Author Topic: post you skating  (Read 1936588 times)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: post you skating
« Reply #19620 on: October 03, 2022, 04:49:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjJGkZFt5w4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Here's a quick lil bday part I filmed. Let me know what you think.
[close]

Very dope. That crook on the curved high curb looks amazing. Some dope combos in there as well. It is beyond me how you do that.
[close]
to me that footage is almost like flow for a big company stuff. dude where you live those spots look super good!! good shit.
Thank for the love guys! I wish I can get flowed by any company. If any Pals got the hook up please let me know. As for the spots mostly around where I live in Corona and in Santa Ana.

justpassingthrough

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #19621 on: October 06, 2022, 10:30:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Here is my output of 2022 so far. If you have 3:46 minutes to spare I would be stoked if you would watch it (even if the new Louie part is the exact same length and certainly provides more viewing pleasure).

I started working on it in February after coming back from a punctured lung and got the last clips in Paris in late August right before my lung collapsed again, requiring surgery. I wanted a three stair kickflip as the ender but even if I am skating again today it will be a while until I can get any decent clips (let alone a three stair kickflip), not only because of my condition but because my filmer (wife) is also recovering from surgery. That's why I figured I better put this out right now.
[close]

Watched it twice. Looking real comfy on the board in the later clips. Keep it up!
[close]

Thanks bro, I appreciate it.

Expand Quote

just realized my footage is 3:45 you beat me
[close]

Yes but you have stuffed a ton of wild tricks into your edit whereas I do only basic stuff.
hah thanks! I try for an old man who looks half his age but is still in a lot of pain.  I do what I can do.

justpassingthrough

« Reply #19622 on: October 06, 2022, 10:31:18 AM »
Thanks justpassingthrough! Got lucky with the back lip after trying for a while. It was a sketchy front 50 on the rail that I bailed out of. Front feebles are too freaky for me.
front feebles even on flat things are probably the scariest trick I can think of committing to!

justpassingthrough

« Reply #19623 on: October 06, 2022, 10:33:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Very dope. That crook on the curved high curb looks amazing. Some dope combos in there as well. It is beyond me how you do that.
[close]
to me that footage is almost like flow for a big company stuff. dude where you live those spots look super good!! good shit.
[close]
Thank for the love guys! I wish I can get flowed by any company. If any Pals got the hook up please let me know. As for the spots mostly around where I live in Corona and in Santa Ana.

I was getting boards from this company but the owner goes through depression spells and just drops the ball.  Its been months since any product so i'm back buying or trading stuff but i'll try to DM you the company because I'm seriously trying to get new riders for the team and build it up.  Maybe if you hit him up he might cheer up a bit hah.

justpassingthrough

« Reply #19624 on: October 06, 2022, 10:46:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I DM'd you. Let me know if you got it. not showing it on my side yet.

justpassingthrough

« Reply #19625 on: October 06, 2022, 11:08:36 AM »
1st trick was some larger transition I skated. I was happy because its not my usual type of skating.  I'm more of a ledge manual pad guy.  2nd trick I did this yesterday.  I haven't seen it done, sure it has but i haven't found it on youtube yet i know its been done but NBD for me for sure. If I somewhat cheated and used like a 7.75 as opposed to my 8.3 it would of been a lot easier.   

goldfishboot

• Rep: 146
« Reply #19626 on: October 06, 2022, 12:34:17 PM »

great ripping everyone! need to be in this thread more often, lot of stoke

JD

• Rep: 37
« Reply #19627 on: October 06, 2022, 06:58:46 PM »
Filmed a video with some friends over the summer :-)
Bro imagine austyns face, but on biebels body!

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #19628 on: October 07, 2022, 03:16:22 AM »

Here is my output of 2022 so far. If you have 3:46 minutes to spare I would be stoked if you would watch it (even if the new Louie part is the exact same length and certainly provides more viewing pleasure).

I started working on it in February after coming back from a punctured lung and got the last clips in Paris in late August right before my lung collapsed again, requiring surgery. I wanted a three stair kickflip as the ender but even if I am skating again today it will be a while until I can get any decent clips (let alone a three stair kickflip), not only because of my condition but because my filmer (wife) is also recovering from surgery. That's why I figured I better put this out right now.

I very much enjoyed watching this, you're a slappy king. Very jealous of that one bank spot where you did backside nollie, pop shove fakie, kickflip and got chased by the dog. Also still bummed I missed on catching up with you for a bords de Seine session, but I liked seeing you skate that speed bump, I didn't even know that one existed, must be new or I also am a tourist. Good on you for keeping your head up despite all the crap life has been throwing your way, this past couple of years seems to have been especially difficult as far as on a personal level on literally everyone I know, freaks me out a bit. You stay strong and motivated and then maybe one day we catch up!

(slappy front k to stylish stage exit was my favorite clip by the way)

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #19629 on: October 09, 2022, 07:28:16 PM »
Could get a ride away without tic tacking but I’ve been wanting to tail slide this thing for a while
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cjg3DsEAiM_/?igshid=N2NmMDY0OWE=

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #19630 on: October 10, 2022, 06:29:59 PM »

My homie Bruce helped me get a quick clip today. My ears kinda hurt so my balance is off. Wide stance on the imps today. Was trapping them funny.

Was light raining out

Next time we're getting a ledge trick or a slam. I been practicing a good one.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #19631 on: October 10, 2022, 06:35:42 PM »

My homie Bruce helped me get a quick clip today. My ears kinda hurt so my balance is off. Wide stance on the imps today. Was trapping them funny.

Was light raining out

Wrapped so good!

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19632 on: October 10, 2022, 07:07:12 PM »
Expand Quote

Was light raining out

[close]
Wrapped so good!

Thanks
(A)pl(E)

justpassingthrough

« Reply #19633 on: October 11, 2022, 08:45:28 AM »
Tried to do an impossible like the guy above. Not quite as good.  Some other stuff too. 

Frontside Slappy

• Rep: 91
  • Somewhere in a parking garage
« Reply #19634 on: October 11, 2022, 09:15:45 AM »
Always love to see some Pals footage!

Looking back on this clip I realize how much better it would've been if my wheels were a natural color.

"That was a clean one." -Werner Herzog

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #19635 on: October 11, 2022, 01:38:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I very much enjoyed watching this, you're a slappy king. Very jealous of that one bank spot where you did backside nollie, pop shove fakie, kickflip and got chased by the dog. Also still bummed I missed on catching up with you for a bords de Seine session, but I liked seeing you skate that speed bump, I didn't even know that one existed, must be new or I also am a tourist. Good on you for keeping your head up despite all the crap life has been throwing your way, this past couple of years seems to have been especially difficult as far as on a personal level on literally everyone I know, freaks me out a bit. You stay strong and motivated and then maybe one day we catch up!

(slappy front k to stylish stage exit was my favorite clip by the way)

Thanks for the kind words bro, I really appreciate it.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #19636 on: October 12, 2022, 04:30:35 AM »
Always love to see some Pals footage!

Looking back on this clip I realize how much better it would've been if my wheels were a natural color.

Username checks out. That was a looooong fs slappy, must feel so good. The rest of the line was dope too.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #19637 on: October 12, 2022, 10:20:25 AM »

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjF-5bBAJHV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

A couple of clips between bouts of anterior pelvic tilt pain flares.

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #19638 on: October 15, 2022, 09:54:51 AM »
Entering this arena for the first time because I’m stoked on finally getting switch wallrides on straight walls

Damn! That was a really good line and the SS BS wall ride was really clean, your style reminds me of Aaron Herrington’s a little (I mean that in a good way of course) really enjoyed that

I envy you younger guys that have gotten the chance to skate “the magic five” downtown with “No bust/kick out factor” and/or atleast a laxed security guard presence at the spot. It was always a quick bust over the years (1989 to atleast the late 2000’s) we always had to have something planned out ahead of time and have a videographer ready to film right when we’d walk on to the property and it usually always concluded with no one getting the clip or short line they were trying to get…. It must feel amazing having the time to push around and skate everything there, the ledges, stairs, the small circle planter ledges (those were always my favorite thing to skate there) etc.. we really wanted magic five to be our own little Portland Embarcadero back in 91 to around 1994ish, but it was always a “3 minutes or less” bust factor, even on Christmas Day, you couldn’t bribe security neither, we tried, offered different guards all types of cash money, but it never worked in our favor. Anyway, sorry about my long rant about “magic five”…I really liked that line man, really clean and done proper! Cheers!
//////////

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19639 on: October 15, 2022, 05:21:35 PM »
Tried to do an impossible like the guy above. Not quite as good.  Some other stuff too. 

Good stuff. Nice imp too. Kicky back t is sick

Pals rip
(A)pl(E)

Orangepulp1000

• Rep: 177
« Reply #19640 on: October 16, 2022, 05:00:24 AM »
Learning fs slappy crooks 2nd day trying and slowly getting there. Also, fuck knows how to imbed a YouTube clip.
https://youtube.com/shorts/pRhTkmiMPhk?feature=share

SLAPASONIC

• Rep: 22
« Reply #19641 on: October 16, 2022, 05:35:15 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cimb71zgNNC/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I have the second line, my mate kills it tho
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 05:59:59 AM by SLAPASONIC »

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #19642 on: October 16, 2022, 06:37:29 AM »
check my music

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #19643 on: October 18, 2022, 09:14:24 AM »
a couple late summer clips

dallou

• SLAP Pal
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #19644 on: October 18, 2022, 09:47:48 AM »
me and my friend tried to film with this old ass digital photo camera, horrible filming was the result of this experience. Trigger warning
check my music

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #19645 on: October 18, 2022, 12:45:51 PM »
It’s officially cold and I’m miserable.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #19646 on: October 18, 2022, 11:58:01 PM »
still kinda new at the self-filming thing....cropped my own head out in the first trick    :-X
gotta say it does provide a little extra motivation when skating solo though!

Current Capeless

« Reply #19647 on: October 20, 2022, 01:51:38 AM »
lunch session at the skatepark

@oldiebutfrenchie nice tricks on a super fun looking obstacle! selfie filming does really give some extra motivation on a solo session, works for me every time

dallou

• SLAP Pal
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #19648 on: October 20, 2022, 02:31:48 AM »
lunch session at the skatepark

@OldieButFrenchie nice tricks on a super fun looking obstacle! selfie filming does really give some extra motivation on a solo session, works for me every time

damn you re sick
check my music

SwitchBigspinflipBoneless

• Rep: 7
« Reply #19649 on: October 20, 2022, 02:42:02 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cj3rSd6MiM7/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

First clip in the local spot since getting it reopened. Noseslide at the end was dirt but learnt it about 15 mins earlier,  I'll take it in a line.