Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 371305 times)

Monkey_Mcpott

Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2018, 04:57:04 PM »
Like its been said, the whole thing is fucked. There has been a lot of security altercations on skate clips lately from my recollection. The most vivid one was that Hijinx unlimited video that pizza face kid made. Kids are dumb and do stupid things but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be any repercussions when things go awry. I honestly am surprised nothing like this has happened before given that security guards are always depicted as enemies from the get-go even though all they are doing is their job, its sad. Most skaters are smarter than this and have a bit more sympathy towards them and like most I keep it moving when it gets close to an altercations. Its not even worth it. After looking up the victim he seems like a wholesome guy who loves to fish and has his own YouTube channel. As much as his close friends want to stick up for him (As friends should do) asking to free him would be going the wrong way about this, Unfortunately this needed to happen eventually for us to get a serious reality check.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_abqPEQWgM

mtvic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2018, 05:03:49 PM »
Expand Quote
You guys saying he didn’t deserve a hard punch astonish me. Have you never been beat up or jumped?  In the moment of a fight often people resort to fight or flight tactics, which is likely what happened here. If the security guard punched or grabbed Jesse and he hit him in the right spot at the right time then it’s very feasible that the security guard would have been knocked unconscious and hit his head on the ground. This happens. Self defense is legitimate and exists in a court of law for a reason. What sucks is to see skaters jump to conclusions based off of very little evidence, and more evidence will come. I imagine some of you never grew up street skating, as if you had you would know very well the problem with over zealous security starting fights with us (especially in sf) and how these things happen. Again I say free Jesse and give this man his due process before jumping the gun.
[close]

Even if the security guard was out of line and pushed or grabbed someone, I still doubt it would help the skaters chances in court too much since they were probably told to leave multiple times before shit went down. I don't think it counts as self defense if you purposefully get into a fight with someone. And it's a 60yr old vs. eight young adults. Also them just apparently fleeing the scene without calling an ambulance will probably get used against them too.

I'm not judging Vieira yet since no evidence has come to public. It could've been just a light push where the dude tripped and hit his head which is just unfortunate, or it could've been multiple hits on the head with a board which is completely fucked up on every level. But from the court point of view, he did a violent act that led to serious head trauma, so his chances aren't looking too good
You’re not judging?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2018, 05:18:16 PM »
Like its been said, the whole thing is fucked. There has been a lot of security altercations on skate clips lately from my recollection. The most vivid one was that Hijinx unlimited video that pizza face kid made. Kids are dumb and do stupid things but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be any repercussions when things go awry. I honestly am surprised nothing like this has happened before given that security guards are always depicted as enemies from the get-go even though all they are doing is their job, its sad. Most skaters are smarter than this and have a bit more sympathy towards them and like most I keep it moving when it gets close to an altercations. Its not even worth it. After looking up the victim he seems like a wholesome guy who loves to fish and has his own YouTube channel. As much as his close friends want to stick up for him (As friends should do) asking to free him would be going the wrong way about this, Unfortunately this needed to happen eventually for us to get a serious reality check.

Truly a terrible situation. This guy will need to learn to talk and walk again if he's lucky enough to be able to recover at all. No one deserves this trying to do his job. Unless this guy is new to working Black Rock, most of the GX guys had to have encountered him on some level before, and to flee leaving him with a serious brain injury on the ground is fucked.

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2018, 05:28:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Truly a terrible situation. This guy will need to learn to talk and walk again if he's lucky enough to be able to recover at all. No one deserves this trying to do his job. Unless this guy is new to working Black Rock, most of the GX guys had to have encountered him on some level before, and to flee leaving him with a serious brain injury on the ground is fucked.

News article said he'd worked there for ten years. I hope the victim makes a full recovery but I fear he's probably been robbed of his golden years.

Here Come The Lame Jets

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #244 on: December 18, 2018, 06:03:34 PM »
matt finley just posted this on his instagram story

Then Matt Finley is a fucking idiot and a coward like his buddy that's sitting in jail. And fuck you too mtvic, you fucking kook. You'd be singing a different tune if that was your old man laid up in the hospital from these cowards.

Really disappointing to see some of those suspects. Even if they had nothing to do with it, total bummer.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 06:28:43 PM by heritage »

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #245 on: December 18, 2018, 06:07:22 PM »
Just chiming back in here to say I've run into a handful of security guards in downtown SF who have threatened me and my friends with physical violence if we didn't leave immediately. There was no calm approach to us, it was pretty much straight out the gates they were ready to tackle us, punch us, taze us, or do whatever else was possible to physically stop us from rolling around.

I've had guards come at me and get up in my face literally spitting saying anything they could to provoke me in hopes I reacted violently so they could flex.

I'm guessing no one else remembers the time the security guard in Portland hit a skater in the head with a skateboard? What would you do if that was your friend getting hit or assaulted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH0iWDcLuns

Do you all really think a guy who has been dealing with skateboarders at a spot for 10 years would approach them in a cool and calm manner? I feel like at that point security would resort to more and more extreme measures.

I also need to point out at The Dolores Hill Bomb 2 years ago, a cop nearly killed a kid and he didn't go over to the kid to see if he was all right. He just walked the fuck away.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 06:27:17 PM by tkp »

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #246 on: December 18, 2018, 06:29:41 PM »
Just chiming back in here to say I've run into a handful of security guards in downtown SF who have threatened me and my friends with physical violence if we didn't leave immediately. There was no calm approach to us, it was pretty much straight out the gates they were ready to tackle us, punch us, taze us, or do whatever else was possible to physically stop us from rolling around.

I've had guards come at me and get up in my face literally spitting saying anything they could to provoke me in hopes I reacted violently so they could flex.

I'm guessing no one else remembers the time the security guard in Portland literally hit a skater in the head with a skateboard? What would you do if that was your friend getting hit or assaulted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH0iWDcLuns

Do you all really think a guy who has been dealing with skateboarders at a spot for 10 years would approach them in a cool and calm manner? I feel like at that point security would resort to more and more extreme measures.

I also need to point out at The Dolores Hill Bomb 2 years ago, a cop nearly killed a kid and he didn't go over to the kid to see if he was all right. He just walked the fuck away.
I would hope if it was in reverse, cops would get rid of the blue wall of silence bull shit and say this is fucked, and not automatically defend one of their own. If the guy was clocked in the head with a board after he was already down surrounded by 8 ppl, that's gone beyond the point of self-defense and is retaliatory assault.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #247 on: December 18, 2018, 06:35:04 PM »
If the guy was clocked in the head with a board after he was already down surrounded by 8 ppl, that's gone beyond the point of self-defense and is retaliatory assault.

From what I've heard, there was no attack with a board. The world needs to see the security footage and any other documentation of the altercation. That footage of the Portland skaters and security, supposedly that being released played a big part in helping them win their case, and the skaters are on camera fighting back.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 06:38:42 PM by tkp »

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #248 on: December 18, 2018, 06:38:52 PM »
That's good they didn't hit him with a board but choose to gang up on him eight on one. So thoughtful.

If GX was filming which it looks like he was there? and it was self defense why not stick around. In stead of leaving the guy for dead. Fucking cowards.

Here Come The Lame Jets

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #249 on: December 18, 2018, 06:42:23 PM »
Expand Quote
If the guy was clocked in the head with a board after he was already down surrounded by 8 ppl, that's gone beyond the point of self-defense and is retaliatory assault.
[close]

From what I've heard, there was no attack with a board. The world needs to see the security footage and any other documentation of the altercation. That footage of the Portland skaters being released led them to win their case.
Fair enough, but the fact he was charged with assault with a deadly weapon seems like something outside of his fist was used. Maybe they overcharged him or they charged the wrong person. But, given the amount of cameras around that is a really serious charge to lay.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #250 on: December 18, 2018, 06:44:55 PM »
INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

HungUp

• Rep: 40
« Reply #251 on: December 18, 2018, 06:45:34 PM »
Ok, so I checked in with Pat Duffy and apparently this is a false flag.

Duffy explained that there was never a guard at this location, in-fact there isn't even a building at this location. This whole story was shot in a government studio with pro-vax spherical earther crisis actors. The whole operation was funded by Soros and Al-Qaeda to discredit the rebellious and free-thinking skateboard movement.

Jo El is actually Jose El Torro an illegal criminal immigrant terrorist rapist bent on destroying America and reclaiming California for Mexico.

Woke af. Solid post

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #252 on: December 18, 2018, 06:51:13 PM »
Expand Quote
this is also going to really fuck up skating in all of SF, not to mention once the media gets wind of the GX videos.
[close]

That footage of the lady getting backside lipslided is going to get some serious burn on the nightly news.

That shit was kinda wack too.

full of jerks

• Rep: -33
« Reply #253 on: December 18, 2018, 07:04:06 PM »
https://abc7news.com/exclusive-sf-security-guard-attacked-by-skateboarder-is-out-of-coma/4913756/

Looks like ABC edited their story that was the source of the hit multiple times in the head quote.  It doesn't say anything about that anymore.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #254 on: December 18, 2018, 07:15:57 PM »
How the fuck are you gonna put out the best video of the year and then catch a case? This is fucking stupid. They made their bed and now gotta lie in it.

Grand opening grand closing

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #255 on: December 18, 2018, 07:23:17 PM »
Expand Quote
if you defend 8 adult dudes bashing a 60 year old's head in and almost murdering him outside of a fucking bank at a blown out spot, go fuck yourself
[close]
Obviously if that’s what went down there would be no defense. What if that isn’t what happened?  What if there is more than one side to the story?  If you can’t be logical than go fuck yourself!

what could be more logical than fucking yourself? god gave us hands for a reason.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #256 on: December 18, 2018, 07:23:33 PM »
Expand Quote
How the fuck are you gonna put out the best video of the year and then catch a case? This is fucking stupid. They made their bed and now gotta lie in it.
[close]

Bobby Shmurda style.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #257 on: December 18, 2018, 07:43:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Bobby Shmurda style.
I'm sliding down the hills while I shoot
They think that I'm Tom Cruise
But bitch I'm Jesse with the tool

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #258 on: December 18, 2018, 09:12:37 PM »
I am not sure why many commenters have treated the security guard like a feeble old man. There are countless 57 year olds who could beat up 24 year olds.

Also, it not hard to imagine the guard instigating in incident. Obviously, this does not excuse the assault.

Regarding the bond, I was surprised Jesse was denied bond and I did not realize that CA does not have a cash bail system. It seems as if the negative effect of this law is that it gives judges more discretion to keep the defendant behind bars pending trial. I don't believe that Jesse would be considered a high risk not to return for arraignment, so it seems like the judge is already punishing him. Hopefully, the time behind bars will count to his sentence should he be found guilty.

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #259 on: December 18, 2018, 09:51:25 PM »
I am not sure why many commenters have treated the security guard like a feeble old man. There are countless 57 year olds who could beat up 24 year olds.

Also, it not hard to imagine the guard instigating in incident. Obviously, this does not excuse the assault.

Regarding the bond, I was surprised Jesse was denied bond and I did not realize that CA does not have a cash bail system. It seems as if the negative effect of this law is that it gives judges more discretion to keep the defendant behind bars pending trial. I don't believe that Jesse would be considered a high risk not to return for arraignment, so it seems like the judge is already punishing him. Hopefully, the time behind bars will count to his sentence should he be found guilty.
SB-10 is not in effect. The bail industry forced it on to the Nov. 2020 ballot, so there is still cash bail in CA until at least then. 

I work with people on OR pretrial release in CA.  Like that's my job, I supervise them, they aren't my coworkers. The judge NBA'd him because of the violent felonies and how severe the injuries were.  Reminds me of the Bryan Stow beating outside Dodger stadium.  Those guys pleaded out 4 and 8 years.
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/79385408-132.html

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #260 on: December 19, 2018, 01:11:07 AM »
This is so sad, stupid and so unnecessary. At large, this is the result of that whole skate and destroy / hellride bullshit. A lot of the time skaters are so deep in their skate-bubble, they think they are somehow entitled to do whatever they want and skate wherever they like, skate people's houses etc.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #261 on: December 19, 2018, 04:00:32 AM »
i don't know the true story, this whole situation is horrible, violence is horrible.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #262 on: December 19, 2018, 06:17:39 AM »

Oh, cool. You were there and know exactly how the guard approached them, Travis? Just because somebody has been employed as a guard for 10 years doesn't mean they wouldn't be calm or cool in their approach to somebody, so fuck off with that "What if" shit.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #263 on: December 19, 2018, 07:06:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh, cool. You were there and know exactly how the guard approached them, Travis? Just because somebody has been employed as a guard for 10 years doesn't mean they wouldn't be calm or cool in their approach to somebody, so fuck off with that "What if" shit.

I find it interesting someone is telling me to fuck off for pointing out that there's a chance a security just might not have been as cool and calm as people are portraying him to be.

Out of respect for the person who reached out to me privately, I can say no more.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 07:08:34 AM by tkp »

goldenbullcow

• Rep: -406
« Reply #264 on: December 19, 2018, 07:20:45 AM »
Even if the guard was a total asshole I don’t see how a violent assault is justified

A.J.K.

« Reply #265 on: December 19, 2018, 07:45:47 AM »
This is so sad, stupid and so unnecessary. At large, this is the result of that whole skate and destroy / hellride bullshit. A lot of the time skaters are so deep in their skate-bubble, they think they are somehow entitled to do whatever they want and skate wherever they like, skate people's houses etc.

This.

Obviously the security guard might have been overly aggressive, but why go out of your way to beat the dude nearly to death? To avenge the line you couldn't film that day? As Metsuri said, stupid and unnecessary.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #266 on: December 19, 2018, 08:08:43 AM »
This sucks for all parties involved--the skateboard community at large included--but basically no one on SLAP knows what happened other than that Jesse is in jail and that the security guard is still hospitalized, both of which are shitty outcomes.

People are talking about head bashing with a board, stabbings, 8 vs 1, etc. all of which there is no proof or has been retracted by the media.
Speculating doesn't accomplish anything other than generating misinformation.

I am in no way defending or condoning violence, merely pointing out that we--the general public--don't know much about this situation.

Such a bummer.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

rapscallion

• Rep: -3
« Reply #267 on: December 19, 2018, 08:19:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

God damn your man Hov cracked the can open again

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #268 on: December 19, 2018, 08:34:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I find it interesting someone is telling me to fuck off for pointing out that there's a chance a security just might not have been as cool and calm as people are portraying him to be.

Out of respect for the person who reached out to me privately, I can say no more.

Agreed that anything is possible, and there are always two sides to every story. All the really cool guys here (and his dumb ass crew) seem to think Jesse is innocent which I find hilarious given Slap's propensity for a good witch hunt. There's a guy laid up in a hospital bed with brain bleeding and part of his skull removed (Source: abc7) which he clearly didn't do to himself just for fun. There was another quote from that same article from someone who has seen the footage and said he is surrounded and attacked.

I find it odd that everyone took off so fast. If it's all on (someone's) video camera and security footage is available, then all the 'innocent' parties should have nothing to worry about.

Gary Coleman

« Reply #269 on: December 19, 2018, 08:36:50 AM »
I have no clue how SF County courts usually handle assaults but this guy is probably going to have a pretty bad day when he gets there. Who knows what the security guard’s lawyer is going to ask the judge for? A skateboard could be a deadly weapon. And if everything we’ve heard so far is true, this dude deserves to sit in prison for a while. California’s prison system has got to be among the most fucked in the US too if not number 1.