Author Topic: post you skating  (Read 1923446 times)

Dinglenuts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: post you skating
« Reply #18480 on: January 02, 2021, 07:16:48 PM »
http://youtu.be/TsgITjeO8cI

Quarantine got me super back into skating this year. Made this self-filmed part for 2020.
Incredible everything right there. Good job homey.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #18481 on: January 03, 2021, 06:49:48 AM »

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #18482 on: January 03, 2021, 07:58:43 AM »
Was NOT expecting that back 180 out! Good shit, I love that trick.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJll615lTvQ/?igshid=hlwebmy5b80m
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #18483 on: January 03, 2021, 11:16:56 AM »
local kid caught this trick of me, felt cute, etc.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJl6Rz9I-Fs/

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #18484 on: January 03, 2021, 12:06:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJhPjt4ln1K/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
I like to keep it under 7ft and padless but I am trying to get out of my comfort zone. It's pretty fucking cold where I live and all the parks are locked down, my buddy bought a propane blowtorch to dry this pit up.
[close]

it's even gnarlier knowing how cold it is. that smith was sick
[close]
Thanks man!
[close]
That was tight. The Ashbridges bowl is no joke.
It's funny how they don't have any other transition at that park and then bam 11ft bowl. Too bad the flow section was scrapped for a soccer field that get used 4 months of the year.

SWPhillyFloater

• Rep: 63
« Reply #18485 on: January 03, 2021, 05:05:40 PM »
Threw some stuff together that I had on my phone from 2020.

https://youtu.be/yscZ24GfsEE

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #18486 on: January 03, 2021, 05:41:52 PM »
Threw some stuff together that I had on my phone from 2020.

https://youtu.be/yscZ24GfsEE

Nice little vid. I really like that Todd Rundgren song.

The tunnel and the Big Lots parking lot are both within skating distance from my house which is pretty funny. Every time I am waxing the curb at Big Lots a Hamilton Township cop drives in.

Where is the yellow curb? Looks like a good height.

I’m gonna study your clips and PM you.

Either way, good to see someone skating spots I skate.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #18487 on: January 04, 2021, 09:30:25 PM »
https://imgur.com/yLw7hDW

had a lot of fun street skating this year.  i got too comfy in the parks and needed to venture out.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #18488 on: January 05, 2021, 11:12:34 AM »
https://i.imgur.com/GzekGqs.gifv

some clips I found on my phone
IG: @flowterspace

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #18489 on: January 06, 2021, 04:40:16 PM »
I already posted this in a more specific sub-thread but figured I drop it in here for those interested.

This is the video I've been working on the past year. My footage starts at 15:08. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOa6J7WTBTQ

That was great, fakie backside 5-0 180 is so sick. How on earth do you get into those

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18490 on: January 06, 2021, 07:55:02 PM »
please don't tell me to eat more food

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJuqNGSq9Qq/

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18491 on: January 06, 2021, 08:01:43 PM »

I could stand to loose some weight—what’s your diet?

KillDayoy

• Rep: 17
« Reply #18492 on: January 06, 2021, 08:17:51 PM »
More curb clips filmed by my water bottle. Can't wait for LA to not be the covid capitol of the world so I can skate with friends again.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJroMKEBt6V/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18493 on: January 06, 2021, 08:25:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I could stand to loose some weight—what’s your diet?

I have no particular diet but I guess some would say I practice what they would call intermittent fasting, although spontaneously, in general if you really ask me I think people in the West are traditionally taught to eat way too much food when our bodies don't need nearly as much and our most popular foods are processed and saturated with all kinds of bullshit at the expense of quality and nutrients, which really helps nothing and no one but those benefitting from the overconsumption. I average a meal a half a day but always make sure it's quality, and also drink a lot of hot water/tea/coffee (the latter is not as good for you in theory, but I personally love it so I drink it) as sipping on hot water throughout the day actually has a purifying effect on your body and drains the toxins. Never any additional sugar, very rarely any meat, no milk (bad for you unless it's cheese), lots of fish, fruits, juices and vegetables that somehow compensate for my constant cravings for the darkest chocolate possible. Side note but I also buy local/organic as much as possible unless I feel like getting dirty with some exceptional bullshit.

Wouldn't recommend a particular diet to be fair though, I'm no nutritionist so what I'm describing are personal habits that work for me. I actually used to be slightly overweight (and remember desperately trying to change that, which neither diets nor skating 10 hours a day could) and then I guess I started listening to my body more as opposed to just my mouth, which naturally resulted in cutting back to what to me feels like the bare essentials, I lost like 30 pounds in no time and I've been totally fine that way for years. No unusual fatigue or hunger. People's stomaches stretch from overeating which is why most of them feel like they need to eat a fuckton to be satiated but if you slow down a little it gets its natural form back and you just don't need the excess anymore. Benefitted my skating a lot too, allowed me to start jumping down bigger shit in my 30's than I ever did in my teens and in general slams no longer hurt.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 09:29:04 PM by silhouette »

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18494 on: January 07, 2021, 06:56:15 AM »
^^^appreciate a specific answer. I also find that bud is an appetite suppressant for me but I smoked less than an eighth in 2020 cause I have kids home schooling and I won’t get high with them in the house.

I think back on humans in the 1920s and barely none of them were overweight. It was the hard work that kept them lean.

Working from home, as I know you do to, can be tough. It makes it harder for me cause I can’t go out for a lunch session as my kids aren’t old enough to be left at home.

Either way, I think you eating system seems pretty good and I wouldn’t say you look skinny. You look like a skateboarder.

Late-r

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18495 on: January 07, 2021, 10:07:51 AM »
^ I'd say it was the hard work and physical activity, but also the quality of the food available that kept people in the 1920's lean as I'd naively guess that back then, foods were a lot less processed and people relied on local sourcing, if not direct production a lot more so with less odds (and engineering) for artificial chemical alterations. Also I think all the constant advertising in modern media subconsciously influences people to keep eating more and more bullshit, it's just crazy how every new thing keeps marketing itself as topping the former so as a consumer you're in the way of the competition between different corporations fighting over your money and all you get back is poorer and poorer product passed off as the latest derivative. Fast food is everywhere including on the Internet, the whole industry to me seems to be in the process of turning into something else that may or may not be leading to the masses essentially forgetting how to cook or even think cooking, ingredients, nutrients as dependency to specific items and brands (including convenient delivery services). But each step your food has to go through depletes its quality and in the end I think a lot of obesity directly has to do with that cognitive dissonance where instead of looking at food naturally as in for what its intake represents for their body, they just consume whatever they see thrown their way and in a way they lose touch with what their body really needs and is actually trying to tell them through their bad habits.

Smoking does the same to me, working as an appetite suppressant which seems to trip my friends out when I tell them, but it's true that the time period where I started losing weight/getting into that 'diet' as opposed to the classic 3-meal-a-day and the one I started smoking daily coincide, in general I think smoking has only ever been making me more in touch with my real needs though and I guess now I'm just not eating many times that I otherwise would have but unnecessarily.

Gotcha on working from home being tough, yeah it's easy to get your eating and sleeping patterns all fucked up, having a separate studio for work would probably help separate both worlds a lot otherwise if you lack structure (which I think is key here) it's easy to just work all the time, into the night/earling morning and forget to eat when you're overwhelmed. I think it's about finding the patterns that work best for you and then turning that into a work ethic. I don't have kids though and get to smoke and skate whenever current work and weather allow, actually really thankful for that freedom right now, I guess it's one of the few perks of 2020 being plain shit.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #18496 on: January 07, 2021, 05:52:40 PM »
Yesterday I tried this for 2-2.5 hours and landed 3 shitty ones then in the last few min I got close to a good one and fell (that’s the second clip in this), I went back today and got it in 15 minutes.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJwKTJKnAMW/?igshid=1b9znig0m7ohw
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18497 on: January 08, 2021, 02:27:27 PM »
^ That was some sick control, especially the entry looks tricky, you're SLAP's curb nosepick master. Any luck with just straight nollie to pop back in or maybe shuv going the other way? I'm sure you'd make those look real good.

One more line from Finta, 2018:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJzLdbuoaz5/

Glurmpz

« Reply #18498 on: January 08, 2021, 09:46:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I already posted this in a more specific sub-thread but figured I drop it in here for those interested.

This is the video I've been working on the past year. My footage starts at 15:08. Enjoy!

[close]

That was great, fakie backside 5-0 180 is so sick. How on earth do you get into those
[close]

Yeah that was dope. So many fun looking spots. That long long ledge spot looks perfect along with those curbs on top of the banks with the grass gap.

Switch heel fs nose was perfect! Been trying to get that one for a while.

Thanks!

Fakie 5-0 180 that way is definitely a tricky one - I've only learned it in the past couple years. If you do a bunch of fakie 5050's that way first it helps a lot.

The long ledge is Empire Field, and it's amazing. I personally took about 25 caps off that thing back in 2014 or so. Another local did the rest maybe a year ago and the whole ledge is butter from end to end. You get tired before you run out of ledge and there's all different heights.

Bank to curb spot is also great. There a lot of ways to hit it. Both of these spots are super popular though - there's been many days where I showed up and decided to go elsewhere because a massive crew of skaters was there filming. When we first uncapped the Empire ledge we were there at least 3 or 4 days a week and saw almost no one for 2 years. It caught on though - it's right next to Leeside, the famous tunnel transition spot.

I'm actually kind of happy with my video part for once, it got me stoked to get right back at it filming for the next one. Can't wait for spring!

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18499 on: January 09, 2021, 04:16:08 AM »
^ That was some sick control, especially the entry looks tricky, you're SLAP's curb nosepick master. Any luck with just straight nollie to pop back in or maybe shuv going the other way? I'm sure you'd make those look real good.

One more line from Finta, 2018:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJzLdbuoaz5/
I think trying to nollie shuv in the other way from backside nosepick might be next on my list, a few friends have sent me clips of others doing that over the last couple months.
I haven’t been able to nollie straight back in on that spot but I have done it on another spot I used to skate all the time. The entry was tricky, the majority of the tries my board would just hit the curb and bounce back down the bank from not popping early enough. I also unintentionally did a bunch of shuv nose stalls and shuv rocks while trying that one.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18500 on: January 09, 2021, 04:21:21 AM »

Great part! I really like the cab front board pop over
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18501 on: January 09, 2021, 08:32:07 PM »
I just got back into skating after at least 5 years completely away but really 10 because the previous five were just being wasted. I'd never seen myself skating on film or photo until about 2 months ago and am stoked to see that sometimes when I'm feeling flowy, my movement is actually flowy and it's not just my mind. I haven't learned how to edit videos from the phone yet, but I did learn how to screen shot ;) I'm pretty stoked to still pop fat ollies, even if it's just on flat.

If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #18502 on: January 10, 2021, 02:54:57 PM »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18503 on: January 10, 2021, 02:55:35 PM »

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18504 on: January 10, 2021, 04:04:49 PM »
^^^
always look like you're having a fun time. hell ya dude

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18505 on: January 10, 2021, 04:39:52 PM »
Thanks man! Your ollie screenshot took me back to being 14 and trying all day to pop the highest flatground ollies I could muster (not saying that was much). For a bit that was one of my favorite mini games to play within skating, even if the obstacle was invisible or some makeshift stuff. The first few skaters I ever shared sessions with were all better than me and had insane pop (even in retrospect, they were ollieing up and across the tables of café terraces just cruising around and trying heelflips over benches with a full back), subconsciously I think I was just trying to catch up and grow up faster. And now that I have grown up indeed, high flatground ollies tire my legs out.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18506 on: January 10, 2021, 07:23:57 PM »
aaah, yes. I always preferred to just have a small bag of super popped tricks than a bunch of low tricks. I really just like floating. the other day I was popping over a metal barrel on its side and it just felt great. these days I'm happy with whatever I've got coming and am enjoying learning new tricks even that aren't high (yet ha ha). whatever feels fun, you know?

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #18507 on: January 10, 2021, 09:28:11 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UobHGavLcvY

did my first boardslide today

it SUCKS!!!

dreaming of the winter ending so i can do better tricks at actual spots

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #18508 on: January 11, 2021, 06:49:14 AM »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #18509 on: January 11, 2021, 07:42:00 AM »