Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 371273 times)

Trickflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2018, 12:14:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

"The person named in this listing has only been arrested on suspicion of the crime indicated and is presumed innocent." - Let's hope for the best.

[close]
True. If there is suspicion, it must have something to do with this post, but let's hope he's innocent
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqIpc28lsF6/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
[close]
You really need to get your shit together - did make any effort to validate your crackpot theory before you posted this bullshit? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Calm down Jesse I didn't say that's actual evidence. I'm on your side man

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2018, 12:40:42 PM »
I'm curious as to how the SF police came to their conclusion. They have had facial recognition systems since 2010. Not to mention there are ways law enforcement can get their hands on cell phone location data for a particular area at a particular time.

Lots of cameras all over downtown = lots of eyes on you.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 12:43:37 PM by tkp »

GollyIamGully

• Rep: -8
« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2018, 12:58:56 PM »
Damn. Time to get a real job.

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2018, 01:23:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Obviously overshot charges but damn this isn't gonna end well. Hopefully someone filmed the thing or security cameras caught something so they can know what lead to the assault. But using your board to hit someone in the head is unacceptable in any situation unless the other person is seriously threatening a life. Full kook move fuck that guy
[close]

Fully agree but has it been established that this is what happened here?
[close]

Nope, people are just jumping to conclusions that a skater saw a security guard and out of nowhere just decided to attack him. Are people forgetting about the countless times authorities overstep their power? It seems unnecessary to remind people that cops and security guards get away with assaulting and murdering innocent people.

I've met Jesse a few times in the streets. He's always been kind, calm and if I remember correctly doesn't even drink (memory is iffy on this one). We have no idea what really went down that day which led to this altercation. Yes, it sucks for everyone involved, but there are still so many details left out.

I don't want to say you're wrong but I think you are over glorifying security guards as authoritarian figures. I wholeheartedly agree with you that cops often overstep their power especially dealing with POC who are being profiled/targeted. Sure some security guards act like assholes too but skateboarders willingly put themselves into these situations. So I can sometimes empathize with the frustration of being a security guard. Imagine being paid jackshit in one of the most expensive cities in the US to which you were priced out of. Then having to commute an hour or hour and a half to a low paying job just to kick out skateboarders off of private property. That would suck. I'm sure security could care less about skateboarding but the possibility of being reprimanded for not doing so, could put them at risk for losing their job.

So a skateboarder who feels entitled to skate on the premises refuses to leave and makes a low-wage earning security guard's job more frustrating? Seems lame to me.

Don't get me wrong. There was a time in my life where I would run around a security guard or beg just to get another try. Now I just have to let that shit go. Yes, to us skateboarders it is "just skateboarding" it isn't a big deal so we expect other people to not get worked up over it. But can't the same saying go both ways? It is after all "just skateboarding" and it shouldn't be taken seriously. If someone asks you to split, well then, on to the next spot, go grab a coffee, go to the park, go home and cry about it, go anywhere but there. Shit come back another day even. It's not worth stressing out someone who is literally just scraping by a measly living.

Sure I'll still  take a stab at a spot that say's "No Skateboarding" or one that has a security guard but if someone comes out and asks me to leave, I'll always politely say "yes" and go. No if's and or buts. That isn't because I feel obligated to treat them as an authority but because I understand they are doing a thankless, shitty, job.

I'm sure if you had an asshole come into your work and refuse to quite being an asshole you'd get up in arms about it too.

For posterity's sake, I hope that Jesse was acting in self-defense

Go ahead kook me for this but I'm sure a lot of older heads feel me on this.

Here Come The Lame Jets

GollyIamGully

« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2018, 01:33:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Obviously overshot charges but damn this isn't gonna end well. Hopefully someone filmed the thing or security cameras caught something so they can know what lead to the assault. But using your board to hit someone in the head is unacceptable in any situation unless the other person is seriously threatening a life. Full kook move fuck that guy
[close]

Fully agree but has it been established that this is what happened here?
[close]

Nope, people are just jumping to conclusions that a skater saw a security guard and out of nowhere just decided to attack him. Are people forgetting about the countless times authorities overstep their power? It seems unnecessary to remind people that cops and security guards get away with assaulting and murdering innocent people.

I've met Jesse a few times in the streets. He's always been kind, calm and if I remember correctly doesn't even drink (memory is iffy on this one). We have no idea what really went down that day which led to this altercation. Yes, it sucks for everyone involved, but there are still so many details left out.
[close]

I don't want to say you're wrong but I think you are over glorifying security guards as authoritarian figures. I wholeheartedly agree with you that cops often overstep their power especially dealing with POC who are being profiled/targeted. Sure some security guards act like assholes too but skateboarders willingly put themselves into these situations. So I can sometimes empathize with the frustration of being a security guard. Imagine being paid jackshit in one of the most expensive cities in the US to which you were priced out of. Then having to commute an hour or hour and a half to a low paying job just to kick out skateboarders off of private property. That would suck. I'm sure security could care less about skateboarding but the possibility of being reprimanded for not doing so, could put them at risk for losing their job.

So a skateboarder who feels entitled to skate on the premises refuses to leave and makes a low-wage earning security guard's job more frustrating? Seems lame to me.

Don't get me wrong. There was a time in my life where I would run around a security guard or beg just to get another try. Now I just have to let that shit go. Yes, to us skateboarders it is "just skateboarding" it isn't a big deal so we expect other people to not get worked up over it. But can't the same saying go both ways? It is after all "just skateboarding" and it shouldn't be taken seriously. If someone asks you to split, well then, on to the next spot, go grab a coffee, go to the park, go home and cry about it, go anywhere but there. Shit come back another day even. It's not worth stressing out someone who is literally just scraping by a measly living.

Sure I'll still  take a stab at a spot that say's "No Skateboarding" or one that has a security guard but if someone comes out and asks me to leave, I'll always politely say "yes" and go. No if's and or buts. That isn't because I feel obligated to treat them as an authority but because I understand they are doing a thankless, shitty, job.

I'm sure if you had an asshole come into your work and refuse to quite being an asshole you'd get up in arms about it too.

Seems a lot like they should get a better fucking job.

RIDEFLANNELV2

« Reply #125 on: December 16, 2018, 01:55:34 PM »
^Easier said than done and congrats for living on easy street.

Here Come The Lame Jets

GollyIamGully

« Reply #126 on: December 16, 2018, 02:07:05 PM »
There are a lot of shitty, thankless jobs for the uneducated or unskilled of this world, that dont involve being a cunt.

Mobkickflipper

• Rep: -1
  • is this real or is this really real ?
« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2018, 02:08:15 PM »

I can totally understand your point of view as something similar happened to me yesterday.
We were skating a ledge in front of a small complex of shops.
A security guard came to kick us out just because he was told to, he clearly said "Listen, I don't care at all if you skate here, but the shops owners are demanding that I kick you out as you disturb their customers. I don't mind you at all, but if I don't do it then they will ask someone else to do my job and I'll get fired. Please leave, otherwise I'll be forced to call the cops."
What should we do?
We just agreed and left, maybe we'll be back another time with another security guard, but I don't feel to act like an ass when someone explains his reasons and ask politely.
I understand more the point of view of someone who as a job at stake, a thing that in my 20s I just couldn't grasp.

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2018, 04:03:25 PM »
There are a lot of shitty, thankless jobs for the uneducated or unskilled of this world, that dont involve being a cunt.
You mad security ruined your mobbed 3 stair kick flip in front of the local hair salon? Who’s the cunt? Have some empathy for people just trying to get by.

Pigeon

« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2018, 04:27:08 PM »
I talked to an Allied Security person and they supposedly get paid almost double of whatever minimum wage is. Plus, they get paid weekly, and you only get drug tested once. Apparently, the synthetic piss from smoke shops works.

RIDEFLANNELV2

« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2018, 04:47:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I talked to an Allied Security person and they supposedly get paid almost double of whatever minimum wage is. Plus, they get paid weekly, and you only get drug tested once. Apparently, the synthetic piss from smoke shops works.

Yay....oh' yes sign me up! Double the federal minimum wage! I can surely live a great life and let people walk all over me.  ::)

Here Come The Lame Jets

GollyIamGully

« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2018, 04:54:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You mad security ruined your mobbed 3 stair kick flip in front of the local hair salon? Who’s the cunt? Have some empathy for people just trying to get by.

A 3 stair? I dont know who you think I am, but I'm not pro. Seriously though, shooing people away for rich people is the job of a cunt. Its the grown up equivalent of wanting to be hall monitor. Sorry if it bothers you.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 04:57:16 PM by GollyIamGully »

Kill_Yourself_Now

« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2018, 05:18:07 PM »
It's all fun and games when it's just talking shit about skateboarding, but in this case, you are fucking with someone's life. Someone who doesn't skate Googles the incident and sees that post out of context and might be dumb enough to believe that clip really shows the aftermath of someone being attacked with a skateboard.

I know I'm new here, but can someone clarify where SLAP draws lines?  Seems that sometimes it's okay to post 20 page threads with wild accusations and speculations that could fuck up someone's life or career but other times it's not.  It's all so confusing.  There needs to be a rulebook.

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #133 on: December 16, 2018, 05:24:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

A 3 stair? I dont know who you think I am, but I'm not pro. Seriously though, shooing people away for rich people is the job of a cunt. Its the grown up equivalent of wanting to be hall monitor. Sorry if it bothers you.
Enlighten me then, who are you?

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2018, 07:11:05 PM »
hey everybody getting on their moral highhorse, talking about "unnaceptable behaviour," if you've never had to hit anybody and hope they didn't get up then count yourself lucky and don't act like you know

GollyIamGully

« Reply #136 on: December 16, 2018, 07:11:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Enlighten me then, who are you?

Someone who isnt naive enough to think that this was some poor blue collar soul who was just scraping by in life, trying to politely ask someone to come back later, and was attacked by a gang of skateboarders unprovoked..
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 07:14:07 PM by GollyIamGully »

RIDEFLANNELV2

« Reply #137 on: December 16, 2018, 07:24:10 PM »
hey everybody getting on their moral highhorse, talking about "unnaceptable behaviour," if you've never had to hit anybody and hope they didn't get up then count yourself lucky and don't act like you know

You're right. I've never willingly put myself into an unlawful situation where I felt obligated to defend my life. I'm not going to go onto someone else's property to "do my work" and expect them to "get my drift".

Imagine someone storms into your kitchen to use your spatula for handboarding or something stupid.

I'm not saying it's okay. I'm not condoning violence but let's not act like we don't get ourselves into these situations as streetskateboarders.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 07:52:00 PM by RIDEFLANNELV2 »

Here Come The Lame Jets

GollyIamGully

« Reply #138 on: December 16, 2018, 07:42:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You're right. I've never willingly put myself into an unlawful situation where I felt obligated to defend my life. I'm not going to go onto someone else's property to "do my work" and expect them to "get my drift".

Imagine someone storms into your kitchen to use your spatula for handboarding or something stupid.

I'm not saying it's okay. I'm not condoning violence but let's not act like we don't get ourselves into these situations as streetateboarders.

Except it isnt like storming into someone's kitchen. Its exactly like some kids skateboarding outside of the financial institution that you work on the 6th floor of.

RIDEFLANNELV2

« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2018, 07:54:30 PM »
Legally it's relative and the non-violence reproach is always the answer. So where do we go from here?

Here Come The Lame Jets

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #140 on: December 16, 2018, 08:15:15 PM »
So Nike makes the best shoe, we should give security guards the benefit of the doubt, and women skaters are still only relevant based on how attractive they are. Am I all caught up on my Slap bullshit now?
And fred gall shoukd ride for krooked

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2018, 08:15:36 PM »
Legally it's relative and the non-violence reproach is always the answer. So where do we go from here?

It's somewhere between SLAP is poosey and ayyyee.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #142 on: December 16, 2018, 08:36:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You're right. I've never willingly put myself into an unlawful situation where I felt obligated to defend my life.

and what makes you think that this person felt any differently, other than an inflated sense of your own intelligence and morality?

RIDEFLANNELV2

« Reply #143 on: December 16, 2018, 08:50:24 PM »
Please, explain this to me clearer. For context what I was alluding to was someone trespassing (knowingly and willingly) who decided to stay beyond there welcome and then strike someone.

Don't know how this can be misconstrued. Please let met know what I'm missing?

Here Come The Lame Jets

Brguy

« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2018, 08:53:17 PM »
I'm the only one thinking this might be bullshit? They said skaters where seen coming out of the spot, but how long after the guy was on the ground? Did they even see the security guard laying around or were they just passing by? Did they even try to wake up the guy to ask who did this?

RIDEFLANNELV2

« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2018, 09:04:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

You're right. I've never willingly put myself into an unlawful situation where I felt obligated to defend my life.
[close]

and what makes you think that this person felt any differently, other than an inflated sense of your own intelligence and morality?

This has has nothing to do with me or my sense of morality. We can both assume the culprit knew the consequences of skating on the property. That's what makes street skateboarding interesting.

I don't have the energy to argue this. I'm just saying that skateboarders maybe need to chill a little bit. It's just SKATEBOARINDG. Cry me a river if you get kicked out.

That's life. Wah, wah.

Here Come The Lame Jets

window

• Rep: -9
« Reply #146 on: December 16, 2018, 09:08:55 PM »
its a fun idea to punch niggas in the face like batman but that shit hurts people no more throwing fist unless I have to kill. go thru u with weapon hands too much smoke, hit ninja star from distance

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #147 on: December 16, 2018, 09:19:33 PM »
its a fun idea to punch niggas in the face like batman but that shit hurts people no more throwing fist unless I have to kill. go thru u with weapon hands too much smoke, hit ninja star from distance

what the fuck??? english??

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #148 on: December 16, 2018, 09:27:06 PM »

/thread

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #149 on: December 16, 2018, 11:26:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

what the fuck??? english??