Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 371279 times)

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2018, 09:03:04 PM »
oh fuck, that's no good man. assault with a deadly weapon/premeditated murder are definitely not mellow charges obviously. also, with that first charge comes the assumption that he more than likely truck bashed the dude which is really fucked up. from getting your first thrasher cover/last trick in the craziest video of the year to most likely prison time in a matter of months... shit really went downhill quick for this guy.

(downhill pun just to kind of lighten the heaviness in here)

dammnnnnn those are three heavy charges...
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

tkp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2018, 09:09:40 PM »
Fuck, major bummer.

"The person named in this listing has only been arrested on suspicion of the crime indicated and is presumed innocent." - Let's hope for the best.

PC 245(a)(1) reads: "Any person who commits an assault upon the person of another with a deadly weapon or instrument other than a firearm shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for two, three, or four years, or in a county jail for not exceeding one year, or by a fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars ($10,000), or by both the fine and imprisonment."
https://www.shouselaw.com/assault-weapon.html

Edit - Dropped:
Under Penal Code 664/187, California law defines "attempted murder" as when you (1) intend to kill someone and (2) take a "direct step" towards killing that person, but he or she does not die. "Attempted first-degree murder" carries a life sentence (with the possibility of parole, as determined by the California Board of Parole Hearings); otherwise the sentencing range is generally 5 to 9 years in state prison.
https://www.shouselaw.com/attempted-murder.html

« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 01:31:57 PM by tkp »

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2018, 09:19:25 PM »
Damn. OP indirectly called it from the start with the gx1000 talk. And then everyone jumped to defending the GX crew saying there’s no way this could relate to one of them.
hey i think we can all agree this is more pizza skateboards fault than anything

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2018, 09:30:46 PM »
What a bummer. He was an instant favorite after watching Roll Up. Hope the security guard is doing okay.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2018, 09:31:23 PM »
Expand Quote
oh fuck, that's no good man. assault with a deadly weapon/premeditated murder are definitely not mellow charges obviously. also, with that first charge comes the assumption that he more than likely truck bashed the dude which is really fucked up. from getting your first thrasher cover/last trick in the craziest video of the year to most likely prison time in a matter of months... shit really went downhill quick for this guy.

(downhill pun just to kind of lighten the heaviness in here)
[close]

dammnnnnn those are three heavy charges...

holy fuck that is a buck list of charges..

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2018, 09:35:16 PM »
For what it's worth, I'd be shocked if "premeditated murder" sticks.

Coolhats

« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2018, 09:39:12 PM »

Yeah, that one is a definite stretch. I’d like to assume that all of this is in some sort of self defense but I guess we won’t know until this all goes to trial.

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2018, 09:46:56 PM »
Sounds like jail time. Probably plead out to reduced sentence but doubt they drop those charges without witnesses. Bummer.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2018, 09:47:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, that one is a definite stretch. I’d like to assume that all of this is in some sort of self defense but I guess we won’t know until this all goes to trial.
my question is this.. if he was charged with 'premeditated murder' then does that mean this dude is dead? can you get charged with murder if the person doesn't doesn't die? wouldn't it be 'aggravated assault' or 'attempted murder'? i hope the dude isn't dead but, that kind of makes me a bit nervous. also, the original link said he was in critical condition so... i don't wanna assume the worst but, it definitely makes you wonder, doesn't it?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2018, 09:52:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
my question is this.. if he was charged with 'premeditated murder' then does that mean this dude is dead? can you get charged with murder if the person doesn't doesn't die? wouldn't it be 'aggravated assault' or 'attempted murder'? i hope the dude isn't dead but, that kind of makes me a bit nervous. also, the original link said he was in critical condition so... i don't wanna assume the worst but, it definitely makes you wonder, doesn't it?
It's "Attempted Willful / Deliberate / Premeditated Murder," so the dude is still alive. It's a tough charge to make stick because you have to prove the defendant actually went to the location with the already-thought-out intent to murder. "Aggravated Assault" is usually an easier charge to make stick with similar penalties.

Not sure what the difference is between "Assault w/Deadly Weapon Or Assault w/Force Likely To Produce GBI" and "Assault w/Deadly Weapon Likely To Produce GBI," unless this dude is being charged with assaulting two different security guards... or is being charged for using his board and just his fists?

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2018, 09:58:31 PM »
i clicked on this thread thinking, goddamn, we're still talking about this? but these charges are uh....really bad

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

tkp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2018, 10:02:46 PM »
From SF Sheriff's department. No 664/187 listed as a charge.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 01:46:27 PM by tkp »

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2018, 10:03:41 PM »
If the guard was put in critical condition due to an assault, these are charges that would reflect that. Circumstances still matter and they often overcharge in order to end up with lesser pleas. Really depends on how strong the case is. Be very surprised if it wasn't all captured on security video.

BayZ

• Rep: -6
« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2018, 10:09:37 PM »
Honestly this fucking sucks for everybody involved.. we play with a fucking wooden toy for fucks sake.. isn't this a little crazy for both sides? For us as skaters to get so upset that someone won't let us play on our wooden toy on their property, then to go as far as too almost ending someone's life is absolutely ridiculous. And for security guards to get so upset that they'll get into an altercation over a skater slightly fucking up someone else's property. I have sympathy for both people involved, I hope the security guard is okay and I hope that whoever did such a horrible act gets help. This sucks for skateboarders overall...This would be a great thing for Thrasher, Supreme, or Gx1000 to speak out against and raise awareness over, but they probably won't due to the fact their whole marketing strategy is glorifying this unneeded bullshit violence. I really have respect for all companies listed, but I do wish that our community could grow up and act like adults sometimes.

HisDudest

• Rep: -140
« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2018, 10:17:59 PM »
In all honesty he fuckin deserved it

sphincterparty

• Rep: -5
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2018, 10:20:01 PM »
well it definitely wasn't gx

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2018, 10:45:50 PM »

"The person named in this listing has only been arrested on suspicion of the crime indicated and is presumed innocent." - Let's hope for the best.

True. If there is suspicion, it must have something to do with this post, but let's hope he's innocent
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqIpc28lsF6/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2018, 11:30:20 PM »
i could see that

shitty all around, if he did it, gotta pay for that level of completely unacceptable behavior
:) I must have been tripping last night

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2018, 11:55:02 PM »
pizza has a rapist and possible murderer on their team. hardest team/modern day menace.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

C. R. E. A. M

• Rep: -74
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2018, 12:38:32 AM »
100,000 bond is really low for those charges..that's a good sign meaning there over charging him now to plead out to lesser charge later.. He might get a year..drunk drivers only get 4 years for killing someone

Dernpop1

« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2018, 04:12:49 AM »
100,000 bond is really low for those charges..that's a good sign meaning there over charging him now to plead out to lesser charge later.. He might get a year..drunk drivers only get 4 years for killing someone
  very true he will plead down to these charges but he's definitely going to do some time. Sucks to be him.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2018, 05:34:48 AM »
Obviously overshot charges but damn this isn't gonna end well. Hopefully someone filmed the thing or security cameras caught something so they can know what lead to the assault. But using your board to hit someone in the head is unacceptable in any situation unless the other person is seriously threatening a life. Full kook move fuck that guy

Pigeon

« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2018, 05:41:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
True. If there is suspicion, it must have something to do with this post, but let's hope he's innocent
The security guard got beaten up on November 27, and this is from November 13. This is most likely from someone getting hurt. There’s no blood on either truck.

Is there any proof that it’s from beating the security guard and not some other incident?

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2018, 06:03:42 AM »
Obviously overshot charges but damn this isn't gonna end well. Hopefully someone filmed the thing or security cameras caught something so they can know what lead to the assault. But using your board to hit someone in the head is unacceptable in any situation unless the other person is seriously threatening a life. Full kook move fuck that guy

Fully agree but has it been established that this is what happened here?

tkp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2018, 06:33:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nope, people are just jumping to conclusions that a skater saw a security guard and out of nowhere just decided to attack him. Are people forgetting about the countless times authorities overstep their power? It seems unnecessary to remind people that cops and security guards get away with assaulting and murdering innocent people.

I've met Jesse a few times in the streets. He's always been kind, calm and if I remember correctly doesn't even drink (memory is iffy on this one). We have no idea what really went down that day which led to this altercation. Yes, it sucks for everyone involved, but there are still so many details left out.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 07:06:51 AM by tkp »

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2018, 07:42:58 AM »
using your board to hit someone in the head is unacceptable in any situation unless the other person is seriously threatening a life. Full kook move fuck that guy

Yeah, that's seriously pushing it. What the fuck is wrong with people?
wash uffize drive me to firenze

fongool

• Rep: 94
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2018, 08:11:37 AM »
I wonder how they IDed him -- that initial news report implied the only lead they had was just "reports of skateboarders in the area". There's no doubt the whole thing was caught on the building's surveillance cameras but even I can barely tell the GX guys apart.

"Premeditated" will only stick if they can prove he came to the premises specifically to assault the guard.

Pretty dark situation all around.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2018, 10:28:34 AM »
Fuck this is a bummer for everyone involved. Hopefully this gets sorted out properly with the facts, rather then authority putting all the blame onto the skateboarder. Hope the security guard doesn't have any lasting damage.

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2018, 10:49:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Nope, people are just jumping to conclusions that a skater saw a security guard and out of nowhere just decided to attack him. Are people forgetting about the countless times authorities overstep their power? It seems unnecessary to remind people that cops and security guards get away with assaulting and murdering innocent people.

I've met Jesse a few times in the streets. He's always been kind, calm and if I remember correctly doesn't even drink (memory is iffy on this one). We have no idea what really went down that day which led to this altercation. Yes, it sucks for everyone involved, but there are still so many details left out.

Ok, thanks tkp for clearing it up. So maybe we (as community) should wait before judging someone based on imagination. Hope the situation clears up soon,  I feel bad for both parties.

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2018, 12:13:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
The security guard got beaten up on November 27, and this is from November 13. This is most likely from someone getting hurt. There’s no blood on either truck.

Is there any proof that it’s from beating the security guard and not some other incident?
I didn't think about the dates, good catch. I knew it's not from that but I'm saying when investigating this case, it isn't good that this is one of the last things he's posted, even though it's from a completely different time. I'm on the side hoping Jesse is innocent. I've never met him but mutual friends of mine know him well and talk nothing but good about him