Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 371254 times)

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #300 on: December 20, 2018, 10:04:44 AM »
Expand Quote
I just want to see the footage, really.
[close]

Its amazing in this day and age they don't or won't show the security footage. Seems it would clear things up quickly. Just grainy shots from the cameras is all they have?

shoulda made the HD switch like gx did.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

chipped tail

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #301 on: December 20, 2018, 10:17:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Its amazing in this day and age they don't or won't show the security footage. Seems it would clear things up quickly. Just grainy shots from the cameras is all they have?
[close]

GX has the HD fisheye angle of the incident

rapscallion

• Rep: -3
« Reply #302 on: December 20, 2018, 10:24:22 AM »
I don't think the hundreds of business people who have worked in the building for longer than Jesse has been alive would enjoy seeing footage of a guard being beaten into a coma. Honestly, I think that would bum them out.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #303 on: December 20, 2018, 10:31:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Ritchie Jackson has the fisheye footage. Sorry... this is neither the time nor place.
[close]
GX has the HD fisheye angle of the incident

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #304 on: December 20, 2018, 02:49:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If Jesse did hit that guard then fuck him. If he didn't, then I hope the truth is revealed soon.

This whole shit storm is a fucking embarrassment. Whether or not the guard was assaulted, if someone tells you to leave then fucking leave. You're on private property and there are guards there for a reason.

When I'm asked not to skate on property or told to leave, I do so without hesitation.

Honestly I'm sick of all this "I'm gonna skate this fuck you homeowner" mentality. Just be fucking respectful. You wouldn't let a BMXer ride on your fucking house would you?

God fucking dammit.
[close]
depends on the guard, if someone deserves it i will happily end them and not for me but for the future of the earth and everyone on it. Not every security guard deserves life, just like not every skater deserves life.
[close]
People who think they can play god like you probably fall into the group of people who don't deserve life. Not that I think it is anyone's right to implement that.
  Ha
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Pigeon

« Reply #305 on: December 20, 2018, 02:59:31 PM »

this is not a local gas station owned by two locals excited to yell "thats my camera" at their TV or make a fun youtube account.  its a massive building owned by a multinational corporation with defined protocols in place. its probably analyzing their own liabilities for civil damages.  I feel safe saying that even the police probably had to subpoena the security footage and go through the proper channels. The building ownership wont be giving it to the news, and the police probably wont give it to the news unless they absolutely need to (which they dont). 

EDIT: ill also add the police sometimes keep parts of investigations away from the public in order to check veracity. if someone (whether witness or proffering unindicted coconspirator) wants offer a narrative they will ask them to fill in missing information that's not publicly available.  i have no idea if thats happening here but its possible.
Plus, footage can bias potential jurors, depending on what narrative the news channels choose.

Going off tangent, the building is owned 30% by a Trump company and 70% by some other real estate company.

cloudy

« Reply #306 on: December 20, 2018, 03:21:17 PM »
Expand Quote

this is not a local gas station owned by two locals excited to yell "thats my camera" at their TV or make a fun youtube account.  its a massive building owned by a multinational corporation with defined protocols in place. its probably analyzing their own liabilities for civil damages.  I feel safe saying that even the police probably had to subpoena the security footage and go through the proper channels. The building ownership wont be giving it to the news, and the police probably wont give it to the news unless they absolutely need to (which they dont). 

EDIT: ill also add the police sometimes keep parts of investigations away from the public in order to check veracity. if someone (whether witness or proffering unindicted coconspirator) wants offer a narrative they will ask them to fill in missing information that's not publicly available.  i have no idea if thats happening here but its possible.
[close]
Plus, footage can bias potential jurors, depending on what narrative the news channels choose.

Going off tangent, the building is owned 30% by a Trump company and 70% by some other real estate company.

if tmz could get the security cam footage of ray rice (elevator knockout of fiancee) and kareem hunt (shoving and kicking a woman) from those las vegas and ohio hotels, respectively, i don't see why they wouldn't be able to acquire the black rock tapes. skateboarding, of course, is not the nfl, so perhaps there is just no financial incentive to track it down. maybe ryan garshell could anonymously sell them the footage if he thinks it would help exonerate jesse (in the court of public opinion). would help cover some legal fees too. it's rumored they paid around 100k for the ray rice footage. tmz has run stories about skateboarding in the past, so it wouldn't be too far out of left field if they picked up this story.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #307 on: December 20, 2018, 03:24:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

if tmz could get the security cam footage of ray rice (elevator knockout of fiancee) and kareem hunt (shoving and kicking a woman) from those las vegas and ohio hotels, respectively, i don't see why they wouldn't be able to acquire the black rock tapes. skateboarding, of course, is not the nfl, so perhaps there is just no financial incentive to track it down. maybe ryan garshell could anonymously sell them the footage if he thinks it would help exonerate jesse (in the court of public opinion). would help cover some legal fees too. it's rumored they paid around 100k for the ray rice footage. tmz has run stories about skateboarding in the past, so it wouldn't be too far out of left field if they picked up this story.

What else is going on in Candyland

cloudy

« Reply #308 on: December 20, 2018, 03:46:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

What else is going on in Candyland

ok fair enough. can we at least get gq to run a follow-up to this? https://www.gq.com/story/gx1000-skate-crew-san-francisco

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #309 on: December 20, 2018, 03:50:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Because Ray Rice and Kareem Hunt draw a lot more fucking hits to a website than Jesse Viera of GX1000 (and even people on Slap have trouble telling the GX crew apart). It's probably gettable, but its not enough of the public interest to buy. On top of that, the people most likely to leak it, are his colleagues, who probably wouldn't sell it. If it was a random homeless guy or person they might, but probably not someone they know on a personal level.

Why would Ryan Garshall sell it to TMZ. It probably brings even more public attention to it.

cloudy

« Reply #310 on: December 20, 2018, 04:11:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Because Ray Rice and Kareem Hunt draw a lot more fucking hits to a website than Jesse Viera of GX1000 (and even people on Slap have trouble telling the GX crew apart). It's probably gettable, but its not enough of the public interest to buy. On top of that, the people most likely to leak it, are his colleagues, who probably wouldn't sell it. If it was a random homeless guy or person they might, but probably not someone they know on a personal level.

Why would Ryan Garshall sell it to TMZ. It probably brings even more public attention to it.

well, like i said in my post, if ryan thinks that the footage would help exonerate jesse (in the court of public opinion), then he might consider anonymously selling it/releasing it. when you have guys like matt finley writing "free jesse" on their griptape, i get the sense that the gx crew believes jesse is innocent. obviously don't put out the clip if it shows what the abc7 news/gofundme campaign would have us believe.

and yes, no doubt. ray rice and kareem hunt generate a lot more clicks that any skater would, but in this day and age, the internet demands constant content. just check out some of the other skate-related stories that tmz has published, and tell me they wouldn't be interested in this one:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/10/don-nguyen-justin-figueroa-skateboard-skate-park-fight-brawl-video/
https://www.tmz.com/2014/04/11/jereme-rogers-skater-arrested-lure-nightclub-beating/
https://www.tmz.com/2018/10/24/pro-skateboarder-neal-hendrix-accused-sexual-assault-julz-lynn/

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #311 on: December 20, 2018, 04:34:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

well, like i said in my post, if ryan thinks that the footage would help exonerate jesse (in the court of public opinion), then he might consider anonymously selling it/releasing it. when you have guys like matt finley writing "free jesse" on their griptape, i get the sense that the gx crew believes jesse is innocent. obviously don't put out the clip if it shows what the abc7 news/gofundme campaign would have us believe.

and yes, no doubt. ray rice and kareem hunt generate a lot more clicks that any skater would, but in this day and age, the internet demands constant content. just check out some of the other skate-related stories that tmz has published, and tell me they wouldn't be interested in this one:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/10/don-nguyen-justin-figueroa-skateboard-skate-park-fight-brawl-video/
https://www.tmz.com/2014/04/11/jereme-rogers-skater-arrested-lure-nightclub-beating/
https://www.tmz.com/2018/10/24/pro-skateboarder-neal-hendrix-accused-sexual-assault-julz-lynn/
The only one they have footage of is Figgy's, which was a camera phone. I'd assume that getting the security tapes is much more challenging to find people willing to sell it, than a demo gone wrong where there are a ton of people with camera phones.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #312 on: December 20, 2018, 06:03:42 PM »
So the Nuge fought a child, and fiiggy punched a dude from behind who was trying to break it up? real sick.

If gx1000 just stood there and filmed a violent assault then he is gonna be in some trouble too.

cloudy

« Reply #313 on: December 20, 2018, 06:22:32 PM »
I'd assume that getting the security tapes is much more challenging to find people willing to sell it, than a demo gone wrong where there are a ton of people with camera phones.

agreed.

If gx1000 just stood there and filmed a violent assault then he is gonna be in some trouble too.

i'm not sure if that's true. this article gets into some pretty fucked up examples - https://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/us/crime-bystanders-no-charges

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #314 on: December 20, 2018, 07:11:44 PM »
Expand Quote
I'd assume that getting the security tapes is much more challenging to find people willing to sell it, than a demo gone wrong where there are a ton of people with camera phones.
[close]

agreed.

Expand Quote
[close]

i'm not sure if that's true. this article gets into some pretty fucked up examples - https://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/us/crime-bystanders-no-charges
Havent you seen the last episode of Sienfeld?

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #315 on: December 20, 2018, 07:37:56 PM »
No matter who's at fault,
.... it turns out that fucking up a spot's security guard will blow it out forever.
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #316 on: December 20, 2018, 08:32:54 PM »
New gx board

roscoemoore1

« Reply #317 on: December 20, 2018, 10:53:50 PM »
https://vimeo.com/121301640

Best video! Dealing with security in Australia sure as hell ain't the same ballgame as in the U.S

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #318 on: December 21, 2018, 08:50:17 AM »
So the Nuge fought a child, and fiiggy punched a dude from behind who was trying to break it up? real sick.

I get a bad vibe from figgy forever. 

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #319 on: December 21, 2018, 09:28:40 AM »
How many views did Moses Itkonen video part get in 1993? 5,000? It’s a different era. Shit isn’t underground. All videos that are posted online are accessible to the mainstream (GX has 388k views).

It’s not a good look for skateboarders to be shown backlipping into a female (?) security guard (person of color). Shit is not cool. Especially when you are another skater residing in the same city, where police are now actively detaining and photographing all skaters while they search for the culprit of this incident. Skateboarding and our videos don’t exist in a vacuum.

It's not a good look any people getting hurt no need to push the female/ people of color agenda. We are all the same.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #320 on: December 21, 2018, 09:37:04 AM »
Expand Quote
How many views did Moses Itkonen video part get in 1993? 5,000? It’s a different era. Shit isn’t underground. All videos that are posted online are accessible to the mainstream (GX has 388k views).

It’s not a good look for skateboarders to be shown backlipping into a female (?) security guard (person of color). Shit is not cool. Especially when you are another skater residing in the same city, where police are now actively detaining and photographing all skaters while they search for the culprit of this incident. Skateboarding and our videos don’t exist in a vacuum.
[close]

It's not a good look any people getting hurt no need to push the female/ people of color agenda. We are all the same.
  "Agenda"  -honestly to me ur the guy who comes off a tad agena-y.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 09:40:14 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »

Surf-goth

« Reply #321 on: December 21, 2018, 09:40:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
  "Agenda"
That's right bitch
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Pigeon

« Reply #322 on: December 21, 2018, 09:42:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
  "Agenda"
[close]
That's right bitch
Yo, don’t call the guy a bitch. He gives cigs to kids like you.

Surf-goth

« Reply #323 on: December 21, 2018, 09:43:38 AM »
I would also like to add I've been skateboarding since 1999 and never has it ever resorted to violence . i know I'm not allowed there the security guard says to leave and i do. If i really wanted to land it i would come back later which is still the situation. Just my experiences at least.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #324 on: December 21, 2018, 09:44:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
  "Agenda"
[close]
That's right bitch
[close]
Thanks B.

Surf-goth

« Reply #325 on: December 21, 2018, 09:44:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
  "Agenda"
[close]
That's right bitch
[close]

My apologies. Keep the smokes comin
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #326 on: December 21, 2018, 09:48:31 AM »
Dude ur all about the divisions.

Surf-goth

« Reply #327 on: December 21, 2018, 09:49:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
  "Agenda"  -honestly to me ur the guy who comes off a tad agena-y.

Pretty much went the "no u" route. Brilliant
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Surf-goth

« Reply #328 on: December 21, 2018, 09:50:18 AM »

I'm only about the joy division
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #329 on: December 21, 2018, 09:55:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm only about the joy division
  Yah with the "surf goth" name id already envisioned the joy division appretiation.  And yah the band had an ss thing on the go so horses for courses.