Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 371272 times)

CHONGO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #390 on: January 04, 2019, 11:45:43 AM »

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #391 on: January 04, 2019, 11:55:37 AM »

holy fuck..
that was hard to watch. Once they put the dudes face on screen. Man so sad
everyone running off as a man lays motionless on the ground was really brutal to see aswell.

slippy

• Rep: 84
« Reply #392 on: January 04, 2019, 12:09:37 PM »
Expand Quote

holy fuck..
[close]
everyone running off as a man lays motionless on the ground was really brutal to see aswell.

Absolutely.  Anyone who at all in any way defends any of those fucking people is a complete moron.  Pages and pages of this thread "well hold on we haven't seen the video, we haven't seen the video maybe he punched them first or maybe he was the aggressor."  It's over, end of discussion, these guys suck and should be in the group of skaters who are no longer supported by sponsors and the community.  Fucking this up for everyone and ruining one person's life.
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #393 on: January 04, 2019, 12:10:55 PM »
Expand Quote

holy fuck..
[close]
They basically all left dude to die. That's fucked. I don't get why people are so heavily specifying what he should actually be charged with. We aren't the jury. All we can judge is whether we think he's a shitty human being, and after watching that, I absolutely think he is. At the end of the day, he knocked a guy down who was simply doing his job who now has life-altering injuries. Whether he hit him with a board/truck or not is irrelevant in how I'll view him or GX1000.

How would anyone here feel if they couldn't skate anymore because you told some assholes to leave? This guy can't do his passion of fishing anymore because Jesse Vierra wanted to skate a ledge or a set of stairs. Hell, he might be lucky if he can recognize and communicate with his family again.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #394 on: January 04, 2019, 12:11:12 PM »
Expand Quote

holy fuck..
[close]

What a bunch of cowards. I hope they all never get to skate again and rot in a jail cell.

I can't imagine other skaters in sf are going to be so kind to those gx dickheads after they blew up that spot indefinitely. If the sf skate industry had any integrity left they would fund this guys recovery as a first step to making this right. But they won't, because everyone in the sf skate industry have massive fucking egos and adheres to some "hurr durr sk8 and destroy bro" jock ass mentality. (And yes, Thiebaud is the exception)

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #395 on: January 04, 2019, 12:11:51 PM »
Industry better talk about it

Hah, good one

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #396 on: January 04, 2019, 12:14:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Damn....that is a terrible photo.

Ironically I walked by black rock yesterday. There was about 30 or so people wearing shirts that said Justice For Dan and all were handing out fliers. I spoke to one of the guys and he seemed pretty upset. Not sure if it was family, friend or a volunteer but interesting to see it from that side. Just a really fucked up situation. I like GX vids cause they are putting SF skating on the map with their unique vids but this just sort of tarnishes it all.
[close]

Not to derail, but "putting SF skating on the map"? Like, for real? SF has been totally under the radar and people didn't know it had a thriving skate culture eh? gx1000 really bringing the fact that skating is a pretty big deal in the Bay to light is it?

I didn't mean the sole thing but just saying that their vids provide a unique style that seems to be only done out in SF. Of course there are many other skaters and just locals in general doing a good job out here but the main reason why I even liked the GX guys is cause they mostly film our here. I even like those Brute guys too. Hell...I like everyone out here. What do I know.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

kookshit

• Rep: -8
« Reply #397 on: January 04, 2019, 12:18:13 PM »
just know that if you copped something from the new drop, money will likely go to one of these fucktards lawyers rather than to support Dan Jansen's GoFundMe for a guy who cant even RECOGNIZE his OWN family. Vote with your money. Fuck this shit.

DirtyCheddarKids

• Rep: 40
« Reply #398 on: January 04, 2019, 12:21:42 PM »
Expand Quote

holy fuck..
[close]

I hope they all get charged. And the GX1000 IG account has been posting in a business as usual manner after what has happened...
Quote from: Uncle Flea
4 shoes is impressive AF. I could barely sell drugs.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #399 on: January 04, 2019, 12:23:18 PM »
I've already said I'm not defending the actions of the skaters and you should not fight unless your life / well being is literally on the line. The whole time I've only been interested in hearing all sides of the story before jumping to conclusions.

I am involved in a field of security that involves the duties of security guards. The skaters were breaking the law by skating a spot on private property, but that happens all the time. Situations where the security guard ends up getting into a fight and sustaining life threatening injuries over this do not. I would like to know all the actions of the guards so that situations like this do not arise again in the future. Particularly what was said. Knowing what led to the escalation will matter in a court room.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 12:25:30 PM by tkp »

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #400 on: January 04, 2019, 12:25:22 PM »
i want to revisit my comment earlier
and the police probably wont give it to the news unless they absolutely need to (which they dont).

and add that it is very interesting timing for the release of that surveillance video.  right as the defense attorney says hes going to play a tape exonerating his client in court.  also even with that absurd time cut that tape is probably more harmful than helpful to the government's case.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

slippy

• Rep: 84
« Reply #401 on: January 04, 2019, 12:28:30 PM »
I've already said I'm not defending the actions of the skaters and you should not fight unless your life / well being is literally on the line. The whole time I've only been interested in hearing all sides of the story before jumping to conclusions.

I am involved in a field of security that involves the duties of security guards. The skaters were breaking the law by skating a spot on private property, but that happens all the time. Situations where the security guard ends up getting into a fight and sustaining life threatening injuries over this do not. I would like to know all the actions of the guards so that situations like this do not arise again in the future. Particularly what was said. Knowing what led to the escalation will matter in a court room.

I can see where you're coming from but doesn't seeing the video make it a little more clear?  Even if the security guard was saying some nasty shit it seems clear, at least to me, that the retaliation went way over the line starting and ending with Jesse?  I am completely willing to play devils advocate but it seems hard to understand any world that they aren't the bad guys here
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #402 on: January 04, 2019, 12:30:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

holy fuck..
[close]
[close]

I hope they all get charged. And the GX1000 IG account has been posting in a business as usual manner after what has happened...
You're surprised? Just because some people blew it doesn't mean they're going to stop. One thing i noticed is there's no filmer wearing all white in the surveillance cam, as there is in the "suspects" flyer. I'm sure there's homie support but in this case, every man for himself

Get the strap

« Reply #403 on: January 04, 2019, 12:43:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hah, good one

Ha, yeah I know, long shot...The industry at seldom times has spoken out in the past about community involvement, racial diversity, sexual diversity/awareness, cancer, drugs, excessive drinking, drinking and driving, life in 3rd world countries, health, environment...I'm sure there are other subjects...it's not too far of a stretch to bring up violence (can't believe I'm typing violence) . Only platform I can see anything remotely mentioned would be on Skateline NBD.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #404 on: January 04, 2019, 12:45:59 PM »
Even if the security guard was saying some nasty shit it seems clear, at least to me, that the retaliation went way over the line

I just rewatched the security footage and noticed something I missed. At 1:43 you see the guard near the skaters making a lunge / kick at them and attempting to grab them. If we are going by the time lime of the footage, this was the first act of violence. He is then pushed to the ground.

For most, this would be when the crew left. Unfortunately a skater then comes up and punches him while he is down / getting up.

Yes, the skaters should have left quicker and not gotten into an altercation / retaliated.

However, this video does prove they did not start the fight.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 12:47:39 PM by tkp »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #405 on: January 04, 2019, 12:47:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Even if the security guard was saying some nasty shit it seems clear, at least to me, that the retaliation went way over the line
[close]

Go back and watch the security cam footage. At 1:43 you see the guard near the skaters making a lunge / kick at them and attempting to grab them. If we are going by the time lime of the footage, this was the first act of violence. He is then pushed to the ground.

For most, this would be when the crew left. Unfortunately a skater then comes up and punches him while he is down / getting up.

Yes, the skaters should have left quicker and not gotten into an altercation, but the video does show they did not instigate the violence.

Are they holding you hostage and forcing you to suck their dicks or what's going on with you

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #406 on: January 04, 2019, 12:48:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hah, good one
[close]

Ha, yeah I know, long shot...The industry at seldom times has spoken out in the past about community involvement, racial diversity, sexual diversity/awareness, cancer, drugs, excessive drinking, drinking and driving, life in 3rd world countries, health, environment...I'm sure there are other subjects...it's not too far of a stretch to bring up violence (can't believe I'm typing violence) . Only platform I can see anything remotely mentioned would be on Skateline NBD.
I don't think anyone associated with Thrasher is going to touch anything related to this such as Skateline NDB. My guess is they are already worried about their own liability considering they probably have Gershall as some sort of employee or contractor.

I'm sure a personal injury lawyer would love that case and insist that Thrasher has helped fuel a culture where behavior like this can happen (I mean, they just named a SOTY who is constantly shown bickering with security and moving guard rails around, which led to this incident). No idea if they can get it to gain traction though.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #407 on: January 04, 2019, 12:49:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Go back and watch the security cam footage. At 1:43 you see the guard near the skaters making a lunge / kick at them and attempting to grab them. If we are going by the time lime of the footage, this was the first act of violence. He is then pushed to the ground.

Yes, the skaters should have left quicker and not gotten into an altercation, but the video does show they did not instigate the violence.
[close]

Are they holding you hostage and forcing you to suck their dicks or what's going on with you

I'm having a critical eye towards how authority is being portrayed by the media in the United States of America. Not accepting the story strangers are telling me when I am hearing otherwise from more reliable sources?

« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 12:52:23 PM by tkp »

billy.pepperidge

• Rep: -17
« Reply #408 on: January 04, 2019, 12:49:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hah, good one
[close]

Jim Thiebaud should make a 'hanging violent skater' graphic.

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #409 on: January 04, 2019, 12:50:45 PM »
TKP, again, big difference between how real authority like police treat POC and some low wage earning security guard.

You are grasping for straws.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 12:53:31 PM by RIDEFLANNELV2 »

Here Come The Lame Jets

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #410 on: January 04, 2019, 12:53:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm having a critical eye towards how authority is being portrayed by the media in the United States of America. Not accepting the story strangers are telling me when I am hearing otherwise from more reliable sources?
You do realize your sources could also be extremely biased, making their opinion worthless right?

tkp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #411 on: January 04, 2019, 12:53:21 PM »
TKP again big difference between how real authority like police treat POC and some low wage earning security guard.

You are grasping for straws.

What? I'm confused. Police kill POC and get away with it. I'm going off of actual video evidence here. How is that grasping for straws?

tkp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #412 on: January 04, 2019, 12:55:00 PM »
You do realize your sources could also be extremely biased, making their opinion worthless right?

I do. I initially doubted them and probed them for more information. Once I saw this video I immediately reached out to them again and they stuck by their initial statement.

If they are lying to me, then that is a friendship ruined. I do not think that is their goal in this case.

SIMPLY

• Rep: 30
« Reply #413 on: January 04, 2019, 12:56:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hah, good one
[close]

[close]
I agree that I could see Gary offering some actual level headed advice along the lines of "chill the fuck out before you spend years in prison", but the minute anyone talks about skateboarding as a single thing "what's good for skateboarding" or "the image of skateboarding" you will instantly lose everyone who is actually out there skating.

lol

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #414 on: January 04, 2019, 01:02:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I do. I initially doubted them and probed them for more information. Once I saw this video I immediately reached out to them again and they stuck by their initial statement.

If they are lying to me, then that is a friendship ruined. I do not think that is their goal in this case.
Even if that isn't their goal, they may just be having trouble actually accepting what happened. If they are friends with Jesse, I doubt they want to believe he's a ruthless brute who beat a guy into a coma for just being asked to leave a spot.

At the end of the day, this guy has life-altering injuries. Whatever mistake he made, nothing should lead to that result for asking trespassers to leave. At first, he just appears to be moving the guardrails, and they keep moving them away. I wouldn't be surprised if he's encountered them a shitload of times over 10 years working there, and them hassling to stay skating the spot isn't a regular occurrence. Hell, we have a clip of a GX1000 skater skating into a fucking security guard there because they wouldn't move off the stairs. Even if what they did was accidental, they still left a dude to basically die there if no one else intervened.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #415 on: January 04, 2019, 01:04:33 PM »
I know you already mentioned this TKP but if you are really splitting hairs this thin you can go back from the beginning and say they should not have been skating there in the first place. Them deciding to go there knowing security is extremely heavy there knew that they were gonna be met with some kind of altercation puts them at fault from the beginning. The security guard would have never had to kick them out had they not decided to go there and he would probably still be working there today without a care in the world and none of this would have happened. Again this all stems from them deciding to go somewhere they were not permitted to be. You can then go back and fourth and who did what right or wrong after the fact but again this could have all been prevented from the get go.

I get you’re looking out for your “pals” but take yourself out of their skater shoes and look at the big picture.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 01:09:45 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #416 on: January 04, 2019, 01:04:48 PM »
Industry heads are definitely looking into this thread.

Not going to support GX anymore. Pretending as if nothing happened. They should be footing the bill for this poor dude's medical bills.

Fuck everyone that thinks differently.

How would you feel if this was your loved one. Just imagine if it were your mom. Dad. Girlfriend. Who fucking cares if the guard "started" the fight. He has every fucking right to be doing his god damn job and preventing low IQ punk ass wood riders from damaging the business property he works for.

god fucking dammit.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

ihateyouto

• Rep: 26
« Reply #417 on: January 04, 2019, 01:11:50 PM »
Wow, all them pussies really ran? Fuck GX

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #418 on: January 04, 2019, 01:17:25 PM »
Glad this came out before I bought anything GX1000.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #419 on: January 04, 2019, 01:21:21 PM »
I'm reading all of your input. Perhaps I'm one of the few "industry" people to comment on here even though I don't really associate myself as being too involved in it.

I'm not trying to make anyone look cool nor do I come here representing a brand, I come here as an individual with my own thoughts and view points on skateboarding.

If I had more time right now I would keep responding. From what I know there was a court session today and we shall learn more over time from it.

We should keep going deep into the logistics of street skateboarding and interacting with people who want us to stop. I think it's a wise direction for skateboarding as a whole to acknowledge those moments so we don't have situations like this where many lives are ruined over property damage.