Author Topic: Mark suciu show middle finger to palace  (Read 88898 times)

coreaf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 23
  • sick
Re: Mark suciu show middle finger to palace
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2018, 01:01:30 PM »
  • 100%
  • LEV’S CAPTIONS
  • ARE SICK
  • 100%
  • PALACE GARMS
  • ARE V HIGH QUALITY
  • 100%
  • PALACE BOARDS
  • ARE DWINDLE WOOD

howtotictac

• Rep: 12
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2018, 01:05:02 PM »
Expand Quote
^Have you considered paying attention to contemporary skateboarding? They released a great full-length last year (for free, mind you), they've pumped money into the Long Live Southbank campaign, they opened up an indoor skatepark to support the London scene over the past winter, they've milked their status in the fashion industry with great tongue-in-cheek ads, and they make sure rad skaters like Danny Brady, Jamal Smith, and Lucien Clarke (among others) get paid.

But no, how dare they say what everyone is thinking about Habitat.
[close]

Hey! How dare you come in here and make valid points

Big ups to Danny Brady

Lots of valid points indeed, except for the last one. Not everyone thinks Habitat sucks (this thread being the proof). They might not be the hype right now but still a very good company imo.

foureyedjim

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2018, 01:12:00 PM »
Ted's IG story pushing Palace purchases at Labor. Sounds like direct NYC beef with Suciu.

I don't think he would mention that they are dwindle wood without it being in jest against Palace...

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2018, 01:27:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Ted's IG story pushing Palace purchases at Labor. Sounds like direct NYC beef with Suciu.
[close]

I don't think he would mention that they are dwindle wood without it being in jest against Palace...

I was kidding. I just really wanted to get to a Gangs of New York joke.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2018, 01:32:03 PM »
It would have been more accurate to call out girl/choco you'd think, but i guess they dont want to be too edgy.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 721
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2018, 01:38:17 PM »
When its all said and done Brian delatorre is the true tastemaker

calvinsdream

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2018, 01:44:44 PM »
Funny how much flack Palace is getting for stating what we all know is true. Yeah, AWS and Habitat have some decent guys on the team...but in terms of graphics, video output, a distinct vision for either brand...come on now. Same downward trajectory as Girl and Chocolate...though I'd place my money on Crail pulling through.

Also Slap routinely shits on people and brands for no good reason. Without merciless shit talking, Slap would be toast. Palace taking a light jab at two established brands that almost died, were bought by a snowboard co, almost died again, and are now in purgatory is not the end of the world.

Also gotta add to the whack Palace analysis: The company has been around for what, 10 years now? They've gone through various phases, all of which are subsequently ripped by tons of other brands. The guys behind the brand have some idea what they're doing, and will likely switch things up again before things get stale. Or keep selling t-shirts and paying their riders and employees. Assholes! Every company should be like Foundation--requesting life-threatening stunts for a few boards a month. Keep it core boys.

The alternative to core doesn't have to be total dogshit packaged as "high end fashion".

How can anyone honestly back this shit like they would ever buy it:

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2018, 01:45:35 PM »
i have a pretty good feeling palace will not be able to sustain their recent success.

During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

sms_b

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2018, 01:53:49 PM »
meh, when whoever wrote that gets the phone call from the adidas executives, my guess is they'll be peeing on themselves and sending the screen cap to their corporate overlords. Half of palace rides for Adidas or some shit and this dude decides to throw some random shade at one of adidas' signature shoe pros?

That's a lose-lose situation, but what do I know . . . you do you Palace!   

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2018, 02:08:11 PM »
This is what Suciu gets for doing Jamal's trick.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3336
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2018, 02:11:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Funny how much flack Palace is getting for stating what we all know is true. Yeah, AWS and Habitat have some decent guys on the team...but in terms of graphics, video output, a distinct vision for either brand...come on now. Same downward trajectory as Girl and Chocolate...though I'd place my money on Crail pulling through.

Also Slap routinely shits on people and brands for no good reason. Without merciless shit talking, Slap would be toast. Palace taking a light jab at two established brands that almost died, were bought by a snowboard co, almost died again, and are now in purgatory is not the end of the world.

Also gotta add to the whack Palace analysis: The company has been around for what, 10 years now? They've gone through various phases, all of which are subsequently ripped by tons of other brands. The guys behind the brand have some idea what they're doing, and will likely switch things up again before things get stale. Or keep selling t-shirts and paying their riders and employees. Assholes! Every company should be like Foundation--requesting life-threatening stunts for a few boards a month. Keep it core boys.
[close]

The alternative to core doesn't have to be total dogshit packaged as "high end fashion".

How can anyone honestly back this shit like they would ever buy it:

I like bears (large-bodied, hairy homosexual men) and I like skateboarding, so I back this sweater.

However, those slippers are terribly homophobic.

The Mess

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
  • please don't kill me jesse.
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2018, 02:36:55 PM »
Bad look for Palace. Unforced error with no upside and they deserve whatever shit they get for it. Suciu +1
i have nothing to fear but jesse himself.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: Mark suciu show middle finger to
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2018, 02:38:34 PM »
I don't get how doing a collab Polo is considered cool.

That same collab that sold out in a couple seconds. You are probably the one who’s out of touch here.

Who thinks that Palace will be hurting anytime soon must be living a shell. They just opened a new Tokyo Shop that looks insane, and their hype was boosted a lot by the POLO collab.
Their best move was to not rely only on skateboarding and cash in with all the hype stuff, and they’ve been milking it really well.
As I said once in here, Palace is the Robbin Wood of skateboarding, selling stuff to rich kids to then give back to skateboarding (well, they also get mad rich along the way).

Alien and habitat tho, what was the last relevant thing they did? They used to be my favourite brands, I spent my whole high school years in a Habitat hoodie, I watched Mindfield a trillion times, but damn, right now I’m more excited about Foundation than those two combined. It’s sad but Palace just stated the facts here... 

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1188
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2018, 02:40:38 PM »
Those slippers look like a treat to slip in to after a hard day skating in my HRS mafioso-in-witness-protection loafers.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

playemright

« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2018, 02:50:10 PM »
Slippers are sick. Chad palace vs. virgin habitat.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2018, 02:55:41 PM »
Suciu rules and so do many other aws/habitat riders and the palace boys can't touch their level. Not to mention their wood sucks and so do their shapes. Sovereign sect for life bitches.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

no life

• Rep: -31
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2018, 02:58:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That same collab that sold out in a couple seconds. You are probably the one who’s out of touch here.

Who thinks that Palace will be hurting anytime soon must be living a shell. They just opened a new Tokyo Shop that looks insane, and their hype was boosted a lot by the POLO collab.
Their best move was to not rely only on skateboarding and cash in with all the hype stuff, and they’ve been milking it really well.
As I said once in here, Palace is the Robbin Wood of skateboarding, selling stuff to rich kids to then give back to skateboarding (well, they also get mad rich along the way).

Alien and habitat tho, what was the last relevant thing they did? They used to be my favourite brands, I spent my whole high school years in a Habitat hoodie, I watched Mindfield a trillion times, but damn, right now I’m more excited about Foundation than those two combined. It’s sad but Palace just stated the facts here...
oh nice, its cool because it sells out..... you're dumb as hell. robbin wood? hahahahha fuck you

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2018, 03:00:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol "out of touch" check out the average dipshit copping this stuff https://www.vogue.com/article/palace-x-polo-ralph-lauren-launch-new-york-city

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1188
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2018, 03:02:13 PM »
Have the guys hating on DSM wood tried one lately?  I skated an Evisen a few months ago that was stiffer than a
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2018, 03:14:14 PM »
^Have you considered paying attention to contemporary skateboarding? They released a great full-length last year (for free, mind you), they've pumped money into the Long Live Southbank campaign, they opened up an indoor skatepark to support the London scene over the past winter, they've milked their status in the fashion industry with great tongue-in-cheek ads, and they make sure rad skaters like Danny Brady, Jamal Smith, and Lucien Clarke (among others) get paid.

I pay enough attention to contemporary skating. Companies like this view their “contributions” to skating as investments that will pay off later. They don’t do it for altruistic reasons. Do all companies do this? Yes. But Palace’s aesthetic is wack and so is their presence in skateboarding. They are a trendy boutique store not unlike Supreme that manufactures scarcity and hype and sucks high fashion’s dick a little too hard. They got their fingers in every pie and sponsor “image” skaters like prawn powers so it’s hard to take them seriously. Basically they’re watered down and phony.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2018, 03:34:11 PM »
Have the guys hating on DSM wood tried one lately?  I skated an Evisen a few months ago that was stiffer than a
DSM making crappy boards is an outdated myth. The new madness decks are really nice quality.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2018, 03:44:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I pay enough attention to contemporary skating. Companies like this view their “contributions” to skating as investments that will pay off later. They don’t do it for altruistic reasons. Do all companies do this? Yes. But Palace’s aesthetic is wack and so is their presence in skateboarding. They are a trendy boutique store not unlike Supreme that manufactures scarcity and hype and sucks high fashion’s dick a little too hard. They got their fingers in every pie and sponsor “image” skaters like prawn powers so it’s hard to take them seriously. Basically they’re watered down and phony.
If you paid enough attention to skateboarding, than you'd know that Palace released one of like, three videos worth watching last year, so you clearly don't know what's going on. A refresher: Palace started by a skateboarder, the brand is still run by the same skateboarder, they employ skateboarders, they pay talented skateboarders (unless you consider Lucas Puig an "image" skateboarder?), and they give back to skateboarding, in every way I just described. It's really that simple.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

coreaf

• Rep: 23
  • sick
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2018, 03:47:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

so a company that actually puts out skate footage and is actively involved in preserving and cultivating their local scene is watered down and phony because they actually happen to be savvy enough to cash in on their aesthetic?

meanwhile you’re arguing in favor of a company that hasn’t released a full length in recent memory or even posted anything worth noting on their youtube channel in the past year other than a couple raw footage videos of suciu and bob dk.

what even is skateboarding these days?

Mobkickflipper

• Rep: -1
  • is this real or is this really real ?
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2018, 03:48:57 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't get it? What does the caption say? The photo is too small to read the print
[close]

In Japan
It looks like
He's riding a
Workshop board
Remember how
Good Alien was
It's fully dogshit now
and Habitat
Would rather skate
a Termite board

Just strained the shit out of my eyes but it's doable
i don't get why they felt the need to do that, however Palace won't last as much as Alien or Habitat  either....

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3336
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2018, 03:49:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

lol "out of touch" check out the average dipshit copping this stuff https://www.vogue.com/article/palace-x-polo-ralph-lauren-launch-new-york-city

We R all Doris

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2018, 03:50:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yea I'm sure Lucas Puig and Chewy Cannon are phony. Jesus Christ get your head out of your ass. If anything Supreme is worse off as a brand than Palace. They sell their shit to actual skate shops and literally opened up a free indoor park, whereas Supreme only exists within their stores and really haven't done jack shit to give back to the skate community in LA or NYC. You just sound like an old curmudgeon who hates Palace because it's new(er) and trendy, fuck outta here.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

anon

• Rep: 54
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2018, 03:51:40 PM »
This is what Suciu gets for doing Jamal's trick.
lmoa

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2018, 03:56:08 PM »
Who wants to start a brand with me called Pretentious Skateboards?

Jereme Rogers would like to speak w/ you.

ungzilla

« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2018, 03:57:04 PM »
dad really knows what's hip

calvinsdream

« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2018, 04:22:19 PM »
All of the pro-palace arguments could replace "nike" with "palace" to justify nike's rightful place in skateboarding.

Debatebly better videos from Palace though, and nike's not skater owned.