Author Topic: even 'war and peace'  (Read 8941 times)

shouldn't

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
even 'war and peace'
« on: November 30, 2018, 04:12:12 PM »

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: even 'war and peace'
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 04:26:24 PM »
They just put this up today because he's gonna be SOTY tomorrow. 

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 04:44:06 PM »
His talent is just uncanny...

One of the best to do it for sure.

soccer mom

• Rep: -17
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 04:53:28 PM »
Holy smokes! dude is unbelievable! deserves SOTY

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 05:27:07 PM »
give that man the trophy

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 05:29:57 PM »
GodDAMN. That was the best B-Sides ever. Hands down.
I really hope Element drops more War and Peace parts.

I was thinking Evan maybe shouldn't get SOTY since so little of this footage was actually filmed this year (and I still think he got robbed in 2016), but holy shit that was just so good. Awards or not, Evan Smith is going down as one of the best of this decade easily and headed towards all time top status.

I'ma watch that part again right now.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

themeangreen

• Rep: -75
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 05:39:03 PM »
Tj can't do any of these tricks. Give the man the trophy he deserves. Doing mushrooms and being in a different planet is better than being a huge dick all the time. Just because you can pop high doesn't make you SOTY.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1198
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 05:43:36 PM »
Lots of really great, gnarly stuff in here.  Amazing skater, and will probably be SOTY.  I just don’t care for his style though.  Felt the same way about Wes.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

themeangreen

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 06:15:10 PM »
Lots of really great, gnarly stuff in here.  Amazing skater, and will probably be SOTY.  I just don’t care for his style though.  Felt the same way about Wes.

Seriously? I liked his style. His ticks were out of this world and landed correct. There's a million better but when it comes to diversifying ledge tricks and big stuff without being a normal rail dude. I can't see much better.

themeangreen

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 06:21:46 PM »
Also Nollie flip up 5 just destroyed TJ's SOTY bid. Nollie up steps is way harder then a trashcan. Sorry TJ!

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 06:33:29 PM »
What's up with Dominick Walkers pants at the end? Do people still wear them like that?

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 06:35:32 PM »
Evan is sick and all, but he's really not my cup of tea. I really just can't stand his style.

conqueso

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2018, 06:44:40 PM »
he eats poop, but he does deserve soty

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2018, 07:04:11 PM »
best dude out.  the same way mushrooms allow one to notice additional dimensions so too does his skating have greater dimension than pretty much everyone else.  and there's a lot of rolling not just a roll up for a single stunt.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • old and in the way
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2018, 07:16:55 PM »

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2018, 07:27:52 PM »

Never speak of wes again you piece of shit.

This was crazy good. The Smith kickflip out on the rail was stomped like a motherfucker.

This guy looks fun as fuck to skate with
Gentleman ninja warlock

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2018, 07:45:46 PM »
If Evan wins even though I want TJ to win I won’t be upset. Evan can literally skate anything, and TJ can’t. it’s like comparing bales to oranges though because it’s like even can do everything at a tier 1 level pro, but TJ, at the stuff he can do, he literally does better then everyone else. Also TJ has much better style then Evan. Evan goes bigger too which helps with them thrasher points.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2018, 08:15:32 PM »
If Evan wins even though I want TJ to win I won’t be upset. Evan can literally skate anything, and TJ can’t. it’s like comparing bales to oranges though because it’s like even can do everything at a tier 1 level pro, but TJ, at the stuff he can do, he literally does better then everyone else. Also TJ has much better style then Evan. Evan goes bigger too which helps with them thrasher points.
i agree with this a lot. tyshawn's part was groundbreaking and the nollie flip over the can shortly after certainly added something to that. with that said, as much timeline that was wasted due to slow mo and lifestyle clips could've been replaced with all of the footage that was in said part. that's what i think minor noticed and hence why he made this out to be another "part" as opposed to calling it a b-roll or a b-side despite his recent leaving emerica. obviously he doesn't want to use the same title he created over at his previous company. in my eyes, it's obviously a battle of those two and i think it's obvious but if we are going to really dispute the two, i'd say evan is obviously more rounded and can still pop his board when need be, hence being a sw bs flip over a table/nollie flip up 5-6 steps which wasn't even in his initial part. it's a hard choice but if i had to chose, it's evan all the way. he was already robbed before and he deserves it, not for eating poop but for being the most well rounded and diverse skateboarder. plus i actually do like his style despite what everyone else has said.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2018, 08:42:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i agree with this a lot. tyshawn's part was groundbreaking and the nollie flip over the can shortly after certainly added something to that. with that said, as much timeline that was wasted due to slow mo and lifestyle clips could've been replaced with all of the footage that was in said part. that's what i think minor noticed and hence why he made this out to be another "part" as opposed to calling it a b-roll or a b-side despite his recent leaving emerica. obviously he doesn't want to use the same title he created over at his previous company. in my eyes, it's obviously a battle of those two and i think it's obvious but if we are going to really dispute the two, i'd say evan is obviously more rounded and can still pop his board when need be, hence being a sw bs flip over a table/nollie flip up 5-6 steps which wasn't even in his initial part. it's a hard choice but if i had to chose, it's evan all the way. he was already robbed before and he deserves it, not for eating poop but for being the most well rounded and diverse skateboarder. plus i actually do like his style despite what everyone else has said.

I agree with what u said, but comparing anybody else in the world to TJ in terms of pop when it comes to flip/spin tricks(obviously Tiago holds this for grinds) is just dumb. Purely because of the shear size of that bag of tricks, and how high he is actually coasting. Like that FOUR stair Evan Nollie flipped up ain’t shit. I could Ollie that set easy as fuck, but just ollieing over one of those cans he just coasts over, dude that shit takes work(Evans Nollie flip wasn’t shit in comparison), wayyyyyy more work. The fucking orange cone, switch ollieing over that??? Are u fucking kidding me. The thing that suprised me the most in his part was how insane his switch game is and is going go to be. The switch back three over the bump to can, the switch variable flip across the street gap, the switch fs board down that fucked rail in NY over the back. Lastly the final reason TJ should win in my opinion is that the clip of him front 180d up a seven stair with a backpack and then switch variables heeling down it, has more style in that clip then anything Evan Smith has done his entire career, and I actually very much enjoy Evans style.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2018, 08:50:36 PM »
Wins on variables
Gentleman ninja warlock

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1198
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2018, 08:54:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Seriously? I liked his style. His ticks were out of this world and landed correct. There's a million better but when it comes to diversifying ledge tricks and big stuff without being a normal rail dude. I can't see much better.

It’s such a subjective thing; I’m glad you like it.  I’m glad that people like Wes.  I just instinctually don’t care for it.  I bet there are some dudes that I like that you think look bad.  ‘Na mean?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2018, 09:03:02 PM »
i cant even imagine how much fun it would be to skate that good

i fucking suck and have a blast lol

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2018, 09:27:32 PM »
TJ's blessed part is gonna be remembered longer than evans peace part...

themeangreen

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2018, 09:27:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I agree with what u said, but comparing anybody else in the world to TJ in terms of pop when it comes to flip/spin tricks(obviously Tiago holds this for grinds) is just dumb. Purely because of the shear size of that bag of tricks, and how high he is actually coasting. Like that FOUR stair Evan Nollie flipped up ain’t shit. I could Ollie that set easy as fuck, but just ollieing over one of those cans he just coasts over, dude that shit takes work(Evans Nollie flip wasn’t shit in comparison), wayyyyyy more work. The fucking orange cone, switch ollieing over that??? Are u fucking kidding me. The thing that suprised me the most in his part was how insane his switch game is and is going go to be. The switch back three over the bump to can, the switch variable flip across the street gap, the switch fs board down that fucked rail in NY over the back. Lastly the final reason TJ should win in my opinion is that the clip of him front 180d up a seven stair with a backpack and then switch variables heeling down it, has more style in that clip then anything Evan Smith has done his entire career, and I actually very much enjoy Evans style.

While you're right but pop and skating some trash cans next to your house isn't close to a well rounded part. Evan did a 540 to flat!!! The greats right now are skating everything and destroying it. Louis Tolentino could ollie over anything and do his same few tricks over shit. The nollie flip over four to me is way more gnarly then over a trash can in New York where TJ can go to the spot whenever. Lets see him fly down some shit besides some marble in LA or perfect shit in France. Tyshawn might be holding it down and is doing well for his type of skating but hes not putting his shit out there, putting himself on the line. Hes ollieing over some shit then collecting money with Fat Bill sucking him off after every ollie he does. TJ is ground breaking but pushing the limits at a school yard is different then forcing your body over 2 stories for a wallie. It's not even close.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2018, 09:37:49 PM »
Even's 540 is a glorified fly out

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2018, 10:04:54 PM »
Good lord Evan is good. 
I very much enjoyed the jogger scooting our of the way, looking back, and giving a thumbs up after the kickflip 360 on the hip.  I’ve always loved bystander stoke.

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2018, 10:14:19 PM »
While you're right but pop and skating some trash cans next to your house isn't close to a well rounded part. Evan did a 540 to flat!!! The greats right now are skating everything and destroying it. Louis Tolentino could ollie over anything and do his same few tricks over shit. The nollie flip over four to me is way more gnarly then over a trash can in New York where TJ can go to the spot whenever. Lets see him fly down some shit besides some marble in LA or perfect shit in France. Tyshawn might be holding it down and is doing well for his type of skating but hes not putting his shit out there, putting himself on the line. Hes ollieing over some shit then collecting money with Fat Bill sucking him off after every ollie he does. TJ is ground breaking but pushing the limits at a school yard is different then forcing your body over 2 stories for a wallie. It's not even close.

ur downplaying the fuck outta TJ's part. ur saying a nollie flip over a four stair at some strip mall is more impressive than a nollie flip over a fucking trash can ? u ever wonder why it took so long for someone to nollie flip a trash can ? cause its fucking hard as shit theres literally no comparing the two. TJ had like 3 clips at a school yard in Blessed and 80% of the rest of it was filmed in one of the busiest and most crowded cities in the world

also how bout a backside flip over a house for ya ? landing backwards ? thats "not putting it on the line" ?

John Florence

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2018, 10:37:17 PM »
Skating the dream spots around the world VS skating the stuff where you live is an age old pro skater's dilemna. I don't know where Evan's from but if the spots look not too good there then he doesn't have much choice, and if he decides to move somewhere aesthetically pleasing like NYC and starts filming just there he'll be seen as trying too hard to create an image. Some questions: "would Tyshawn look as good in Alabama ?"  "Can you give SOTY to a city?" "is it important to skate reliable spots / architecture in order to get recognized ?" " does all of that even matters?" etc...

PeggyHillsShittySpanish

• Rep: 2
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2018, 12:03:58 AM »
SOTY.

yerbamate

• Rep: 0
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2018, 12:06:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Never speak of wes again you piece of shit.

This was crazy good. The Smith kickflip out on the rail was stomped like a motherfucker.

This guy looks fun as fuck to skate with

The sound of his wheels fucking smacking the concrete... Too glad they played it twice.