Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 371255 times)

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2018, 11:49:39 AM »

It’s not a good look for skateboarders to be shown backlipping into a female (?) security guard (person of color).
Not with the violent history of backlipping POC in this country

Get the strap

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2018, 12:04:07 PM »
Life threatening injuries...and left unconscious...I really hope a skater didn't hit him in the head with their skateboard.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2018, 12:09:03 PM »
Expand Quote
How many views did Moses Itkonen video part get in 1993? 5,000?
[close]

This is the dumbest thing I've read on here in a while, and competition is fierce.

gave me a good chuckle though. anyway, those old early nineties view counters were buggy as fuck, everybody knows that.

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2018, 12:37:32 PM »
I'd say people have definitely been trying to go viral with the public  violent interactions the last 2 years or so. The people putting their head in the sand are the ones saying it's always been a thing and bring up moses Imo.   Kids imitate the fuk out of all the key chain at the waist bullshit and all the rest of it. I basically agree with the op.

Hate seeing that kind of shit and the morons cheering it on. Violence is never cool.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2018, 12:58:40 PM »
the key chain at the waist bullshit and all the rest of it.

what does that mean?
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2018, 01:18:04 PM »
Expand Quote
I'd say people have definitely been trying to go viral with the public  violent interactions the last 2 years or so. The people putting their head in the sand are the ones saying it's always been a thing and bring up moses Imo.   Kids imitate the fuk out of all the key chain at the waist bullshit and all the rest of it. I basically agree with the op.
[close]

Hate seeing that kind of shit and the morons cheering it on. Violence is never cool.
you’ve obviously never seen commando

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2018, 01:24:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I like the part where Arnold scalps a guy with a saw blade thrown like a frisbee, and the chops of another dudes arm with a machete.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2018, 01:34:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is the dumbest thing I've read on here in a while, and competition is fierce.

masterful trolling

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2018, 01:39:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
I like the part where Arnold scalps a guy with a saw blade thrown like a frisbee, and the chops of another dudes arm with a machete.

https://motorhomerocks.bandcamp.com/album/commando-7

(shameless plug)
SPB!

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2018, 04:10:14 PM »
I blame Marilyn Manson and violent video games

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2018, 05:22:06 PM »
I blame Marilyn Manson and violent video games

you should sue Judas Priest

JosephSmith

• Rep: 49
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2018, 05:45:52 PM »
When I play the GX videos backwards, I feel the urge to commit acts of violence.

ManMelt

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2018, 05:53:48 PM »
The Security Guard’s middle initial is K, he smokes Kools, and he was eating a Kitkat. K=11, 11+11+11=33.

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2018, 06:04:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've experienced many altercations with security over the years as I'm sure most of us have. I have never seen one escalate to physical violence unless the security guard overstepped his boundaries and got physical first. I assume there are cameras all over that block so the truth will come out. Either way its sad to see anyone carried away in a stretcher no matter what the circumstances and this heat certainly won't bode well for skateboarding in SF although I'm kinda sick of seeing that spot anyway. I'm also not going to pretend that its not very possible this guard had it coming to him.

I couple years ago I was sitting on a some stairs leading into a plaza shooting a photo and a guard told me to leave, I didn't even have a board and my friend wasn't even skating on the property he was on the public sidewalk I was just sitting there to get a low angle. I took one last shot and she got in my face yelling and hitting me in the face with some rolled up papers so I pushed them out of my face and said I'm leaving. As I walked away she ran full speed and pushed me from behind I had a lens in my pocket and fell on it and really fucked up my thigh...had she not been a female that easily could've escalated. Some of these guards are fucked up.
[close]

Honestly at that point it’s self defense, you could’ve fought back. Should have at least sued for the damage to yourself and Lens as she assaulted you and if the companies big enough you could’ve made a killing. Good on you for putting principle first though.
[close]

Well my lens was ok, it didn't get damaged as it was an all metal lens from the 1980s. All I could think of was this psycho woman saying that I assaulted her first and the cops taking her word over mine and then being fucked so I just got out of there.

A wise move

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2018, 07:00:40 PM »
most incidents with security have been pretty mature and civil "hey you cannot skate here sorry" and we'll bounce and come back later ... But there sometimes security personal think they can be assholes to young people

I had once incident where i was with a fellow SLAPPAL at the UC Berkeley campus - we were cruising around and a campus security came and attempted to kick us out. My friend knowing the rules, in a mature civil manner told her that we can freely roam the campus until midnight, she asked if we're students and my friend also told her that regardless of that the campus rules state anyone is allowed to be on the campus grounds til midnight. She coulda simply told us "please don't skate " rather than approach us with "your skateboarding now I'm kicking you out" ... fuck those kinda ppl who make things more difficult than they need to be

Ironically im now living in South China where the security and police are SUPER FUCKING RELAXED (we do get kicked out of spots unlike what the skate videos show)  and don't take the job so personal and aren't territorial like Western security personnel.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2018, 07:15:13 PM »
I had once incident where i was with a fellow SLAPPAL at the UC Berkeley campus - we were cruising around and a campus security came and attempted to kick us out. My friend knowing the rules, in a mature civil manner told her that we can freely roam the campus until midnight, she asked if we're students and my friend also told her that regardless of that the campus rules state anyone is allowed to be on the campus grounds til midnight. She coulda simply told us "please don't skate " rather than approach us with "your skateboarding now I'm kicking you out" ... fuck those kinda ppl who make things more difficult than they need to be

As someone who has been kicked of of UC Berkeley campus many times for skating and has also gotten ticketed there, I can assure you that those are most likely UC Berkeley Police Officers and not security guards (same with BART). They have guns, can arrest you, and, like all cops, can do whatever they want more or less and there isn't much in the moment you can do about it.

I'm shocked they didn't respond well to your friend proclaiming he knew the rules. Cops usually respect stuff like that.

That being said, watch out, SF. All security and cops are going to way overreact to skating for a while.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

billyerlife

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2018, 07:45:17 PM »
So Nike makes the best shoe, we should give security guards the benefit of the doubt, and women skaters are still only relevant based on how attractive they are. Am I all caught up on my Slap bullshit now?

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2018, 08:11:07 PM »
Before GX, skaters NEVER before had done squabbled with security guards. SHAME ON YOU GX!
Before GX, you'd never see a "skater vs security" video on youtube. Terrible roll models

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2018, 08:32:15 PM »
too thin

ShitNuts

• Rep: -2
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2018, 08:45:17 PM »
I'm not watching anymore GX videos until they address this glaring issue and remove all anti security guard propaganda from their previous releases.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2018, 09:06:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

As someone who has been kicked of of UC Berkeley campus many times for skating and has also gotten ticketed there, I can assure you that those are most likely UC Berkeley Police Officers and not security guards (same with BART). They have guns, can arrest you, and, like all cops, can do whatever they want more or less and there isn't much in the moment you can do about it.

I'm shocked they didn't respond well to your friend proclaiming he knew the rules. Cops usually respect stuff like that.

That being said, watch out, SF. All security and cops are going to way overreact to skating for a while.

UCPD is really hit or miss. Many of the younger officers don't care about skating at all, and only politely ask you to leave if they've been called. Some of the other officers seem to really enjoy going out of their way to give skaters a hard time. Tickets are rare but certainly are given out from time to time, especially if the cop had a bad day and you didn't treat them like royalty.

They do however seem to be prejudiced against non students despite there being no legal precedent. We've been caught skating the parking lots at night by UCPD, and the nicer cops will let us keep skating once they find out we are students (usually will insist of checking IDs because they never believe us). Seems kind of hypocritical for cops and security guards of all people to treat people differently based on their perceived level of education.

Anyway, this whole situation is fucked, wonder what the full story is.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 09:12:16 PM by tzhangdox »

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2018, 04:55:37 AM »
Beating people up is not cool (duh), be they guards or skaters, although I'm pretty sure the guards do the vast majority of the beating. But it seems weird to blame the GX dudes for this specifically, they strike me as a rather respectful bunch, all things considered. The back lip to security guard was clearly an accident.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2018, 07:04:53 AM »

Amount of views in 93 are directly correlated to pant size
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2018, 07:59:46 AM »
2018 = Threads being started on slap board to cry out injustice for over zealous security guards which we've all dealt with. You get what you give.......... Street Justice.

Shuh

• Rep: 5
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2018, 08:34:12 AM »
So Nike makes the best shoe, we should give security guards the benefit of the doubt, and women skaters are still only relevant based on how attractive they are. Am I all caught up on my Slap bullshit now?

Hey.... Energy Drinks makes you skate handrails better.

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2018, 09:39:18 AM »
When I play the GX videos backwards, I feel the urge to commit acts of violence.

You're not alone, I too hate skating uphill.

Pinky..Tus.. Cadero

• Rep: -1
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2018, 03:32:11 PM »
If there isn't some detail like this guy slipped while chasing someone and hit his head, this is fucked.  When it goes from arguing over whether you should be kicked out to someone ending up in critical condition I think its fair to say this shit is stupid.  Try telling this persons family it was "street justice".   Or maybe I am wrong and that clip was gonna be fire and they would understand.

SubCurban Commando

• Rep: 16
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2018, 03:46:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Stop getting Arnold wrong!

TD

• Rep: -2
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2018, 05:21:40 AM »
The Security Guard’s middle initial is K, he smokes Kools, and he was eating a Kitkat. K=11, 11+11+11=33.

33rd degree krooked grind

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2018, 05:32:51 AM »
Some definitely glorify it. Those fucking hi-jinx kids or whoever suplexed that guy, few years ago those white kids beat down a black security guard at LOVE calling him the n word and such. GX are the shit but their early videos are full of blowing spots, fucking with security.

We just need a spotlight like Batman's of Vallely's helmet and he can come beat up the ones who deserve it