Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 372880 times)

Mystical Leader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #1740 on: July 26, 2019, 07:26:56 AM »
Expand Quote
So does slap fuck with GX1000 again or naw?
[close]

They are a rad skate crew, who had an unfortunate run in with security, and some poor guy may never solve quadratic equations again without a calculator, but gx1k are the shit, as a skate fan i put these guys in my top 3....  i dont support giving people brain damage, its sad as fuck, but skating is dangerous, and skaters get toasted all the time, how could anyone hate on gx for this? Best outcome i can see is, gx go fucking brutal hard and make a vid and donate sales to old mates healthcare. Turn the hateballs expectations on their heads... Shred for secco..

Nah more like go "social media break" and travel the world on nikes dime...

But that is great idea for gx to do.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1741 on: July 26, 2019, 07:34:36 AM »
What was thrown out at the security guard on the ground, the first time he fell? A camera?

Still leaning towards the security guard on this one, even after the GX footage.

Say what you want about security being pooseys and all that but a bunch of (hardcore) dudes in their 30s bombing a hill in broad daylight after leaving a father unconscious on the ground is pretty gay

He didn't throw ANYTHING at the security guard. He smashed his walkie talkie on the ground out of frustration. You don't throw something at someone from 5 feet away and miss by 4 feet. It was a stupid decision knowing what the outcome would be 10 seconds later, and it was also probably the reason the guard was so hot when he got up, but it was not a direct attack.

The thing that's fucked up to me is that it's obvious even from the security footage, had the skater footage not come out apparently everyone would still think he punched the guy while he was on the ground.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #1742 on: July 26, 2019, 08:09:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
hadn't noticed Chico is there... that's a huge bummer...  :'(
[close]

:-\

[close]

Was probably on his way to film some ill lines at EMB
damn you Slap detectives

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
« Reply #1743 on: July 26, 2019, 09:13:59 AM »
Like I said in the beginning of this thread there was a lot more evidence to come to light, and this is a good part of it. Violence obviously begets violence, Mr. Jansen never should have approached those guys in a physical manner, seriously wtf was he thinking seeing the number of guys out there and getting all Agro. It simply is not his job to fight kids or men in this case just to enforce some silly rule of “no skateboarding allowed”. It’s a bummer that he has brain damage, and I truly hope for the best there, but this is a consequence of fighting, you’ll never know where it will all end. 

unpop

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1744 on: July 26, 2019, 09:21:04 AM »
The NYT article is one-sided unbalanced, biased. Mainstream media loves to demonize skateboarders because many of them are not obedient to the establishment (except the Nike and Adidas sellouts and the alike); and, most importantly, it sells.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 09:30:50 AM by unpop »

Ocelot

« Reply #1745 on: July 26, 2019, 09:27:35 AM »
Expand Quote
What was thrown out at the security guard on the ground, the first time he fell? A camera?

Still leaning towards the security guard on this one, even after the GX footage.

Say what you want about security being pooseys and all that but a bunch of (hardcore) dudes in their 30s bombing a hill in broad daylight after leaving a father unconscious on the ground is pretty gay
[close]

He didn't throw ANYTHING at the security guard. He smashed his walkie talkie on the ground out of frustration. You don't throw something at someone from 5 feet away and miss by 4 feet. It was a stupid decision knowing what the outcome would be 10 seconds later, and it was also probably the reason the guard was so hot when he got up, but it was not a direct attack.

The thing that's fucked up to me is that it's obvious even from the security footage, had the skater footage not come out apparently everyone would still think he punched the guy while he was on the ground.

are you actually regular?

where does that object magically appear from between 12-14 seconds?

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #1746 on: July 26, 2019, 09:45:51 AM »
Like I said in the beginning of this thread there was a lot more evidence to come to light, and this is a good part of it. Violence obviously begets violence, Mr. Jansen never should have approached those guys in a physical manner, seriously wtf was he thinking seeing the number of guys out there and getting all Agro. It simply is not his job to fight kids or men in this case just to enforce some silly rule of “no skateboarding allowed”. It’s a bummer that he has brain damage, and I truly hope for the best there, but this is a consequence of fighting, you’ll never know where it will all end.

No shit. Kind of like when you push someone over and then a buddy spikes a walkie talkie at them. Pretty sure that is going to cause things to escalate. I can't believe this is even being argued.

Silly rule? Yah it's completely unacceptable that people ask for the rules of their property to be obeyed and their employees to be treated with dignity. Some of you are really sad.

Here Come The Lame Jets

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #1747 on: July 26, 2019, 09:54:57 AM »
The NYT article is one-sided unbalanced, biased. Mainstream media loves to demonize skateboarders because many of them are not obedient to the establishment (except the Nike and Adidas sellouts and the alike); and, most importantly, it sells.

It seemed pretty even-handed to me. Skateboarding will always be a little bit illegal as long as we're skating other people's property, so when people ask you to leave you either leave or make your case. Getting in people's face and tough guying it is for the jocks.

unpop

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1748 on: July 26, 2019, 09:58:14 AM »
The security guy acted like a tough guy.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #1749 on: July 26, 2019, 10:06:02 AM »
Regardless of who's guilty/not guilty of what, it's pretty shameful that they ran away after Dan hit the ground so hard.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #1750 on: July 26, 2019, 10:13:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Regardless of who's guilty/not guilty of what, it's pretty shameful that they ran away after Dan hit the ground so hard.
[close]
Are you the same guy who tells people not to try to help people in a car wreck becasue they might get sued?

You may have misread what he said
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Beeker

« Reply #1751 on: July 26, 2019, 10:13:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

are you actually regular?

where does that object magically appear from between 12-14 seconds?

How does this not make sense? I'm not saying there is no object, he clearly throws the walkie, just not at the guard. It bounces off the ground and thus goes near the guard at some point. It's pretty damn clear in both videos what happens, ya'll are making the skaters seem like psychopaths.

RIDEFLANNELV2

« Reply #1752 on: July 26, 2019, 10:16:35 AM »
Why throw it in his vicinity then? You’re making up such lame excuses. It’s absurd.

Here Come The Lame Jets

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #1753 on: July 26, 2019, 10:24:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Are you the same guy who tells people not to try to help people in a car wreck becasue they might get sued?
No.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #1754 on: July 26, 2019, 10:51:17 AM »

Silly rule? Yah it's completely unacceptable that people ask for the rules of their property to be obeyed and their employees to be treated with dignity. Some of you are really sad.

the sidewalk is not their property.  it's city property.  Once they were on the sidewalk he should have gone inside and called the cops.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

oldbummer

• Rep: -25
« Reply #1755 on: July 26, 2019, 10:55:32 AM »
So the skaters had been there for a while already disrespecting the property.  And then the security disrespects Delatorre's property by throwing his skateboard.  That is crossing the line to him apparently and he initiates a fight by pushing the security guard while he was still on the bench and then charging at the guard.  The only significant blow landed in that fight was to Delatorre's face.

Vierra acts like a pussy by running up to somebody else's fight and initiating an attack on the security guard while he was down.  Security guard gets up and starts to respond in kind and Vierra doesn't want a proper fight so he backs away while adjusting his grip on his board to swing it at the guard which he then does.

The scuffle after that is had to tell what is going on, it appears that someone shoves the guard and that fall might have been what caused the injury.  Or maybe a punch caused him to fall.

In the GX footage it looks like the black guy starts by grabbing the guard.  The security cam footage makes it look like he is clean as he is strongly pulling Vierra away as the guard falls.  Vierra's head comes forward right before the guard falls making it look like he punched or shoved.  At that time the black guy has both arms around Vierra's waist pulling him back.

I wondered who the black guy was because I was curious if it was the same dude that fought a home owner or homeless or something when they parked a car to block the spot/house they were skating.  Don't know how to find that clip though.

Total shit show.  The skaters look bad.

RIDEFLANNELV2

« Reply #1756 on: July 26, 2019, 11:05:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

the sidewalk is not their property.  it's city property.  Once they were on the sidewalk he should have gone inside and called the cops.

Technically but that’s a major stretch and the whole situation could have been avoided. Last I checked Dela was removing their barricade and skate their ledge. So, again, entitlement attitude leads to a fight and a disabled senior citizen. Bravo, guys!

I can’t wait for Dela to lose his sponsorships. Then I can harass him at his job when he has to get a 9 to 5.

Here Come The Lame Jets

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1757 on: July 26, 2019, 11:46:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Technically but that’s a major stretch and the whole situation could have been avoided. Last I checked Dela was removing their barricade and skate their ledge. So, again, entitlement attitude leads to a fight and a disabled senior citizen. Bravo, guys!

I can’t wait for Dela to lose his sponsorships. Then I can harass him at his job when he has to get a 9 to 5.

the mental gymnastics you're going through to vilify these guys despite clear video evidence showing self defense is really impressive. 

Dela fucked your girl?

RIDEFLANNELV2

« Reply #1758 on: July 26, 2019, 11:51:34 AM »
You’re tripping. Are you not watching the same video of Dela pushing the security guard first and then his asshole friend throwing his walkie talkie at him as he lays on the ground? This all happens after they were asked to leave on multiple occasions.

Would the security guard not be a vegetable if they had obeyed property rights? They acted like they are entitled to skate wherever they please.

You’re pathetic.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 11:53:41 AM by RIDEFLANNELV2 »

Here Come The Lame Jets

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #1759 on: July 26, 2019, 11:59:01 AM »
So whats the vibe like in SF right now with this making news, are cops fucking with skaters, is the general public talking shit ?

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1760 on: July 26, 2019, 12:05:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Don’t watch any of the older Baker videos guy, you’re gonna be awfully disappointed in Greco.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 12:07:08 PM by teh canadian suit »
p-shuvs and v-flips

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1761 on: July 26, 2019, 12:23:28 PM »
You’re tripping. Are you not watching the same video of Dela pushing the security guard first and then his asshole friend throwing his walkie talkie at him as he lays on the ground? This all happens after they were asked to leave on multiple occasions.

Would the security guard not be a vegetable if they had obeyed property rights? They acted like they are entitled to skate wherever they please.

You’re pathetic.

lol, had to fix some typos, eh?  The security guard wouldn't be a vegetable if he didn't start a violent confrontation, and then continue to escalate that confrontation causing someone to have to defend himself. 

It's laughable that you think some scraping of a ledge and throwing of a walkie talkie somehow justifies this guy to initiate and escalate a violent confrontation that led to someone having to defend himself. 

"property rights" > a citizen's right to not be assaulted > a citizen's right to defend themself from said assault

got it

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #1762 on: July 26, 2019, 12:25:08 PM »
So whats the vibe like in SF right now with this making news, are cops fucking with skaters, is the general public talking shit ?

it's san francisco dude, no one gives a fuck about anything

RIDEFLANNELV2

« Reply #1763 on: July 26, 2019, 12:35:52 PM »
Expand Quote

You’re pathetic.

[close]

lol, had to fix some typos, eh?  The security guard wouldn't be a vegetable if he didn't start a violent confrontation, and then continue to escalate that confrontation causing someone to have to defend himself. 

It's laughable that you think some scraping of a ledge and throwing of a walkie talkie somehow justifies this guy to initiate and escalate a violent confrontation that led to someone having to defend himself. 

"property rights" > a citizen's right to not be assaulted > a citizen's right to defend themself from said assault

got it

Yes, I did fix some typos and I am completely comfortable in saying that. Is there a problem?

And BTW, again, Dela was the first person to lay his hands on someone else. End of story and go fuck yourself.

I'm done arguing this.

Here Come The Lame Jets

fftc

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1764 on: July 26, 2019, 12:37:33 PM »
Expand Quote

You’re pathetic.
[close]

got it

He didn't. He tossed a skateboard. Long hair started the violent confrontation.
HTH.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1765 on: July 26, 2019, 12:42:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

You’re pathetic.

[close]

got it
[close]

Yes, I did fix some typos and I am completely comfortable in saying that. Is there a problem?

And BTW, again, Dela was the first person to lay his hands on someone else. End of story and go fuck yourself.

I'm done arguing this.

good cause your argument is shit

RIDEFLANNELV2

« Reply #1766 on: July 26, 2019, 12:46:45 PM »
OKAY. You’re right I’m blind and can’t come to a pragmatic conclusion based on obvious visual evidence. Also skateboarders reserve the right not follow the same rules that apply to the rest of society.

Good day and enjoy whatever fantasy world you live in.

Here Come The Lame Jets

Ocelot

« Reply #1767 on: July 26, 2019, 01:00:34 PM »
Ending of the clip is so gross

Bunch of dudes in their 30s bombing away down a hill thinking they can just flee what they've done

The thud of that security guard hitting his head and the almost ragdoll like motion of both his arms falling by his side in unison is ghastly

Beeker

« Reply #1768 on: July 26, 2019, 01:11:25 PM »
Why throw it in his vicinity then? You’re making up such lame excuses. It’s absurd.

He just watched the guard throw his friends board into the street, he walks over and the walkie falls off the guard directly to him, he decides to smash it. The easiest way to do that is to throw it onto the ground directly in front of himself. It happens to be near the guard, but as you can see in the video it wasn't done with intent to hurt the guard, it was done with the intent to smash the walkie. I'm not making excuses I'm explaining what the video is showing.

RIDEFLANNELV2

« Reply #1769 on: July 26, 2019, 01:29:36 PM »
You can’t see who throws the radio so how can you assume their intent? All you can see is an old security guard who was shoved to the ground and then it get whipped right by where he is laying.

You can smash something by throwing it directly on the ground beneath your feet. The trajectory of the radio is far from the throwers body and towards that of the security guard. So to me it looks like that thing whizzed right by the same person who was just assaulted.

And even if he was just trying to smash the walkie? That seems very uncalled for. A sensible person who have checked their friend and told them to chill out and bounce.

Here Come The Lame Jets