probably think it's edgy or some shit.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #449 on: March 01, 2021, 07:23:42 PM »
they probably think it's edgy or some shit.
Basically the whole brand summed up in one succinct phrase

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year