Author Topic: Tommy Wright III  (Read 1149 times)

Kaviar1911

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Tommy Wright III
« on: November 27, 2018, 05:09:46 PM »
So I am new to the bay area. But I am a promoter and I recently booked Tommy Wright III ON A BAY AREA RUN AS PART OF HIS TOUR.  What I’ve noticed about San Jose, is that none of the major underground acts come there— instead choosing Sacramento or Oakland.  I did see that The major main stream stars do come there like Drake and Migos..... but no SHWB, Denzel Curry, IDK Jeffery, Fiend, Lox, Curren$y, Project Pat etc.  why is that???   Is this show a bad idea? Or should I move it to a different location other than the Ritz?  Would the scene come out to support an OG 90s UG Legend in SJ?

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
Re: Tommy Wright III
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 03:33:40 AM »
TOMMY WRIGHT ON DA CREEP WITH THA FUCKIN SAWN OFF

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 01:46:10 PM »
The Ritz is tight, and it’s owned by Corey O’Brien. I’d go.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 610
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 03:51:49 PM »
I attempted to see him in Detroit a couple weeks ago. That night I was texting with a girl who was only in town for a couple days, but I decided to stick with my original plan to see Tommy Wright then meet up with her after. By the time his tourmate's set ended around midnight, Tommy Wright was nowhere to be found by his tourmates or the venue staff, so I left, then at the same time got a text from the girl that she was calling it a night. I checked IG the next morning and it looks like he finally got to the venue at like 1:30. I love Tommy Wright but I'm forever going to be a little bitter that he blue ballsed me on two fronts.

Kaviar1911

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 05:13:07 PM »
Dude.....he’s forever doing something shady!  That’s my guy, I’ve known him for years but we are beefing right now because he’s trying to extort me for way more money than he’s worth.  If we don’t work out a suitable price tonight, I’m gonna move forward with project pat or idontknowjeffery and Black smurf

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 610
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 05:45:21 PM »
If you're looking for numbers, I want to say there were a little over 50 people there. Bear in mind, this was on a Monday night at a punk bar in a fringe neighborhood of Detroit during the first big snow of the year.

If you book him, tell him I'll accept an old tape as forgiveness for blue ballsing me on two fronts.

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 02:48:10 PM »
Chicken bone now it's on, now it's on, now it's on 🍗