Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 371252 times)

cherry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #510 on: January 05, 2019, 01:24:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Hate to be that guy but the security card should have walked away and called the cops.
[close]
What kind of card could do that?

You’re right I’m an idiot disregard me I’m crazy

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #511 on: January 05, 2019, 01:28:15 PM »
No security guard is asked to put their life on the line. Fuck the skaters but also fuck these hero security guards. Let the dumb pick away at the dumb

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #512 on: January 05, 2019, 01:30:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You do realize your sources could also be extremely biased, making their opinion worthless right?
[close]

I do. I initially doubted them and probed them for more information. Once I saw this video I immediately reached out to them again and they stuck by their initial statement.

If they are lying to me, then that is a friendship ruined. I do not think that is their goal in this case.
[close]

Zoom out a little bit and think about what type of environment lead to the security guard initiating a physical confrontation. Whether he kicked or lunged or whatever "first" that wasn't really the "first" thing to happen. I guarantee these bros contributed to a hostile environment overall. Was Dan wrong to lunge/kick/whatever? Sure, of course. Does that matter? Hell fucking no. Nothing justifies what these fools did. If you're in a position to check these dudes on this and contribute toward their anxiety about and questioning of their actions, then fucking do it. Don't be a dick rider.
[close]
In court it matters.   Passion is the enemy of percision.  The truth shall set you free.  It would be sinful to omit truths cause you dont like them or to bear false witness to even  ur worst enemy.  -Basic type shit.
[close]

Come on
[close]
  Shit!  Before i replied i thought id look up the spelling of percision an found that id misspelt it.  But cause i clicked on the defenition and read it, the irony of the bad spelling hit me and it was trippy.
Finally someone actually knows what irony is
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #513 on: January 05, 2019, 01:55:45 PM »
Lol at anyone responding to poster cherry

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #514 on: January 05, 2019, 02:00:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have never been in a fight as an adult.  34 years old, spent many years as a heavy drinker regularly attending rowdy bars, shows, festivals, etc....seen lots of fights.

It’s incredibly easy not to get into physical confrontations, and everyone I know who has been in more than a fight or two on a semi regular basis has serious unaddressed aggression/anger issues. 

Fighting is stupid and incredibly dangerous.  If you have a differing attitude on this matter, you’re a reckless person.  Reckless people do dumb shit and go to jail.  I guess they also 360flip street gaps, but lots of people do that without beating anyone within an inch of their life for no reason.
[close]

What does " has been in a fight or two on semi regular basis" mean?   And maybe you never got in a fight cause you got a face no body wants to punch (power to you), regardless id say ur post is reductive and thrown together.
[close]

That was a proofreading error that I have now corrected.

Point is, fighting is for dipshits who can’t control their emotions, and waiting for the “whole story” isn’t super important when someone brained someone else.  There are many potential outcomes in this scenario that don’t end with a guy missing a quarter of his fucking head.  Recognizing and not acting upon macho bullshit and entitlement is an important part of adult life.
[close]

People are going be tried in a court of law dude!  So yah the whole point and partial basis for a free society is that "the whole story" is more than "super important".
[close]

Yes, it’s important for the outcome of the trial.  My point is that getting charged with assault or attempted murder or whatever the fuck is extremely preventable in the first place (especially if you’re white in San Francisco).
  Fair play i see the presumtion i made now, sorry.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 02:02:56 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #515 on: January 05, 2019, 02:22:40 PM »
Lol at anyone responding to poster cherry

Y?

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #516 on: January 05, 2019, 02:46:39 PM »
Security guards are hired to observe and report. Often times they cherry pick situations to play on their own ego. It makes them feel inferior to call a real cop so they escalate problems and u get outcomes like this....

Dernpop1

« Reply #517 on: January 05, 2019, 02:52:57 PM »
So is the one kid only getting in trouble?

billy.pepperidge

• Rep: -17
« Reply #518 on: January 05, 2019, 02:56:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Security guards are hired to observe and report. Often times they cherry pick situations to play on their own ego. It makes them feel inferior to call a real cop so they escalate problems and u get outcomes like this....
[close]
You get outcomes like this when pieces of shirt resort to violence like Neanderthals.
Just go ahead and say the word. Say sleeves.

Christ Puncher

• Rep: 40
« Reply #519 on: January 05, 2019, 02:58:02 PM »
Literally security guards are the biggest pussies on the planet. Bunch of cop wanna-be tough guys. FYI if u want to fight a security guard walk across the street and taunt them. Once they hit the sidewalk it’s fair game

Thanks for the heads up... just make sure you check with someone (I don't know, your parents or an elderly person) to make sure assault is legal where you live.
I would skate a Najaf board if it was a nice shoe and my size.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #520 on: January 05, 2019, 02:58:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You get outcomes like this when pieces of shirt resort to violence like Neanderthals.

Situation could’ve ended three ways.  Skaters walk away, everyone’s ok. Security walks away calls cops, everyone is ok or Skaters and security guard physically/verbally escalate each other till someone gets really hurt. It takes two to tango

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #521 on: January 05, 2019, 02:59:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Literally security guards are the biggest pussies on the planet. Bunch of cop wanna-be tough guys. FYI if u want to fight a security guard walk across the street and taunt them. Once they hit the sidewalk it’s fair game
[close]

Thanks for the heads up... just make sure you check with someone (I don't know, your parents or an elderly person) to make sure assault is legal where you live.

Fair game as u will both be arrested vs on their property they are the victim©️

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #522 on: January 05, 2019, 03:01:37 PM »
But also ask ur grandpa because in some states there is a fair fight clause where u can actually have a cop as a witness. Google it cuz I know most of y’all haven’t been in a library ever. I can make those kinds of generalizations because I learned on the great university of slap today that you only need 6 people for an accurate control group
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 03:04:48 PM by cherry »

billy.pepperidge

• Rep: -17
« Reply #523 on: January 05, 2019, 03:04:19 PM »
Expand Quote
So is the one kid only getting in trouble?
[close]

I would assume all of them will eventually face some sort of charge. They all willingly left the man to die in the street.
No, perfectly legal.
http://www.cnn.com/2018/06/26/us/florida-teens-no-charges-drowning-man/index.html
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 03:07:08 PM by billy.pepperidge »

Christ Puncher

• Rep: 40
« Reply #524 on: January 05, 2019, 03:04:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Sounds legal to me, but first: are you my dad and if not, how old are you?
I would skate a Najaf board if it was a nice shoe and my size.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #525 on: January 05, 2019, 03:10:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Sounds legal to me, but first: are you my dad and if not, how old are you?

Wow great points he he high five

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #526 on: January 05, 2019, 03:14:00 PM »
Legal advice on SLAP kind of reminds of grandad getting legal advice from Thugnificent.

14:38
https://dai.ly/x5xh90v

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #527 on: January 05, 2019, 04:07:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Hate to be that guy but the security card should have walked away and called the cops. I have friends who work security, if they become suspicious of anyone or think they are in danger they are informed to call the police and not take matters into their own hands.

Obviously those guys should have bailed out when he first told them to leave...... not justifying their behavior but why would that guy go Rambo at 8 kids when he could just call the actual cops who would’ve handled the situation for him.

To flip it, last year I watch some big dude smack the shit out of his girlfriend in a hospital parking lot while 6 security guards did nothing but stand in a circle going stop we called the cops.

A lot of times these security guards play tough guy to skaters because they think they are weak/ not a threat. My uncle was a security guard and got his leg broke fighting a guy. They chose who they act authoritative to
[close]
Hypnotoad, who are your 5 coworkers?
Rick Kane, good joke. Rape is funny.

You are not quoting me, which is unfortunate because that was a solid burn otherwise.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #528 on: January 05, 2019, 04:16:45 PM »
Shit situation no doubt but most of you are blowing my mind. None of you were there or know what went down. Self defense can be a bitch sometimes. Did the guy deserve this outcome? Definitely not, but do you think this is the outcome anyone wanted or thought was going to happen? It's a freak thing, bad shit happens. If this security guard came in hot and threw the first punch he could've just as well done the same. He should've done his job and called the cops, if he opened the door this was always a possibility. I'm not condoning it, but we are all human beings and imperfect, we all make mistakes...they were made on both sides I'm sure. I've been assaulted by security guards before and hit over the head with a walkie talkie while I was literally filming and my head was down in my viewfinder, I didn't even see it coming. I jumped up and my friend came to my defense and pushed the guy back off, he could've easily have slipped and fell and hit his head on the stairs...or he could've knocked me out with his initial blow and the same fate could've happened to me. I don't think that would've been his intent but this shit happens in the heat of the moment. Everyone leaves the scene, no one thought the dude was gonna die or be badly injured I'm sure. There's two sides to every story and being in these situations over the years I'm sure theres more to it that isn't being publicized. You fucks are so quick to eat your own all it takes is some sad pictures and the other sides story and you fall for it.

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #529 on: January 05, 2019, 04:18:08 PM »
hope he is dead
9/11 was a national tragedy

anontechnician

• Rep: -9
« Reply #530 on: January 05, 2019, 04:21:45 PM »
Pondering if it’s video, advertising, branding, that ultimately led to this. Presumably dudes weren’t exactly there to skate, they came for a clip.

The 2017 thrasher with jason on the cover has an interview with Sean Greene, where he says he broke his neck because he was drunk and didnt want to leave the homies. Could a homie have stayed behind with him? Were they on a filming mission?

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #531 on: January 05, 2019, 04:26:21 PM »
The one guy was defending the shit out of himself when he hit the old man laying on the ground.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #532 on: January 05, 2019, 04:50:56 PM »
I don’t think anyone in here is condoning the skaters actions or wish harm on dan. They should’ve walked away.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #533 on: January 05, 2019, 04:59:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Damn I’m loling irl
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #534 on: January 05, 2019, 05:05:00 PM »
The one guy was defending the shit out of himself when he hit the old man laying on the ground.

SNARFMASTER

• Rep: 3
« Reply #535 on: January 05, 2019, 06:11:52 PM »
Close sources have told me that one of the guys in the GX crew did stay behind/come back to call for medical attention. He’s not one of the main guys, but does skate with them often and is featured in the videos. From the video, I’m certain he wasn’t involved in the altercation. Not going to disclose his name, but someone did call for help.

Nonetheless this whole thing is fucked and the influence these guys have on skateboarding currently may very well diminish after this is said and done. Especially if those comments get turned back on, which I’m guessing won’t happen for a while.

Plead, come back for round 2 or 3 if you need to, but escalating to violence is the worst. I hope this sets a lot of these feisty ego trippin skaters back into a place of patience and understanding.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #536 on: January 05, 2019, 06:38:08 PM »
look at the current level of skating and people are getting hurt the most interacting with security and random people who take it upon themselves to physically assault skaters.

Drop kicking someone for loitering/skating is excessive force. 

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
« Reply #537 on: January 05, 2019, 07:05:22 PM »
if you defend 8 adult dudes bashing a 60 year old's head in and almost murdering him outside of a fucking bank at a blown out spot, go fuck yourself
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #538 on: January 05, 2019, 07:17:43 PM »
I didn’t watch the video but if the security guard was the one who started getting physical shouldn’t he be charged with assault as well? Sucks that one of the suspects is Brian. He’s the only dude from gx I personally know and I’m sure everyone there that night will be charged as accomplices. They stood by and didn’t report the incident to the police and fled the scene without checking if he was okay. 8 grown men could’ve easily restrained the security guard if he was getting violent. Too bad, I loved the “roll up” video. I hope 2019 is the year a lot of people are going to be exposed for the sketchy shit they’ve done including Chase.

nasalcrilltobackpaddle

« Reply #539 on: January 05, 2019, 07:36:10 PM »
First, this thread should is prime evidence of the fact that: if you have even half of a brain in your head, you should stay the fuck away from the absolute morons on this message board. It's unfortunate to those of us who love skateboarding, but also know that skaters are probably the last people we'd want to associate ourselves with these days. Most of the idiots on this thread seem to have a 10 year-olds grasp of logic. It's astounding.

Second, instead of all the beyond-stupid hypotheticals being thrown out by you idiots, the better way to evaluate this situation would be to imagine what Jesse is thinking right now. Do you think he's proud that he fucked that security guard up, happy that he defended himself against a fat old man, stoked that he's in county jail with rapists and murderers and gang members?

I'm willing to be that he would give anything to go back and handle that situation in a completely different manner. He went from being in a predatory 8-on-1 situation, to his little bitch ass being prey in a building full of serious criminals, and being denied bail so he has no way out. Bro is probably crying himself to sleep at night.