Author Topic: no more board brands please.  (Read 5537 times)

RossDailey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -54
Re: no more board brands please.
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2018, 12:26:42 AM »
All the fucking 3rd wave independent board companies started by old pros should gtfo. They will probably die off in the next 3-5 years anyways, if not less. Just sad to see some of my favorite pros kooking themselves like this.
By these companies I mean:
Thank you
Business and company
Madness
Numbers (even though the team, the graphics and everything is great imo)
The new J Lee company
Maxallure
Lovesick
Visual
Etc, etc, etc, you know what I’m talking about. I believe that of all things in a brand that skateboarding needs and prefers most is authenticity. None of these companies have it and some of the older brands just lost it when they started getting bigger.

You forgot Visit Skateboarding

Ryan Gallant's new company

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2018, 01:42:08 AM »
dance brand has less than zero identity. if you ride a deck it will actually take away some identity from you because of this unique metaphysical property. you'll become much more similar to the human equivalent of a dyed bottom ply with five letters on it that is stuck in beach sand than you were before stepping on it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 01:45:34 AM by Weon »
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Technique

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2018, 02:16:39 AM »
Expand Quote
All the fucking 3rd wave independent board companies started by old pros should gtfo. They will probably die off in the next 3-5 years anyways, if not less. Just sad to see some of my favorite pros kooking themselves like this.
Thank you
Business and company
Madness
The new J Lee company
Maxallure
Lovesick
Visual
Etc, etc, etc, you know what I’m talking about. I believe that of all things in a brand that skateboarding needs and prefers most is authenticity. None of these companies have it and some of the older brands just lost it when they started getting bigger.
[close]

What makes these inauthentic in comparison to other brands?  I’m not saying that you’re wrong.

They were started out of nowhere, they’re not doing anything special or unique, they don’t have a  single bit of style and flavor to them and really they just look like they’re just desperately trying to sell boards to me without really caring about whether their graphics are even any good.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 02:48:36 AM by Technique »

Technique

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2018, 02:18:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Thank you
Business and company
Madness
The new J Lee company
Maxallure
Lovesick
Visual

Basically my list except lovesick. I dig them.
[close]

Yeah, but they honestly just feel like they’re trying to pose as a “cool independent brand with sophisticated graphics” instead of actually being one.

Technique

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2018, 02:25:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Thank you
Business and company
Madness
The new J Lee company
Maxallure
Lovesick
Visual
[close]

Yeah, I also forgot Sovrn. There’s probably at least 10 more stupid fucking companies from California like these that I just can’t name off the top of my head because I couldn’t care less about them. At least Gallant is not trying to make it a full blown company with a team and all that.

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2018, 03:10:23 AM »
Funny you mention Dill. First on my list would be FA camp.
AVE is gnarly, Dill has history and a strong skate personality. If Dylan was still around, they might have someone i care about.
Just a bunch of supreme clones that really haven’t produced anything.
SOTY? Some dude that put out one part this year. Ok, i’m sure he’s good. Wouldn’t know. Too busy watching all these other dudes produce non-stop footage of them killing all terrains but that dude did nollie flip a trash can.
Theres that.

Also the terrible company name and uninteresting graphics.

Hockey could stay though

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2018, 03:55:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thank you
Business and company
Madness
The new J Lee company
Maxallure
Lovesick
Visual
[close]

What makes these inauthentic in comparison to other brands?  I’m not saying that you’re wrong.
[close]

They were started out of nowhere, they’re not doing anything special or unique, they don’t have a  single bit of style and flavor to them and really they just look like they’re just desperately trying to sell boards to me without really caring about whether their graphics are even any good.

you just described real and about 20 other board brands.

people don't want new board brands, but look at the trash that exists now that has been around for a while.

123ABC

• Rep: -9
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2018, 04:24:01 AM »
Yeah everyone is right. Things were better when it was just Powell, Santa Cruz and Vision.
img ] link  [ /img ] [ ] and img /img

Black_Greg

• Rep: -15
  • NO MORE DRIPPIN SHIT STRICY NIGGA SHIT
    • GRAMS avatar image
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2018, 04:52:01 AM »
AVE is gnarly, Dill has history and a strong skate personality. If Dylan was still around, they might have someone i care about.
SOTY? Some dude that put out one part this year. Ok, i’m sure he’s good. Wouldn’t know. Too busy watching all these other dudes produce non-stop footage of them killing all terrains but that dude did nollie flip a trash can.
Theres that.

I hear this “Supreme Clone” thing thrown around so much i don’t even know what it means. Crazy to think everyone of those guys had established before supreme/fucking awesome. Jake Phelps said it best “I watched every single part that dropped this year and he did a nollieflip over a trash can. You can’t do that”
Old kissy kiss, I kiss thirty rap dicks, model bitch ass face ass niggas 
Old motherfuckin me, I never sold dope, I watched my cousin do it, so I was influenced ass niggas

Mobkickflipper

• Rep: -1
  • is this real or is this really real ?
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2018, 05:32:58 AM »
Yeah everyone is right. Things were better when it was just Powell, Santa Cruz and Vision.
And BBC lol, I had a Monty Nolder board!

whorific

• Rep: -169
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2018, 05:45:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thank you
Business and company
Madness
The new J Lee company
Maxallure
Lovesick
Visual
[close]

[close]

Yeah, I also forgot Sovrn. There’s probably at least 10 more stupid fucking companies from California like these that I just can’t name off the top of my head because I couldn’t care less about them. At least Gallant is not trying to make it a full blown company with a team and all that.

Hate all you want but the new Sovrn vid is pretty dope
" I did not say this I am not here"

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 84
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2018, 08:12:01 AM »
Numbers.  Just put Konston and Mariano back on Girl *STOVE where they belong.

quadcuff

• Rep: -6
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2018, 09:53:47 AM »
i'll buy some visit stuff for sure

Gary Coleman

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2018, 12:27:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Theres that.
[close]

I hear this “Supreme Clone” thing thrown around so much i don’t even know what it means. Crazy to think everyone of those guys had established before supreme/fucking awesome. Jake Phelps said it best “I watched every single part that dropped this year and he did a nollieflip over a trash can. You can’t do that”

Supreme Clones is a extra stupid thing to call the FA team because it’s basically all the same riders. Tough to be a clone of yourself.