Author Topic: post you skating  (Read 1930150 times)

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 116
Re: post you skating
« Reply #19920 on: April 30, 2023, 04:10:08 PM »
relearning skating again after life beat my ass lol but nothing amazing.

https://youtube.com/shorts/7qphwO9Vjjk?feature=share
Nice. Hope you have fun. Also welcome to slap

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #19921 on: May 04, 2023, 10:30:24 AM »

Yesterday, I relearned backside tailslides. I haven't done one in seventeen years.

Also this time around, I can do them to forward/regular. In the past, I was always going out to fakie. I still did now, on a few attempts where I slid a bit longer. Might still happen but I don't care.

During the past eight years I was trying them on and off. In the last few years I felt really stupid for losing them because I loved/love this trick.

I honestly felt like maybe I was getting too old, or I gained a bit too much weight since I was younger to relearn them, or it's been too long to relearn them. There were all these unfounded worries running through my mind.

But yeah, I'm stoked. I worked on relearning them for years on end, and it finally happened. They're still hard and I'm definitely not consistent with them at this point. I'm happy with the make above but I'm working on one final video part, and want to get another one on film where I slide a bit longer and clean up my arms a bit.

Anyway, enough of patting myself on the back. Hopefully you're all out there getting some.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #19922 on: May 04, 2023, 11:04:32 AM »

Yesterday, I relearned backside tailslides. I haven't done one in seventeen years.

Also this time around, I can do them to forward/regular. In the past, I was always going out to fakie. I still did now, on a few attempts where I slid a bit longer. Might still happen but I don't care.

During the past eight years I was trying them on and off. In the last few years I felt really stupid for losing them because I loved/love this trick.

I honestly felt like maybe I was getting too old, or I gained a bit too much weight since I was younger to relearn them, or it's been too long to relearn them. There were all these unfounded worries running through my mind.

But yeah, I'm stoked. I worked on relearning them for years on end, and it finally happened. They're still hard and I'm definitely not consistent with them at this point. I'm happy with the make above but I'm working on one final video part, and want to get another one on film where I slide a bit longer and clean up my arms a bit.

Anyway, enough of patting myself on the back. Hopefully you're all out there getting some.
HELL YEAH we love to see it!! Damn this one looked so good and got me so stoked! I think I'm gonna have to go skate after work today...

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #19923 on: May 05, 2023, 03:18:57 AM »
Actually got enough clips together for a little raw edit... mellow flatbank session at my local from a couple days ago. Nothing spectacular but was nice to get some consistency going with the camera out.

streetmeat

• Rep: 171
« Reply #19924 on: May 05, 2023, 06:07:48 AM »

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #19925 on: May 06, 2023, 09:38:37 AM »

That was sweet! Slappies are a mystery to me.

Not sure if it's just me btw, but your post came up completely blank til I quoted it to get the URL.

https://i.imgur.com/V72PTDu.mp4

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #19926 on: May 07, 2023, 01:42:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That was sweet! Slappies are a mystery to me.

Not sure if it's just me btw, but your post came up completely blank til I quoted it to get the URL.

https://i.imgur.com/V72PTDu.mp4
Nice combo! Looks like a fun spot. Got a noseslide pop over for the first time after work the other day

https://youtube.com/shorts/J8fCH8cMvz4?feature=share

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #19927 on: May 07, 2023, 06:48:35 PM »
First day back on in about 5 months since surgery... got permission to skate low impact, not that I have any intention on high impact atm.

The Mexican Nancy Chin

« Reply #19928 on: May 07, 2023, 10:39:49 PM »
First day back on in about 5 months since surgery... got permission to skate low impact, not that I have any intention on high impact atm.

That's sick, congrats man. Tailslide revert was cool

homies copies

• Rep: -6
« Reply #19929 on: May 08, 2023, 11:16:32 AM »
some old one's.
anti-gravity heelflip
https://youtube.com/shorts/5c_ION4pbxo?feature=share

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250

CAPTAIN NOBODY

« Reply #19931 on: May 14, 2023, 01:25:36 PM »
Good shredding dudes!

Hyped on this 5-0 180 in a Downtown Phoenix parking garage. This spot is really fun!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsNFLe2OUDk/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #19932 on: May 16, 2023, 07:32:06 AM »
I am stoked coz i learned fs crooked grind. Yesterday for the first time i have started to go for it. I was super scared in the beginning but luckily did it after more than 100 attepmpts. Today i saw a trick tip from Ben Defros and it instantly clicked.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #19933 on: May 16, 2023, 10:12:05 PM »
was skating with some homies at the local today. this younger college aged kid showed up out of nowhere. asked if he could shoot photos of me.  and now I have a new filter/photographer! he actually makes me look like I’m halfway decent at skating too! 🤣 love the way the kickflip and hardflip to fakie  came out. I’ve only ever had people film me. for some reason, I felt less pressure to land these when he was just shooting photos.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 12:26:54 AM by gaunting »
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

The Mexican Nancy Chin

« Reply #19934 on: May 17, 2023, 11:18:25 PM »
was skating with some homies at the local today. this younger college aged kid showed up out of nowhere. asked if he could shoot photos of me.  and now I have a new filter/photographer! he actually makes me look like I’m halfway decent at skating too! 🤣 love the way the kickflip and hardflip to fakie  came out. I’ve only ever had people film me. for some reason, I felt less pressure to land these when he was just shooting photos.

I completely thought the hardflip photo was a crossbone over the hip until I read the text haha. I even thought you were grabbing it by the truck for a second. Sick photos though! Nice job

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #19935 on: May 18, 2023, 08:44:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I completely thought the hardflip photo was a crossbone over the hip until I read the text haha. I even thought you were grabbing it by the truck for a second. Sick photos though! Nice job

thank you, I appreciate that! yea, all my friends said it looked like I was grabbing too. 🤣 but now it’s got me wanting to try and learn hardflip crail grab. Lmao
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Frontside Slappy

• Rep: 91
  • Somewhere in a parking garage
« Reply #19936 on: May 18, 2023, 12:41:31 PM »

Buddy of mine bought that Eggzilla board Heroin released a couple weeks back, got a couple clips on it at the local.
"That was a clean one." -Werner Herzog

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • old and in the way
« Reply #19937 on: May 18, 2023, 05:20:42 PM »

Buddy of mine bought that Eggzilla board Heroin released a couple weeks back, got a couple clips on it at the local.

sick clips @Frontside Slappy - also obligatory user name checks out

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #19938 on: May 19, 2023, 08:20:46 PM »

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #19939 on: May 21, 2023, 02:34:35 PM »
The hardest trick for me to do right now is just regular kickflips (my lead leg has the plate and pins in it) but I've been drilling the shit out of them (note, I have never had a nice flicky kflip). Documented this one for my therapist since this is why I see him.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #19940 on: May 21, 2023, 03:28:06 PM »
That's awesome man I hope I can still kickflip in 12 years. The true old heads give me hope.

Here's another clip of the only trick I know how to do lol. Worst waterbottle angle yet!

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 513
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #19941 on: May 23, 2023, 01:25:49 PM »

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1391
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19942 on: May 23, 2023, 05:43:23 PM »
@tkp

wicked edit, man. killer skating and the song goes perfectly. whole thing looks real fun
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #19944 on: May 24, 2023, 04:46:22 AM »
That's awesome man I hope I can still kickflip in 12 years. The true old heads give me hope.

Here's another clip of the only trick I know how to do lol. Worst waterbottle angle yet!

Truth be told you could do MUCH worse than be the FS noseslide guy. Just think of the boneless guy, the fake bigspin guy, and the body varial guy. Plus yours looks wet.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #19945 on: May 24, 2023, 04:03:39 PM »

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #19946 on: May 24, 2023, 05:07:24 PM »
@Firebert holy shit

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #19947 on: May 24, 2023, 07:12:44 PM »
Thanks scab! And damn that kickflip over the spine was proper as hell. Very nice. Must have felt amazing.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #19948 on: May 25, 2023, 06:12:42 AM »
Thanks - it did feel great. Put a smile on my face all day.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #19949 on: May 25, 2023, 06:15:34 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Csql7EvsU4B/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Kind of stoked on the fakie big flip manny even though it’s a little sketchy