Author Topic: Huf is done  (Read 79937 times)

Coolhats

Re: Huf is done
« Reply #240 on: February 07, 2019, 10:03:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A new store is not a skate shoe program which is what they are not doing anymore for the 50th goddamn time. Cromer is talking about his shoe and acting like everything is good because that's his job while it still exists.
[close]

i get that, but on the other hand, you have austyn responding to DM's confirming the demise of the team. the two biggest pros on huf are handling it pretty differently
[close]

One of those guys has a shoe coming out right before they turn the lights off and has a short window to get royalties and one of them doesn't.

Austin might be bitter too since it looks like his shoes got canned. Both the original and whatever plans they had for a 2nd one. Hopefully Cromer ends up somewhere good.

h00man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #241 on: February 07, 2019, 10:29:07 AM »
theyre keeping the Dylans

I need real confirmation
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #242 on: February 07, 2019, 12:51:32 PM »
Expand Quote
A new store is not a skate shoe program which is what they are not doing anymore for the 50th goddamn time. Cromer is talking about his shoe and acting like everything is good because that's his job while it still exists.
[close]

i get that, but on the other hand, you have austyn responding to DM's confirming the demise of the team. the two biggest pros on huf are handling it pretty differently

one still gets his shoe coming out, the other one is contracted until 2022, and won't be getting paid out for it

Alonzo

• Rep: 1
« Reply #243 on: February 07, 2019, 01:16:38 PM »
Maybe we'll get Gillette on Adidas, that'd be nice.

Gross!

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #244 on: February 07, 2019, 04:52:41 PM »
Expand Quote
cromer was just talking about his new shoe coming out. it's super weird to me to have new product coming out when it'll be dead 5 months after it comes out.
[close]

not only that, he has a part coming out with it.

I mean, it's a résumé booster.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #245 on: February 07, 2019, 04:56:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
cromer was just talking about his new shoe coming out. it's super weird to me to have new product coming out when it'll be dead 5 months after it comes out.
[close]

not only that, he has a part coming out with it.
[close]

I mean, it's a résumé booster.

for sure, potential suitors will definitely be interested in seeing what he has been up to. its not like he can really sit on that footage

SpankerChief

• Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #246 on: February 07, 2019, 05:31:34 PM »
I heard from the inside that they turned down a collab with Fortnite, fearing that Epic's game would hurt their brand image. yeah… it's only the biggest game ever with a player base that crushes ever other title. And to think with that crossover appeal? Wow.
That's an interesting speculation, to be honest if your brand isn't doing too well might as well milk it.

If it'll please the court of the Slap board, Nike SB, Adidas, Converse, Van's, New Balance, are the Champ's of skate shoes. There's a tier of "skater owned brands" to corporate and so far the bigger brands are crushing it.

Even though we'd like to think Van's are core they're just as guilty as Nike.......

Lakia probably should have done a small collab with Fortnite, see how it goes.... The others e'S, Etnies, emerica, probably are struggling with sales as of the bigger brands.
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

Daniel

• Rep: 9
« Reply #247 on: February 09, 2019, 09:08:17 AM »
There's a shoe on Former's story with caption "June"
Possible footwear collection and even Austyn pro model?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #248 on: February 09, 2019, 09:10:22 AM »
So I stopped skating Huf like 2 years ago but I feel like if they stuck around, they could potentially make some nice looking puffy cupsoles that would be legit.
That would make me start wanting to buy Huf again but I guess it’ll never happen.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #249 on: February 09, 2019, 09:46:31 AM »

lol no.

austyn is still contracted, and will be getting on one of the big 3 come january 1st 2020.

heard from someone at vans that he has been actively in discussions with them, but it's almost impossible for him to get on vans at the moment. crazy.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #250 on: February 09, 2019, 10:02:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol no.

austyn is still contracted, and will be getting on one of the big 3 come january 1st 2020.

heard from someone at vans that he has been actively in discussions with them, but it's almost impossible for him to get on vans at the moment. crazy.

it's been said before,  but you're my favorite bucky lasek co pilot

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #251 on: February 09, 2019, 10:05:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol no.

Austyn on vans would be so haggard lol.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #252 on: February 09, 2019, 10:09:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

lol no.

[close]
Austyn on vans would be so haggard lol.

almost as haggard as your kratom addiction

vans seems to be one of the hardest companies to get on. so i'd be surprised if it happened. i thought he'd be a shoe in for cons, but not looking likely either. my money is on adidas.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 10:25:39 AM by honey island »

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #253 on: February 09, 2019, 10:10:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

lol no.

[close]

texted bucky today reminding him he was going to hook me up with an old pair of his genetics pro model. haven't heard back yet. will update when i do.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 10:24:15 AM by honey island »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #254 on: February 09, 2019, 10:39:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

lol no.

[close]

[close]

texted bucky today reminding him he was going to hook me up with an old pair of his genetics pro model. haven't heard back yet. will update when i do.
I texted Bucky today too and he answered me right away.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 656
« Reply #255 on: February 09, 2019, 01:10:01 PM »
Didn't Austyn almost get on Cons before Huf? Would that mess with his chances now?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2325
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #256 on: February 09, 2019, 03:04:23 PM »
If it'll please the court of the Slap board, Nike SB, Adidas, Converse, Van's, New Balance, are the Champ's of skate shoes. There's a tier of "skater owned brands" to corporate and so far the bigger brands are crushing it.

Even though we'd like to think Van's are core they're just as guilty as Nike.......

Lakia probably should have done a small collab with Fortnite, see how it goes.... The others e'S, Etnies, emerica, probably are struggling with sales as of the bigger brands.

Was not pleasing.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -258
« Reply #257 on: February 09, 2019, 03:46:18 PM »
This has probably been covered, but are they going to continue as a clothing label?

somedudefromnj

« Reply #258 on: February 09, 2019, 06:18:12 PM »
This has probably been covered, but are they going to continue as a clothing label?

Absolutely

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #259 on: February 15, 2019, 12:05:54 PM »
new drop, looks like a lot of the guys got colourways as parting gifts

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #260 on: February 15, 2019, 12:42:10 PM »
Colorway severance package

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
« Reply #261 on: February 15, 2019, 01:11:37 PM »
are they giving a good chunk to the foundation off dylan's shoes? If they keep selling it after dropping the shoe program, seems like the only right thing to do. doubt dylan would love them profiting a bunch after cutting out his teammates of a paycheck.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #262 on: February 15, 2019, 01:31:24 PM »
are they giving a good chunk to the foundation off dylan's shoes? If they keep selling it after dropping the shoe program, seems like the only right thing to do. doubt dylan would love them profiting a bunch after cutting out his teammates of a paycheck.
I just got mine in the mail and they have a card that says partial proceeds go to the foundation. I think they'd continue because it just convinced me to buy another pair after I get paid.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
« Reply #263 on: February 15, 2019, 02:40:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I just got mine in the mail and they have a card that says partial proceeds go to the foundation. I think they'd continue because it just convinced me to buy another pair after I get paid.
Thats good to hear. Gonna get a pair soon i think.

iSk84thechicas

• Rep: -47
  • Thats right - Her AND her cousin
« Reply #264 on: February 15, 2019, 03:46:34 PM »
Yeahhhh super reliable source here

Fuck all this Huf shit we're are the ice cream sandwiches?

-"...Because we all know if Baker were Guns N Roses, Braydon would be Steven Adler..."

- "When I'm not getting laid , I'm hauling myself down a 5 flat 5....Time to man up son!"

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 810
« Reply #265 on: April 16, 2019, 10:27:14 AM »

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 100
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #266 on: April 16, 2019, 10:29:14 AM »
Shit somebody needs to text Bucky

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #267 on: April 16, 2019, 10:29:24 AM »
"Footwear is such a small business for us and it just doesn’t work to make it to our standards. There’s so much that goes into making footwear, including cost. We’ve been doing it for 8 years and I feel like it stayed in the same place. It became a clutch where I couldn’t work with a Vans, Nike, or Adidas because we could no longer be a partner"

lol, this fucking guy

phlatspots

• Rep: -2
« Reply #268 on: April 16, 2019, 10:44:19 AM »
I actually heard this from a friend who works in the NY shop, this might be true

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -68
« Reply #269 on: April 16, 2019, 10:46:53 AM »
I bought a pair of Huf shoes and they were the fucking worst, couldn't hardly walk in them, let alone skate in 'em.
That being said, I've always been a fan of Keith's.
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance