Author Topic: New Skate Game! Skater XL  (Read 75829 times)

star puppy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -14
Re: New Skate Game! Skater XL
« Reply #840 on: June 11, 2021, 06:06:40 PM »
.. i dream of Marley.. - Candy

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #841 on: June 12, 2021, 03:40:36 AM »
I feel doing stuff like bs tailslides and blunt-tres on transition is intuitive and satisfying in Skater XL on ps4. It’s a bit annoying that you can’t control the direction of the pop out, but I have had plenty of sessions in the miniramps on top of the megaramp.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

doyle

• Rep: 212
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #842 on: June 13, 2021, 11:02:20 AM »
You can control which direction you pop out by either bumping out with R3/L3, or tapping the trigger (R2/L2) in the direction you want to go just before ollieing out (or both at the same time to pop out straight).

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #843 on: June 28, 2021, 08:33:38 AM »
just followed this to get baggy big boys

now i'm interested again

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #844 on: June 28, 2021, 10:01:57 AM »
You can control which direction you pop out by either bumping out with R3/L3, or tapping the trigger (R2/L2) in the direction you want to go just before ollieing out (or both at the same time to pop out straight).
This indeed works, thanks for that. I thought earlier you were supposed to hold the triggers, not just tap them.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #845 on: June 28, 2021, 05:45:27 PM »
Man i'd love it if one of these games made a good AI camera dude.  Pick a style and it just does it, then go and tweak it.  Filming is a ballache

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #846 on: July 02, 2021, 04:22:56 PM »
I need to tweak my settings again, I'm too used to where they are and now everything feels too easy again
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #847 on: July 10, 2021, 12:26:20 PM »
AYO PC PLAYERS save your mods now.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #848 on: July 10, 2021, 11:22:42 PM »
AYO PC PLAYERS save your mods now.

Are they completely removing mod support? Or is it just Dawgs?
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Dr Waffles

• Rep: 15
« Reply #849 on: July 11, 2021, 11:43:07 AM »
They could break the mods with an update or something. But then they would actually have to update the game so I dunno.
In 5 years skateboarding will be dirtbiking

goingapelikenigo

• please don't be a hero
« Reply #850 on: July 13, 2021, 07:44:15 AM »
this dawgvinci mod situation is dumb as fuck. really hope they just let each other be so we can keep getting mods. i'm not playing the game without manual catch and gravity sliders.

goingapelikenigo

• please don't be a hero
« Reply #851 on: July 20, 2021, 03:34:28 AM »

tried out a new optics mod and i think it looks pretty cool
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 03:45:50 AM by goingapelikenigo »

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 49
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #852 on: August 01, 2021, 11:34:49 PM »

session in xl
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

ek27

• Rep: 6
« Reply #853 on: August 06, 2021, 09:32:26 PM »
Multiplayer is up on consoles.  It's seriously so good

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #854 on: August 06, 2021, 11:25:57 PM »
i won't update unless my mods will work or they have all been updated. what was up with dawgvinci, do the devs and them have beef or what?

BinkyConklinFan

• Rep: 4
« Reply #855 on: August 12, 2021, 03:01:17 PM »
i won't update unless my mods will work or they have all been updated. what was up with dawgvinci, do the devs and them have beef or what?
If I remember correctly, I think they had a good relationship, but then one of them was rude, then the other got rude back then it ended with someone getting banned or something, then Dawgvinci had mods pulled? I read this a while back either on steam forums or on reddit. I've been trying to find a good summary but not getting really any cohesive explanations. People are pretty bummed about it.

My take, is I know how frustrating working on games can be, and how you have to be insanely careful how you portray yourself and your game to the community. If you give even the slightest hint you are frustrated with some of the fanbase, it can be disastrous. Gamers can be pretty demanding, and devs can't just outright say "That's a cool idea but we have no way how to make that work".

Edit: I found a good summary https://i.reddit.com/r/HobbyDrama/comments/oiw6jc/video_games_skaterxl_a_dev_finally_breaks_radio/.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 03:09:20 PM by BinkyConklinFan »

wilk

• Rep: -2
« Reply #856 on: August 13, 2021, 06:53:27 PM »
Milkys new part.

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #857 on: August 13, 2021, 11:50:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If I remember correctly, I think they had a good relationship, but then one of them was rude, then the other got rude back then it ended with someone getting banned or something, then Dawgvinci had mods pulled? I read this a while back either on steam forums or on reddit. I've been trying to find a good summary but not getting really any cohesive explanations. People are pretty bummed about it.

My take, is I know how frustrating working on games can be, and how you have to be insanely careful how you portray yourself and your game to the community. If you give even the slightest hint you are frustrated with some of the fanbase, it can be disastrous. Gamers can be pretty demanding, and devs can't just outright say "That's a cool idea but we have no way how to make that work".

Edit: I found a good summary https://i.reddit.com/r/HobbyDrama/comments/oiw6jc/video_games_skaterxl_a_dev_finally_breaks_radio/.

^this. It’s even more ludicrious when it’s a game they haven’t even paid anything for (unlike this case obviously)

That seemed like a pretty mild blowout, but very poorly handled by the dev still. Don’t just come out threatening right off the bat.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #858 on: August 14, 2021, 01:18:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree with what you’re saying but I think developers should be able to say stuff like this. It would leave a lot of un-answered questions answered and at least stop letting people get their hopes up. Also Dawgvinci was making lighthearted memes about XL not having Console Mods and the developer Dain reacted like a baby. I really don’t think anyone on console gives a fuck about Multiplayer when we get one driveway sized map added every 6 months. I’ve been playing Session for a couple months now and going back to Vanilla XL last night was a nightmare lmao

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • sup breh
« Reply #859 on: August 14, 2021, 01:28:44 PM »
anyone got a vid on how to fix the mods with the new update? If I can't get them working again I'm just gonna uninstall, turns out I don't actually like the game on vanilla settings anymore lol
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

BinkyConklinFan

« Reply #860 on: August 14, 2021, 05:11:58 PM »
Yeah without any context I didn't really have any idea why the dude got so aggro from one little snippet of conversation. I guess like all things, there's one side, then the other, then the truth.   

I wish I liked session more because it seems like they are a little bit better at handing the social media aspect and not angering the fanbase. They're pretty open with communications. I think if their game gave you a better sense of momentum and landing impact, it would feel better to cruise around on your board.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #861 on: August 17, 2021, 07:23:20 AM »

I’ve been interested in this. I got my first gaming console in 20 years last week because I broke my leg skating. I’m imagining this to be the closest thing to real skating in the meantime.

ableSkateMag.com

BinkyConklinFan

« Reply #862 on: August 19, 2021, 08:03:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I’ve been interested in this. I got my first gaming console in 20 years last week because I broke my leg skating. I’m imagining this to be the closest thing to real skating in the meantime.

It's really fun, I got into it for the same reasons. Even if you aren't into a lot of games you can have a good time with it on consoles. It's still enjoyable without the mods that PC players use.  Hope your leg gets better soon.

CaptainBushwacker

• Rep: 13
« Reply #863 on: August 27, 2021, 12:13:22 PM »

A montage I made.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #864 on: August 27, 2021, 03:16:15 PM »

Went back to the give try the new park and it's ridiculous. Also after playing Session for months the physics feel so weird.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #865 on: August 28, 2021, 11:57:21 AM »

Went back to the give try the new park and it's ridiculous. Also after playing Session for months the physics feel so weird.

Oh great, another map the size of my bedroom that nobody wanted or asked for. Until this game brings in actual street spot maps or a stat menu I’m fuckin over it. Feels like everyone’s been very patient with ED studios but got damn man. 

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #866 on: August 30, 2021, 02:41:51 AM »
I give the devs a lot more slack than most it seems, but this Primitive park is a waste of effort. I hope they got some money from it or something, but I’m probably not going to play it again

krookedjuice

• Rep: 30
« Reply #867 on: August 30, 2021, 07:52:17 AM »

same thing happened to me. i only ended up playing this game for like 10 minutes yesterday and switched back to session.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • sup breh
« Reply #868 on: September 01, 2021, 04:12:29 PM »
now that the mods are working again it's still kinda fun. I did the multiplayer for a bit but it's kinda bland with nobody talking. if any of the PC Pals wanna get in a server and talk shit on discord/play skate/just fuck around I'd be down

charge

• Rep: 17
« Reply #869 on: September 03, 2021, 09:16:57 AM »
now that the mods are working again it's still kinda fun. I did the multiplayer for a bit but it's kinda bland with nobody talking. if any of the PC Pals wanna get in a server and talk shit on discord/play skate/just fuck around I'd be down

is it cross play? i got ps5.