Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 371290 times)

saucy ragu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #360 on: January 04, 2019, 09:16:05 AM »
If your life isn't at risk, don't fight is my motto. If your life is at risk, and you can get away from the situation, do that before fighting.

Also need to chime in, the massive dent in the skull is caused by the surgery. Doctors remove pieces of the skull due to brain swelling.

Jesse's court date is today.

What's your point, Travis? He wouldn't have that massive dent if Jesse hadn't hit him in the head/caused him to fall on his head, which resulted in the brain swelling, and necessitated the surgery.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #361 on: January 04, 2019, 09:22:03 AM »
Expand Quote
If your life isn't at risk, don't fight is my motto. If your life is at risk, and you can get away from the situation, do that before fighting.

Also need to chime in, the massive dent in the skull is caused by the surgery. Doctors remove pieces of the skull due to brain swelling.

[close]

What's your point, Travis? He wouldn't have that massive dent if Jesse hadn't hit him in the head/caused him to fall on his head, which resulted in the brain swelling, and necessitated the surgery.

I agree.

My point is people are seeing that photo of the guard a massive dent in his head as a result from the brain swelling and will assume a fist couldn't inflict that sort of damage, so a weapon of some sort had to have been used.  My buddy hit his head skating down a hill, had the same skull removal procedure happen, and ended up with a massive dent in his head.

Like I said before, I'm not defending anyone's actions. You shouldn't fight people unless they are threatening your or someone else's life. I'm just in a position where I hearing both sides of the story, while most people are not.

Side note: Do you also post as Donkey Lips? They like using my first name as well.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 09:31:23 AM by tkp »

kookshit

• Rep: -8
« Reply #362 on: January 04, 2019, 09:30:01 AM »
selling my gx1000 gear on eBay to donate to Dan Jansen's GoFundMe.

https://www.gofundme.com/friends-of-dan-jansen

Also, funny how GX's website is non-existent

SIMPLY

• Rep: 30
« Reply #363 on: January 04, 2019, 09:41:26 AM »
No, gx1000store.com is still up.

TKP, your arguments are pointless. Doesn't matter if these dudes used their boards or fists, he's disabled for life due to their actions. I say fuck em.

kookshit

« Reply #364 on: January 04, 2019, 09:44:29 AM »
SIMPLY, finally off that big cartel hot garbage

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #365 on: January 04, 2019, 09:44:45 AM »
If you are stupid enough to punch someone in the head with great force, you must also accept that you might end up with a murder, or ruining someones life.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #366 on: January 04, 2019, 09:45:24 AM »
Crazy times were living in

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
« Reply #367 on: January 04, 2019, 09:45:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I agree.

My point is people are seeing that photo of the guard a massive dent in his head as a result from the brain swelling and will assume a fist couldn't inflict that sort of damage, so a weapon of some sort had to have been used.  My buddy hit his head skating down a hill, had the same skull removal procedure happen, and ended up with a massive dent in his head.

Like I said before, I'm not defending anyone's actions. I'm just in a position where I am able to hear both sides of the story, which most people are not hearing.

Side note: Do you also post as Donkey Lips? They like using my first name as well.

Okay, I see the merit of your point in regards to how Jesse will be charged (assault with a deadly weapon, aggravated assault, etc.), but Dan still fell down because he was hit by Jesse or one of his friends. The assault still happened, Dan didn't trip or fall on his own, according to the security footage. And no, I'm not Donkey Lips though he's a good man.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

tkp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #368 on: January 04, 2019, 09:49:47 AM »
No, gx1000store.com is still up.

TKP, your arguments are pointless. Doesn't matter if these dudes used their boards or fists, he's disabled for life due to their actions. I say fuck em.

There's a difference between assault and assault with a deadly weapon.

kookshit

« Reply #369 on: January 04, 2019, 09:51:13 AM »
TKP

both are assaults

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #370 on: January 04, 2019, 09:52:55 AM »
That's such a heavy photo. No fucking skateboard trick is worth ruining someone's life. This makes me feel fucking ashamed for riding a wooden toy. God damn.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #371 on: January 04, 2019, 09:54:00 AM »

I would think the company he works for would have to take of all those medical bills.
I’m sure I’m wrong though.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #372 on: January 04, 2019, 10:00:48 AM »
TKP

both are assaults

Yes. However, the perception of the crime is changed when someone is told "This person assaulted someone by punching them" vs "This person assaulted someone by hitting them with a skateboard".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I know, if a weapon was used, jail sentences can be longer.

IE:
You punch someone, get a battery and assault charge.
You punch someone, and hit them with your board. You get battery, assault, and assault with a deadly weapon.

Note: Jesse is facing 3 felony charges. Each one carries X amount of jail time + fine.  This is why every little detail matters.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 10:05:57 AM by tkp »

History Buff

• Rep: 3
  • Skateboard Shuffle
« Reply #373 on: January 04, 2019, 10:02:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I would think the company he works for would have to take of all those medical bills.
I’m sure I’m wrong though.

since its on the job, the insurance companies will likely cover all expenses and them some for pain and suffering. but that can take 18 months or more to work out. in the meantime dude will have no income, he clearly can't go back to work.

also, because its at an expensive downtown location i bet high money lawyers with sharp teeth will be all over the personal injury case. anybody involved will be sued into oblivion.

kookshit

« Reply #374 on: January 04, 2019, 10:04:58 AM »
im sure jail sentences are longer, but they are both assaults and give skateboarding a bad name in a city where skateboarding is thriving. Not to mention the trickle effect nationwide as bigger news outlets may pick this up.

We do not know Dan Jansen's financial situation, but if I or anyone else is able to able, we should. Skateboarding is sick an all and I love it, however I would never care so much to skate a ledge that I would leave someone with brain damage. Its sickening.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #375 on: January 04, 2019, 10:05:29 AM »
That's such a heavy photo. No fucking skateboard trick is worth ruining someone's life. This makes me feel fucking ashamed for riding a wooden toy. God damn.
I know man i have a perfect day to skate and no work but this is getting to me.

The Mess

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • please don't kill me jesse.
« Reply #376 on: January 04, 2019, 10:38:55 AM »
Here's the photo for posterity for anyone who thinks squaring up to skate a spot is worth it.

Such a bummer. So lame for skateboarding. So lame for Dan Jansen and his family. So lame for Blackrock. So lame for all of us. Fighting is for kooks.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 10:40:27 AM by The Mess »
i have nothing to fear but jesse himself.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #377 on: January 04, 2019, 10:40:44 AM »
Damn....that is a terrible photo.

Ironically I walked by black rock yesterday. There was about 30 or so people wearing shirts that said Justice For Dan and all were handing out fliers. I spoke to one of the guys and he seemed pretty upset. Not sure if it was family, friend or a volunteer but interesting to see it from that side. Just a really fucked up situation. I like GX vids cause they are putting SF skating on the map with their unique vids but this just sort of tarnishes it all.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

sododgy

• Rep: 8
« Reply #378 on: January 04, 2019, 10:49:31 AM »

Ironically I walked by black rock yesterday. There was about 30 or so people wearing shirts that said Justice For Dan and all were handing out fliers. I spoke to one of the guys and he seemed pretty upset. Not sure if it was family, friend or a volunteer but interesting to see it from that side. Just a really fucked up situation. I like GX vids cause they are putting SF skating on the map with their unique vids but this just sort of tarnishes it all.

Not to derail, but "putting SF skating on the map"? Like, for real? SF has been totally under the radar and people didn't know it had a thriving skate culture eh? gx1000 really bringing the fact that skating is a pretty big deal in the Bay to light is it?

Get the strap

« Reply #379 on: January 04, 2019, 10:57:44 AM »
God damn this is fucking bullshit! I cant believe they resorted to violence to ride a fucking skateboard! Fuck, I wonder how many skaters are going to quit because of this or parents won't let them skateboard...in addition to whatever happens with laws, police, and security going forward. I wonder how much money was on the table for that session...I'm guessing less than zero. Fucking pieces of shit! Industry better talk about it otherwise we will just look really pathetic...

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #380 on: January 04, 2019, 11:06:30 AM »
Dude punched his head hard as he was already laid out. Wasn't enough was it guys?

I always liked GX crew skating, how could you not... But they always tried to be edgy fighting homeowners security and doing shit tags

Just skate dudes.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #381 on: January 04, 2019, 11:09:06 AM »
That photo is fucked. I hope he makes a full recovery, although it doesn't sound promising.

I wonder what is going on with the case. They keep on mentioning the 8 other people, but the cops have to have figured out who most of those 8 people are by now, but we haven't seen any further charges.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #382 on: January 04, 2019, 11:12:15 AM »
Expand Quote
TKP

both are assaults
[close]

Yes. However, the perception of the crime is changed when someone is told "This person assaulted someone by punching them" vs "This person assaulted someone by hitting them with a skateboard".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I know, if a weapon was used, jail sentences can be longer.

IE:
You punch someone, get a battery and assault charge.
You punch someone, and hit them with your board. You get battery, assault, and assault with a deadly weapon aggravated assault, or assault with a deadly weapon..

Your understanding of these is wrong. You can be charged with assault for presenting a threat of physical violence, without actually acting on it. How and when somebody is charged with either of those, varies depending on your state laws and circumstances leading up to the assault.

From posting what-ifs assuming the victim approached this group in the wrong demeanor, to attempting to downplay the severity of the victim's injury – you're really starting to look like a super great guy, Travis.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #383 on: January 04, 2019, 11:15:15 AM »
What do you call a bunch of people beating up one person.

Cowards.

Hope the security guard recovers and is able to lead a normal life.

BayZ

• Rep: -6
« Reply #384 on: January 04, 2019, 11:16:23 AM »
As someone from the bay, I never liked that these fools “represnted” Bay Area scene. Every time I’ve ran into those dudes they always gave me a “I’m way more badass than you” vibe, honestly Chris Jatoft and Demarcus James have been way more influential and prevalent in my local scene than those GX guys.

But either way this shit sucks, I’m gonna second that I hope that Thrasher or some big company hops on and tries to help dan in this situation. I wonder what it’s gonna take the industry to wake up from its adolescent dreams and realize that their is real life out there and we cant live forever as a 13 year old punk. We can rebellious and still have adult morals and an adult perspective on the whole situation, and skateboarding as a whole. I hope dan gets better.

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #385 on: January 04, 2019, 11:17:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not to derail, but "putting SF skating on the map"? Like, for real? SF has been totally under the radar and people didn't know it had a thriving skate culture eh? gx1000 really bringing the fact that skating is a pretty big deal in the Bay to light is it?
It'd be a lie if you said GX is not shining a light on SF. Back when they'd drop edits on thrasher and even when they dropped the GX1000 video, everyone I skated with and their mothers made the move to SF just to live and skate there

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #386 on: January 04, 2019, 11:20:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
It'd be a lie if you said GX is not shining a light on SF. Back when they'd drop edits on thrasher and even when they dropped the GX1000 video, everyone I skated with and their mothers made the move to SF just to live and skate there

maybe they are putting sf on the map for the millennial and younger generations but sf has always been a skate mecca for as long as i can remember.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #387 on: January 04, 2019, 11:29:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

maybe they are putting sf on the map for the millennial and younger generations but sf has always been a skate mecca for as long as i can remember.
I'd say it brought a newer sort of element of skating to the forefront for SF. Not that hitting spots in to hill bombs is new, but how they were skating the city.  But, SF was the skate mecca all throughout the early 90's with EMB and then Pier 7 being at the forefront of Plaza skating. How many influential skaters have we heard about moving to SF in that era? Jamie Thomas, Scott Johnston, Rob Welsh, Josh Kalis, Bobby Puelo, Lennie Kirk, Ethan Fowler, Mike Daher, and probably 40 other people I'm missing.

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #388 on: January 04, 2019, 11:35:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Yes didn't mean to put it as if GX is the ONLY reason. Cause they're obviously not. Just pointing that they do "beautify" SF to people more than one would think

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #389 on: January 04, 2019, 11:40:18 AM »
Man really surprised TKP is clinging to his bullshit on this one. You're a fucking kook.

Here Come The Lame Jets