Author Topic: Mark suciu show middle finger to palace  (Read 88607 times)

newMe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Mark suciu show middle finger to palace
« Reply #480 on: June 08, 2021, 02:43:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ahaha, guys are hating but using fucking Chinese wood for their boards
[close]
I actually love everything Palace is doing but i wont skate a Palace board. As a "premium" brand its a shame they use DSM wood.
 Same reason i never supported Girl and Chocolate in the last decade. theres no excuse to using shitty wood, the quality of your products should come before everything else if youre a skateboard company.
[close]

This. Are they still with dsm?

I heard Palace is changing their wood. So DSM no more, not sure what they're switching to yet.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #481 on: June 08, 2021, 04:40:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I dont see the connection of how Tiago could've got on. Palace knew of Heitor when he was flow for Polar and offered to give him gear when they saw he was ordering stuff online from them.

I believe Charlie and Kyle Wilson were working at the Palasonic Park before they were on.

Andrew Brophy was offered a spot on Palace because Benny Fairfax is his brother in law? But chose Girl because he was staying with Carroll at the time.
[close]

Damn what an idiot.
[close]

Brophy or Carroll? Haha.
[close]

If I’m being honest, Palace, Brophy and Carroll. Palace/Carroll for wanting Brophy. And Brophy for turning down Palace. From the outside looking in Palace looks dope, yeah they got some craze gear, but they take care of their people and their local scene. Im a big fan of their team and vids.
[close]

To be fair. Girl seems to take care of people. Brophy is still robbing a living from them.

The crazy thing is why either of them wanted him.

Yeah that’s pretty much what I was getting at.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #482 on: June 08, 2021, 05:21:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I dont see the connection of how Tiago could've got on. Palace knew of Heitor when he was flow for Polar and offered to give him gear when they saw he was ordering stuff online from them.

I believe Charlie and Kyle Wilson were working at the Palasonic Park before they were on.

Andrew Brophy was offered a spot on Palace because Benny Fairfax is his brother in law? But chose Girl because he was staying with Carroll at the time.
[close]

Damn what an idiot.
[close]

Brophy or Carroll? Haha.
[close]

If I’m being honest, Palace, Brophy and Carroll. Palace/Carroll for wanting Brophy. And Brophy for turning down Palace. From the outside looking in Palace looks dope, yeah they got some craze gear, but they take care of their people and their local scene. Im a big fan of their team and vids.
[close]

To be fair. Girl seems to take care of people. Brophy is still robbing a living from them.

[close]

Pretty sure Brophy had a falling out with people close to Palace over the Wayward Wheels stuff and Wayward boards with Snowy over the copyright.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #483 on: June 09, 2021, 01:43:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn what an idiot.
[close]

Brophy or Carroll? Haha.
[close]

[close]

[close]

I dont know, but is/was he maybe marketable for the aussie market?

newguy

« Reply #484 on: September 15, 2021, 03:32:42 AM »
Bought a Palace Jamal Smith deck yesterday, as I realised the 8.25 is basically my dream shape, mellow with 14" WB...I'm London local and they are a moderately popular brand amongst the scene heads...I kinda equate them with Supreme and the smaller scale but super hyped Clown skateboards.

The graphics and art direction isn't too bad, and their team is pretty stacked... if the wood works for me I have no problem supporting the brand.

As a British skater it gives me some pride to see British skate brands operating on a global scale since I came back to skating... blows my mind that Skateboard Cafe, Palace, Clown, Death, Heroin, Isle  (and a bunch more) have all made waves across the pond and beyond.... world of difference to the early 2000s.

Clown skateboards has been on my radar for a whole year and I still don’t know where to buy a board from them. Which sucks because I dig their vibe

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #485 on: September 15, 2021, 07:28:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Bought a Palace Jamal Smith deck yesterday, as I realised the 8.25 is basically my dream shape, mellow with 14" WB...I'm London local and they are a moderately popular brand amongst the scene heads...I kinda equate them with Supreme and the smaller scale but super hyped Clown skateboards.

The graphics and art direction isn't too bad, and their team is pretty stacked... if the wood works for me I have no problem supporting the brand.

As a British skater it gives me some pride to see British skate brands operating on a global scale since I came back to skating... blows my mind that Skateboard Cafe, Palace, Clown, Death, Heroin, Isle  (and a bunch more) have all made waves across the pond and beyond.... world of difference to the early 2000s.
[close]

Clown skateboards has been on my radar for a whole year and I still don’t know where to buy a board from them. Which sucks because I dig their vibe

The circus has been on hiatus since the pandemic but I'm sure they'll open back up soon.

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #486 on: September 15, 2021, 11:07:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you're in the UK then Paradeworld (or https://lostartshop.com/ more specifically) has the three special editions up.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #487 on: September 15, 2021, 11:11:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yardsale looked like it was going to be really sick before they lost half their team, not that you can blame guys like Charlie Birch and Kyle Wilson for taking an opportunity to ride for Palace.

The UK scene is probably my favorite for footage right now. Palace, Isle/Atlantic Drift and Skateboard Cafe (especially Korahn Gayle) are killing it. Been a big fan of it since watching Lose and Found, and the evolution is awesome.