Author Topic: Dave chami serious accident - gofundme  (Read 9246 times)

Kill_Yourself_Now

Re: Dave chami serious accident - gofundme
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2018, 08:18:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It doesnt strike you as a little odd that no other highly developed nation has this problem?
[close]
shut up europe

[close]

Oh nice the ole conservative argument that America is too big. What you fail to grasp is that land size is irrelevant in this comparison, the number of people is much more so.  The number of people in Europe is over 700 million.  Can you guess how many we have?  For fucks sake listen to people who experience social healthcare. Do you think there is a valid political party in Scandinavia that wants to privatize healthcare?  Wow
[close]
It has to do with about 20 factors, some are probably too abstract for most to grasp. We cant get healthcare without raising taxes at this stage, no matter much we spend elsewhere. Other things need to be done first before it should be considered, In the mean time your getting taking care of no matter how much you have if you need it. But Im not gonna write a book. So again, shut up europe.

I do find it kind of funny when people always say "it works here but not as well as people wish it did, so it will work everywhere" as in the Europe/Canada scenario.  In Europe, there actually are the "death panels" people worried about, family of mine who work in healthcare in NYC said that they get TONS of Europeans who were denied life-saving treatment due to age and other factors who fly here because if they stayed home, they'd die.  And, there's a reason that there are hospitals in the USA that cater to the Canadians who need treatment soon but can't get it.  Former co-worker of my wife from Toronto had a friend who was told his wait on a heart transplant would be a 2 year minimum, basically, a death sentence for him.  He sold off a ton of his shit, came here, and got it done in less than 6 months, which is why he's alive today.

I get it, everyone wants to be taken care of, but it's not as simple as turning it over to the government who again, should not be entrusted with our healthcare because it'll just create more taxes, more bureaucracy, and more general bullshit that'll ensure we're getting worse care overall but paying the same (just through different channels, aka new taxes and less choice in the matter).  I just don't get how skaters at one time were pretty much knowing back in the 80s and 90s that the government was a fucking puke pile of worthlessness, but now, they trust that same pile with everything.  It's confusing as fuck.  We just get fiscally raped over and over and go back like battered wives who think "He said he'll never hurt me again, and this time, I believe him!"

mtvic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2018, 06:32:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It doesnt strike you as a little odd that no other highly developed nation has this problem?
[close]
shut up europe

[close]

Oh nice the ole conservative argument that America is too big. What you fail to grasp is that land size is irrelevant in this comparison, the number of people is much more so.  The number of people in Europe is over 700 million.  Can you guess how many we have?  For fucks sake listen to people who experience social healthcare. Do you think there is a valid political party in Scandinavia that wants to privatize healthcare?  Wow
[close]
It has to do with about 20 factors, some are probably too abstract for most to grasp. We cant get healthcare without raising taxes at this stage, no matter much we spend elsewhere. Other things need to be done first before it should be considered, In the mean time your getting taking care of no matter how much you have if you need it. But Im not gonna write a book. So again, shut up europe.

[close]

I do find it kind of funny when people always say "it works here but not as well as people wish it did, so it will work everywhere" as in the Europe/Canada scenario.  In Europe, there actually are the "death panels" people worried about, family of mine who work in healthcare in NYC said that they get TONS of Europeans who were denied life-saving treatment due to age and other factors who fly here because if they stayed home, they'd die.  And, there's a reason that there are hospitals in the USA that cater to the Canadians who need treatment soon but can't get it.  Former co-worker of my wife from Toronto had a friend who was told his wait on a heart transplant would be a 2 year minimum, basically, a death sentence for him.  He sold off a ton of his shit, came here, and got it done in less than 6 months, which is why he's alive today.

I get it, everyone wants to be taken care of, but it's not as simple as turning it over to the government who again, should not be entrusted with our healthcare because it'll just create more taxes, more bureaucracy, and more general bullshit that'll ensure we're getting worse care overall but paying the same (just through different channels, aka new taxes and less choice in the matter).  I just don't get how skaters at one time were pretty much knowing back in the 80s and 90s that the government was a fucking puke pile of worthlessness, but now, they trust that same pile with everything.  It's confusing as fuck.  We just get fiscally raped over and over and go back like battered wives who think "He said he'll never hurt me again, and this time, I believe him!"

I’m sorry but I have stayed for many months in Canada and Spain, and no this is just not true. Many come over here for non life threatening surgeries but that’s because your problems are out in order of importance: a hernia is not going to get treated as quickly as cancer, for instance. My experience was in Vancouver and in Barcelona and I have been to the hospitals in both places, they were far superior to ours. First off, the doctors actually have a desire to work with people and take care of them, whereas in the states we have many people that should be doing something else but are convinced there is money to be made in medicine regardless of their natural proclivity to practice. I’m sure many other Europeans can chime in here, but the numbers don’t lie either: we have the lowest life expectancy of western nations, rank last in healthcare and have an absurd number of people dying early because of lack of preventative care. Another anecdotal instance, which is what your examples are too, I had great insurance when I was younger and had ack surgery. It took me three months to get scheduled because the surgeon was that far booked. My good friend did his cal at the same time in Vancouver and it took less than three weeks for him to receive his surgery, free mind you. St the moment we have a scam industry, the worst of the industrialized nations and to assume that we cannot do better than this is blind, at best. We can do better and yes the other western nations have it way better than us, especially France and the Scandinavian countries.
https://medium.com/@harsh.singh.clif/u-s-health-care-ranked-worst-in-the-developed-world-1d397cd291c6

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2018, 05:48:58 PM »
Looks like he has awoken and is conscious now. THat is a relief!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

The Mess

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
  • please don't kill me jesse.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2018, 05:53:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
shut up europe

[close]

[close]

[close]

the government is what you make it. aka government of the people. This black and white idea that "gov'mint" is bad is one of the dumbest arguments ever unleashed on the fragile American conservative mind. sure, there is plenty of wrong done by elected representatives, but the alternative—handing your safety and well being over to a for-profit industry is insanity. You are 100% incorrect about healthcare in Europe. There are no "death panels". I grew up there and have lived in the US for two decades. I have extensive experience with both systems. It is not up for debate. The same exact procedure/brand of medication/etc in France/Spain costs twenty to thirty times as much in a US hospital—even with "insurance". Basically, they are charging you thousands for things that cost them pennies. That's where the scam is. Then, with the money earned from that robbery, they spend millions to convince you and your ilk that any change would kill us all—aka Sara Palin's "death panels". Americans are getting robbed plain and simple.
i have nothing to fear but jesse himself.

poops

• Rep: -1
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2018, 07:06:24 PM »
Yea and were not trying to get robbed more. People want "free" healthcare just not under the current system cause they know what that entails. Shut up europe.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1326
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2018, 07:20:10 PM »
Death panels are fake news before that term existed. Used to just be called a lie.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2018, 06:30:21 AM »
I have no idea about health care in Europe and while some Europeans may have more of an idea an idea about health care in the US it is hard to know what you do not experience.

For the most part the middle class in the US has very good and affordable health care. I have zero deductible and 90% of my medical is covered. I am part of United Health Care which has many options for doctors. Myself and my family (wife and 2 kids) have little expenses for health care.

The issue is that large corporations are getting great deals to lure employees from other firms. The Afordable Care Act will not be affordable until corporations are no longer allowed to offer health care and I do not see that happening in my working lifetime.

Maybe there will be a movement large enough to change the American system to single payer, but not everyone would benefit, including myself.

However, I would vote for it because there are too many people in the working class (40%) who need help to make it to the middle class and affordable health care is one way to close the gap.

There is a sizable population in the US who believes that the should not have to pay for any social programs—look who our president is...

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate.
The middle class is all but dead in America. Right now the aca has done two great things: stop insurance companies from denying people for pre existing conditions or drop people due to catastrophe that causes high medical costs. The majority of people are paying far too much in proportion to their income in health insurance: I have not met anyone in your position of not having a deductible and affordable insurance so I would argue with your assumption that “for the most part the middle class in the us has very good and affordable healthcare”, regardless the objective truth is that we have horrible healthcare in comparison to these other countries, no way around it. We have been duped to think that in America we have everything better than everywhere else, we don’t. Unfortunately this idea of American superiority is so deeply ingrained that when people become challenged by evidence to the contrary they resort to highly emotional and illogical responses.

oldgoodburger

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2018, 06:46:38 PM »
Death panels are fake news before that term existed. Used to just be called a lie.