Author Topic: New Skate Game! Skater XL  (Read 75186 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: New Skate Game! Skater XL
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2019, 12:15:08 PM »
holy crap, i need to start capturing gameplay. i just did this crazy bs smith on the lower part of the kinked hand rail to pop out over the second stair set.

i love this game.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2019, 05:22:36 PM »
Devs have gone AWOL apparently, but the modding community is CRANKING out a bunch of new stuff

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2019, 10:46:11 AM »
i've been playing this a lot, i really like the controls. i get psyched when i do something perfectly. i'm still not very good but spent the last few minutes doing nosegrind nollie flip out all the way up the double set rail and switch flip manual switch bigflip out on the stage. just figured out how to switch stances so now i'm re-learning everything goofy, but i think i was better regular haha. really wish there was a multiplayer!
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2019, 11:12:55 AM »
Decided to put something together after saving some clips...
https://youtu.be/Tntn5f0dSEA

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 90
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2019, 05:03:29 AM »
Pardon me if this sounds dumb, dumb...

But if I add in maps, do I get a choice to alternate between the two or will I need to keep a backup of the file that's modded, then just revert to that if I want the OG Courthouse map? Gonna add in the replay editor and some other maps soon I reckon.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

clintendo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2019, 04:59:20 AM »

But if I add in maps, do I get a choice to alternate between the two or will I need to keep a backup of the file that's modded, then just revert to that if I want the OG Courthouse map? Gonna add in the replay editor and some other maps soon I reckon.

Get Hondunes Map importer mod, its a bit tricky to install but this guy gives the best tutorial on how to do it;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=702Id_UCsV0

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 90
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2019, 02:24:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Get Hondunes Map importer mod, its a bit tricky to install but this guy gives the best tutorial on how to do it;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=702Id_UCsV0

Cheers G
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

ek27

• Rep: 6
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2019, 03:56:11 PM »
Decided to put something together after saving some clips...
https://youtu.be/Tntn5f0dSEA

Shalom

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2019, 06:46:56 PM »
https://vimeo.com/318116765

hope i'm doing this right. got a few clips that were sloppy but fun. still figuring out smith grinds and treflips were landing all crooked for me but oh well it's just vidya.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2019, 07:13:14 PM »
this game is singlehandedly allowing me to survive winter in canada

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UkIt1wARDo

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2019, 09:05:27 PM »
Damn, I haven't played video games in a while, but this actually looks pretty fun.
The chillest1

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2019, 08:19:53 AM »
Just got this today and man it's soo much harder to play than what I expected. Although I do have a shitty computer so I have to put the graphics down to very low and resolution to 640x480 so it looks like a ps1 game and still lags about 0.5 seconds haha

Does anyone have any suggestions for some super simple modded maps that won't be too hard on the computer? just a room with a ledge would be fine ;D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 08:30:14 AM by Hevonen »

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2019, 08:42:45 AM »
just keep on trying. I had a hard time in the beginning too, but now I am on some PJ Ladd-shit.

it takes a while, but thats what makes it rewarding to me. start with simple grinds, and kicklips. like in real life

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2019, 11:22:49 AM »
just keep on trying. I had a hard time in the beginning too, but now I am on some PJ Ladd-shit.

it takes a while, but thats what makes it rewarding to me. start with simple grinds, and kicklips. like in real life

Couple hours in and it's starting to work out and it is really fun and rewarding! Found a super simple beta map too so now it's playable even though it's still ps1 level graphics  ;D

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2019, 04:14:04 PM »
Just got this today and man it's soo much harder to play than what I expected. Although I do have a shitty computer so I have to put the graphics down to very low and resolution to 640x480 so it looks like a ps1 game and still lags about 0.5 seconds haha

Does anyone have any suggestions for some super simple modded maps that won't be too hard on the computer? just a room with a ledge would be fine ;D
If you have a console and your computer has a relatively modern cpu, sell the console and get a budget graphics card for a couple hundred bucks. You’ll be able to run most modern games on medium at the very least. Free online, cheaper games, and it’s also a workstation if you do editing and whatnot. If you game a fair amount, even a super budget pc is a great experience. Sorry I don’t have a rec for a map haha

feedmeseymour

« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2019, 03:59:06 PM »
I haven’t played this, but they are doing a contest for this game to like make a video part. They talked about it on the recent 9club experience around the 31 minute mark if anyone is into it.. hmmm nice bike?

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2019, 04:34:11 PM »
I haven’t played this, but they are doing a contest for this game to like make a video part. They talked about it on the recent 9club experience around the 31 minute mark if anyone is into it.. hmmm nice bike?

I'm thinking about making an attempt at it, I already play the game a bunch anyways so this is a good excuse to record some more tricks. The only bummer is there's a 'no copyright' rule for the music you use.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2019, 01:20:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm thinking about making an attempt at it, I already play the game a bunch anyways so this is a good excuse to record some more tricks. The only bummer is there's a 'no copyright' rule for the music you use.
I can’t get the replay editor mod to work with hondune map importer? Are you using it/ can you give me a link for the version you downloaded?

Technique

« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2019, 08:01:41 AM »
I honestly really hope the devs don’t just take the money and flunk the project with all the mods out at this point. Making video games is not easy, but isn’t that the whole point? In all honesty, most mods suck ass and I would wanna see more official content coming out soon. Otherwise, I can’t really justify paying more than 5 dollars for the game.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2019, 09:28:24 AM »
I honestly really hope the devs don’t just take the money and flunk the project with all the mods out at this point. Making video games is not easy, but isn’t that the whole point? In all honesty, most mods suck ass and I would wanna see more official content coming out soon. Otherwise, I can’t really justify paying more than 5 dollars for the game.
I think they will keep going. Mod's are cool but the real money in games is the console crowd. That's their biggest audience. Building a full game that can move units in the xbox and ps4 environment is what I think they are after. This whole pc early access seems like a marketing tool for the eventual real full release. I hope I'm right.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2019, 03:57:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I can’t get the replay editor mod to work with hondune map importer? Are you using it/ can you give me a link for the version you downloaded?

I installed it awhile ago so it must be an older version by now, perhaps you forgot to also install the shred menu? I made that mistake as well before but once I installed the shred menu the replay editor worked fine. https://github.com/DanielKIWI/SkaterXL-Modding

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2019, 06:09:18 PM »

If they do, I reckon the mod community will just take it over.  Doubt it though, this game is money in the bank when it hits consoles fully loaded.  I'd kill to play this on PS4 with locked down frame rate & tonnes of real spots.  Looking forward to them really nailing the flow & control too, just hope they're going to put time into putting life into the animations & movement.  That's the true next generation of skating games, is a fluid & loose control of the skater that can flow in and out of tricks right.  This and session still feel so rigid.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2019, 07:26:30 PM »
This is what I threw together for the contest. I doubt it's a winner but I still enjoyed putting it together. Would like to know your guy's thoughts on it, or even see what you guys came up with as well. Good luck to everyone who's giving it a try.
https://youtu.be/FQgX3sT04Ac

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2019, 04:06:07 AM »
This is what I threw together for the contest. I doubt it's a winner but I still enjoyed putting it together. Would like to know your guy's thoughts on it, or even see what you guys came up with as well. Good luck to everyone who's giving it a try.

Liked the awkward hand touch on the philly gap to rail blunt

Really nice edit, I would maybe use a bit more fisheye and tighter filming to hide the stiffness
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 04:08:28 AM by Hevonen »

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2019, 02:53:21 PM »
Had to do one myself too just to try out the replay editor. Tricks and filming suck and made a wack beat to go with it. enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKNcTOVtzfk

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2019, 03:31:37 PM »

curbslayer

• Rep: 9
  • How dose the board stick to their feet ?
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2019, 04:16:23 PM »
dam that shit is tripped out ! every time he did a 360 it made me feel like i was going to eat shit . first person mode is insane. hope it ships with the game

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2019, 07:46:26 PM »

Fuck the modders have upped their spot game!  I wonder if the XL dudes are just gonna buy them off em?

Speakr

• Rep: 61
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2019, 01:42:26 AM »
Holy crap that first person mode is dope! Never knew I needed that in a skate game. Hope the devs can make a polished version of that.

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2019, 04:20:29 PM »
made an edit for the nine club contest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FvlpMqc_9E

also i tried the first person mod today and its dizzying but very satisfying. if this could eventually become a polished game with native VR it would be the ultimate skateboarding simulator.