Author Topic: Streetleague slowly dying?  (Read 7550 times)

OrangeVHStapes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 84
Re: Streetleague slowly dying?
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2018, 07:01:06 PM »
I HIGHLY doubt he’s on Zero

Yeah, I definitely don't think he is going to zero, I was just stating that he was riding a zero board and not an element board...

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2018, 07:16:58 PM »
Honestly think it is. I think I watched something with Nyjah and he showed one of his first Street League checks and he said "This was when they gave the big bucks", so the prizes have definitely lowered. I'd say another 3 years left in them.

123ABC

• Rep: -9
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2018, 07:21:15 PM »
Thank goodness
img ] link  [ /img ] [ ] and img /img

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2018, 08:14:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Watching Nyjah and Yuto circle jerk on a park rail is boring as fuck.
Only good thing is Milton out there having fun but even then you gotta hear Chris Cole say dumb shit like "he skates too fast".
[close]
I liked watching it, those dudes are good as fuck honestly

Of course they are good. The best in the World. There's just a serious lack of buzz/ juice/ vibe/ personality to the whole thing. It's all so corporate. Almost like watching golf. Vans park series or the Tampa contests are far more entertaining/ fun.

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2018, 08:50:48 PM »
Expand Quote

Also is Trevor Colden on hard drugs, dude looks just sickly and weak
[close]

Trevor Colden slowly dying confirmed.
From what I saw of this he didn't land one trick. Think Isuck actually came out on top losing him to skate mental.

As someone mentioned, this felt like watching golf. The Olympics are their only hope

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2018, 10:41:23 PM »
I had no idea this happened and it looks like no one in Huntington Beach did either by the empty/nonexistent fans in the stands.

Chris Cole talking is better than Ambien if you are looking to sleep.

The course looks like someone just threw up and put a bunch of shit out there randomly, I highly doubt anyone is going to hit that volcano.

Also, I probably would have heard about this from Bryce Kanights' skatedaily.net, but that seems totally dormant and dead.

getonkrooked

• Rep: -104
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2018, 11:14:04 PM »
To me it seems apparent that they just threw this contest together in a hurry to comply with some regulations about being a qualifyer for the Olympics.

The whole thing felt a little rushed and the only thing they seemed to plug really hard was this whole “World championship” concept so it really felt like they had some sort of obligation to do this in the very end of 2018.

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2018, 02:46:01 AM »
Street League is very very boring

Chris Cole talks like he's commentating golf too.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2018, 06:11:48 AM »
People are hard on Cole for being so bland during these broadcasts, but if they knew the truth.
The truth  that during street league broadcasts, Red Cole texts photos of herself fucking the skaters that took his place on his former sponsors, so think twice before you judge Chris Cole. ok?

HallowedGround6917

• Rep: -1
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2018, 08:16:26 AM »
They definitely split up, and now I am mad at myself for even caring. Slow Monday's at work FTW

People are hard on Cole for being so bland during these broadcasts, but if they knew the truth.
The truth  that during street league broadcasts, Red Cole texts photos of herself fucking the skaters that took his place on his former sponsors, so think twice before you judge Chris Cole. ok?

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2018, 08:37:28 AM »
Did Nike leave because of low ratings, etc or is it that you can’t have a corporate sponsor for an Olympic qualifying event? Is World Skate a financial backer?

I tried watching this and was asleep on the couch within minutes.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2018, 08:54:27 AM »
Similar to surfing who can’t find sponsors to host their contests, brands pay huge up front costs to put these things on and see less return than if they just paid for an ad in a magazine or by sending a rider somewhere to make an edit.

Contests probably only lose money

Their only hope is the olympics

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2018, 09:38:32 AM »
Expand Quote
who is commentating with cole? he is fucking terrible - "mark suciu is the most east coast/west coast skateboarder in the history of skateboarding - thats my claim!" - what the fuck
[close]

that would be mr SPoT himself, Paul Zitzer

lol he's from the bay area and attributes a part of his skating style to Karl Watson

bo golden

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2018, 09:44:30 AM »
probably, wouldnt surprise me

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2018, 09:52:01 AM »
Saw a funny conversation in one of my group chats a friend mentioned yuto winning and other friend said "Is street league still going ?" Other friend was like "Ya its on till 9pm" to which he responded "No I mean in general"

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2018, 10:31:36 AM »
Still not sure who Street League is for. I've yet to meet a non skater who watches it and I don't know any skaters who have gone out of their way to watch it.

FakieNollie

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2018, 11:49:49 AM »
Still not sure who Street League is for. I've yet to meet a non skater who watches it and I don't know any skaters who have gone out of their way to watch it.

I went to the one in Chicago a few years back. It was kinda fun but nothing when you compare it to Tampa.