Author Topic: Mystery Box Thread  (Read 18702 times)

Giza Butler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Mystery Box Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2018, 06:21:29 AM »
Really wanting to get a theories mystery box but I'm afraid it's gonna get super expensive with shipment and custom taxes.

Also, living in Europe kinda makes less sense getting that box but it's rad to see all these good brands under one roof. 
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Tally810

• Rep: -9
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2018, 06:48:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
http://imgur.com/a/pqeRkx1

Got my theories box and I'm pretty hyped.  Haven't skated an isle deck and the polar hoodie feels like top quality
[close]

Is that furry artwork on the isle deck?
[close]
I dunno it's part of their artist run.  The dimensions are good so I'm happy
[close]

Furry isn't an artist. He meant "is that two anthropomorphic animals (wolves in this case?) sharing some sort of loving embrace?"

The answer is a resounding yes.

https://theories-of-atlantis.myshopify.com/products/isle-skateboards-sylvain-laric-artist-series-deck
Yea I know what a furry is lol.  The graphic looks like a boxer who got knocked out and is defeated and his homie picking him back up.  I dont see and furry sex.  Like I said tho the dimensions are all to my liking so I'm happy

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2018, 08:15:42 AM »
Isle has the best bbs shapes and highest quality plus they offer

Mobkickflipper

• Rep: -1
  • is this real or is this really real ?
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2018, 04:15:17 PM »
Maybe for kids can be a good idea for a present but there's no way I will spend 100 bucks without knowing what I'm buying most of the time.
I discovered the existence of mistery boxes here in this very thread, i guess Italy is like third world for skateboarding sales.

Tally810

« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2018, 04:49:51 PM »
Maybe for kids can be a good idea for a present but there's no way I will spend 100 bucks without knowing what I'm buying most of the time.
I discovered the existence of mistery boxes here in this very thread, i guess Italy is like third world for skateboarding sales.
I enjoy not knowing what I'm gonna get it's fun and when buying skate shit you are at the very minimum getting a deck in your size and a hoodie in your size.  No real way to lose really.

spanyard

• Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2018, 08:49:55 AM »
Anyone order the primitive box? I've been riding the shane8.125 shape lately and loving it, but wanna make sure it's the 14" wb one they're offering and not the dballz or tx or whoever tf else has a 8.1 with a narrower shape or longer wb.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 08:59:23 AM by spanyard »

Buck Bundy

• Rep: 38
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2018, 09:39:27 PM »
Bought my first mystery box. I was hesitant that I might not like what they gave me as I’m really picky. But I wanted to do something where I was surprised and got some random stuff. I went with the $95 Theoris box and could not be more excited! Highly recommend it if you’re on the fence about getting one!

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2018, 10:06:29 PM »
Bought my first mystery box. I was hesitant that I might not like what they gave me as I’m really picky. But I wanted to do something where I was surprised and got some random stuff. I went with the $95 Theoris box and could not be more excited! Highly recommend it if you’re on the fence about getting one!

Nice. That deck (and Oskar) is sick. At least you didn't get that furry deck, Christ.

Buck Bundy

« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2018, 10:23:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nice. That deck (and Oskar) is sick. At least you didn't get that furry deck, Christ.

I was definitely a little sceptical when I saw that furry deck, but I figure I need to start living dangerously! I really like the Hoodie you got. If you wanna trade for a size L Traffic hoodie, I’m down! Haha!

Tally810

« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2018, 10:44:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I was definitely a little sceptical when I saw that furry deck, but I figure I need to start living dangerously! I really like the Hoodie you got. If you wanna trade for a size L Traffic hoodie, I’m down! Haha!
Lol thanks but i love the hoodie I got it made the box worth it. When my kid opened the box with me she was stoked so im gonna order her a box also.  While the graphic I got isnt my favorite im hyped to skate the isle board.  Not sure how people are seeing furrys, I just see two cartoon characters lol.  Arent furrys people dressed up in animal costumes?

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2018, 11:06:22 PM »
It's actually such a dick move to throw that in a mystery box. Let people buy it fine but c'mon now. Also that guy doesn't really do furry stuff mostly wolf stuff why did he randomely choose that as his skate artwork project board? So odd. Is someone at isle a furry?

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2018, 11:11:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Lol thanks but i love the hoodie I got it made the box worth it. When my kid opened the box with me she was stoked so im gonna order her a box also.  While the graphic I got isnt my favorite im hyped to skate the isle board.  Not sure how people are seeing furrys, I just see two cartoon characters lol.  Arent furrys people dressed up in animal costumes?
Anybody who says they are a furry purely for dressing up is lying. It's all a sexual fetish deep down. I promise those two wolves in that exact style and color are commonly doing other things instead of boxing. 100 percent of the time depicted doing a specific something other than boxing.

Tally810

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2018, 11:37:44 PM »
Hmm weird I see two warriors at battle

« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2018, 11:53:14 PM »
I can't see the facial expression. Is the one lying down injured or upset and he's being consoled? Or is he chillin? Isle are sick and it's still gonna be a sick deck and white is always killer. It's definitely not a sexual graphic I just meant I dunno for a mystery box maybe avoid niche things like that but at the same time the artist collab is a cool surprise though. That artist doesn't usually do furry artwork though all of his stuff looks completely different wolf themed still and really cool stuff but not furry style.

Tally810

« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2018, 12:01:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I can't see the facial expression. Is the one lying down injured or upset and he's being consoled? Or is he chillin? Isle are sick and it's still gonna be a sick deck and white is always killer. It's definitely not a sexual graphic I just meant I dunno for a mystery box maybe avoid niche things like that but at the same time the artist collab is a cool surprise though. That artist doesn't usually do furry artwork though all of his stuff looks completely different wolf themed still and really cool stuff but not furry style.
Yea for sure would have liked a different graphic but to be honest right in the middle of the board where it is will be gone after a few sessions anyway and yea im not really sure what is going on with the furry wolves I was just kidding lol.  Maybe my daughter will get a coller graphic and trade me

« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2018, 12:09:55 AM »
I've divulged an embarassing amount of information about furries and I regret it wholeheartedly. Ignorance is bliss. She'll probably get a cooler graphic.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2018, 04:33:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Yea for sure would have liked a different graphic but to be honest right in the middle of the board where it is will be gone after a few sessions anyway and yea im not really sure what is going on with the furry wolves I was just kidding lol.  Maybe my daughter will get a coller graphic and trade me

Ive been interested in an isle for a while. It probably is a nice deck but damn such a random fucked graphic. Let us know how it is.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 05:28:18 AM by os89 »

sododgy

• Rep: 8
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2018, 08:46:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lol, flurries aren't strictly people in animal costumes breaking each other off. Realistically, all anthropomorphic animals fall in furry territory, and it gives folks into it an out to say "it's not just sexual" even though it's really sexual for most all of them.

Basically, if it's animals that look like people, it's furry territory, even if you don't see throbbing cocks.

Buck Bundy

« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2018, 11:54:53 PM »
So of course right after I buy my first mystery box, Theories comes out with a slightly more expensive one, that comes with so much stuff. I like the deck I got but I’m not married to it. I want to sell it and recoup some cost to put towards the $125 box. I got the Oskar Rozenberg 8x31.875 with a 14.25 wb. Grip included. Looking to get $50 shipped (lower 48). I want to pass along the good price and I think $40 plus $10 for shipping is pretty good. Sorry if this should be in the classifieds section, but I figure more people will be checking this thread. I can’t get a pic to load for some reason, but it’s right above this posts. If anyone is interested, send me a PM. Thanks fellow Slappers!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 11:56:29 PM by Buck Bundy »

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2018, 01:49:42 AM »
So of course right after I buy my first mystery box, Theories comes out with a slightly more expensive one, that comes with so much stuff. I like the deck I got but I’m not married to it. I want to sell it and recoup some cost to put towards the $125 box. I got the Oskar Rozenberg 8x31.875 with a 14.25 wb. Grip included. Looking to get $50 shipped (lower 48). I want to pass along the good price and I think $40 plus $10 for shipping is pretty good. Sorry if this should be in the classifieds section, but I figure more people will be checking this thread. I can’t get a pic to load for some reason, but it’s right above this posts. If anyone is interested, send me a PM. Thanks fellow Slappers!

I talked myself outta the 75 and 95 boxes last week then randomly saw the other day they added the 125 and pulled the trigger. With free shipping too, I couldn’t pass it up.

Impulse bought a 20$ psockadelic mystery 3 pack. Ended up with skating dinosaurs, lightning bolt pizza and demented clown graphics. They fit nice and aren’t too fat/hot so I’m stoked on them.

Buck Bundy

« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2018, 02:26:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I talked myself outta the 75 and 95 boxes last week then randomly saw the other day they added the 125 and pulled the trigger. With free shipping too, I couldn’t pass it up.

Impulse bought a 20$ psockadelic mystery 3 pack. Ended up with skating dinosaurs, lightning bolt pizza and demented clown graphics. They fit nice and aren’t too fat/hot so I’m stoked on them.

If anything, I’ll just end up buying the $125 box next pay day. That’ll be my Christmas presents to myself...”Ended up with skating dinosaurs, lightning bolt pizza and demented clown graphics.” That sounds amazing!!

Pigeon

« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2018, 10:08:22 AM »

You got two pairs of socks! They gave me some wax. The hat was ugly and the hoodie was too small. I’m done with mystery boxes and possibly Theories.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2018, 12:45:26 PM »
Just got my theories box in. I put a note in the comments about having a dog that sheds white so I try staying away from black and they came through. I wish I had gotten the socks and a different shirt, im into the rest though. Excited to try out my first magenta too.

Buck Bundy

« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2018, 03:25:56 PM »

You got two pairs of socks! They gave me some wax. The hat was ugly and the hoodie was too small. I’m done with mystery boxes and possibly Theories.
[/quote]

I actually bought the second pair for $10 ($105 total) and got free shipping (as opposed to the $110 it would of been). I thought for sure I would get wax cause they would have figured out what I did! Man I hate to hear that you were so disappointed with what you got. I was so happy with everything I pulled out of the box. At least you can always try and sell it on eBay/fb/here.

oroku1983

« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2018, 04:01:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Got my theories box and I'm pretty hyped.  Haven't skated an isle deck and the polar hoodie feels like top quality
[close]

[close]
[close]

Furry isn't an artist. He meant "is that two anthropomorphic animals (wolves in this case?) sharing some sort of loving embrace?"

https://theories-of-atlantis.myshopify.com/products/isle-skateboards-sylvain-laric-artist-series-deck
[close]
Yea I know what a furry is lol.  The graphic looks like a boxer who got knocked out and is defeated and his homie picking him back up.  I dont see and furry sex.  Like I said tho the dimensions are all to my liking so I'm happy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH oh you innocent child. There's a reason why nobody bought that fucking deck and why they threw it in a mystery box it's because it's furry art and nobody other than a furry would buy that shit.. Hopefully everyone will be accepting at the park now that you're an out and proud furry LOL.

oroku1983

« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2018, 04:05:38 PM »
That right there is why I'd never buy a mystery box

Tally810

« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2018, 04:08:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH oh you innocent child. There's a reason why nobody bought that fucking deck and why they threw it in a mystery box it's because it's furry art and nobody other than a furry would buy that shit.. Hopefully everyone will be accepting at the park now that you're an out and proud furry LOL.
I don't really care much about my graphic but I did 3 boardslides on a parking block and the graphic is completely gone.  You guys way too serious lol

Pigeon

« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2018, 06:34:04 PM »
Giant Spitfire stickers exist for a reason.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2018, 02:28:08 PM »
Giant Spitfire stickers exist for a reason.

But is that really an improvement?
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

feedmeseymour

« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2018, 06:34:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I roasted my local shop for buying that board, it’s been sitting there collecting dust for quite a while now.