Author Topic: Terry Kennedy of baker  (Read 763357 times)

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Terry Kennedy of baker
« Reply #4710 on: June 09, 2021, 07:45:02 AM »
legit i think they had the settings on low on the phone and they dont understand how to switch it or they have some option selected like "dont upload high quality when data is on" or some shit

tk switch game acutally elevating!

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #4711 on: June 11, 2021, 09:19:24 AM »

the 2021 SAD with the iphone instead of the towel

Letsfilmavideo

• Rep: 16
« Reply #4712 on: June 11, 2021, 09:22:48 AM »
How the fuck did this man get in Jahs park
I always got one of my boys holdin a jar of leak and a fat blunt, so as soon as i land the trick we gettin wet you know?

Red Eyed Swimmer

• Rep: 2
« Reply #4713 on: June 11, 2021, 09:29:20 AM »
his "skills" have not aged well...i know he's at least 35-36 but i see these 40+ former pros still smashing and he's posting warm up clips

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #4714 on: June 11, 2021, 10:20:51 AM »
his "skills" have not aged well...i know he's at least 35-36 but i see these 40+ former pros still smashing and he's posting warm up clips

lol i dont think you should really hold TK to the same standard you hold ryan gallant / reynolds etc. im pretty sure he lost touch with skating a long time ago and possible was injured too. he just hasnt been connected to the game and its obvoius. it is very hard to be this age and still shredding super hard - a lot has to line up imo.

koston clips were not great on the new nike vid lets be real. not everyone is reynolds but i also agree with you that TK has really no excuse for not still being really good cause its not like he was like taking tons of time off to do something else or anything. He may have been injured though many times so that is kind of a hard thing for us to gauge. my ankle is so fucked now, i can 100% back fifty that hubba as well and im the same age, was never sponsored etc. but i wouldnt cause its so risky for me to blow up my ankle off such a heavy impact even if i rolled away. and I DID take mad time off to do other shit lol.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #4715 on: June 11, 2021, 10:29:26 AM »
Crazy Tk is basically as good & better than he was considering he knocked the hammers out
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #4716 on: June 11, 2021, 10:30:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol i dont think you should really hold TK to the same standard you hold ryan gallant / reynolds etc. im pretty sure he lost touch with skating a long time ago and possible was injured too. he just hasnt been connected to the game and its obvoius. it is very hard to be this age and still shredding super hard - a lot has to line up imo.

koston clips were not great on the new nike vid lets be real. not everyone is reynolds but i also agree with you that TK has really no excuse for not still being really good cause its not like he was like taking tons of time off to do something else or anything. He may have been injured though many times so that is kind of a hard thing for us to gauge. my ankle is so fucked now, i can 100% back fifty that hubba as well and im the same age, was never sponsored etc. but i wouldnt cause its so risky for me to blow up my ankle off such a heavy impact even if i rolled away. and I DID take mad time off to do other shit lol.

TK had a reality show on BET that outlined his decent away from skateboarding, not being able to perform at SL, drama with his brothers, trying to sell his rap/hip hop.  This was like 10+yrs ago.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #4717 on: June 11, 2021, 10:36:46 AM »
right on, that adds up then. just wild to me that he had that much going on he wasnt skating

i think its pretty common at a certain age you kinda lose interest in skating a bit / lotsa other shit going on. very few people can survive all the injuries and shit. also just a lot of my friends moved away and stuff too.

i noticed leo romero was on hiatus from skating the exact same years i was. his last part was 2012 and then comeback back in 2019. that is right around the time i really started getting heavy back into skating again. we are the same age. was from around the time i met my wife > kids turned ~2 or 3. was always skating but it definintely became less of a priorty and was at some points only skating like once a month for awhile.  now its like every day again almost and progressing again.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #4718 on: June 11, 2021, 10:53:41 AM »
The part he put out a few years ago wasn’t bad at all for a 35 year old. Terry is a master of trolling. He just needs Jacob Walder there to get the angles right. Shalom.

Red Eyed Swimmer

• Rep: 2
« Reply #4719 on: June 11, 2021, 11:10:06 AM »
trust me I get it that life gets in the way. I was just saying that for someone that was pro for baker/element etc his skills are closer to a slap poster than his peers. I'm sure Koston can still get down but he's obviously over "trying". I just see folks like Stevie, Guy, Henry, Prod(same age) still skating at a high level - hell even Jcas still has some moves. I know he was never on most of these guys level to begin with but they all had time away from the wood/serious injuries. Glad its still fun for him tho.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
« Reply #4720 on: June 11, 2021, 11:15:52 AM »

the 2021 SAD with the iphone instead of the towel

less than a year ago

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #4721 on: June 11, 2021, 11:18:18 AM »

TK wasn't as good as his peers in his PRIME, no way he's going to stack up against legends that are an anomaly in themselves

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #4722 on: June 11, 2021, 11:41:39 AM »
I didnt really want to make an entire new thread for this , but i think these skaters who are well into their 40s RIPPING are in GOAT territory

like, I just cant help but feel that Reynolds is the fucking best ever. he has just killed it in every way possible?!? can anyone hate on this man? has anyone put out as much progressive stuff while looking that sick? also i dont think hes kooked it much and also helped create some of our favorite brands + videos along the way.

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
« Reply #4723 on: June 11, 2021, 02:23:53 PM »
Look at any old TK part... what would would make anyone think his actual skating would age well. That being said, for his age, he still is good in a general sense, just not as a pro.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #4724 on: June 11, 2021, 03:08:53 PM »
I didnt really want to make an entire new thread for this , but i think these skaters who are well into their 40s RIPPING are in GOAT territory

like, I just cant help but feel that Reynolds is the fucking best ever. he has just killed it in every way possible?!? can anyone hate on this man? has anyone put out as much progressive stuff while looking that sick? also i dont think hes kooked it much and also helped create some of our favorite brands + videos along the way.
Carroll.

Reynolds has some pretty bad kooking it stories from his drinking days. Not saying anything is wrong with thinking he's the GOAT. Personally, I'd lean to Daewon or Carroll though. Carroll just has one of the best styles of all-time while being progressive technically, and Daewon arguably has the best combined eye for spots combine with ridiculous technical ability. But, this stuff is entirely subjective.

Garfiled L. Asagna LLC

• Rep: -2
« Reply #4725 on: June 11, 2021, 03:20:30 PM »

He's having fun.
The people are having fun.
What don't you get about fun?

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #4726 on: June 11, 2021, 03:40:25 PM »

7:43 Mild Spitta vs Terry Kennedy beef from back in the day because of the XXL freshmen cover

Harold Hunter gets briefly discussed later in the interview too

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4727 on: June 11, 2021, 03:51:44 PM »

First one comes to mind, just did it & did it. Even after Made2 & announcing Vans still doing great footage and skating above the level you would see a pro just doing their thing
Then you can see why skating has creative cool skaters because of guys like him who pushed it forward
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #4728 on: June 11, 2021, 04:39:32 PM »
I wonder if Ter is ever going to drop that DOC he flew to China to film, or what the hell was going on there? I'm assuming some trust fund Ice Cream baby flew him out to his 45th B Day and there was no Doc.

The fake stee on his landings is getting worse, Back up Terry! Back up Terry!

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4729 on: June 11, 2021, 08:46:37 PM »
What are you even saying? Please Shalom it up
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Southernmost

• Rep: 117
« Reply #4730 on: June 11, 2021, 10:58:49 PM »
Just watched the Life on Video with Reynolds. The way he talks about Terry having his fav part in Baker 3 makes me wonder if there’s still room for him on the team.

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #4731 on: June 12, 2021, 05:19:11 AM »

Add “Sholom” to the list.....

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #4732 on: June 12, 2021, 05:20:07 AM »
Shit just noticed add “Nyah Houston” as well.

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4733 on: June 14, 2021, 01:24:26 PM »
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

dannyprovolone

« Reply #4734 on: June 14, 2021, 01:27:30 PM »
take a look at ma chain

take a look at ma car

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4735 on: June 19, 2021, 02:07:45 AM »
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #4736 on: June 19, 2021, 05:29:06 AM »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1293
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4737 on: June 19, 2021, 06:33:33 AM »
Just watched the Life on Video with Reynolds. The way he talks about Terry having his fav part in Baker 3 makes me wonder if there’s still room for him on the team.
That life on video is 4 plus years old bro. Berrics just reuploaded it.

Southernmost

• Rep: 117
« Reply #4738 on: June 19, 2021, 03:44:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That life on video is 4 plus years old bro. Berrics just reuploaded it.
Damn! Thought it looked familiar but couldn’t recall. Saw the upload date was recent. Borra getting our hopes up.

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4739 on: June 19, 2021, 07:19:58 PM »
It's just from the first Life On Video, which was an original series
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby