Author Topic: New Skate Game! Skater XL  (Read 75735 times)

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
Re: New Skate Game! Skater XL
« Reply #690 on: December 16, 2020, 08:47:44 AM »
Fuck man I was of this on the PS4,deleted it, and thought the update would make me want to re-install....nope

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #691 on: December 16, 2020, 08:49:01 AM »
I'm on Xbox One but I only messed around for a few minutes. The couple maps I popped into aren't very well designed but in terms of performance they ran fine. All the custom gear is heinous though.

Damn, ok, thanks! I don't doubt that the gear sucks, it's not like the original gear had a single good item in it anyway, haha.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1956
« Reply #692 on: December 16, 2020, 08:52:27 AM »
A part of me regrets not buying this for PC for a wider variety of mods, but this has been a very enjoyable game to just pile out on the couch to.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #693 on: December 16, 2020, 08:58:05 AM »
A part of me regrets not buying this for PC for a wider variety of mods, but this has been a very enjoyable game to just pile out on the couch to.

Yeah, I like to turn the game on while listening to a podcast. It's just something I'll play instead of something like Tetris. Just a great time killer. Also, I have a Mac and don't want to buy a PC.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #694 on: December 16, 2020, 11:28:35 AM »
I just wanted orange wheels really.

Total frickin crash fest.

After restarting my ps4 a 4th time I went to skate Quebec but it's gone now.

I saw a Russian Sailor's shirt. That's pretty cool. I love stripes.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #695 on: December 16, 2020, 01:03:23 PM »
So I hate to be negative, and I have no idea of all the in's and out's of designing a video game, but this is trash.

I feel like maybe a lot of the industry is stonewalling Skater XL in favor of Skate 4?  Is that crazy?  I also kind of feel bad for the playable characters in this game.  Will we get a Andrew Reynolds shift, like leaving THPS for the Skate franchise?

Some of you guys are really great at playing this game.  I fucking hate it.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #696 on: December 16, 2020, 03:26:01 PM »
How do I reopen the maps after installing on the ps4. They was on the list now they aren't. Do I unsubscribe and reinstall?
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #697 on: December 16, 2020, 03:28:54 PM »
I fixed crashing. I had to unplug the ps4 for like 30 seconds to clear cache
(A)pl(E)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #698 on: December 16, 2020, 05:26:00 PM »
this update is crap.

if you're on pc and want to use your old mods, make sure you're on the main branch of the game(within steam go to properties, betas, opt out of all betas). run unity mod manager, uninstall all mods, update game folder just to make sure, reinstall all mods, update those that are outdated through the mod manager. this might break the mod menu they implemented, lol. or the "fix" just took it down again.

anyways, this is trash tier videogame development, they just should hand the source code to the community and be done with it.

the game now stutters and glitches around like skate 3. not shalom. even with my stats back it just feels worse to play, unsteady and jerky somehow. and i can't even use the fucking mod menu. this update basically only broke shit for me.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #699 on: December 16, 2020, 05:55:50 PM »
This update is driving me up a fucking wall, god damn.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #700 on: December 16, 2020, 06:54:03 PM »
I REALLY WANT TO LIKE THIS GAME
I'm on ps4 and I've restarted the game thrice now and totally unplugged console, the fuck is up with community levels/gear being impossible to access??
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #701 on: December 16, 2020, 07:24:48 PM »
this update is absolute fucking dogshit. fuck skater xl and easy day studios. i'll just wait for skate 4.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #702 on: December 16, 2020, 10:38:43 PM »
I was really excited for the update but honestly it's a complete disaster. New maps are ok except for Quebec Skate plaza that's tiny.

New maps run Poorly on Xbox one S with glitches and performance issues. I wouldn't recommend to update till they release a new patch.

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #703 on: December 16, 2020, 11:14:33 PM »
yeah been playing it on ps4 and really having a bad time since I updated it. crashing like crazy, new maps are really laggy at points. upside is the the first new map has slappy curbs and I figured out slappys and slappy crooks which was pretty fun.

if the new maps you downloaded aren't showing up when you start a new game, go into the mod menu and uninstall one and reinstall it. should make them pop back up to use, annoying as hell.

hoping they patch that stuff, total disaster for sure. game will crash randomly while changing your gear up too.

wish they added new pants, whatever Evan smith's character has on would be cool, and more vans, all we got were some cariumas and a few Uma boards that no one asked for.

fun when it works, hope they fix it.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #704 on: December 17, 2020, 04:17:21 AM »
Gear updates are wack. I think I installed a map but it won't let me play it so I just went to bed. Waaaaaack

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #705 on: December 17, 2020, 06:58:06 AM »
New update broke my game (ps4 slim) can't make it past easy day without crashing

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #706 on: December 17, 2020, 08:51:09 AM »
what I don't understand is why they finally release another street like level and every ledge is 3 inches high and basically just copy pasted all over the map, and who the fuck wants skateparks?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 676
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #707 on: December 17, 2020, 10:49:16 AM »
lot of the userbase is revive guys / youtubers
there are lots of really good mods out there, i heard there is a stalin square and have seen a couple other ones. They have done some contests on the skater XL modding discords and some of those spots were pretty on point and I had hours of fun at. there are a lot of shitty ones too, you just have to dig through a bit. i never dabbled much into the gear because it was all really wack but wanted to make my own just havent had the time. i just think the guys steering the ship at easy day missed the boat a bit on this one. hope they can get a fix out soon, i havent even played in a few days. Def gonnna wait on buying on console after hearing how poorly this update went :(

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #708 on: December 17, 2020, 10:52:52 AM »
Such a shitty update. The city map at least. Has a couple parts with stuff but on my ps4 that map runs like shit.

It’s a shame but I don’t think this game is gonna get to where it should be content wise. They should be releasing more
Official maps on apr with the school and LA. Not just pushing some mediocre community made maps.

The plaza would be fun if you didn’t have to skate so slow just to be able to hit stuff. Seriously 2 pushes and you pop so far out you miss most of the ledge

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #709 on: December 17, 2020, 11:22:41 AM »
Game still runs terrific on my PS5. Played two of the new maps and I didn't like the skatepark ones that much but had a bunch of fun on the new city one. New gear is shit but that's ok, adding mods on console is a huge step in the right direction and the content that gets added will continue to get better.

foureyedjim

« Reply #710 on: December 17, 2020, 11:30:37 AM »
oh no worries bro ill take em! no need to re - record!

Whats your discord again?  I think the last one expired.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #711 on: December 17, 2020, 11:34:51 AM »
So I hate to be negative, and I have no idea of all the in's and out's of designing a video game, but this is trash.

I feel like maybe a lot of the industry is stonewalling Skater XL in favor of Skate 4?  Is that crazy?  I also kind of feel bad for the playable characters in this game.  Will we get a Andrew Reynolds shift, like leaving THPS for the Skate franchise?

Some of you guys are really great at playing this game.  I fucking hate it.

What do you mean? Like the playerbase? I mean obviously a large amount of players weren't going to touch it simply because there's no story mode, plus they know Skate 4 is coming. 'The industry' itself doesn't really have any effect on this game, they don't have some publishing overlord controlling them and no one is sabotaging them here, they're just a small developer without a lot of support.

I understand people are getting bad performance issues from the update but a patch will fix that, it's annoying but having mods on console is a huge step forward.

As far as the skaters go it really depends on what kind of deal they signed, they may or may not have a clause preventing them from being in other video games. Reynolds went from THPS to Skate back to THPS so it really just depends on what the deals are like. In a situation like this where it's a small dev and the payday likely wasn't huge I imagine their deals were open-ended.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 11:49:25 AM by Theme For A Jackal »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #712 on: December 17, 2020, 11:35:17 AM »
RIP all the console players waiting on modded gear but instead getting a bunch of corny fake brands. Also, stat's menu is essential for not moon floating over every obstacle in the course.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #713 on: December 17, 2020, 12:49:22 PM »

I enjoyed it for the first month on the consol....after seeing all the clips people put together with their modded PCs and it just doesn't seem worth while using on PS4.   

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #714 on: December 17, 2020, 01:44:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I enjoyed it for the first month on the consol....after seeing all the clips people put together with their modded PCs and it just doesn't seem worth while using on PS4.

I mean it's also not worth putting together a gaming PC for either if you don't already have one. I think for the price it's a really fun experience on consoles (recent bugs and performance aside) I'll gladly take this gameplay on current consoles over nothing.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #715 on: December 17, 2020, 01:57:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I mean it's also not worth putting together a gaming PC for either if you don't already have one. I think for the price it's a really fun experience on consoles (recent bugs and performance aside) I'll gladly take this gameplay on current consoles over nothing.

so just playing a on a standard PC wont work?  I just bought a new HP Pc with good specs for doing 3D CAD  work,  should be okay for playing video games then right?  Not trying to build a pc just for games

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #716 on: December 17, 2020, 03:46:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

so just playing a on a standard PC wont work?  I just bought a new HP Pc with good specs for doing 3D CAD  work,  should be okay for playing video games then right?  Not trying to build a pc just for games

you should look up your pcs specs like cpu, gpu +vram, ram, and compare with recommended specs of skater xl, and treat those as being really minimum specs. being able to do 3d graphics work on a pc doesn't mean it runs games well. it's possible, but more likely is that you can do pretty good rendering with a gaming gpu and a good cpu, than that you can play games well with a workstation card. those things are powerful, but not built with game engines or running games in mind.

in general, skater xl is pretty badly optimized. i'd recommend a fast and modern cpu, since it doesn't seem to utilize  graphics cards that much at all. but still i'd go with a gpu gtx 1060 or 2060(or amd equivalent) at least if you want it to run as smooth as possible at 1080 or 1440.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #717 on: December 17, 2020, 04:49:03 PM »
THE CURBS ON THE NEW AUSTRALIA LEVEL ARE PERFECT FOR SLAPPYS. GO GET YOUR ROG ON

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #718 on: December 17, 2020, 05:20:03 PM »
RIP all the console players waiting on modded gear but instead getting a bunch of corny fake brands. Also, stat's menu is essential for not moon floating over every obstacle in the course.

RIP me. That update was disappointing to say the least

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #719 on: December 17, 2020, 06:13:55 PM »