Author Topic: Huf is done  (Read 79925 times)

basketballball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
Re: Huf is done
« Reply #300 on: April 17, 2019, 09:47:29 AM »
I think where they fucked up was not making shoes with built-in weed sock liners and stash pockets.
take my rep away

FROTHY

« Reply #301 on: April 17, 2019, 02:08:48 PM »
"Arbitrary hate" is absolute nonsense. They sold to an investment group who cut the shoe program because it wasn't making as much as they wanted. How does that get a pass? The brand isn't shutting down, they're cutting only skateboarding. Everybody else stays. It's exactly what everyone bellyaches about the big dogs doing (which they haven't) but because Keith Hufnagel made some money it's fine?
I heard it's a core investment group, run by skateboarders. If so, Huf really kept it real.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #302 on: April 17, 2019, 02:41:22 PM »
Good interview.  Making shoes sounds like a bitch compared to making apparel. So many sizes and colors vs. just S/M/L/XL.  Especially when competing with Nike, Adidas, Cons, etc.  I got a couple pairs of HUFs when they were doing the mystery box thing.  They were Ok.  Not the best, not the worst. I was stoked on how he treated the team. 

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #303 on: April 17, 2019, 05:10:55 PM »
I had a pair of Ramondetta's a few years back and they were pretty disappointing.

I will say that the Dylan's seem to skate similar to the Gravis model, which was my favorite shoe of all time. Needless to say, I will regret not buying as many pairs as possible.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #304 on: April 17, 2019, 06:07:18 PM »
Huf shoes: look cool, don’t skate well.

Front Blunt

• Rep: -4
« Reply #305 on: April 17, 2019, 06:15:04 PM »
Huf shoes: look cool, don’t skate well.

This. The hupper 2 isnt bad tho. The dylans look great but dont hold up well. However the first dylan pro for huf with the laces were amazing, one of my favorites

Ghost Face

• Rep: 125
« Reply #306 on: April 17, 2019, 11:19:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
"Arbitrary hate" is absolute nonsense. They sold to an investment group who cut the shoe program because it wasn't making as much as they wanted. How does that get a pass? The brand isn't shutting down, they're cutting only skateboarding. Everybody else stays. It's exactly what everyone bellyaches about the big dogs doing (which they haven't) but because Keith Hufnagel made some money it's fine?
[close]
I heard it's a core investment group, run by skateboarders. If so, Huf really kept it real.
[close]
Altamont Capital is not run by skateboarders. (sorry if you were joking and I just didn't pick up on it).

https://www.altamontcapital.com/portfolio/all/

They haven't owned Huf since Nov 2017.

TSi own it and this guy runs things there. They also own Stussy.

https://wwd.com/fashion-news/street-style/huf-worldwide-ceo-eddie-miyoshis-balancing-act-plans-for-huf-1202780246/

https://www.tsi-holdings.com/brand_e.html
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3422
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #307 on: April 18, 2019, 05:11:20 PM »
I've seen the owner of TSi on a longboard so it's cool this brand is still core.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #308 on: April 18, 2019, 06:13:44 PM »
Tyler  Bledsoe
Dick Rizzo
Brad Crommer
Austin Gillet
Sammy Winter
Joey Pepper

Amazing skaters without shoe sponsor.

Barf The Mog

« Reply #309 on: April 18, 2019, 06:35:26 PM »
Tyler  Bledsoe - good fit for NB#
Dick Rizzo
Brad Crommer
Austin Gillet
Sammy Winter
Joey Pepper

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #310 on: April 18, 2019, 08:02:22 PM »
I'm looking forward to buying a 6 pack of weed socks at Ross for $10 in a few years.
unreadable trap logo

Shuh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #311 on: April 18, 2019, 08:12:56 PM »
Tyler  Bledsoe
Dick Rizzo
Brad Crommer
Austin Gillet
Sammy Winter
Joey Pepper

Es and lakai need to step up snatch these dudes, but they probably wont. Most of them would probably end up on the flow pro for the big 4 which is depressing

shit_for_brains

« Reply #312 on: April 18, 2019, 08:26:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Tyler  Bledsoe
Dick Rizzo
Brad Crommer
Austin Gillet
Sammy Winter
Joey Pepper

[close]

Es and lakai need to step up snatch these dudes, but they probably wont. Most of them would probably end up on the flow pro for the big 4 which is depressing

Lakai is owned by an offshoot family of brands of the company that owns Huf. They're next. eS sponsors as few people as possible. Nike and adidas pay salaries.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #313 on: April 18, 2019, 08:31:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Dick Rizzo
Brad Crommer
Austin Gillet
Sammy Winter
Joey Pepper

[close]

I could see bledsoe on NB, but also on State with the pacific NW connections, or most likely the Oregon Nike connection with Pro Flow and photo incentives.

FROTHY

« Reply #314 on: April 19, 2019, 12:21:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Altamont Capital is not run by skateboarders. (sorry if you were joking and I just didn't pick up on it).

https://www.altamontcapital.com/portfolio/all/
[close]

They haven't owned Huf since Nov 2017.

TSi own it and this guy runs things there. They also own Stussy.

https://wwd.com/fashion-news/street-style/huf-worldwide-ceo-eddie-miyoshis-balancing-act-plans-for-huf-1202780246/

https://www.tsi-holdings.com/brand_e.html
[close]
Still makes the point that they're not "skater owned".

That guy reminds me of the old Transworld Business industry news that would be like "Blah Blah, who used to be in charge of women's swimwear at Oakley is the new VP of sunglasses at Element".

I was joking about the skater-owned investment group.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #315 on: April 19, 2019, 01:46:50 PM »
I'm looking forward to buying a dimebag of weed socks at Ross for $10 in a few years.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 633
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #316 on: April 19, 2019, 01:49:22 PM »
Tomorrow will be HUF Footwear's last 4/20  :-[

somedudefromnj

« Reply #317 on: April 19, 2019, 01:52:43 PM »
Tyler  Bledsoe
Dick Rizzo
Brad Crommer
Austin Gillet
Sammy Winter
Joey Pepper

wasnt he aussie tm too? (sammy winter)

Sucks man

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #318 on: April 19, 2019, 01:55:29 PM »
still wonder if lakai will grab anybody in-house from huf. as other have said i suspect austyn & cromer (rizzo?) will get picked by cons or whoever, but could we see bledsoe on lakai? they seemed to have steadied their ship so it'd be cool for them to have more riders outside crail...

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #319 on: April 19, 2019, 01:58:09 PM »
Sammy Winter

he's already off the team page, maybe he found something

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #320 on: April 19, 2019, 02:48:44 PM »
lakai is for sure in a worse financial state than huf was. there's no way they add any of those guys.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

driller

« Reply #321 on: April 19, 2019, 03:14:54 PM »
Who cares about huf? it was a skater owned brand anyways....nike rulez, adidas rulez and cons rulez. They are cool brands. Glad huf is done. Hope eS is next

Barf The Mog

« Reply #322 on: April 19, 2019, 03:26:17 PM »
still wonder if lakai will grab anybody in-house from huf. as other have said i suspect austyn & cromer (rizzo?) will get picked by cons or whoever, but could we see bledsoe on lakai? they seemed to have steadied their ship so it'd be cool for them to have more riders outside crail...

Matt Gottwig would be a good fit for Lakai, they need a new krooked person since Sebo left.

Bledsoe will most likely get the adidas or Nike hookup due to him being an Oregonian.

Sucks HUF shoes is folding. Pretty soon all the videos will be just one big advertisement for the swoosh and three stripes.

I'm backing Lakai right now, they have new vegan shoes.

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #323 on: April 19, 2019, 03:27:38 PM »
The riders have known the brand was done for a while, according to the interview, and none of them are on anything different yet. They might all have a hard time finding new shoe sponsors.

nwgrandpapa

• Rep: -1
  • My friend Mike is on here
« Reply #324 on: April 19, 2019, 03:58:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Dick Rizzo
Brad Crommer
Austin Gillet
Sammy Winter
Joey Pepper

[close]

Lmao poor sammy winter just can’t catch a break over the last 5 years. Analog, Gravis, Cliché, and now huf dying on him. deeeaar loord

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #325 on: April 19, 2019, 04:01:03 PM »
He sure seems to be trying to be a pro skater with all that footage he’s put out since 2013
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
« Reply #326 on: April 19, 2019, 05:06:17 PM »
Going to start a prediction list:

Austin Gillette - Converse, or maybe Common Projects starts doing skate shoes or something
Josh Matthews - State or Adidas Pro Flow (Silas/Oregon connection)
Brad Cromer - Converse fully on. Brad was skating in classic Cons in Krook3d days. Meant to be.
Dan Plunkett - Back to Nike flow, maybe a TM role (Skate Mental Connect)
Tyler Bledsoe - Nike Flow, maybe Lakai fully on in a Lakai attempt to diversify and give the people what they want.
Joey Pepper - Back to Converse pro flow
Dick Rizzo - Nike fully on, Dick and Josh Wilson Nike/Quasi shared part with collab Blazer colorway
Jake Anderson - Vans weird pro flow team (Axel, Greyson etc.) from Curren connection
Justin Drysen - Adidas flow then gets fully on Globe via SML Wheels connection. Leaves Quasi, Ends up on Almost team
Salomon Cardenas - Maybe State or Back to Nike flow, fully on in a year.
Sammy Winter - Vans Aus Team

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #327 on: April 19, 2019, 05:16:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dick Rizzo
Brad Crommer
Austin Gillet
Sammy Winter
Joey Pepper

[close]
[close]

Lmao poor sammy winter just can’t catch a break over the last 5 years. Analog, Gravis, Cliché, and now huf dying on him. deeeaar loord

I was thinking the same.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #328 on: April 19, 2019, 05:30:34 PM »
Going to start a prediction list:

Austin Gillette - Converse, or maybe Common Projects starts doing skate shoes or something
Josh Matthews - State or Adidas Pro Flow (Silas/Oregon connection)
Brad Cromer - Converse fully on. Brad was skating in classic Cons in Krook3d days. Meant to be.
Dan Plunkett - Back to Nike flow, maybe a TM role (Skate Mental Connect)
Tyler Bledsoe - Nike Flow, maybe Lakai fully on in a Lakai attempt to diversify and give the people what they want.
Joey Pepper - Back to Converse pro flow
Dick Rizzo - Nike fully on, Dick and Josh Wilson Nike/Quasi shared part with collab Blazer colorway
Jake Anderson - Vans weird pro flow team (Axel, Greyson etc.) from Curren connection
Justin Drysen - Adidas flow then gets fully on Globe via SML Wheels connection. Leaves Quasi, Ends up on Almost team
Salomon Cardenas - Maybe State or Back to Nike flow,Converse flo because of Mackey/ Cons connection fully on in a year.
Sammy Winter - Vans Aus Team

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #329 on: April 19, 2019, 05:59:34 PM »

I never really saw anything special from huf and there were a few shoe designs that were straight rip off of other shoes

Like the huf “galaxy” we’re basically a knock off of the busenitz vulc, the hupper 2 straight look exactly like Jack parcels, the hufnagel 2 I’ve seen before but can’t remeber what shoe had the design first

I always had this feeling too that huf was just a trend brand wannabe, like they wanna be in the ranks of supreme, bronze, palace, and those guys(yes I know huf had a collab with bronze) but they just aren’t that kind of brand

They made their name with the weed socks then the shoes, I know a lot of you guys like the shoes but idk...the brand just seemed like it was trying so hard
yes