Author Topic: Old guy syndrome  (Read 12303 times)

stokedtrout

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Re: Old guy syndrome
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2018, 11:48:02 PM »
As my friends and I have aged through our 20s and into our early 30s (mid 30s in my case), I've observed that many others have talked a lot about going skating, but choose to not actually go skating very often. the cunts are washed. There's only a few of us who actually still skate regularly but we all admit that our best skating was done 10 years ago, and even then it was pretty shit.

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2018, 09:06:13 AM »
Interesting hearing about people leaving and returning to skateboarding. It's definitely different for everyone. I would say the main difference between now and when I was in my prime is that I cant pop as high as I used too, or jump down stairs. Ive probably learned alot of new ledge tricks since I was younger. One thing you have to keep in mind when getting back into skating for one is patience, and also apperciate the little things even if its a simple trick like a 180 or no comply.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2018, 10:12:56 AM »
Expand Quote
  U can't  slam at 32?  Fuk, wait till you try slamming at 42.  Gonz still slams.  I never quit or slowed down but slamming sucks now.  -Old Ness.
[close]

Other than riding a skateboard, there's nothing about Gonz that I'd ever want to emulate.
   I feel skateboarding is an expressive art and the gonz kind of exemplifies that.  What you see with his skating is an expression of what's on the inside so with Gonz there's a lot of beauty I feel.  Maybe someone who knows him personally could access that side but to the public he just appears to have a freakish persona.  The vid he made shitting on the epicly lattered  guy (legitimately can't remember his name -it happens) was a favorite gonz clip of mine among many.  To me that was genius.  -to me he's a full on genius.  The gonz phenom in the 80s would be hard for today's gen. to even fathom. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2018, 10:37:34 AM »
the fucking name is chris nietrako or something like that