Author Topic: Dustin Dollin | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 125  (Read 33853 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Dustin Dollin | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 125
« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2018, 04:03:27 PM »
Dustin was nice when I met him,even though he was mustarding up a hot dog at the moment I said whats up. This episode was equivalent to him being at the corner of a dive bar you walked into for a couple, and got tangled into a long conversation.

Is that some sort of perverse euphemism?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

calvinsdream

« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2018, 06:01:06 PM »
Finally had a chance to listen. I thought it was worth the listen for (some) of the baker stories, minus him making fun of people that have gone sober and acting like 14 beers a day is equivalent to smoking. That and the comparison to drinking too much alcohol being equivalent to drinking too much water was just fucking stupid. If you’re going to be a blatant alcoholic don’t equivocate it with “everythings bad for you in excess”.

Francis Xavier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2211
« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2018, 06:21:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Dustin was nice when I met him,even though he was mustarding up a hot dog at the moment I said whats up. This episode was equivalent to him being at the corner of a dive bar you walked into for a couple, and got tangled into a long conversation.
[close]

Is that some sort of perverse euphemism?
Totally, and it was Steve Van Doren's hot dog too

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2018, 10:08:01 PM »
Expand Quote
What's Dustin gonna do when he's 50. Pretty sure his sponsors won't be paying him anymore by then.
[close]

You mean he's NOT 50?

Juicyboy

« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2018, 01:20:31 AM »
he's the Shane MacGowan of skateboarding. if he stopped drinking, he would die instantly.
Shane quit drinking over a year ago you dumb yank. Your people voted Trump...you're invalid! LOOOL

Juicyboy

« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2018, 01:24:48 AM »
Fuck me, you yanks are so fucking dumb.

hamisonrye

• Rep: -17
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2018, 04:05:46 AM »
Expand Quote
he's the Shane MacGowan of skateboarding. if he stopped drinking, he would die instantly.
[close]
Shane quit drinking over a year ago you dumb yank. Your people voted Trump...you're invalid! LOOOL

Current link that states that he is currently sober?  Shane that is.  Most recent thing I can find is he was seen drinking in 2017 after a stretch of possible sobriety in 2016. 

For the record I do not care about Dollin's sobriety or lack of, just misinformation about someone I am interested in and have been for 30 years, mate!

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2018, 04:23:15 AM »
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

feedmeseymour

« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2018, 05:40:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol who says "yanks" anymore? you red coat piece of shit.

edit: juicy j focused.. gone too soon :/
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 01:24:49 PM by feedmeseymour »

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2018, 08:37:46 AM »
FRIED
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2018, 08:46:05 AM »

I hate you.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2018, 09:11:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

lol who says "yanks" anymore? you red coat piece of shit.
oh my god I laughed so hard at this!  ;D

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2018, 01:10:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

lol who says "yank" anymore? you red coat piece of shit.

;D ;D ;D

Seriously, he should have been more PC and used 'Colonial'

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2018, 02:08:15 PM »
All in all I thought it was entertaining. The fact he kept glorifying drinking and demonizing smoking was baffling. Gotta love the "routine" bit at the end where he mentions P Stone. Does he neglect the fact that the guy lost his life because of drunk driving? Nine club shouldn't allow this dude to peddle that shit with all the kids who probably watch this

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #134 on: December 28, 2018, 03:32:25 PM »
Soo many fucking pussies in this place.

That was the best episode yet. He talks about punk so passionately because he has literally lived a punk like life for decades. He’s being himself and always has, while not giving a fuck what anyone thinks of him.

Hopefully next week it goes back to the exciting and refreshing formula of “what age did you start skating?” And “who was your first sponsor?” Then there may be less complaining in this place.

You rule DD! Never change.

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2018, 04:10:49 PM »
I love hearing how Keenan made Dustin feel like number one. That’s amazing Keenan was loving it at the Goth clubs lol Keenan Forever 🙏❤️

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2018, 06:02:16 PM »
one of my favorite episodes to date

let er rip dusty

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2018, 07:52:26 PM »

That was the best episode yet. He talks about punk so passionately because he has literally lived a punk like life for decades. He’s being himself and always has, while not giving a fuck what anyone thinks of him.

Hopefully next week it goes back to the exciting and refreshing formula of “what age did you start skating?” And “who was your first sponsor?” Then there may be less complaining in this place.

He was talking about the piss drunks bringing true punk back with new york dolls costumes. I'm sorry but he has no idea what he's talking about

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2018, 09:44:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
He was talking about the piss drunks bringing true punk back with new york dolls costumes. I'm sorry but he has no idea what he's talking about

He has no idea about punk ideology?

Joclo

• Rep: 19
  • Just wiggin out
« Reply #139 on: December 30, 2018, 04:08:08 PM »
Expand Quote
What's Dustin gonna do when he's 50. Pretty sure his sponsors won't be paying him anymore by then.
[close]

You mean he's NOT 50?

According to his nine club, I'm pretty sure he was in the original bones brigade. This was when he came over to the states at 4 and showed up like "whot tha fock. I been drunk fo yayes...but like...noboi knew it." He's gotta be in his late 40's/early 50s.

oroku1983

« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2018, 04:59:07 PM »
Dustin won't actually be punk till he loses all his sponsors and is out on the street penniless.
Also he doesn't know wtf he's talking about when it comes to music (or anything for that matter).

billy.pepperidge

• Rep: -17
« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2018, 05:30:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

You mean he's NOT 50?
[close]

According to his nine club, I'm pretty sure he was in the original bones brigade. This was when he came over to the states at 4 and showed up like "whot tha fock. I been drunk fo yayes...but like...noboi knew it." He's gotta be in his late 40's/early 50s.
He is just 38.
Dustin Dollin (born 26 June 1980

ballintoohard

« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2018, 09:02:09 PM »
Dollin is 1 level above a suburban mall punk. Punk "ideology" does not just mean be a self-loathing nihilist that gets hammered and dressing like the top 10 token Spotify Classic Punk Playlist band membes....

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #143 on: December 30, 2018, 10:04:08 PM »
Dustin won't actually be punk till he loses all his sponsors and is out on the street penniless.
Also he doesn't know wtf he's talking about when it comes to music (or anything for that matter).

He owns a skateboard distribution in Australia, so its easier to assume he's gonna be alright.

Enjoyed the episode. Feels foolish to be  surprised by a few self righteous slap posts, but jesus. Dollin drinks a lot yes, whether he occasionally drives drunk or, there was that one time, a vast majority of us don't know. Try finding something to enjoy about the episode than focusing on an assumption.

Love the Nine Club for what it is. I enjoy it more than other skate pods because it more genuinely feels like skaters just shootin the shit, getting to know each other. Sometimes they stick to a more rigid format of a timeline to help progress a conversation for over an hour, but its a mellow vibe. I like how Chris isn't intimidating nor is he fanning out on all the guests. He keeps the show movin and lets Kelly and Rog skate nerd it up. Really dig the dynamic they have going.

Not sure how I feel like Andy Mac as a guest, but it would be interesting to see his perspective on the skate industry, as someone has taken his skating far outside of the industry. Been keepin a lot of shit in as a lurker, definitely got carried away!!
The chillest1

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #144 on: December 31, 2018, 12:13:33 AM »

FrontButt

« Reply #145 on: December 31, 2018, 12:36:44 AM »
I'm curious as to why he was back in Australia for the 4 or so years when Baker started and Baker2g came came out? They never ask why he went back and that seemed like a pivotal time in his career. Visa issues?

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #146 on: December 31, 2018, 01:16:37 AM »
I'm curious as to why he was back in Australia for the 4 or so years when Baker started and Baker2g came came out? They never ask why he went back and that seemed like a pivotal time in his career. Visa issues?
i think he talks about it on a youtube video where he narrates his baker 3 part. As i remember it was visa problems, he might have gotten in some legal trouble or something

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2018, 03:25:10 PM »
Some rambling for sure but actually an entertaining episode. Dude has had a life.

Stevie Williams, Biebel, and Keenan in a goth club is my favorite.

His ideas about drinking vs sobriety are dumb. Just do you. Nobody is tryna stop you from drinking. He sounds a little threatened by sober people.

Lol at him rejecting the sw flip manny mug

quadcuff

• Rep: -6
« Reply #148 on: January 01, 2019, 05:40:19 PM »
dude goes out of his way to say how him going out skating with the first gay skater was NO BIG DEAL AT ALL then drops the f-bomb super casually, that was fucked

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #149 on: January 01, 2019, 05:47:10 PM »
dude goes out of his way to say how him going out skating with the first gay skater was NO BIG DEAL AT ALL then drops the f-bomb super casually, that was fucked

Its all good yall, BA sat on his lap.