Author Topic: Mark suciu show middle finger to palace  (Read 88602 times)

Scott Chegg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
Re: Mark suciu show middle finger to palace
« Reply #450 on: March 05, 2021, 11:04:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why would palace be so mean to Mr suciu and two legendary brands? I don't get it:( yaje and Bobbydd need respek on their name. I'd rather skate termite boards than palace price point dwindle.
[close]

Amen

Expand Quote
I wonder if liking palace is a cultural thing? I met a dude from London and he said Palace was his favorite brand because it was like the epitome of London or somethingll like that. And I've never been to London and just don't get Palace at all. Totally agree than Chewy is the only good thing associated with them!
[close]

I know plenty of skaters from London and I can tell you that Palace is definitely not the epitome of London!
They are so far up their own ass its unreal! Never seen such an arrogant bunch of people. Exactly what the skateboard industry doesn't need. Plus its over priced hypebeast garbage made for sheep with more money than sense basically.

How many people do u know that actually skate skate that rock Palace? (Apart from those that get hooked up)
Don't worry I'll wait...
[close]

You're right, i don't know anyone who actually wears Palace. My local certainly doesn't carry their stuff. I don't think anyone who isn't wealthy can actually afford Palace.

I wonder, has anyone skated the boards? What's the shape like?

They’re pretty flat, other than that they’re pretty standard. I liked it I’ll probably end up getting one again. Palace and Skate Cafe decks are the cheapest in the UK, so they’re probably the 2 that people skate the most here

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #451 on: March 05, 2021, 11:13:24 AM »
Expand Quote
It was said in a Palace ad a few years back now.  Something along the lines of saying

"These are the people who tried to get on but we said nein to"

.Pontus Alv
.Jason Dill
.Tiago lemos
.That guy on numbers who skates rails (wasnt sure who they ment, miles silvas maybe?)

and finished by saying Palace is more interested in Tony Ferguson
[close]

I doubt the honesty behind that ad frankly. Seems like such a Palace thing to do, they probably think it's edgy or some shit.
Crazy to think they denied Tiago. It would probably make palace more available through Brazil.

Scott Chegg

« Reply #452 on: March 05, 2021, 11:16:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It was said in a Palace ad a few years back now.  Something along the lines of saying

.Pontus Alv
.Jason Dill
.Tiago lemos
.That guy on numbers who skates rails (wasnt sure who they ment, miles silvas maybe?)

[close]

I doubt the honesty behind that ad frankly. Seems like such a Palace thing to do, they probably think it's edgy or some shit.
[close]
Crazy to think they denied Tiago. It would probably make palace more available through Brazil.
I get why they would deny dill and Pontus, I’m pretty sure Lev said on his freeskatemag interview that if you wouldn’t be down to blaze with Jamal in the van you can’t get on palace. But I bet Tiago can hang he seems like a pretty chill guy

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #453 on: March 05, 2021, 11:19:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

.Pontus Alv
.Jason Dill
.Tiago lemos

[close]

[close]
[close]
I get why they would deny dill and Pontus, I’m pretty sure Lev said on his freeskatemag interview that if you wouldn’t be down to blaze with Jamal in the van you can’t get on palace. But I bet Tiago can hang he seems like a pretty chill guy
Also, he smokes some hella joints!

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #454 on: March 05, 2021, 11:23:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

.Pontus Alv
.Jason Dill
.Tiago lemos

[close]

[close]
[close]
They keep a pretty local crew of guys they were good friends with or Lev finds funny. They may just not have known him very well.

As their team expands I think they'd rather hook up London locals like Kyle Wilson or guys who live there now like Charlie Birch, and not create some superteam where the guys aren't connected. Lucas was put on because he was buddy's with a bunch of the team through Adidas.

Scott Chegg

« Reply #455 on: March 05, 2021, 11:27:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

.Pontus Alv
.Jason Dill
.Tiago lemos

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
They keep a pretty local crew of guys they were good friends with or Lev finds funny. They may just not have known him very well.

As their team expands I think they'd rather hook up London locals like Kyle Wilson or guys who live there now like Charlie Birch, and not create some superteam where the guys aren't connected. Lucas was put on because he was buddy's with a bunch of the team through Adidas.

I guess it’s the same with Heitor, I think he said they put him on after going on tour with them. I get it, but it would still be cool if Javi Sarmiento and Tiago were on palace

biggietoms

• Rep: 8
  • take acid
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #456 on: March 05, 2021, 11:56:15 AM »
Wasnt there talk of Penny potentially getting on at one point

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #457 on: March 05, 2021, 12:10:46 PM »
If you believe they turned down Tiago you're fried.

No way he'd even ask in the first place
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

twic3

• Rep: 14
« Reply #458 on: March 05, 2021, 12:17:48 PM »
I dont see the connection of how Tiago could've got on. Palace knew of Heitor when he was flow for Polar and offered to give him gear when they saw he was ordering stuff online from them.

I believe Charlie and Kyle Wilson were working at the Palasonic Park before they were on.

Andrew Brophy was offered a spot on Palace because Benny Fairfax is his brother in law? But chose Girl because he was staying with Carroll at the time.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #459 on: March 05, 2021, 01:01:10 PM »

Why do you think they would just blindly accept him? He's an unreal skater but there is more to getting on a brand like Palace than that. It is not like Palace needs a Tiago to move more product.

Scott Chegg

« Reply #460 on: March 05, 2021, 01:07:25 PM »
If Snelling gets on palace and they start making 10 inch boards would be jokes

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #461 on: March 05, 2021, 01:19:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Why do you think they would just blindly accept him? He's an unreal skater but there is more to getting on a brand like Palace than that. It is not like Palace needs a Tiago to move more product.

I'd be more surprised if he even asked.

Team wise they are beneath him.

And he doesn't seem like anybody that would pander to fashion boys or hype beasts. He seems to legit and down to earth.

Strictly for the culture. And that shit ain't good for the culture.

Scott Chegg

« Reply #462 on: March 05, 2021, 01:30:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

And he doesn't seem like anybody that would pander to fashion boys or hype beasts. He seems to legit and down to earth.

Isn’t he on dime tho? Dime is also pretty trendy

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #463 on: March 05, 2021, 02:13:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Palace has an unreal team. Like Danny Brady isn't a legit skate-rat.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #464 on: March 05, 2021, 02:59:41 PM »

pinch me i’m dreaming

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #465 on: March 06, 2021, 08:25:09 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm convinced everyone on Slap is 35+
[close]

34. I'll let you know when my birthday is if you're gonna send me a card though.

According to Cyrus we are a bunch of 14 years old kids, so I don´t know..
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #466 on: March 06, 2021, 10:07:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

34. I'll let you know when my birthday is if you're gonna send me a card though.
[close]

According to Cyrus we are a bunch of 14 years old kids, so I don´t know..

You're either 14 or 41 there is no inbetween
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Scott Chegg

« Reply #467 on: March 06, 2021, 10:33:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

pinch me i’m dreaming
He was on the preview for their new video, that one with all the aliens and shit. It’s unlikely but would be pretty funny

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
Re: Mark suciu show middle finger to palac
« Reply #468 on: March 06, 2021, 02:37:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Team habitat over here, we will indeed see if palace has a lasting cultural impact like alien and habitat have, is there some backstory to the beef with fos?  I thought he was a super nice guy beloved by all?

In 10 years time are we really gonna say hey remember that straight to YouTube edit with the EDM music the way we remember mosaic or anything alien workshop ever did?

Seems pretty edgelordish, I for one shall be boycotting palace and refusing to buy their 200 dollar shirts,

Can’t everyone just be friends

Someone please think of the children
[close]

I try to forget 2000s skateboarding videos. They were pretty bland for how good the skateboarding technically was. I'm not saying Palace is going to be more culturally relevant in the end, but a brand like Habitat is pretty forgettable unless 2003 was your childhood and it's nostalgic for you.

That's like saying Picasso at 40 was boring because his blue period was behind him.

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #469 on: March 06, 2021, 02:43:04 PM »

Or just loves to hate on palace, I dont think palace dudes care, more publicity for them anyway
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 03:06:28 PM by baaaaaaguette »

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #470 on: June 06, 2021, 01:39:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Or just loves to hate on palace, I dont think palace dudes care, more publicity for them anyway
gotta love when a thread gets bumped just for a comment like this

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #471 on: June 06, 2021, 03:32:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
gotta love when a thread gets bumped just for a comment like this

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #472 on: June 06, 2021, 08:16:29 PM »
I dont see the connection of how Tiago could've got on. Palace knew of Heitor when he was flow for Polar and offered to give him gear when they saw he was ordering stuff online from them.

I believe Charlie and Kyle Wilson were working at the Palasonic Park before they were on.

Andrew Brophy was offered a spot on Palace because Benny Fairfax is his brother in law? But chose Girl because he was staying with Carroll at the time.

Damn what an idiot.

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #473 on: June 06, 2021, 08:34:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn what an idiot.

Brophy or Carroll? Haha.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #474 on: June 06, 2021, 11:19:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn what an idiot.
[close]

Brophy or Carroll? Haha.

If I’m being honest, Palace, Brophy and Carroll. Palace/Carroll for wanting Brophy. And Brophy for turning down Palace. From the outside looking in Palace looks dope, yeah they got some craze gear, but they take care of their people and their local scene. Im a big fan of their team and vids.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #475 on: June 06, 2021, 11:42:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn what an idiot.
[close]

Brophy or Carroll? Haha.
[close]

If I’m being honest, Palace, Brophy and Carroll. Palace/Carroll for wanting Brophy. And Brophy for turning down Palace. From the outside looking in Palace looks dope, yeah they got some craze gear, but they take care of their people and their local scene. Im a big fan of their team and vids.

To be fair. Girl seems to take care of people. Brophy is still robbing a living from them.

The crazy thing is why either of them wanted him.

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #476 on: June 07, 2021, 04:21:02 AM »
I have literally never seen a palace board in person.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #477 on: June 07, 2021, 07:06:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn what an idiot.
[close]

Brophy or Carroll? Haha.
[close]

[close]

To be fair. Girl seems to take care of people. Brophy is still robbing a living from them.

The crazy thing is why either of them wanted him.

brophy on girl is one of the most mystifying things ever.

wanna get on girl? well unless you're better than mike mo and ck1 combined it ain't fucking happening, flow boi. oh woah this australian dude can ollie like five boards! oh shit and he can 3flip too? fuck yeah, lets get that dude.

PhantomBased

• Rep: -13
« Reply #478 on: June 07, 2021, 07:54:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Ahaha, guys are hating but using fucking Chinese wood for their boards
[close]
I actually love everything Palace is doing but i wont skate a Palace board. As a "premium" brand its a shame they use DSM wood.
 Same reason i never supported Girl and Chocolate in the last decade. theres no excuse to using shitty wood, the quality of your products should come before everything else if youre a skateboard company.

This. Are they still with dsm?

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 56
« Reply #479 on: June 07, 2021, 01:29:45 PM »

[/quote]

brophy on girl is one of the most mystifying things ever.

wanna get on girl? well unless you're better than mike mo and ck1 combined it ain't fucking happening, flow boi. oh woah this australian dude can ollie like five boards! oh shit and he can 3flip too? fuck yeah, lets get that dude.
[/quote]

I have replayed this scenario in my head a thousand times in the last few years to explain Brophy on Girl...and now my imagination has the perfect dialogue to go with it. You can just see Smyth, Carroll and Howard in an office mesmerised by a Cliche video going "woah!" Hahaha. I'd add to their conversation: "If this guy keeps up his productivity from five years ago for the next five years, we'll replace Guy and Koston for sure!"