Author Topic: Friend Ship needs your help  (Read 33192 times)

shit_for_brains

Re: Friend Ship needs your help
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2018, 09:16:25 AM »
That's the one

Watson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2018, 09:24:13 AM »
It's beautiful.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2018, 09:45:21 AM »

Cranberry Relish

• Rep: 25
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2018, 11:34:06 AM »
I also have a Tim story that I would like to share.  Many years ago we followed each other on Instagram (Before Friendship was estalished).  He reached out to me about a painting I posted and asked if he could buy it from me.  I replied and said, "Sure!"  So, I named a price which I thought was pretty reasonable.  He replied and told me he didn't have much money and couldn't do it at that price.  I then asked him if he wanted to trade something for it.  He replied and was down for a trade, asked for my address and I decided to ship off my painting to him.  I never heard from him again.  But I would see my painting from time to time hanging on his wall in some of his Instagram posts.  I think he unfollowed me shortly after that too, haha.  I have heard from other friends who have been burned by him as well.

euro tm

« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2018, 01:55:47 PM »
I also have a Tim story that I would like to share.  Many years ago we followed each other on Instagram (Before Friendship was estalished).  He reached out to me about a painting I posted and asked if he could buy it from me.  I replied and said, "Sure!"  So, I named a price which I thought was pretty reasonable.  He replied and told me he didn't have much money and couldn't do it at that price.  I then asked him if he wanted to trade something for it.  He replied and was down for a trade, asked for my address and I decided to ship off my painting to him.  I never heard from him again.  But I would see my painting from time to time hanging on his wall in some of his Instagram posts.  I think he unfollowed me shortly after that too, haha.  I have heard from other friends who have been burned by him as well.

wow fuck tim

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2018, 02:03:43 PM »
Garfield devours lasagna and I respect that quality in a cat

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2018, 03:47:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Also the John Benton shit is fucked up but he rides for them again so whatever.

What John Benton shit?
[close]

Curious to know about this one. Love this dudes skating.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2018, 04:50:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What John Benton shit?
[close]

[close]
Tim banged his girlfriend.
Heard he also kicks puppies Idk
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2018, 05:35:35 PM »
That Garfield comic was really good, never knew they would get deep, or weird like the dog nut one. I also just remembered the Garfield movie with Bill Murray. I could see Garfield exclusively skating curbs and not ever learning a flip trick because it was just to much work for him.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2018, 09:17:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What John Benton shit?
[close]

[close]

Since you asked.....
At the same time that Tim released Ryan Gallant’s pro model he also put out a John Benton “bro model”. It had John’s name across it in big letters and Tim didn’t give him any money for royalties or anything when the board actually sold well because a lot of people like John.
Yes, John is mostly popular for his Instagram, @fustoop with a high follower count but that’s basically all Friendship is anyways. Just look at Aaron Yant, one of their riders who’s actually pro for them and he’s another “instagram skater” who only posts skatepark clips. At least John is out in the streets quite a bit.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 09:19:22 PM by Pappy Jones »

Ducky Fucky

• Rep: -75
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2018, 09:38:22 PM »
No. Not supporting this. They love the Steve koston Berrics and Scientology and they want to meet Xenu .

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2018, 12:12:33 AM »
God damnit Xenu is the bad guy
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

shitcunt

• Rep: 4
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2018, 06:06:25 AM »
I've never cared about rip-n-dip Welcome and this thread has confirmed that I should continue to do so. In this chaotic and confusing age we live in its nice to have your beliefs confirmed with facts and evidence once in a while. Thank you all.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2018, 06:19:36 AM »
I've seen John Benton say some very uncalled for, borderline racist shit. Big pass on that dude.
That Garfield comic was really good, never knew they would get deep, or weird like the dog nut one. I also just remembered the Garfield movie with Bill Murray. I could see Garfield exclusively skating curbs and not ever learning a flip trick because it was just to much work for him.
Fun fact: Bill Murray signed up for the Garfield movie without reading the script because he thought that Joel Coen (of the Coen brothers) was the screenwriter, when in fact it was Joel Cohen (of Cheaper By The Dozen, Monster Mash, etc).
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2018, 07:20:50 AM »
I've seen John Benton say some very uncalled for, borderline racist shit. Big pass on that dude.
Expand Quote
[close]
Fun fact: Bill Murray signed up for the Garfield movie without reading the script because he thought that Joel Coen (of the Coen brothers) was the screenwriter, when in fact it was Joel Cohen (of Cheaper By The Dozen, Monster Mash, etc).
I called Benton (Maybe someone else, I could be remembering wrong) out on something he said about girl skaters and in a very friendly way, mentioned that what he was saying, although sounded right to him, was not the correct way to go about it.
He got pissed
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 02:46:12 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2018, 08:33:12 AM »
I feel like even the name Friend Ship is just a ruse to draw your trust so he can fuck you with no Vaseline.

SNARFMASTER

• Rep: 3
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2018, 05:39:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I called benton out on something he said about girl skaters and in a very friendly way, mentioned that what he was saying, although sounded right to him, was not the correct way to go about it.
He got pissed

I'd like to hear specifics on the borderline racist and potentially misogynistic comments John said. He's a friend and I can't really see him saying those things. However... Tim is a kook. Dude literally only sponsors skaters with clout, steals corny ass graphics, apparently burns people, and asks for donations towards a very suspicious cause. I don't really think much of the Slap users were following or even considering purchasing a friend ship board at any point in time (unless you have some fascination with Garfield, Simpsons, or Seinfeld..) so I don't really see his company being affected by this thread. We're just educating those who would already understand just by looking at their page.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2018, 05:51:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

one of my favorite bill stories of all time.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2018, 06:42:16 PM »
curious as to what benton said as well.

euro tm

« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2018, 06:52:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I called benton out on something he said about girl skaters and in a very friendly way, mentioned that what he was saying, although sounded right to him, was not the correct way to go about it.
He got pissed
[close]

I'd like to hear specifics on the borderline racist and potentially misogynistic comments John said. He's a friend and I can't really see him saying those things. However... Tim is a kook. Dude literally only sponsors skaters with clout, steals corny ass graphics, apparently burns people, and asks for donations towards a very suspicious cause. I don't really think much of the Slap users were following or even considering purchasing a friend ship board at any point in time (unless you have some fascination with Garfield, Simpsons, or Seinfeld..) so I don't really see his company being affected by this thread. We're just educating those who would already understand just by looking at their page.

same. i’ve known john for many years and could not see him saying anything along these lines. but on that note, fuck this shithole company and tim deserves the worst

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2018, 08:13:43 PM »
We met up with him randomly in NYC and he got pissy at a black kid who was leaving the store as he was trying to go in the same door and bitched at him, insulted his intelligence, and he might have called him a monkey - truth be told, this was years ago and I don't remember his exact language, but I do remember the nature of his comments was very aggro and uncalled for.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2018, 12:39:57 AM »
so fucking funny to see i'm not the only one who knows Dan Corrigan stinks
he stayed the weekend with me and my friends many years ago and wouldn't shut up about himself / his skating. dude's a cornball

there was a Vine going around that rightfully shit on him pretty hard, and it made it into Quartersnacks' legendary RIP Vine clip:
hit 02:32, but really just watch it all. the whole part is insufferable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSiWBfXDTHY

Kill_Yourself_Now

« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2018, 01:24:22 AM »
I don't really think much of the Slap users were following or even considering purchasing a friend ship board at any point in time (unless you have some fascination with Garfield, Simpsons, or Seinfeld..) so I don't really see his company being affected by this thread.
I think Tim wanted to be the Tired of the Midwest, and never forgave every 38+ dude for not buying into his schtick.

I honestly had been wondering if The Friend Ship still existed after not seeing any ads for a while, but the saw they’re still a thing, the only event that happened is that this thread confirmed my fears they are still around despite little need to be a company at this point.  If there’s a segment of skateboarding that need to buy into the “I need to show what a quirky old dork I am”, then god help them, this is their destiny.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 01:26:21 AM by Kill_Yourself_Now »

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 448
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2018, 09:51:56 AM »
Can anybody confirm that any of the donors to this fiasco have, in fact, gotten reimbursed?
Or that there has been another delay in paying folks back?
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

euro tm

« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2018, 09:58:28 AM »
Can anybody confirm that any of the donors to this fiasco have, in fact, gotten reimbursed?
Or that there has been another delay in paying folks back?

everyone’s definitely gonna get the runaround for a few weeks

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2018, 06:39:34 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't really think much of the Slap users were following or even considering purchasing a friend ship board at any point in time (unless you have some fascination with Garfield, Simpsons, or Seinfeld..) so I don't really see his company being affected by this thread.
[close]
I think Tim wanted to be the Tired of the Midwest, and never forgave every 38+ dude for not buying into his schtick.

I honestly had been wondering if The Friend Ship still existed after not seeing any ads for a while, but the saw they’re still a thing, the only event that happened is that this thread confirmed my fears they are still around despite little need to be a company at this point.  If there’s a segment of skateboarding that need to buy into the “I need to show what a quirky old dork I am”, then god help them, this is their destiny.

I have one of their boards, because I was traveling through Canada and the dude at the local shop explained it to me as a board that was made as a co-lab between a few shops across the country. I was hyped on the idea. I had no clue it was a brand by itself.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2018, 07:23:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I have one of their boards, because I was traveling through Canada and the dude at the local shop explained it to me as a board that was made as a co-lab between a few shops across the country. I was hyped on the idea. I had no clue it was a brand by itself.
What shop was it and was it the Kevin Harris ripoff Ralph deck?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2018, 09:09:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't want to mention the shop, but, yea it was Ralph Wiggum dressed as a mountie.

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2018, 10:48:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I don't want to mention the shop, but, yea it was Ralph Wiggum dressed as a mountie.
Okay no problem, respects for that actually. I didn't know that was a shop collab though I was wondering why that deck ever happened.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 10:50:10 PM by CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime »

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2018, 11:31:38 PM »
Okay no problem, respects for that actually. I didn't know that was a shop collab though I was wondering why that deck ever happened.

I had no clue it was an actual board company  ;D