Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 371259 times)

honey island

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #480 on: January 05, 2019, 05:21:52 AM »
as someone who lost a friend to a coward's punch, and a group of 3 leaving him for dead, when medical assistance could've saved him, seeing those 8 flee, like that makes me really fucking angry. utterly disgusting human beings.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #481 on: January 05, 2019, 05:30:15 AM »
This whole fucking thing is tragic but I just want to know when the pals should get into a digital fight with the security guard forum. 

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #482 on: January 05, 2019, 05:57:24 AM »
Expand Quote
I haven’t read the whole thread, was the rest of the crew there mostly GX1000 or who were they?
[close]
It's completely unknown. There is a bunch of people handing out flyers with ultra low res photos of unidentified people who don't even match the people in the video. I think I saw Woody Allen and Neckface for sure. Possibly Peter Sellers, but that doesn't really make sense ...

Whats your agenda for lack of a better term here, you posted this like 10 times in multiple threads but now you're defending?

The only logical thing to do is send your concerns and complaints to USA Skateboarding - "The recognized governing body for skateboarding in the USA". They'll be glad to consider your recommendations and get this thing straightened out, for the good of skateboarders and security guards alike. Ask for Neal or Gary - they'll be happy to speak with you.

http://usaskateboarding.net/

Thanks for your support,
The Skateboarding Community

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #483 on: January 05, 2019, 06:10:47 AM »
"running away like cowards"...i highly doubt any of these people knew this guy was seriously injured.  Also, if a group of people are skating a spot and something like this happens, is everybody there culpable?  If i see a cop/security approaching, i just leave.  if someone else skating the spot after i leave (someone i might not even know) swings on security, am I now part of a gang beating?  It seems like a physical altercation erupted between two people with 8 people total present.  Whoever it was swung on the guard, the guard fell and hit his head, everybody left, which is what most of you would do despite whatever it is you are saying on here.  If it would have been apparent how hurt the guy was, im sure (i hope) someone would have called an ambulance. 

I still don't think any of this will matter when this goes to court though.  just the fact that they're skaters and the guy was in a position of authority, they're going to hammer them hard no matter what the circumstances are. 

whatever, i could be wrong, but i'm just trying to go on the limited information that's available.  i'm just saying, its not like GX1000 as a collective ganged up and beat this guy half to death.  They're saying they have video evidence that no one hit him with a board. 

Any time you swing on somebody, there's a chance they can hit their head on the ground and end up brain damaged/dead.  It happens in bar fights all the time.  Its never a good idea unless you need to seriously defend yourself.  Its really tragic, and that guy doesn't deserve this.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #484 on: January 05, 2019, 06:19:43 AM »
"running away like cowards"...i highly doubt any of these people knew this guy was seriously injured. 

Yeah he might have just fallen asleep

All of your argument is bullshit.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #485 on: January 05, 2019, 07:59:49 AM »
Expand Quote
"running away like cowards"...i highly doubt any of these people knew this guy was seriously injured. 
[close]

Yeah he might have just fallen asleep

All of your argument is bullshit.
This is so fucked, and for fucks sake if you punch somenone and he stays on the ground after that it is basic human shit to atleast check out if dude’s still alive...
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

skylarking

• Rep: -1
« Reply #486 on: January 05, 2019, 08:42:01 AM »
selfishly, I want to continue enjoy what my main interest for the last 20 years has been, which has been skateboarding. what we do and love in skating is dependent upon using public and private space/property, and for the most part has been done without these kind of disastrous results or horrific actions from skateboarders.  This may change the future and existence of street skating as we know it, it may have little to no effect on skating laws/security procedure, it is certainly too early too tell.  what is certain, is that this man, dan jansen, he will never have the opportunity to get up on a saturday and do what his passion in life is (I am sure some of you probably also looked at his youtube fishing videos), or even to a high likelihood lead a normal, functional, and independent life.  for me, that hurts and is even shameful to feel like I have a connection, even only remotely, because I skateboard.  sure, like most of you, I have never had any physical altercation with a guard or authority figure in several decades of skating, and also like most of you, I have encountered many guards, police officers, etc. who have been the aggressors, or worse were looking for engaging in a physical match.  I have to be very honest in saying it was not difficult to avoid these altercations.  I for one never had anyone stop me from walking, running, or skating away, and most of the time, a genuine conversation ended with polite waves and the guards walking away with a better understanding of what we actually do as skateboarders, and less of a generalized mindset that skateboarders are hellions, only skating to partake in vandalism or start fights.

while the dialogue, debate, and thoughts here do not directly control the outcome of this situation, I do hope that we as skateboarders, look at this tragic incident and re-evaluate the reality of situations in skating, and make sure something like this never happens again.  I can think of no tricks or video projects in skating that are worth the loss of an unrelated, innocent person's life, make no mistake about it, dan jansen although alive, has lost his life.  we have no entitlement or right to the space we strive to use for skating, when on someone else's property.  I believe what we do street skating is an art, when the intent is to create. that intent is based on using space and objects for a purpose even above ourselves, that is what good art seems to accomplish in my opinion- changing the viewer's perspective.  sadly, I believe this changes a lot of viewer's perspective of skateboarding, and obviously not in a good way.

regardless of whether or not street skating is affected by this incident, the majority of us will soon be dealing with security or authority figures who will assume or want to believe we are the same type of people as the skateboarders at black rock who left a man for dead on the ground.  the people who assume this will quite possibly initiate aggression toward us out of either fear or what they may consider is justified anger.  I can only hope that we avoid matching their aggression.  the criminal proceedings will carry out independent of our opinions here, and I respect the right for all opinions.  I would be lying if I said that of all the opinions here, that many do not represent or rationalize negative and dangerous behavior, and diminish what actually happened at black rock.  reasonable people can have differences in what they see in this one particular video, but I believe this much is evident: skateboarders greatly outnumbering the guard chose to run toward the point of attack, as opposed to leave- the video clearly show that.  I understand that you take care of and watch out for your friends, but I do not see how anyone going in to either partake in the fight or even be close just in case can be justified based on one 57 year old man against 6-8 20-30 yr old skateboarders in superior physicality.  I also cannot believe, and more importantly will not try to rationalize this security guard as the aggressor, he looks pretty calm moving the barriers several times.  sure, he probably got tired of doing so, and its possible that he has played this game before, and may take some of that residual frustration out on this particular day.  the problem, I can think of nothing he could have said to warrant a group attack, no matter how vulgar or insulting it may have been.  was he trying to take someone's board before the first hit? even if, I think still fails to produce a single ounce of justification.  Ultimately, from the yet unidentified people who laid hands on the guard, it is clear someone throws their best george foreman, sparing any legal discussions, that is simply WRONG.  Even after that, the skateboarders in the video continue to engage, not leave.  when the guard gets up and kicks and throws wild jabs, for anyone to say they then attack out of self-defense...is the guard not defending himself? 

i have no idea who exactly did what, and again people with better evidence will determine that.  I really just chose to dig up my slap account from probably a decade ago to ask anyone who is not sickened by this to consider looking back at what you do as a person and skateboarder.  the balance and power has and will probably always be against skateboarding, and yes the frequency of skateboarders hurt or attacked by authority figures exponentially towers the reverse role.  that cannot justify ever feeling like it is ok or justified to do what happened here.  as a street skateboarder, you win when you get your clip, and you get your clip when you out wit your opponent.  no one will win in this story.  I hope that as a community we can help dan jansen through donations and thoughts, and so that we can show we are not savage beasts looking for this exact scenario.  again, I also hope we are all careful understanding that authority figures could be extra aggressive in their near future toward us based on this incident, please be safe everyone and apologies for the long post, I could not resist.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #487 on: January 05, 2019, 08:59:16 AM »
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #488 on: January 05, 2019, 09:03:04 AM »
Was curious as to how the fuck gx1000 instagram isn't blowing up. Turns out they turned the comments of. Hopefully no one buys their stupid vhs tapes.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #489 on: January 05, 2019, 10:21:04 AM »
"running away like cowards"...i highly doubt any of these people knew this guy was seriously injured.  Also, if a group of people are skating a spot and something like this happens, is everybody there culpable?  If i see a cop/security approaching, i just leave.  if someone else skating the spot after i leave (someone i might not even know) swings on security, am I now part of a gang beating?  It seems like a physical altercation erupted between two people with 8 people total present.  Whoever it was swung on the guard, the guard fell and hit his head, everybody left, which is what most of you would do despite whatever it is you are saying on here. If it would have been apparent how hurt the guy was, im sure (i hope) someone would have called an ambulance. 

I still don't think any of this will matter when this goes to court though.  just the fact that they're skaters and the guy was in a position of authority, they're going to hammer them hard no matter what the circumstances are. 

whatever, i could be wrong, but i'm just trying to go on the limited information that's available.  i'm just saying, its not like GX1000 as a collective ganged up and beat this guy half to death.  They're saying they have video evidence that no one hit him with a board. 

Any time you swing on somebody, there's a chance they can hit their head on the ground and end up brain damaged/dead.  It happens in bar fights all the time.  Its never a good idea unless you need to seriously defend yourself.  Its really tragic, and that guy doesn't deserve this.

Nope, most of us wouldn't put ourselves in that situation in the first place let alone leave a man to die in the street. 

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #490 on: January 05, 2019, 10:58:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You do realize your sources could also be extremely biased, making their opinion worthless right?
[close]

I do. I initially doubted them and probed them for more information. Once I saw this video I immediately reached out to them again and they stuck by their initial statement.

If they are lying to me, then that is a friendship ruined. I do not think that is their goal in this case.
[close]

Zoom out a little bit and think about what type of environment lead to the security guard initiating a physical confrontation. Whether he kicked or lunged or whatever "first" that wasn't really the "first" thing to happen. I guarantee these bros contributed to a hostile environment overall. Was Dan wrong to lunge/kick/whatever? Sure, of course. Does that matter? Hell fucking no. Nothing justifies what these fools did. If you're in a position to check these dudes on this and contribute toward their anxiety about and questioning of their actions, then fucking do it. Don't be a dick rider.
In court it matters.   Passion is the enemy of percision.  The truth shall set you free.  It would be sinful to omit truths cause you dont like them or to bear false witness to even  ur worst enemy.  -Basic type shit. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #491 on: January 05, 2019, 11:25:44 AM »
*edited for clarity

I have never been in a fight as an adult.  34 years old, spent many years as a heavy drinker regularly attending rowdy bars, shows, festivals, etc....seen lots of fights.

It’s incredibly easy not to get into physical confrontations, and everyone I know who has been in more than a fight or two has serious unaddressed aggression/anger issues. 

Fighting is stupid and incredibly dangerous.  If you have a differing attitude on this matter, you’re a reckless person.  Reckless people do dumb shit and go to jail.  I guess they also 360flip street gaps, but lots of people do that without beating anyone within an inch of their life for no reason.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 12:34:44 PM by Hypnotoad »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #492 on: January 05, 2019, 12:02:55 PM »
I have never been in a fight as an adult.  34 years old, spent many years as a heavy drinker regularly attending rowdy bars, shows, festivals, etc....seen lots of fights.

It’s incredibly easy not to get into physical confrontations, and everyone I know who has been in more than a fight or two on a semi regular basis has serious unaddressed aggression/anger issues. 

Fighting is stupid and incredibly dangerous.  If you have a differing attitude on this matter, you’re a reckless person.  Reckless people do dumb shit and go to jail.  I guess they also 360flip street gaps, but lots of people do that without beating anyone within an inch of their life for no reason.

What does " has been in a fight or two on semi regular basis" mean?   And maybe you never got in a fight cause you got a face no body wants to punch (power to you), regardless id say ur post is reductive and thrown together.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #493 on: January 05, 2019, 12:16:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You do realize your sources could also be extremely biased, making their opinion worthless right?
[close]

I do. I initially doubted them and probed them for more information. Once I saw this video I immediately reached out to them again and they stuck by their initial statement.

If they are lying to me, then that is a friendship ruined. I do not think that is their goal in this case.
[close]

Zoom out a little bit and think about what type of environment lead to the security guard initiating a physical confrontation. Whether he kicked or lunged or whatever "first" that wasn't really the "first" thing to happen. I guarantee these bros contributed to a hostile environment overall. Was Dan wrong to lunge/kick/whatever? Sure, of course. Does that matter? Hell fucking no. Nothing justifies what these fools did. If you're in a position to check these dudes on this and contribute toward their anxiety about and questioning of their actions, then fucking do it. Don't be a dick rider.
[close]
In court it matters.   Passion is the enemy of percision.  The truth shall set you free.  It would be sinful to omit truths cause you dont like them or to bear false witness to even  ur worst enemy.  -Basic type shit.

Come on

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #494 on: January 05, 2019, 12:33:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Come on
  Shit!  Before i replied i thought id look up the spelling of percision an found that id misspelt it.  But cause i clicked on the defenition and read it, the irony of the bad spelling hit me and it was trippy.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 12:35:55 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #495 on: January 05, 2019, 12:38:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Come on
[close]
That is some ironic shit - especially when talking down to people.
Ha its not ironic cause im a passionate person!

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #496 on: January 05, 2019, 12:45:58 PM »
Expand Quote

It’s incredibly easy not to get into physical confrontations, and everyone I know who has been in more than a fight or two on a semi regular basis has serious unaddressed aggression/anger issues. 

[close]

What does " has been in a fight or two on semi regular basis" mean?   And maybe you never got in a fight cause you got a face no body wants to punch (power to you), regardless id say ur post is reductive and thrown together.

That was a proofreading error that I have now corrected.

Point is, fighting is for dipshits who can’t control their emotions, and waiting for the “whole story” isn’t super important when someone brained someone else.  There are many potential outcomes in this scenario that don’t end with a guy missing a quarter of his fucking head.  Recognizing and not acting upon macho bullshit and entitlement is an important part of adult life.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #497 on: January 05, 2019, 12:57:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Come on
[close]
  Shit!  Before i replied i thought id look up the spelling of percision an found that id misspelt it.  But cause i clicked on the defenition and read it, the irony of the bad spelling hit me and it was trippy.

COME ON

SlapRhaters

• Rep: -183
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #498 on: January 05, 2019, 12:58:35 PM »
*edited for clarity

It’s incredibly easy not to get into physical confrontations, and everyone I know who has been in more than a fight or two has serious unaddressed aggression/anger issues. 

shut up lol not getting in one fight just means you back down like a beta every time you are confronted. Some people would rather die with respect then live the life of a cuck like you, too scared to stand up or yourself.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #499 on: January 05, 2019, 01:00:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Point is, fighting is for dipshits who can’t control their emotions, and waiting for the “whole story” isn’t super important when someone brained someone else.  There are many potential outcomes in this scenario that don’t end with a guy missing a quarter of his fucking head.  Recognizing and not acting upon macho bullshit and entitlement is an important part of adult life.

People are going be tried in a court of law dude!  So yah the whole point and partial basis for a free society is that "the whole story" is more than "super important". 

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
« Reply #500 on: January 05, 2019, 01:04:53 PM »
Expand Quote
*edited for clarity

[close]

shut up lol not getting in one fight just means you back down like a beta every time you are confronted. Some people would rather die with respect then live the life of a cuck like you, too scared to stand up or yourself.

Easy there, pepe.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #501 on: January 05, 2019, 01:07:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Was curious as to how the fuck gx1000 instagram isn't blowing up. Turns out they turned the comments of. Hopefully no one buys their stupid vhs tapes.
[close]

Cowards. I bought one of their boards and now regret it. Dropping my gx hat off to Goodwill today. Fuck ‘em.
Just hope the person at Goodwill doesn't go on SLAP

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #502 on: January 05, 2019, 01:15:01 PM »
Hate to be that guy but the security card should have walked away and called the cops. I have friends who work security, if they become suspicious of anyone or think they are in danger they are informed to call the police and not take matters into their own hands.

Obviously those guys should have bailed out when he first told them to leave...... not justifying their behavior but why would that guy go Rambo at 8 kids when he could just call the actual cops who would’ve handled the situation for him.

To flip it, last year I watch some big dude smack the shit out of his girlfriend in a hospital parking lot while 6 security guards did nothing but stand in a circle going stop we called the cops.

A lot of times these security guards play tough guy to skaters because they think they are weak/ not a threat. My uncle was a security guard and got his leg broke fighting a guy. They chose who they act authoritative to

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #503 on: January 05, 2019, 01:15:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
*edited for clarity

[close]

[close]

Easy there, pepe.

It’s ok Alan.  I’m a libtard SKW beta cuck soy boy, and I’m comfortable with it.

billy.pepperidge

• Rep: -17
« Reply #504 on: January 05, 2019, 01:19:13 PM »
Hate to be that guy but the security card should have walked away and called the cops. I have friends who work security, if they become suspicious of anyone or think they are in danger they are informed to call the police and not take matters into their own hands.

Obviously those guys should have bailed out when he first told them to leave...... not justifying their behavior but why would that guy go Rambo at 8 kids when he could just call the actual cops who would’ve handled the situation for him.

To flip it, last year I watch some big dude smack the shit out of his girlfriend in a hospital parking lot while 6 security guards did nothing but stand in a circle going stop we called the cops.

A lot of times these security guards play tough guy to skaters because they think they are weak/ not a threat. My uncle was a security guard and got his leg broke fighting a guy. They chose who they act authoritative to
Hypnotoad, who are your 5 coworkers?
Rick Kane, good joke. Rape is funny.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #505 on: January 05, 2019, 01:20:22 PM »
It’s really a group of apes pounding their chest at one ape and then they fought. That security guard thought he was gunna Bruce lee 8 dudes? And then what? he doesn’t have cuffs? He can’t make arrest. His job is to tell stragglers to leave and call the cops of real crimes occur. Whole situation is stupid

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #506 on: January 05, 2019, 01:21:53 PM »

Not relevant really. If he was obligated by the design of his position to have called the police in that situation what your saying might be a relevant point.

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #507 on: January 05, 2019, 01:22:25 PM »
Hate to be that guy but the security card should have walked away and called the cops.
What kind of card could do that?

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #508 on: January 05, 2019, 01:23:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

People are going be tried in a court of law dude!  So yah the whole point and partial basis for a free society is that "the whole story" is more than "super important".

Yes, it’s important for the outcome of the trial.  My point is that getting charged with assault or attempted murder or whatever the fuck is extremely preventable in the first place (especially if you’re white in San Francisco).

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #509 on: January 05, 2019, 01:23:30 PM »
Literally security guards are the biggest pussies on the planet. Bunch of cop wanna-be tough guys. FYI if u want to fight a security guard walk across the street and taunt them. Once they hit the sidewalk it’s fair game